worst map ever

mneilan

this map is the worst as i believe the giant robots just ruin the game and the turn the generators on has no excitement. the boss is just rubbish as if you are too close or close to him he will pull you towards him and you will be downed. the zombies are far too hard and there is too many off them. the quick sand/ mud is so bad all it does is slow you down. the tank is a good thing but it is slow and the zombies easily overrun you there is no real place to train  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having much luck with this one, huh?

It certainly is a bit more challenge than some of these other super easy maps.

It is a bit rough to acclimate to at first, but once you overcome that it will be rewarding.

Try this easier method: get jugger, open the center dig site for the gramophone. Open g5 for the yellow record. Set up the gramophone at the bottom of the wind tunnel (g4). Go down to the crazy place. Don't grab a crystal, just train them down there without the walls falling. You'll hit 40 easy and that will help build your confidence.

Good luck and happy gaming!

the tank is a good thing

Lies!

On a serious note... I don't like Origins on co-op, but it is my favorite map to play on solo out of ANY of the zombie maps released to date. It is the most satisfying, and comfortable map to run solo on, with multiple strategies available that all seem to be suited primarily to solo play.

I understand your frustrations though. I too hated certain things on the map and like most people who struggled at first, I also blamed the giants, the panzers, the EE being too hard etc, but all you need to do is practice more and more. I can now finish the EE on solo by round 15-16 every time I play it.

Things like the boxes are easy if done early on. Try entering no mans land with one zombie left on round two and you can get the Jug, Excavation & Stamina boxes all filled with zombies to spare on round 7. Now you can keep one and get the lightning and wind staffs build and you are good to take on the panzer and fill the church box on round 8 going into 9. Punches and air strikes are then obtained by round 10.

It is easy the more you practice, but it takes time. Origins is easily one of the hardest maps to learn, and if you are willing to put the time in, you will over time consider it to be one of the best maps ever released.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said about some of the features within the map or the storyline that goes with it.

Man, how are you getting the rain fire step done solo?

I've seen videos, i do it perfectly...and the hole never opens. I land it right there, i do it as quick add in the videos...or did they change it now to be easier?

Sigh. This is one of the side quests that i enjoyed the most, but solo just keeps not letting me have my fun...

So, any good tips for that step or do i just have to suffer until i get it to work?

Raining fire has become so easy that I do it almost every time on the first try. What console are you on Beast? If you are on XBOX, Send me a friend request and watch my previous Origins matches to see how it is done.

Basically, I train a single zombie on the path beside the MP40, and when I see the robots coming, I check whether it is the robots left foot or right foot (I prefer the robots right foot where the soul chest is). Once inside it, I let the countdown get to one, then I say "zero" in my head afterwards and hit the button. I time it so that it is press the button exactly as the purge is about to start. This gives me the time to run RIGHT UP TO the fence (or boxes if done from the left foot) and it is just a quick lob over to it.

NEVER cook the grenade. You move slower and it will NOT work. Just run to the fence or the boxes and then lob it over. It always works man.

I feel your pain but its not a bad map. Its just really stupid hard. I remember thinking I just sucked after playing that map for a couple days. Then popped in tranzit and did a 28 and 1 down so it wasnt me. Couple things to always remember that makes this map playable.

You will have downs

Your shot %'s are not going to be good

And again its really hard

Best advice is play with a group that knows what they are doing, or play solo a bunch.

this map is the worst as i believe the giant robots just ruin the game and the turn the generators on has no excitement. the boss is just rubbish as if you are too close or close to him he will pull you towards him and you will be downed. the zombies are far too hard and there is too many off them. the quick sand/ mud is so bad all it does is slow you down. the tank is a good thing but it is slow and the zombies easily overrun you there is no real place to train

Edit: thanks DBZ.

I'll try to adress some of your complaints, help you through them.

Mud: only on the tank path and the edges of the robot footprints. Tank path is wide, just hop along past the zombies. It isn't uncommon for me to be hopping backwards, shooting as i go. The footprints only have mud that slows you around the edges, so when you get to one, jump to the middle hump, run a few feet, jump out of footprint to path.

Panzer Soldat (the boss with the claw and fire): it is easy to keep your distance from him to avoid the fire. The claw attack fires in a straight line and makes a certain noise, so just jump sideways as he fires at you to avoid it. If he gets you, shoot the red circle on his chest to be let go. Or just shoot his face/faceplate. If he downs you, unload on his face while down.

To kill him, shoot his faceplate, it explodes, exposing a lit-up face, shoot his face. The easiest is with any staff, by round 8 (when he comes) you should regularly have a staff or several built. Just keep your distance and carefully unload a few shots to his face, he goes down quick. He makes players panic, which is really his greatest weapon. Once you figure out how easy he is to take down, he won't have power over you any more.

If you have no staff, just keep outrunning him, shooting the zombies that are faster than he until you have an unobstructed view, fire at the face plate/face from a distance. Don't panic, don't fear the claw, just jump out of its way (always turn to fight him in a wide area, don't stop in a narrow trench).

