Blacks ops or Black ops II

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

For me, Black Ops was far superior in Zombies. The maps were very creative, simple, challenging, and charming. While Black Ops II introduced several new mechanics to the table - buildables, unique modes of transportation, stats, objectives, setting the ambiance - it lacked in map design until Alcatraz Island rolled in.

I'm pretty sure that Treyarch will create another "Black Ops" title rather than a standalone. The community would kill one another if we didn't get another. Once you over-saturate Zombies as its own game, however, there's no going back.

I definitely had more fun with BO 1 than I did with the sequel.

I do think however that BO2's DLC maps are slightly better than BO1's.

There's no denying that BO 2 offers a lot more variety to the player, although with mixed results in the end.

I agree with mneilan, they really need to re-invent the mode next time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm torn in theory as they both had features that i like.

But in the long run, i play waw and bo2 zombies. Bo1 game glitches were too game-ending, too often, moreso even than bo2. And the wall guns ruined bo1. The mpl and mp5 needed double ammo or to be replaced with a proper wall gun. Simply replacing one or the other with the mp40 could have saved the replay value of bo1.

The knife/sickle doing zero damage constantly, plus the 'stab your teammate to death when they revive you' glitches really needed to be patched, not ignored.

Not listing favorites:

Bo1, like all but moon.

Waw, bo2, all are okay.

While BO1 had better zombies maps period with a much better story, black ops 2 maps sheer size is also intimidating. It looses it's appeal once your in and re-discover the maps ratio of useful area is equivalent to that of BO1, but before yeah, it feels more entertaining. Also while BO1 was simple: kill and do easter eggs, BO2 had many more goals: Build this crap, open this stuff, lol you need afterlife for this, error: no generator, HOLYSHIZ it's a big guy! This doesn't mean it's better just that there's more… 

BO1: All maps are fantastic

WAW: Love them

Bo2: Like them all with the exception of tranzit. 

I think that Black Ops maps were mostly the same in the way that they played, and to be honest, having the same weapons map after map (except WWs)... eh.

Black Ops 2 DLC really made some nice improvements and I liked the way that each map brought several new things to the plate. Also the leaderboards/ranking system was really nice.

The main advantage of Black Ops is that it has WAW maps as well.

Personally I like Black Ops 2 more but I really was a late comer to the Zombies experience, only getting Black Ops a few months before its sequel was out. People who have been playing longer tend to like Black Ops more I noticed. I guess people like the stuff that gives the nostalgia. :)

My favorite maps are:
1. Origins
2. TranZit
3. ...don't know for sure to be honest. Maybe Call of the Dead.

• 4 months later...

Hands down Black Ops 1 is a better game overall.... ZOMBIES and MULTIPLAYER wise....
BLACK OPS 1 zombie maps= AWESOMENESS!!!!
BLACK OPS 2 zombie maps= HORRIBLENESS!!! excluding TRANzit & NUKETOWN because those were decent maps..
However DIE RISE, MOB OF THE DEAD, BURRIED & ORIGINS were absolutely terrible in my opinion.... horrible!!

BLACK OPS 1 multiplayer= AWESOMENESS!!!! excluding GHOST & SECOND CHANCE... B*TcH perks
BLACK OPS 2 multiplayer= HORIBBLENESS!!!!
what must I say.....
things that broke BO2 multiplayer: My opinion
- BS no skill snipers overpowered as F%%k... quickscoping needs to be takin out of the game!
- Target finder
- Skill based matchmaking
- Overpowered shotguns
- Overpowered pistols
- Lightwieght= camera angle mindSCREW pro
- Toughness you have to run or be at a serious disadvantage

There are more things but that's it off the top of my head

Edited by CBR_600_RR

I disagree with that. Black ops 1 MP was clunky and somewhat uninteresting. 

Also, you are describing most weapons as OP, but to have OP shotguns, OP pistols, and OP snipers, that's everything being OP… Which means they're about even. 

I really liked the DLC maps too. ESPECIALLY uprising, encore was my favorite. 

