The definition of a "Wonder Weapon".

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can have many definitions and reasons for what is and what is not a wonder weapon, but at the end of day, when we say wonder weapon, we mean the big beast of a gun that is on occasion map exclusive. The gun that all the noobs nob the box hard till they get it. The weapon that will literally obliterate the incoming horde.

Thundergun, Wunderwaffe, Scavenger, Wave Gun, Sliquifier etc. Even the Jetgun is supposed to be one, and until it got patched, it was actually insanely OP.

It may be wonderous, but no one should really consider the Raygun a wonder weapon.  I understand that "technically" it is, but only in storyline terms.

at the end of day, when we say wonder weapon, we mean the big beast of a gun that is on occasion map exclusive. The gun that all the noobs nob the box hard till they get it. The weapon that will literally obliterate the incoming horde.

Thundergun, Wunderwaffe, Scavenger, Wave Gun, Sliquifier etc. Even the Jetgun is supposed to be one, and until it got patched, it was actually insanely OP.

That is the best term for a wonder weapon yet!

We can have many definitions and reasons for what is and what is not a wonder weapon, but at the end of day, when we say wonder weapon, we mean the big beast of a gun that is on occasion map exclusive. The gun that all the noobs nob the box hard till they get it. The weapon that will literally obliterate the incoming horde.

It may be wonderous, but no one should really consider the Raygun a wonder weapon.  I understand that "technically" it is, but only in storyline terms.

I agree with everything except that part about the Jet Gun. It never was OP in the least bit. It always was bad... it just got worse after being patched. The only thing even remotely good about it in the slightest is that it doesn't rely on ammo drops. In every other way it is bad. Trust me I just did a 100 using that weapon pre-patch. It's bad. Really bad.

Eh, no ammo sounds preferably better than limited ammo doesn't it? Especially on a map without traps? I get that it is quite crappy, but at the end of the day, you're not wasting ammo. That seems like it's a top tier weapon.

Although, I don't know if killing and waiting for it to cool down is faster than killing with normal weapons. So that may be it's downfall.

Eh, no ammo sounds preferably better than limited ammo doesn't it? Especially on a map without traps? I get that it is quite crappy, but at the end of the day, you're not wasting ammo. That seems like it's a top tier weapon.

Although, I don't know if killing and waiting for it to cool down is faster than killing with normal weapons. So that may be it's downfall.

Well, technically Buried doesn't have traps either, but...

The Jet Gun is riskier to use than most weapons because it only works at point-blank range. That is a problem with a weapon that can only suck in 3 zombies at a time maximum, and that has a LOT of cooldown time with relatively little time for use each charge. The Paralyzer exists to show just how bad the Jet Gun really is as they are designed somewhat similarly. Also the Jet Gun awards no points per kill.

Comparing this weapon to the Ice Staff which is what I was using before as I was playing Origins makes the Jet Gun seem even worse. It takes ages to kill a train compared to most weapons. The Jet Gun cannot be used to camp, cannot be relied on to save your life, kills only a few zombies at a time, has huge recharge time, takes a while to build, if overused has to be rebuilt, gives no points per kill and on top of that received yet another nerf after the game was released! It's terrible. Fun to use unpatched, but still bad. Pretty much any other weapon in zombies that can kill at any round makes this thing look like someone literally pulled it out of the trash.

I agree with everything except that part about the Jet Gun. It never was OP in the least bit. It always was bad... it just got worse after being patched. The only thing even remotely good about it in the slightest is that it doesn't rely on ammo drops. In every other way it is bad. Trust me I just did a 100 using that weapon pre-patch. It's bad. Really bad.

I messed around with it pre-patch, and I only considered it to be OP because it was pretty much infinite ammo with no cool down period. If you had the ballistics you could just keep using it, put it away, use it, put it away etc. People only got 100+ on that map because of that gun. That does kind of make it OP.

Until it got patched (even though I see some people have found a new way to use it similar to it being unpatched), it was definitely kind of wonderous. Man... the record is 143 on that map I believe. It kills zombies no matter what round too, so that is the go to weapon from 50 onwards.

What I never understood was why they never went back and buffed the Jet Gun. It takes like 15 minutes to build, "sucks" and can even explode it's parts outside the map (this is terrible because you now can't even build it again.

It could drop to the ground instead, and have to wait like 35 seconds for it to cool down before picking it back up. For anyone saying this is overpowered, has anyone seen the Paralyser lately? I understand the Jet Gun is a buildable, but that doesn't mean it has to bad. Just look at the Sliquifier.

Tapatalk

Naitrax, Treyarch took the criticisms people gave about the Jet Gun, and thus the Paralyzer was born. Your analogy answers itself.

Exactly. They basically remade the Jet Gun based on peoples criticisms of it, and gave us the Paralyzer... a gun the complete opposite of the Jet Gun. Quicker cool down, longer bursts, the ability to fly properly with it etc.

Buffing the original Jet Gun would be admitting that the got it spectacularly wrong, and that is not something I see Treyarch doing very often. Hell, if they were going to "buff" anything, it would be Tranzit in general. Adding in a few new perks or weapons would have improved longevity, but it would show them up for getting it wrong in the first place, so instead they just walk away and never look back.

I was hoping the NavCards would rejuvenate Tranzit somehow (as did most of the community from as far back as Dec/Jan... how did you fail to see THAT ONE Treyarch!?!), but alas it fell on deaf ears, and Treyarch decided against giving us anything remotely worthwhile, possibly due to this new term they like throwing about... "Time contraints".

Why when most of the community wanted Tranzit improved somewhat, did they not make the NavCards do that exact purpose? Such a wasted opportunity. :(

• 1 month later...

Just got a question relating to the topic, but if a wonder weapon by definition MUST have the use of 115 and/or aethereal magic/powers doesn't that mean the WInter's Howl isn't a wonder weapon? I'm not aware of any evidence that indicates that it does. At least for wonder weapons like the 31-79jgb215 we have evidence that Maxis made it so we can assume it utilizes 115 for power. Even back when Call of the Dead first came out and people were first questioning the Scavenger as a wonder weapon, people brought of scans of its reload animation and caught a glimpse of a fractal of glowing 115 inside the barrel.

Edited by redflame115

I think the scavenger should be considered a wonder weapon, as it's lethal effects are tremendous, far more then that of an average explosion. 

Also the staves are weapons, they shoot fire, ice, lightning, and vicious amounts of wind. The wonder comes from the ancient stones. 

I agree the blundergat is not a wonder weapon, but the acid gat is not one either, as it has no direct link to 115. Infact it may be running off energy created in hell, much like the tomahawk, which also isn't a weapon. 

Paralyzer is a weapon, but the time bombs aren't as they don't actually cause damage to anything.

The origins beacons are not wonder weapons themselves, HOWEVER one can not forget that the robots that cause the attacks are fused together by 115, and thus are wonder weapons.