Alternatives to zombieRecords.net ?

strett

Question

So wingsofoblivion posted a video exposing Sithbas as a cheat. 

Sithbas is the founder of www.zombierecords.net.

So are there any alternatives to zombierecords.

Wings of oblivion is a cheat also and I wouldn't have seen this until I saw other people comment on his video. 

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'd recommend something like this:

Make a simple Challenges Topic on the Forum page.

80cb8f971a40df7060ee7f5de36dfd49.png

Let the Challenge Ideas Options be a place where people can discuss and talk about different challenges to try on their own.

Then in the CODZ Challenge option, place a Pinned post for Challenge Winners. It would be a scored list for people who have earned points from challenges that the forum regulates. Then have a second pinned post for Completed Challenge List. It would be a list of the past challenges with the high round that the winning team/player got to win the challenge. Then if a player clicked on each individual past challenge it would take them to that challenge's post.

So say you do a challenge where teams of 3-4 players have to hold the top of the dig site on Origins from round 5 on. They can't open the steps to go inside but they can use the steps around the dig. Something along those lines, where its going to be hard to reach round 30. Then you set dates that the challenge is open, like if we started it today, teams would have to have their submission in no later than April 4th midnight ET. Teams could submit the team name, each player, and someone's user name who has the game saved on theater mode. Since the challenges are designed to be on the short side, like a first room challenge would be, checking the videos wouldn't be that hard or time consuming. Then someone judges and checks the top 4 teams and the winners are shown on April 5th. 1st place gets so many Challenge points, 2nd gets less, than third and fourth also each get some. Each player on each of those teams gets those points and they are added to their point total on the Challenge Winners Post. That challenge has its own post made before the start date which eventually shows all 4 winners, along with the rules and anything else related to that challenge. Then the winning score goes to the Completed Challenges Post along with a link to the challenge's post.

Once the challenge is completed, you don't need to take any more submissions for it. This keeps people from fighting over top spots, since only the 2-4 weeks a challenge is open can the winner be picked. Just let the top teams score stand for people to try and beat for fun. Then maybe reopen one down the road if people want to try it again. Like Origins Challenge 2 or something. And you could even award emblems for the winners of the challenges. If you wanted, you could even make the awards challenge specific, but thats extra work. Once one challenge ends, start another one within that week to keep people interested and trying to beat each other.

I think 2-4 week challenges like this, would keep people playing the game while we wait for the next one, and it keeps it as friendly competition. Nothing as competitive as the World Records Leaderboards where people need to cheat and fight to show their worth. Just something dumb and simple that promotes playing the game.

Pretty shocking to see the founder of the site that most high round players in the community rely on and trust is a modder himself.

Still, even if he has hacked (it is obvious he did), there is absolutely NO NEED for Wings to resort to racism. He has went too far calling him "a dirty paki".

For shame Wings. You proved your point, then went to far with it.

Wings is a complete scumbag.

He honestly makes me want to use my resources and time to cause him genuine non violent grief.

Don't feed the trolls.

I haven't taken any notice of wings since his nml cheat. I only noticed this video after boysta had commented on it.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

I have spoken with Sithbas a lot today.  I have known the guy for 2 years at least, and have never once not had a fun game playing with him.

The games that we used to play with Eye and Way, were always so much fun.  He introduced me to a lot of new players, some of whom I still play with.

On hearing his explanations for both Kino and Five, I believe him.  I believe he has modded and hacked in the past, but never for a game which he claimed on the ZR leaderboards or a WR.

My main basis for believing him is that he is too intelligent and switched on to get caught.  It is so easy to edit with Vegas that the mistake that Wings pointed out on the Five run just doesn't make sense.  You hack a game for a week, and then miss something that would take a split second to fix in Vegas?  I maybe wrong, but I don't think so.

His Shang explanation is backed up apparently by Pishizor according to Sith's blog, who is a bit of a PC genius.

The best strategies were all discovered pretty much on PC with modding, so it certainly exists.

Wings is being very careful in his responses to me as I believe he knows I am talking sense in what I am saying.

He had a channel of around 3k in subs way way way back in the day, after the Five video.  If he was prepared to hack that, why didn't he hack every world record.

I know something that is abundantly true - if I was to hack once, and got away with it I would do it again.

