new zombie DLC

now that we think or they say that they will release the next black ops game in 2015 should they release more DLC with just zombie maps for black ops II and if should how much should the map packs cost on Xbox and Playstation and what should the DLC include or do you think they should just leave it and release new maps with the next game

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure there will be no more DLC releases for BO2 for 2 reasons

1) it would take attention away from the current COD games such as Ghosts and whatever Sledgehammer bring out

2) 3arc will be putting all there effort into the production of there next game

and even if there was more DLC released it wouldn't be zombies only, as the multilayer community is too large to be ignored in a DLC release a this point.Maybe a small update such as wunderfizz in all maps would have been nice but after so long I would doubt even that.

Also, as TEX mentioned, it is important to take care with how you present you posts. One solid sentence with no punctuation is not only hard to read but may put people off you post and putting in your own ideas can give people a starting point for discussion rather that just asking a question

Would have been awesome with them having more time, but have a feeling that wasn't the plan. Plus I feel more time will be needed for the next gen zombies. Do I want more BO2 content? Yes, but not at the expense of the next game not being 100%. Right now I have no reason for a next gen system so really looking for zombies to welcome me to that.

• 3 months later...

I'm all for this idea.....  I've been wishing for this to happen for a long time now..... Especially since they have been releasing all of these weapon customization packs!

I personally think TREYARCH should release some free zombie maps for all of us loyal customers who have been buying DLC for zombies since 2009! But I know that will never happen!!

I think if they released a ZOMBIES pack with like 4 to 5 maps I would probably pay $15.....  If the maps were good that is... On the other hand if the maps were anything like DIE RISE, MOB OF THE DEAD, BURRIED or ORIGINS then I definitely would not buy whatsoever! They would have to release REAL zombies maps with the WAW/BO1 formula to get my attention.....

Please TREYARCH, leave the MAGICAL STAFFS in The Elder Scrolls.... STOP RUINING ZOMBIES

My OPINION

Edited by CBR_600_RR

Look, once advanced warfare launches it's first DLC that's trayarch's official start time! That's when their main focus becomes COD 2015 (IDK what number it is… Damn… Let's see…BO2 was 9…Ghosts is 10…) Cod 12 yeah… 

Once that first map pack is released trayarch isn't going to have time to build another BS DLC of old map packs. Honestly If anyone TRUELY needs to play old zombie maps they should just get BO1… 

Also, as for your formula you must understand that the population today expects more things to do then 10 electric traps and a power switch for the O4 perks only. It needs a LOT of new features: Buildables, new perks, new gimics, mechanisms, wonder weapons, and things to keep us PLENTY occupied until the next DLC, and if that means elemental staffs, which BTW are actually very cool and have helped us understand 115 even more-so then before, then so be it… This overworked trayarch with the old engine, hopefully the next engine will work easier for them. 

Look, once advanced warfare launches it's first DLC that's trayarch's official start time! That's when their main focus becomes COD 2015 (IDK what number it is… Damn… Let's see…BO2 was 9…Ghosts is 10…) Cod 12 yeah… 

Once that first map pack is released trayarch isn't going to have time to build another BS DLC of old map packs. Honestly If anyone TRUELY needs to play old zombie maps they should just get BO1… 

Also, as for your formula you must understand that the population today expects more things to do then 10 electric traps and a power switch for the O4 perks only. It needs a LOT of new features: Buildables, new perks, new gimics, mechanisms, wonder weapons, and things to keep us PLENTY occupied until the next DLC, and if that means elemental staffs, which BTW are actually very cool and have helped us understand 115 even more-so then before, then so be it… This overworked trayarch with the old engine, hopefully the next engine will work easier for them. 

You said:  Also, as for your formula you must understand that the population today expects more things to do

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I replied: Yeah 7 to 12 year olds! That's who the BO2 zombie maps are catered for....

Edited by CBR_600_RR

Not true, much of the zombie community praised the idea of buildables, the bus, and LOTS of features in BO2. 

Also, compair nact to Mob of the dead. Which one, honestly, is more entertaining to play? Three rooms, maybe one perk, a mystery box and that's it. Or an extensive map filled with mystery, traps, demonic skulls, planes, electric chairs, perks, giant guard zombies. 

Not true, much of the zombie community praised the idea of buildables, the bus, and LOTS of features in BO2. 

Also, compair nact to Mob of the dead. Which one, honestly, is more entertaining to play? Three rooms, maybe one perk, a mystery box and that's it. Or an extensive map filled with mystery, traps, demonic skulls, planes, electric chairs, perks, giant guard zombies. 

If you look through my posts you can clearly see that I never complained about buildables or the bus....  I said I LIKED transit so I don't really get your point on that one......

And in my opinion if you added JUG to NACHT it would be 100,000 times better than mob of the dead........    I mean NACHT is a better map right now without jug....