I love Black ops 1 zombies and Black Ops 2 zombies. Zombies wise- I like BO2 the most. I love the complex maps. However I still enjoy going back to old school maps just for the simplicity.

They should make another full game (like another black ops) that includes zombies. I would love to see a standalone zombies game, but it would spoil us. Which would be bad.

Favorite map from BO1-Kino

Favorite map from BO2- MotD

And I completely agree that quickscopers need to be banished from multiplayer. It seriously takes the fun and realism out of the gameplay.

I actually prefer BO1 multiplayer more simply because the maps felt more realistic to play in. Best maps ever- Cracked and Radiation

Also, you are describing most weapons as OP, but to have OP shotguns, OP pistols, and OP snipers, that's everything being OP… Which means they're about even. 

Actually you are wrong bro, they are not even!!!

Snipers are the most BS  OP weapons in BO2! Snipers BROKE BO2 with their little tac inserts. All these nerds running around with their "panic LEFT TRIGGER RIGHT TRIGGER" AUTO AIM QUCKSCOPE / BLACKSCOPE BULLCRAP....   Snipers are broken in BO2   PERIOD! Snipers outgun SMG's at close range in BO2,,,,,   now how does that make sense?  Following are the BS shotguns like the "REDD SCREEN GUN" otherwise known as the Remington, meaning I can empty an entire clip into someone only for them to sponge all my bullets, cancel them out and in one short ass animation "BAyMM" i'm done and when I watch the kill cam their screen is completely REDD but somehow they lived even though I shot 1st....  Yeah, that's the Remington shotgun for you!! fuKin BS! take it out the game!! Then you have the BS "NO RECOIL LMG's"  extremely OP! Slap a Target Finder on that LMG and you get some kind of a built in heath boost, at least it seems that way...  And the Pistols, if you can snipe someone across the map with a pistol you have a problem, I'm sorry but they are waaaaayyyy OP!    you want to see a balanced pistol? Go play Battlefield 4 and you'll find plenty!

On the other hand you have the assault rifles and the smg's which were both severely UNDERPOWERED everything else in the game outclassed these 2 weapon types....  so no, you are wrong! They are not even,,,,,  they are far far far far from even!!

Edited by CBR_600_RR

I love Black ops 1 zombies and Black Ops 2 zombies. Zombies wise- I like BO2 the most. I love the complex maps. However I still enjoy going back to old school maps just for the simplicity.

They should make another full game (like another black ops) that includes zombies. I would love to see a standalone zombies game, but it would spoil us. Which would be bad.

Favorite map from BO1-Kino

Favorite map from BO2- MotD

And I completely agree that quickscopers need to be banished from multiplayer. It seriously takes the fun and realism out of the gameplay.

I actually prefer BO1 multiplayer more simply because the maps felt more realistic to play in. Best maps ever- Cracked and Radiation

Want realism?  Play hardcore multiplayer

Me and my friends have played exclusively hardcore since at least MW2, and it levels the playing field.  Dont have to worry about OP weapons because everything is OP (just like real life lol) 

Zombies wise, I think BO1 gets the slight edge, although I LOVE the stats tracking in BO2. If BO1 had that, it would win in a landslide.

MP I give the slight edge to BO2.  The pick 10 system was a game changer and perfect imo.  As well as the earning weapon camos, rather than purchasing with cod $ or whatever.    And BO1 had nuketown which has ever since been a scourge to COD

Snipers are the most BS  OP weapons in BO2! Snipers BROKE BO2 with their little tac inserts. All these nerds running around with their "panic LEFT TRIGGER RIGHT TRIGGER" AUTO AIM QUCKSCOPE / BLACKSCOPE BULLCRAP....   Snipers are broken in BO2   PERIOD! Snipers outgun SMG's at close range in BO2,,,,,   now how does that make sense?  Following are the BS shotguns like the "RED SCREEN GUN" otherwise known as the Remington, meaning I can empty an entire clip into someone only for them to sponge all my bullets, cancel them out and in one short ass animation "BLOOP" i'm done and when I watch the kill cam their screen is completely RED but somehow they lived even though I shot 1st....  Yeah, that's the Remington shotgun for you!! fuKin BS! take it out the game!! Then you have the BS "NO RECOIL LMG's"  extremely OP! Slap a Target Finder on that LMG and you get some kind of a built in heath boost, at least it seems that way...  And the Pistols, if you can snipe someone across the map with a pistol you have a problem, I'm sorry but they are waaaaayyyy OP!    you want to see a balanced pistol? Go play Battlefield 4 and you'll find plenty!