Greed causes this, which to me is still the only reason Super did what he did.

BTW, if Super came back I would talk to him as if nothing happened.

It's just a game at the end of the day.  I don't want to belittle the people going for records, not only because a lot of them are good friends of mine but also because something that we put time into does mean something to us.

There is not a single questionable score on zombierecords, Sith has none on and so I really don't see what the problem is.

You are right Stret, he is a troll and I should not waste my time.  However, I believe that there is much more to this than meets the eye, and if what I suspect is true happens to be true I will not see it as wasting my time to try and make it right.

• Administrators

If we had an accurate (up to date and no cheaters) leaderboards for first rooms, no powers and maybe some challenges I would be very happy.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

If you (or anyone) sends me records of them, then I can add said challenge leaderboards. :)

I agree. I was such a huge fan of SuperHands, and despite his "apparent" modding, he was still incredibly skilled at this game-mode. Hell, so is Wings, but he has proven to be a bit of a scumbag, who is only venting his rage as he was a repeated offender and now cannot get his name on those leaderboards (despite multiple chances to redeem himself).

Modding is like a drug... you do it once and it starts to become addictive. Sithbas' Shangri-La video looks very suspect indeed, and the fact he took 4 hits before lobbing a grenade without going red (to apparently deactivate the mod) before going down is kind of obvious, but why if he deactivated the mod does he not then get back up from having QR!?

I am confused about it, but at the end of the day, it was not a WR game. Still... for someone who runs a WR site, it is not something they should EVER be doing. Still... mods or not, Wings took it too far with his racism, and it shows what type of person he is.

I have not lost my respect for Sithbas, but I would definitely be wary of any future records he sets from now on. I also still respected Wings despite his modding, but all respect was lost when I watched the last few minutes of his video.

I have spoken with Sithbas a lot today. I have known the guy for 2 years at least, and have never once not had a fun game playing with him.

The games that we used to play with Eye and Way, were always so much fun. He introduced me to a lot of new players, some of whom I still play with.

On hearing his explanations for both Kino and Five, I believe him. I believe he has modded and hacked in the past, but never for a game which he claimed on the ZR leaderboards or a WR.

My main basis for believing him is that he is too intelligent and switched on to get caught. It is so easy to edit with Vegas that the mistake that Wings pointed out on the Five run just doesn't make sense. You hack a game for a week, and then miss something that would take a split second to fix in Vegas? I maybe wrong, but I don't think so.

His Shang explanation is backed up apparently by Pishizor according to Sith's blog, who is a bit of a PC genius.

The best strategies were all discovered pretty much on PC with modding, so it certainly exists.

Wings is being very careful in his responses to me as I believe he knows I am talking sense in what I am saying.

He had a channel of around 3k in subs way way way back in the day, after the Five video. If he was prepared to hack that, why didn't he hack every world record.

I know something that is abundantly true - if I was to hack once, and got away with it I would do it again.

It's just a game at the end of the day. I don't want to belittle the people going for records, not only because a lot of them are good friends of mine but also because something that we put time into does mean something to us.

There is not a single questionable score on zombierecords, Sith has none on and so I really don't see what the problem is.

You are right Stret, he is a troll and I should not waste my time. However, I believe that there is much more to this than meets the eye, and if what I suspect is true happens to be true I will not see it as wasting my time to try and make it right.

Well said chopper. You've changed my mind on this matter.

I agree. I was such a huge fan of SuperHands, and despite his "apparent" modding, he was still incredibly skilled at this game-mode. Hell, so is Wings, but he has proven to be a bit of a scumbag, who is only venting his rage as he was a repeated offender and now cannot get his name on those leaderboards (despite multiple chances to redeem himself).

Modding is like a drug... you do it once and it starts to become addictive. Sithbas' Shangri-La video looks very suspect indeed, and the fact he took 4 hits before lobbing a grenade without going red (to apparently deactivate the mod) before going down is kind of obvious, but why if he deactivated the mod does he not then get back up from having QR!?

I am confused about it, but at the end of the day, it was not a WR game. Still... for someone who runs a WR site, it is not something they should EVER be doing. Still... mods or not, Wings took it too far with his racism, and it shows what type of person he is.

I have not lost my respect for Sithbas, but I would definitely be wary of any future records he sets from now on. I also still respected Wings despite his modding, but all respect was lost when I watched the last few minutes of his video.

