Holding 3 Ultimate Staffs at Once

yourmapper

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

1: It was intended and it's just been found out.

2: It wasn't and it's just recently been found out

3: If it's 1 or 2, patch it so that it can't be done

4: In fact, absolutely no current reason exists as to why you can't patch any of the existing zombie maps with wall glitches and so forth, you will know them, you know the community hate them - show some love and patch them all.

It does not matter whether you can hold one or four, the only staffs useful in later rounds is the ice and wind anyway, and the only real useful strategy is to train in the crazy place, where all the staffs are at hand.

Still... in-game trolls will have a field day. Also, I really do hate that GlitchingQueen. God damn her... to hell!

Sad. Please patch. This is going to ruin Solo leaderboards (despite the hackers already having done so). This was never intended to be possible as it's basically game-breaking.

I realize that if Treyarch is never going to patch this, then everyone may as well do it to level the playing field, but please, please please fix this. Origins was not meant to be that easy. We were given the choice between the really good options that these staffs have to offer, but you were never intended to be able to have more than one. It was the balancing thing about it. With this there is no balance and it's retarded.

I feel like we need to start hitting up Treyarch's twitter with petitions to have this fixed. Some of the other glitches are stupid but this one is incredibly huge and deserves more attention than any glitch I've seen in Zombies to this point.

It does not matter whether you can hold one or four, the only staffs useful in later rounds is the ice and wind anyway, and the only real useful strategy is to train in the crazy place, where all the staffs are at hand.

Still... in-game trolls will have a field day. Also, I really do hate that GlitchingQueen. God damn her... to hell!

You're actually not right about that one, DBZ. The best strategy for high rounds is either training behind the tank station or by Gen 4 - the tank station has faster spawns which allows for an extra 6 or so zombies killed with each train you kill (using Ice Staff of course), and Gen 4 has the advantage of easy access to Odin's feet which is the best way to kill zombies once you reach that point in the game where your staffs don't hold enough ammo to get through each round. Each of the two best staffs has its strength - Ice, for the best charged effect for killing your trains because of its spawn trapping potential with the most ammo and Wind for killing the train instantly, which allows you to get out of a jam without too much of a worry. With the way the map was made to be played you can only have one - so there is a drawback either way. Ice doesn't kill them fast enough to save you sometimes, while Wind lacks the ammo to grind through the rounds. Having both on your person at the same time would allow you to fill the ammos simultaneously which is a game-changer. You just got the ability to go past round 100 without having to worry about your ammo in the least bit where you would have been struggling at round 78 or so and having to swap staffs back and forth and catch Max Ammos are smartly as you could to get from round to round. On top of that you can now run with the Wind Staff in your hand so you can get out of a jam while having the Ice Staff to swap to so you can kill your trains better and with MUCH more ammo.

To anyone but experienced players this doesn't seem like much, but to me this is gamebreaking in the extreme. On top of all this, you will no longer need the Mauser - instead you'll carry the Fire Staff to kill the Panzer instantly without any worry at all!

This is incredibly overpowered, even more than having both versions of the Ray Gun at once. This is like having the Thundergun, the Wave Gun and the Scavenger at the same time! This MUST be patched or competitive, high rounds Origins is done for in every way.

Wow. Great point Dahniska.

One of the hardest maps for High Round World Records & to have a glitch where you can carry 3 Staffs, collect a Max Ammo & it refills all 3 weapons.

This must be one of the most disappointing glitches in Zombies History for legitimate high round players.

You're actually not right about that one, DBZ. The best strategy for high rounds is either training behind the tank station or by Gen 4 - the tank station has faster spawns which allows for an extra 6 or so zombies killed with each train you kill (using Ice Staff of course), and Gen 4 has the advantage of easy access to Odin's feet which is the best way to kill zombies once you reach that point in the game where your staffs don't hold enough ammo to get through each round.

Well, I get what you are saying, but I still know the fastest strategy to get to 80 on the whole map using only the Ice Staff, which is to actually camp at the semtex in-between Gen 1 & 3, with both doors closed for extra fast spawn in's, then I will swap out to the wind from 80 onwards. Less than 2 minute rounds all through the 60-70's.

Fire Staff will cause the game to freeze up 90% of the time after 50, and lightning is useless from 35 onwards.

Basically, the only advantage to this is that you can hold the wind and ice at the same time, and unskilled players will not be able to train in tough spots like gen 4 or under the church, so they will opt for the safety of the crazy place, where there is actually NO advantage, as the staff holders are all there anyway, so like I said... they are at hand anyway.

I get that it will help "good" players make it from 80-100+ easily enough, but I would hardly consider it game breaking when only 2 staffs actually work beyond round 70. The worst thing about it will no doubt be the in-game trolls who try to grab as many as they can.

I won't ever be doing myself personally unless it becomes common practice throughout the community. People consider the hacker spitting trick on Moon to be a glitch, but everyone does it, and Treyarch never patched it on their final BO1 title update despite it being very well known.

i understand the concern for "world record" players with those kinds of aspirations, but for the little guys like me this could be a way to have a little more fun with it before my certain demise.   The fact that this is really only gamebreaking to maybe .01% of zombies players makes me really doubt this would get fixed.  I mean if you think about it, what percent of games of origins overall do you think even get all 4 staffs built, much less upgraded? 25% maybe?   

