Is camping done?

Now Im not talking about staying in a area to setup but camping a certain area for high rounds. Now in waw days there was the endless debates about camping. Best example Der riese, was you a catwalk or alley person? But my question is in black ops 2 have they elimated the stratagy of everyone camping together to get to high rounds? I personally cant think of one on any map.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buried is easy and no need for camping, mod of the dead is a big map but small areas which means hard to camp. origins is too big and wide open and can't camp. tranzit fog areas can't camp in those areas or can't even explore and the map is too small. i think die rise is the best map out of the lot for camping

There's plenty of camping spots in Black Ops 2!  Here are some of my favorites:

Tranzit:  Pack a punch room (This is a map with few camping spots)

Nuketown:  On the staircase in the yellow house or in the small area where the power-up always is ( my friend and I made it to round 30 here)

Die Rise:  In the Buddha room on the ledge (across from where the bear is there) or on the roof under the tower.

Mob of the Dead:  On the roof (towards the back right if you are looking from the door; 2 people and we got to 40)

Buried:  Do I really need to say? (I still love the map though!)

Origins:  Down in the Excavation site (see Tranzit)

So all in all, except for Tranzit and Origins, camping is definitely not done!

Now Im not talking about staying in a area to setup but camping a certain area for high rounds. Now in waw days there was the endless debates about camping. Best example Der riese, was you a catwalk or alley person? But my question is in black ops 2 have they elimated the stratagy of everyone camping together to get to high rounds? I personally cant think of one on any map.

Holy buried batman!  i've solo camped to 58 on that map, and co-op to 50 with my good friend setup man0077  ...  Mob of the dead i've co-op 4 player camped to round 30+  by leaving the gate next to jugg shut and us camping with our backs to the gate.  die rise camped to 32 with 4 players our backs against the wall near the MP5.   Origins and Tranzit are the only two I havent really camped much on....

So i guess my point is, no camping is definitely not dead, in fact it is alive and well!

I camp the top of the bar in Town to at least round 20. No point in running before then. Same with farm in the opening at the top of the house.

Die Rise it's pretty easy to camp on the roof. PDW area isn't bad either for early rounds if you drop there without opening the escelator. Also the area you buy the an94.

MOTD you can get to decent rounds sitting at the bottom of the spiral stairs and when you get backed up there you go to the gate by jug. They don't spawn in the bottom section of the spiral stairs if I remember correctly. Even room to run brutus around in there.

In Mob of the Dead the bottom of the spiral area, the lowest two entire sections are completely spawn free. No zombie spawns.

If you're willing to connect the docks to the main prison by only the Gondola this is a camping heaven. Soo much room to move around and back up if necessary.

Origins, I've seen some pretty crazy co-op (not too many solo) camping strategies in the tunnels to the crazy place, I believe wind was one of the better ones if my memory is correct.

Buried, in the saloon there is a campers dream hallway which has a drop down escape on one end that only players can use, and a zombie spawn and entrance on the opposite end. Coupled with the abundance of traps, the Vulture aid perk, and the time bomb, this map is quite campable.

On TranZit while it may not be pure camping per say, just riding the bus with 4 players can actually be quite effective. The zombies slow down drastically if a breach occurs.

Otherwise I know you can camp the spawn with it's 4 windows thanks to the self closing turbine door, or the area behind bus depot where the navcard spawns is pretty decent.

Die Rise, I've actually used a rather cheap solo camping spot that may be possible to extend to 2 or 3 players. In the upsidedown Buddha Room, sit as high as you can (comfortably) on the busted diagonal pillar that leads nowhere. Sliquify the base of the pillar.

The zombies just pool up beneath you, so as long as you renew the sliquifier shot every 25 seconds or so, you're safe.

This will NOT last you much past the 40s, but I think that's a fair limit for a camping spot.

Nuketown is the only one I've never gotten the hang of.

I think camping in BO2 is actually slightly easier than in BO1. But that's my opinion.

For Kino, camping firetrap room to 30+ is easy as long as you know how to group up in the room.

Ascension, I camp the spawn, standing near the m14 with raygun til 40 or so.

Verruckt, there's the speed cola area, with tremendously fast spawns (as low as 10 seconds) until 35.

die rise, I usually camp the pdw elevator, but I am also trying to find camping areas that allow quick spawns.

Buried, easy map is easy.

Origins, usually I camp at G4, moving when necessary, shooting staffs.

I have a few pretty amazing spots for co-op in my own opinion that are quite fun and challenging once the 30s-40s hit.

Die Rise:

Camp the floor below the roof with the tower. Now, there are two doors that must stay closed at all times, the rest of the doors either must be bought to access it or are optional. From the roof, buy the couch leading down the stairs. Next, turn right at the first turn and buy the double doors. Next, turn left and look at the barrier against the wall in the back. This is the only barrier that zombies will attack your back from, and once iron bars are acquired, it is exceptionally easy to cover. The rest of the zombies funnel through the hallway as long as you camp with the one barrier to your back and the doors to your right closed. Fun with 2-3 players, haven't tried it with four. Obviously, the more people back there, the more firepower, however more zombies per round and less ammo is the downside to this. AN-94 PaP'd, RGII, monkey bombs, and a Sliquifier are the best setup, as well as trample steams. The rest of the weapons are personal preference.