MOB OF THE DEAD just plain out sucks! That's why a lot of old school zombie players like myself don't play BO2 zombies...

Because every map besides transit and nuketown absolutely blew.....  I know a lot of people that say the same thing and on the other hand I know a lot of people who hated transit and said it was garbage and they just avoid BO2 zombies all together...

BO2 zombies is not zombies, it's turned into something else!

Edited by CBR_600_RR

It is zombies, but you must understand. While nact was a great map, trayarch can't just sell off maps like it used to. Some hook is needed to capture the audience. Story is needed (not in BO2), epic new things are needed, new perks, and all sorts of things.

Also, you know very well MOTD does not suck. It's a clever and fun addition to the zombies franchise. Purhaps it and buried were a bit easy, but who cares? Most of this site will agree that MOTD, or any BO2 map is an innovation, it's fun and new.

It's like marriage, if you don't do something new and exciting now and again your whole relationship sinks into the ground and falls apart.  

Oh you didn't know? Put your disc in upside down and there is a secret map burned on the cover of the game :rolleyes:

I would love nothing more than some filler maps, don't even have to be heavily story based, maybe just some unfortunates that don't make it during BO2 quest through the spires.

Now we know that wont happen though, it's not like they aren't probably working on BO3 right now, dividing a team like that would only produce mediocre dlc maps, and half arsed next installment.

If anything, get yourself a lower end PC and enjoy the hundreds of player made maps, I hear they're great.

Another thing to mention, too much DLC can certainly be a bad thing, most people will agree that having something all the time will wear out the want to play. Borderlands 2 is a perfect example, they released DLC that declined in fun factor after every release, and they released all the DLC up unto the point of revealing Borderlands 3. As great as Borderlands is, they killed me on the DLC and was less than excited to see BL3 trailer, and will probably wait until it's a greatest hits before I grab it.

Oh you didn't know? Put your disc in upside down and there is a secret map burned on the cover of the game :rolleyes:

I would love nothing more than some filler maps, don't even have to be heavily story based, maybe just some unfortunates that don't make it during BO2 quest through the spires.

Now we know that wont happen though, it's not like they aren't probably working on BO3 right now, dividing a team like that would only produce mediocre dlc maps, and half arsed next installment.

If anything, get yourself a lower end PC and enjoy the hundreds of player made maps, I hear they're great.

Another thing to mention, too much DLC can certainly be a bad thing, most people will agree that having something all the time will wear out the want to play. Borderlands 2 is a perfect example, they released DLC that declined in fun factor after every release, and they released all the DLC up unto the point of revealing Borderlands 3. As great as Borderlands is, they killed me on the DLC and was less than excited to see BL3 trailer, and will probably wait until it's a greatest hits before I grab it.

Too much DLC can be a bad thing,but here's how I wished BO2 dlc was spread: 

-Disc

-Micro transaction nuketown survival

-DLC 1

-DLC 2

-DLC 3

-DLC 4

-DLC 5: No new maps just game mode maps. 

Edited by Stop mocking me0

Same game modes or new?

It would be a wise decision to make more modes, for people like me that just enjoy the cooperation of zombies. I've never liked the other modes for that reason, too competitive, also exploitable.

I really wish there were randomized goals per round, for a set number of rounds sort of in the way of Ghosts side game. Getting off topic but still a good idea, no more maps for now, just small content to pump some new life into the game, I'd probably just buy it because it was new, even if it were more competitive modes.

It is zombies, but you must understand. While nact was a great map, trayarch can't just sell off maps like it used to. Some hook is needed to capture the audience. Story is needed (not in BO2), epic new things are needed, new perks, and all sorts of things.

Also, you know very well MOTD does not suck. It's a clever and fun addition to the zombies franchise. Purhaps it and buried were a bit easy, but who cares? Most of this site will agree that MOTD, or any BO2 map is an innovation, it's fun and new.

It's like marriage, if you don't do something new and exciting now and again your whole relationship sinks into the ground and falls apart.  

MOB OF THE DEAD BLOWS!!!! PERIOD!!!  It is absolutely terrible standing up against any WAW or BO1 map..... Hell you know what, DEAD OPS ARCADE was a better map! End of story, it's just not zombies anymore.....   

Opinion

Edited by CBR_600_RR

Same game modes or new?

It would be a wise decision to make more modes, for people like me that just enjoy the cooperation of zombies. I've never liked the other modes for that reason, too competitive, also exploitable.

I really wish there were randomized goals per round, for a set number of rounds sort of in the way of Ghosts side game. Getting off topic but still a good idea, no more maps for now, just small content to pump some new life into the game, I'd probably just buy it because it was new, even if it were more competitive modes.

Well survival mode is in there too. 

Well I guess I can't change your mind, but what I can say is that your thought process is likely not the same as the majority of codz.

Edited by Stop mocking me0