On the other hand you have the assault rifles and the smg's which were both severely UNDERPOWERED everything else in the game outclassed these 2 weapon types....  so no, you are wrong! They are not even,,,,,  they are far far far far from even!!

Play Hardcore.   The solution is so simple.  No more emptying a whole smg clip into someone and them not dying. 2 bullets maximum

Snipers are the most BS  OP weapons in BO2! Snipers BROKE BO2 with their little tac inserts. All these nerds running around with their "panic LEFT TRIGGER RIGHT TRIGGER" AUTO AIM QUCKSCOPE / BLACKSCOPE BULLCRAP....   Snipers are broken in BO2   PERIOD! Snipers outgun SMG's at close range in BO2,,,,,   now how does that make sense?  Following are the BS shotguns like the "REDD SCREEN GUN" otherwise known as the Remington, meaning I can empty an entire clip into someone only for them to sponge all my bullets, cancel them out and in one short ass animation "BAyMM" i'm done and when I watch the kill cam their screen is completely REDD but somehow they lived even though I shot 1st....  Yeah, that's the Remington shotgun for you!! fuKin BS! take it out the game!! Then you have the BS "NO RECOIL LMG's"  extremely OP! Slap a Target Finder on that LMG and you get some kind of a built in heath boost, at least it seems that way...  And the Pistols, if you can snipe someone across the map with a pistol you have a problem, I'm sorry but they are waaaaayyyy OP!    you want to see a balanced pistol? Go play Battlefield 4 and you'll find plenty!

Play Hardcore.   The solution is so simple.  No more emptying a whole smg clip into someone and them not dying. 2 bullets maximum

Thanks for the advice but I graduated over to BATTLEFIELD along time ago! I gave up on COD multiplayer a long time ago and will never go back...MW3 put probably the worst taste in my mouth ever....   MW3 was absolutely disgusting! BO2 was COD's last chance for me....   now granted BO2 was better than MW3; it was still a bad game OVERALL in my opinion just because of the game breaking BS that they just turned a blind eye to and never fixed!!....  The SNIPERS literally broke BO2 multiplayer for me... It was un playable!! I mean these snipers don't even have to have the cross hairs on you and they'll still get the kill... The hit boxes for the snipers  in BO2 were and still are today utterly atrocious!! Compare BO2 no skill sniping to REAL sniping in BATTLEFIELD 4! BF4 sniping actually takes skill and if they want a 1 hit kill they have to be accurate and get a head shot...   there is none of this quickscoping sh*t   And this all coming from an X- treyarch fanboy   BO1 was my favorite COD of all time!

The only COD i'll ever buy again will be a TREYARCH game and that's just for zombies.... Granted the zombie maps are nothing like DIE RISE, MOB OF THE DEAD, BURRIED or ORIGINS....

Edited by CBR_600_RR

Definitely Black Ops 1 for me.

I don't hate BO2, but I found the maps to be very uninspiring for the most part. Tranzit is a good map in terms of it's layout but the features and content destroyed it completely. Die Rise went back to a similar style as the BO1 maps but for me the layout let it down really badly. MotD recovered the series well but it went right back downhill again with the terrible Buried. Map had no balance to it whatsoever and felt like the zombie team had just given up and decided to throw everything into it without real thought. Origins is very fun on solo but horrible to play on co-op due to the constant issues that arise.

BO1 is not completely bug-free itself but the maps certainly had a lot more balance to them and were a lot more fun to play in my opinion. I would much rather play BO1 during this extended off-season that continue to play BO2.