Mob of the Dead:

After Round 20, the most fun spot to camp with a max of two players is inside the jail cell in the warden's office where the rigging to the plane is found. there are no spawns inside and there is a small window to shoot through for the player not guarding the door. Suggested setup is 2 vitriolic whitherings and a RGII for one person at least. Other person can run either an LSAT or Uzi for buyable ammo as secondary. both take turns firing their whitherings and popping heads of zombies. Extremely fun, could have went to 50 with a friend of mine using this strat but was forced to turn my xbox off by the Moms. :P

These are two of the most fun strategies I have ever done since I started playing zombies, honestly.

I do both for the most part. Camp for the beginning and the. Train for the rest. In die rise, I either camp in the half broken column till the late 20s with an an94 PAP w/ double tap. Then Il switch over the escalator next to the QR elevator till the sliquifier becomes unpatched.

In MOTD, il camp next to double tap so there are only two spawn points till the 30s.

In buried you can camp to whatever round you want at jug.

Origins you can camp to the 50s at a few different spots.

But all these maps w/ the exception of buried I will end up training at one point or another.

Black Ops 2 is a lot more camping friendly than Black Ops. Bullet guns have more power and therefore better camping potential thanks to the amazing DT2. Not to mention the overpowered wall weapons like the AN and the SVU and the camp friendly wonder weaponry (Ice Staff, Sliquifier and especially the Paralyzer). The only map that really makes camping ineffective is TranZit. All other main maps are camp friendly, especially Buried which is almost impossible to train on.

Camping is a means to an end, namely getting the good training rounds faster and more safely. The faster the spawns, the easier it is to train a spot. Camping lets you get to that point in the game more quickly by killing the zombies as fast as they come, the disadvantage is it's less ammo efficient.

People who lack the skill to get far by training have a lot more to work on than the people who get bored sitting in one spot.

Black Ops 2 made camping a little bit too good. I hope there are no maps like Buried in the next zombies installment.

• Administrators

I don't really feel like people camp because they lack the skill to train. It is literally just running in a circle, it’s basically mindless and anyone can do it. The difference between us "normies" and the high round folks is time and determination.Skill doesn't fall into training until much later in the game as ammo becomes ineffective in most cases. The player must strategize ammo for wonder weapons and how to best utilize traps. Training is basically manipulating the AI mechanics of the game.This is why treyarch put so many obstructions in and doesn't put weapons in the wide open spaces (the town on tranzit, upside down room on Die Rise). I prefer the tight maps as it brings true challenge to the game.

I don't really feel like people camp because they lack the skill to train. It is literally just running in a circle, it’s basically mindless and anyone can do it. The difference between us "normies" and the high round folks is time and determination.Skill doesn't fall into training until much later in the game as ammo becomes ineffective in most cases. The player must strategize ammo for wonder weapons and how to best utilize traps. Training is basically manipulating the AI mechanics of the game.This is why treyarch put so many obstructions in and doesn't put weapons in the wide open spaces (the town on tranzit, upside down room on Die Rise). I prefer the tight maps as it brings true challenge to the game.

Depends on the train and your setup. A large amount of Zombie Challenges are, essentially, running a enclosed and un-ideal train without jug. So I have to differ, training does take skill.

• Administrators
Welcome to the forum! Perhaps I was being brash when I said anyone could do it. I sometimes take basic zombie skills for granted as I am so deep within the community. Kiting is unavoidable in zombies and in many cases It is the only means to survive. I just disagree with the statement that camping is a strategy for those who lack the ability to train. My Wife ran a train for me while I went to the restroom last night. She is basically inept when it comes to gaming, but she was able to complete this task.

It depends on the specifics Boom.

if by running a train, you mean leading around a full horde of 24 zombies without downing, then yes. Anyone should be able to do that.

However in that case gathering a train is what takes skill, especially in less than ideal areas.

You need to be able to alter your course on the fly if a zombie happens to end up in front of you for whatever reason.

Sometimes this alteration is just a side step and back again, but in some instances this can be an entire rerouting.

in most (I suppose not all...) training locations there is an element of chaos to the spawns such that you cannot repeat a simple shape ad infinitum until you're sick of playing.

You do need to have at least a basic understanding of your player capabilities, the zombie AI, and the surrounding map and spawns in order to make proper adjustments to survive.

• Administrators

Well, in any given map, there is at least one solid camping spot. There are a good amount of factors that affect camping, such as the weaponry in that map, any bosses that can hinder it, the structure/layout of the area, etc etc.

In World at War, you had two maps that could not deal with training much. Thus, your only viable option was to hold out in a secluded area with your back against the wall. Ol' fashioned camping. Then Shi No Numa rolled around and training began to popularize. Since then, maps were being made to allow training with a few obstacles that would make it more difficult. One of those involves random spawning without barricades.

If you say that you can't find good camping locations, then you're just not looking hard enough - or only in the most obvious locations.

