The black flag hanging in the chandelier in the lobby.

Cook a nad then toss it at the chandelier in the lobby. If the nad goes off near the crystal hanging from the bottom center of the chandelier, a black "flag" will appear for a short time. Anybody have any ideas on what tbis is for? Also note that the closer the nad is to the crystal whan it goes off the darker the flag is.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I uploaded a pic. It doesn't seem to work on the first round. Aim at the little crystal hanging from the center of the chandelier (in the lobbie). Cook a grenade and toss. If timed right, a black flag will appear in the chandelier. The closer to the crystal that the explosion is, the larger the flag will be. The pic is of a close explosion. If the crystal is hit by the outside edge, a small flag will appear. Also, if you get a large flag, sometime in the next few rounds the zombies will drop 3 or more power ups.

I have not tried this myself but I would imagine it is due to the black mark the grenade leaves on the ground and walls when it explodes, It is simply applying this to the chandelier texture and it looks like a flag

Edit: You can see this pretty clearly about 30 secs into this video (Just a random video I found on youtube)

I have not tried this myself but I would imagine it is due to the black mark the grenade leaves on the ground and walls when it explodes, It is simply applying this to the chandelier texture and it looks like a flag

This very well may be true, BUT (sorry bout the caps, I just like big butts. Lol) I can't say I've seen the flag drop on round one. And it only can be made to happen one time per game. Also, there is a noted increase of power ups during the following rounds. One point to the shading glitch is that the flag cannot be seen from the right side of the room, the quick revive side. I'd like to strongly encourage everyone to try this and tell me what you think. I've been able to find nothing about this online. I'm hoping someone who knows this game better may find it to be a missing piece of the (, dare I say it) easter egg that doesn't seem to be in Kino. Many things point to an EE's existence in Kino. I beleive the EE is just to well hidden that it just can't be found.

unfortunately the search for the EE in kino was exhausted and no results were found, it has been concluded that there is no EE.

The increase in drops you are experiencing is almost guaranteed to be due to luck or you observing what you wish to be true, from my knowledge there is no action that can be preformed to increase drops in a round (Or weapons from a box for that matter :P)

Like nayrcraig said, it's most likely the destroyed texture mark the grenade leaves on the object's surface it explodes on (in your case the chandelier) making it look weird.

I've gone through Kino's code multiple times. There are no in-game actions you can perform that lead to an increase in things like drops. Also no EE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your feed back. I have tried this on 3 different ps3s with a different codbo disk for each ps3. It worked each time. Please give it a try then post what you think. I really do believe it's not a glitch or dumb luck. Please try THEN post what you think. Look b4 u leap. Know what ur talking about. Please don't just post what you think is happening here without looking into it first. Thank you and sorry for having to spell that out.

My conclusion does not change whether I test this out in the field or not.

I've looked into this and countless other "EE trigger foundings" by looking at the core game files.

There's not a single line of code indicating any presence of hidden triggers that change gameplay.

So whatever it is you've found; we can be 100% certain that it does not increase power drop rate or does anything of relevance.

Thus it's most likely a visual glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, well thanks for pointing it out, even of it was a dead end.

Still amusing and even troll worthy; 'dude, you need to get the green light on the tp pad, drop the chandelier flag, then you need to down yourself in the middle of a dog round, and you'll get back up with all perks...'

Happy gaming!

I'm hoping someone who knows this game better may find it to be a missing piece of the (, dare I say it) easter egg that doesn't seem to be in Kino. Many things point to an EE's existence in Kino. I beleive the EE is just to well hidden that it just can't be found.

The Dev's have already said in the past that Ascension was the first time they attempted a multi step EE in zombies, which pretty much confirmed that Kino did not have one.

Another thing to note, is that it was actually Raven Software that made Kino, and it was made for World at War, so side quest EE's were not something overly present in zombies until BO1.

This is why BO1 had 2 maps as default. The zombie team made Five and decided to use Kino in BO1, despite their attempts to faze out the whole "Nazi" theme to the game.

I am 100% positive that there is NO Easter Egg on Kino. Sorry.