Black Ops II

I like both, but looking back at BO1, most of the maps feel like Der Riese reskins. With BO2 there was uniqueness to all elements. Map layout, wall weapons, box weapons. I loved it. Story was meh, so BO1 wins there. But I prefer the N4 over the O4 so I hope they return.

MP wise, BO2. I love the Pick 10 system and I like the weapons. The maps are so and so though, too many CQC and reskinned maps. BO1 had some memorable maps.

Campaign wise, BO1. I just could not get into David Mason, and Hudson would never be a mole (it's never even properly explained). I did like the choices and being able to pick your weapons and equipment.

BO1 had very memorable levels and a memorable (and my favourite) storyline. The Reznov twist was sad and excellent.

I have not played BO1 MP extensively so I can't tell you if it's better or worse than its successor's, but I will put out my opinion on BO2 MP. 

It's amazing. 

Pick 10 is really good. There is a really good variety of weapons, perks and equipment and the vast majority of them are viable weapons. There are a few that stand out as kind of overpowered (M8A1, AN-94, MSMC, etc) and a few that are sub-par (Executioner) but overall, most weapons will serve you well and there is a situation or map that you can put almost any weapon to good use in. 

I will say that you pretty much have to have Flak Jacket thanks to C4 spammage and that Toughness is vital to almost all classes that aren't focused on shotguns but there is a nice variety of perks available. Also, the sniping is way overpowered and very annoying in casual games but if you're a serious player you'll soon realize that snipers are like flies or bees - they're really annoying but nothing that regular guns can't take out. 

What I love about the game is that you can use almost any weapon you like and have a chance of winning. You don't have to pick from 5 weapons - you can use a shotty, a sniper, a pistol, an AR, whatever you want and if you play well, you can win. I love that. I have friends who played older CoD titles who whine that there are weapons that are viable that aren't Assault Rifles - too bad. It's bad game design in the first place to have all weapon types but one or two suck. If you can't move on from that and appreciate the effort taken to make Black Ops 2 MP fun for players of all playstyles, you're delusional and blind.

Can I also say that I love the League Play feature? And that I love getting my Lodestar, among other fun and awesome Scorestreaks? 

Black Ops 2 MP was amazing. If you can't move on from whatever shooter game you first played where only a handful of weapons were remotely usable, the loss is yours!

On to Zombies now. Black Ops 1 has the edge in the number of maps for sure. They are mostly pretty similar and share a nice simplicity. The story in them is kind of interesting, but at this point in time, I think the main reason to play one game or another is, simply put, to play it. You can read up on everything from the story in the game here on CoDZ. That said, few people seem to play Black Ops Zombies in public matches online so if you want people to play with, you may need to find some friends. Black Ops 2 Zombies is still pretty active online so that's one advantage it has right now. 

The maps are more complex and diverse in setting and gameplay in Black Ops 2, though there are fewer of them. The main thing this comes down to I think is whatever game you played more of initially when you started to play Zombies a lot. Whichever game won you over to the Zombies fanbase is going to be your go-to game. If you're starting out I suggest Black Ops 2 right now cause it's easier to find matches with people online on it. 

Matuzz wrote:

Black Ops.

There is something repulsive about BO II zombies that they literally killed the whole zombies for me to the point of not caring about them. I have not played zombies for almost a year.

AGREED my friend...  AGREED!    You should hop on some BLOPS 1 zombies man!! All the fun is still there.... plenty of people online too. You now have all these nerds hiding like twats in GLITCHES treyarch has refused to fix on certain maps but it's still a superior zombies experience than anything BO2 can offer!!

Edited by CBR_600_RR

AGREED my friend...  AGREED!    You should hop on some BLOPS 1 zombies man!! All the fun is still there.... plenty of people online too. You now have all these nerds hiding like twats in GLITCHES treyarch has refused to fix on certain maps but it's still a superior zombies experience than anything BO2 can offer!!

Not sure what system you play on, but on Xbox there is barely anyone still playing. Roughly around 150-200 people per map with the exception of Kino which has around 1500-2000.

Regarding the "nerds glitching", that is one of the most off putting things about playing public nowadays on BO1 (and BO2). Why would you want to play with a bunch of glitching idiots!?