Tranzit - Town's buildings, Power Room lava pit, Bus Depot spawn room (with first electric door opened)

Nuketown - House top stairs, Garage near mint house

Die Rise - sweatshop w/ back door closed, Dragon Rooftops near Nav Card table, Buddha Room on second level catwalk

Mob of the Dead - Gondola (either path), room below rooftop (where Beast spawns), showers in the laundry cage

Buried - Juggernog alley, Courthouse (with bottom unopened), upper tunnels against unopened barricades, [too many to count actually]

Origins - upper church floor, Excavation Site deck (path to second Lightning Staff piece), Excavation Site staff room

It depends on the specifics Boom.

if by running a train, you mean leading around a full horde of 24 zombies without downing, then yes. Anyone should be able to do that.

However in that case gathering a train is what takes skill, especially in less than ideal areas.

You need to be able to alter your course on the fly if a zombie happens to end up in front of you for whatever reason.

Sometimes this alteration is just a side step and back again, but in some instances this can be an entire rerouting.

in most (I suppose not all...) training locations there is an element of chaos to the spawns such that you cannot repeat a simple shape ad infinitum until you're sick of playing.

You do need to have at least a basic understanding of your player capabilities, the zombie AI, and the surrounding map and spawns in order to make proper adjustments to survive.

This. ^

I can't tell you how many times I've been killed while training because a zombie spawned from somewhere unexpected, usually out of the ground and/or right behind me.

Most good training strategies aren't running in a circle. In fact, a circle is in reality the most flawed way to run a train. True training skill is not easy to master as you need to be aware of a lot of things like Mega said, and be able to make split-second judgement calls to adjust everything properly on the fly.

Some train patterns like the cafeteria on Mob of the Dead are so tight that you get slapped very often which would make such strategies very difficult were it not for the Zombie Shield.

Training takes quite a bit of skill in reality, especially if you are a person who can train successfully and regularly on all sorts of maps in all sorts of places. In the end how good you are at training will also to a degree limit how good of a player you are. It is much harder to train for rounds than to camp in the majority of cases and I stand by my statement:

"People who lack the skill to get far by training have a lot more to work on than the people who get bored sitting in one spot."

Every map in Black Ops 2 has several spots specifically designed with camping in mind. Asides from Nuketown, all the other maps have an abundance of camping areas. Die Rise is probably made with camping in mind above training easily.

There is too many to list, but I could probably name about 20+ spots on All the other maps. I also know that a LOT of people do still camp in these spots, so I think camping is still just as common as training is.

Regarding training being easy... it is on some maps, definitely, but it is nowhere near as simple as some suggest. It requires constant awareness and a lot of skill to read spawns. I get that some maps are ridiculously easy to train on, but even then, I still see a lot of good players struggle once they get to later rounds. It is not just about reading spawns... you also need to take care of the current horde you have while then dealing with the rapid respawn that follows.

I take pride in getting to high rounds and consider myself to be skilled enough to do it. If it was as easy as some suggest, then everyone would be getting high rounds, and they would certainly be less glitchers.

For maps like Ascension and Tranzit, that are considered some of the easiest to train on, I don't see too many people on my friends list above 40 on either map.

It every single map, you always have the to camp or to run circles. However, it is an indisputable fact that camping is a terminal strategy while running is not. Many people nowadays don't bother arguing an already proven fact. They play how they want to play.

Semantically I agree with your statement.  From a realistic viewpoint, I disagree with the proven fact part of it.

You can camp to at best round 38ish, which is a big push in itself.  That's coop as solo is very different.

On a 4p game, it's going to take 4-5 hours to get to between say round 35 and 40.  That's about the limit for many players.

When you look at that information, most people aren't going to reach the terminal limit of camping.

Once you look at weapon choice, and box necessity it's clear to me that if you want to camp to round 35, without hitting the box at the end of every round in the 30s you need a brilliant wall weapon.

The only one which is good enough to get you that high is the AN-94 and that includes DT2.

As it's location is not ideal on any map, except maybe Buried with the chalk outlines it's kinda null.

I do know that on DIe Rise, using the AN-94 and Sallies only, myself, KingJaq, Relaxing and Christian got to 38.  It was the boss round on 37, and I doubt we would have survived a zombie round then.

Camping is the best strategy for almost all 3 or 4 players games, running is the best strategy for solo or coop.

Most 3 or 4 players games aren't generally getting high enough to make camping terminal.  Running circles in a 3 or 4 player game is about the most boring thing I can literally think of doing, so for me camping is King.

• Administrators
I do know that on DIe Rise, using the AN-94 and Sallies only, myself, KingJaq, Relaxing and Christian got to 38.  It was the boss round on 37, and I doubt we would have survived a zombie round then

Did a similar 4 person strat with SVU in place of AN, all four member camped and we made it to round 49. (one member trading in SVU for mark 2 at 45). Took forever, but it was a ton of fun.

Did a similar 4 person strat with SVU in place of AN, all four member camped and we made it to round 49. (one member trading in SVU for mark 2 at 45). Took forever, but it was a ton of fun.

Yeah I can see why that would work mate, it's a better camping spot anyway, and the SVU is ridiculous.  Pure camping, or part kiting?