I miss superhands. I really liked his videos. Back in the day he and relaxing end were the ones who got me into zombies. Before superhands videos I couldn't get beyond like round 12-15. His super easy trains helped a lot.

• Tech Admin

Chopper, I'm not one to get involved usually. However, can Sithbas explain why he had 4 perks including QR on Shangri La, throuighs a grenade (which apparently switches off godmode), goes down but doesn't get revived by himself? If he didn't have godmode on, I seen no reason to throw a grenade at the point he did, it wouldn't have done anything as it was thrown into nothing.

Solo and QR= You go down, you revive yourself. I don't know the guy and I don't know wings but I would say, that is extremely suspect.

I have monkeyed around with the pc black ops quite a bit to know what really happened here. Apparently when you Activate God mode, your quick revives do not work even if you deactivate it any time during the game. Meaning you only have one life after you deactivate god-mode, regardless of how many quick revives are left.

I am confused about it, but at the end of the day, it was not a WR game. Still... for someone who runs a WR site, it is not something they should EVER be doing.

Sithbas currently has a WR game going on Moon (170+ maybe) , so after being proved that his shangri la game is "not legit" by wings, any WR's where he has not LIVE STREAMED a single round will not be trusted as they could have been hacked. This is why they are making a big deal out of it.

Just keep in mind Sithbas has not updated his own records to zombie records site because the site has a reputation to not approve anything that is under speculation even if it involved staff or founder itself.

Edited by Hells Warrrior
Edited quotes for you
I miss superhands. I really liked his videos. Back in the day he and relaxing end were the ones who got me into zombies. Before superhands videos I couldn't get beyond like round 12-15. His super easy trains helped a lot.

I miss him too. He was one of the only people I used to watch back in the day. He proved many a time how skilled he was without modding or video editing, and I think the way he was outed was a bit poor.

Still, it's like I said above, modding is like a drug... you do it once and it becomes addictive. It should only be used by these WR hunters as a practice aid to find the best strategies. It should NEVER be used in the actual attempts.

That being said, I would like to think Superhands is still out there crushing the WR's.

Here's the thing that I find really peculiar:

Why were you using nemexisOps - a modded version of the original Black Ops - instead of the (steam) legitimate one for your Shang record?

Are we accepting people who use altered versions of a game into world records, now?

Also I'd like to remind people that when you play nemexisOps, there's always the text 'NemexisOps V._' in the upper-right of your screen.

Unless you mess around with the files, of course.

• Tech Admin

In case you guys missed my Response: http://wp.me/p2JtoB-c9

Also my whole round 178 on Moon: http://bit.do/jgde

could not stream the game on my main account due to the very people who accuse me of hacking were ddosing me everytime i went live as stop me from displaying this game. Please note that the previous record holder is involved in all of this as well

Sithbas, if the high rounds is legitimate then fair play and well done. Got to give you kudos for it. However, if the high rounds are not legitimate and the evidence (including what you have posted online and those with more knowledge than myself have said). Is that the downs are suspicious, and the kill counts are suspicious on one of the videos as well.

If a DDOS attack was happening, then you will know that a DDOS attack was happening and will have a snapshot of the traffic that you had been hit by as a result of this DDOS attack? You can also ask your ISP to check the records and to supply you with this information, whether they supply it you is a different question.

Do you agree that QR on solo, revives you?

Do you agree that no known bug exists, that when you have QR it will not revive you but end the game?

Do you have the full recordings for the maps in question that can clear your name?

Do you agree that in five, that the bodies mounted up beside the table, indicate that the table glitch was used on Five? Do you have an explanation to counter that argument?

It's not just wingsofoblivion that are questioning those high rounds, the community is questioning those high rounds. I also have to say, that the post you made on sithbas.com and linked above, doesn't answer the questions that people (including from this site, and from the community in general) are asking for you to answer. With concrete evidence, which can only be done with a full video, unedited, showing round by round, kill by kill.

I know you are a friend of choppers and others and Chopper mentioned he spoke with you about it and discussed it at length (as he posted earlier) & he made a very good argument on your behalf. However, it doesn't get away from the fact, that you need to supply evidence, people aqre just not buying the defence you have put up on Sithbas.com - it doesn't have any evidence to prove otherwise.