Anyway this is far less important of a glitch than the ones which involve getting into a spot where the zombies can't hurt you

The game cheats, so cheat back...

<3 Glitching Queen.

I do understand that some of you fear this will hurt legitimate rounds, but the cheating is catchable in theater, leaderboards are hacked, the game is a glitchy mess, and by my best number crunching, less than 3% of zombie players make it past round 30 on Origins.

So, i think this will make more happy players than unhappy players.

I would not do this for my high round runs, but I'll try this for solo fun.

Happy Glitching!

To Treyarch, remember that your terrible programming led to the plethora of gun glitches which, in turn, made waw zombies. This game would not be here without glitches. Just a reminder.

You guys love to fix fun glitches while leaving game breaking ones intact, so look to the bigger issues than this first...for a change for the better.

You're actually not right about that one, DBZ. The best strategy for high rounds is either training behind the tank station or by Gen 4 - the tank station has faster spawns which allows for an extra 6 or so zombies killed with each train you kill (using Ice Staff of course), and Gen 4 has the advantage of easy access to Odin's feet which is the best way to kill zombies once you reach that point in the game where your staffs don't hold enough ammo to get through each round. Each of the two best staffs has its strength - Ice, for the best charged effect for killing your trains because of its spawn trapping potential with the most ammo and Wind for killing the train instantly, which allows you to get out of a jam without too much of a worry. With the way the map was made to be played you can only have one - so there is a drawback either way. Ice doesn't kill them fast enough to save you sometimes, while Wind lacks the ammo to grind through the rounds. Having both on your person at the same time would allow you to fill the ammos simultaneously which is a game-changer. You just got the ability to go past round 100 without having to worry about your ammo in the least bit where you would have been struggling at round 78 or so and having to swap staffs back and forth and catch Max Ammos are smartly as you could to get from round to round. On top of that you can now run with the Wind Staff in your hand so you can get out of a jam while having the Ice Staff to swap to so you can kill your trains better and with MUCH more ammo.

To anyone but experienced players this doesn't seem like much, but to me this is gamebreaking in the extreme. On top of all this, you will no longer need the Mauser - instead you'll carry the Fire Staff to kill the Panzer instantly without any worry at all!

This is incredibly overpowered, even more than having both versions of the Ray Gun at once. This is like having the Thundergun, the Wave Gun and the Scavenger at the same time! This MUST be patched or competitive, high rounds Origins is done for in every way.

Exactly. The 1st person to do this glitch to 100+ will screw everyone else over, including both me (116)and you (108) who actually did it legit. By the way, did you run tank station too?

Exactly. The 1st person to do this glitch to 100+ will screw everyone else over, including both me (116)and you (108) who actually did it legit. By the way, did you run tank station too?

Yep. I'm gonna have to redo it with both staffs or just be the most godly player ever so I can do it legit to pass my old record. And yes, I use the tank station area pre-80 and then some.

The actual fastest place to camp in Origins is behind the tank station as well. Got through Round 90 once camping there and took about 2 minutes or so.

This glitch really only hurts good players. Now, there's an issue with every black ops 2 map to hurt the good players: Jet Gun ruined, Sliq ruined, Afterlife makes Mob too forgiving, Buried is baby-level easy and now Origins has this glitch. Shameful really.

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but then again I never really cared for leaderboards. I can see how the people who worked hard to get their levels would have a problem with it though. It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal because of how easily you can get all three staffs without this glitch (meaning having them down there in the crazy place after the EE is completed) unless you use tank station like the ones above. But that's just me though, honestly seems fun to try out (I do 90% of my games in custom games anyways so won't affect the leaderboards anyways)

Also, once downed, you can simply go get them again from tcp, even if you have to lug them back over, one at a time.

I wonder: you go down, lose the mk staff, and the other two are in limbo. I wonder of someone can grab one from the dig site, thereby duping the staves.

I doubt it, and couldn't check solo...but it might work like the old 'dupe the flamethrower' trick from waw.

This was a great find. With all of these glitches that ruin the game, it's nice to have one that improves it.

The down side is having to constantly get the 'charged staff didn't fire' glitch, that was rampant while running 3 staves and was the reason that i died.

Any bets that Trollarch would patch the 3 staves, yet leave the 'no shot fired' charged staff glitch untouched?

That would be typical...

• 2 weeks later...

I was toying with this last night, and i noticed that you stab quite fast with no guns (i was trying to come up with no gun strategy). I didn't have the bro fists, but this made me wonder about other maps, with the bk or Galvaknuckles.

I wonder if you could do some type of speed punch/stab rounds.

Just a fun thing, as it wouldn't get you far and you'd spend 5k on an unused pap.

Might be worth a laugh. I mean today of all days: get in a lobby and run around with no gun, stabbing away.

Someone here has the cajones to do that and what better day than April 1st?

• 1 month later...