Don't activate more than 3 generators until you really want to pap a gun. If 3 or less are active, the pesky zombies won't attack the generators. Turn on g1 for qr (solo), g4 for jugger, g6 for the staff part (should you want it).

The large robots shouldn't be a big deal. Sometimes it is trouble trying to get the wind staff parts solo. More needless tedium than challenge.

Early on, just train them around the center dig site, hop down the muddy tank path at each end until you develope your own paths.

Use the Mauser/stabs early, dig up guns for the early game. The points are too constrained to waste on the box.

Everyone plays different but this is my solo start: round 1 stab all but one zombie. Lead him way downstairs, run up, activate the g1, stab as many as you can until they stop giving you points or you let the generator activate (you can step off of the metal plate to keep it from finishing, be sure to be on it when it does finish or you lose 200 points-it costs 200 to activate, which you get back if you are on the metal plate when it finishes, plus you get 100 points for activating it). This opens the reward chest, in solo, this is x2. Kill last zombie.

Round 2, gather them up on the bottom room until the whole crowd is there. Run up to the chest, take x2, kill all zombies with shots, stabs (hopefully no bomb). You should have 4000+ points. Stabs give the most points, be sure to finish them that way, but firing through the crowd with x2 is a good idea.

Round 3, you probably have no ammo. Fix the upstairs windows. Wait as long as possible, open to g2. Try to run up and stab them 1 at a time, dig the dig spots (hopefully get ballista or dsr), grab the g2 stuff (blue record, tablet, shield part) and hit the digs (probably snowing, probably get ice staff piece).

Go through the work shop doors to no mans land. Activate g4, buy jugger. Get shield part (in the footstep behind jugger, or the next two footprints in line). If you still have 500+ buy qr if you feel you should now, or buy the start room door to g3, check the 2 spots for shield, build shield (at g4 wind tunnel or in the workshop, i use g4 tunnel).

Round 4: by the end, you should have 2000ish, if no snow, i tend to open the dig site for the gramophone. If snowing, I'll open the church to search for ice staff parts.

Round 5: here it can go many ways. If i opened the dig site and it still isn't snowing, I'll probably open g5 area, get yellow record, go to g4 wind tunnel, go to crazy place (gramophone on table at bottom of tunnel) and train down there for a couple of easy opint-building rounds, grab yellow crystal, come up before 8, get parts, build staff to fight PS boss zombie.

If the game kept snowing, i would most likely have the ice staff parts, then would concentrate on opening the dig site and building the ice staff (ice tunnel by g6, record by g2, gramophone from dig site) to fight the PS zombie.

I hope that this helps somewhat.

• Administrators

Sounds like you are used to a "babysitting" map. That being said, you probably dislike anything getting in the way of just you and the zombies (i.e. landscape, special enemies, objectives required to do simple tasks, etc). I feel your pain, but as stated clearly and perfectly before, Origins is just a challenging map. The difference between this one and several others is that you are required to avoid several obstacles and strategize your points accordingly to tackle each generator. 83457 did a beautiful job listing alternate methods and styles to make Origins easier.

Once you explore every single option, best believe that Origins will be cakewalk with some practice. I'm not saying that it's Buried-easy, but it becomes routine over time. 

Origins is one of the most challenging Zombie maps ever made if not the most challenging. To any beginner the challenge is rather daunting... there is a lot to Origins that you must learn and become comfortable with to be able to succeed in this map.

It's my favorite map though. I've played this map more than any other and I love it. I took more downs than ever in the first month this map came out and started asking myself "do I suck, or is this map just really gay?" and in the end I realized that the map was just a lot harder than the others in this game and that I just needed to get better. So I played it a lot and now I don't consider a game to have really begun until I hit Round 80. That's because I practiced. With effort, you'll become comfortable with Origins too I'm sure.

The other guys listed some tips that help them, so I'll add in some things that help me.

-First off you need to learn how to make and upgrade all staffs. At the end of the day if you're playing Solo you'll mostly just be using one or two of them but you should know how to make all. For the very best high round strategy you need to have all them made. With some practice you'll become pretty quick at getting this done. Then you'll find out which staff you prefer to use (in the end the Ice is the best - proven fact - and the Wind is second).

-You need to learn how to save points to buy everything. Unlike most of the maps in Black Ops 2 you cannot use the bank and there are a lot of things to pay for. It is imperative that you learn how to maximize your points so you can get set up early on while it's easier.

-Don't use the box to start up your game. This is huge. It's a waste of points half the time and the risk doesn't justify the potential reward. There are only two things that you should want from the box in a Solo game of Origins: monkey bombs and Ray Gun Mark 2. Thing is you don't need either of them as you can earn the Air Strikes (which are almost as good and function similarly) and upgrade your Mauser to do what you would use the Mark 2 for: killing the Panzer quickly. Hit the box after you've gotten your staffs and you've opened up the map. That way whether you get these items or not, your game continues without a hitch.

-Don't focus on the One Inch Punch. This reward is not good in Solo as the rounds and Zombies come too fast to justify bothering with these. You can use the upgraded staff melee or the Zombie shield to get the Air Strikes just as well.

-Get Jug ASAP. Can't stress this enough. The zombies in this map are off the charts gay about double-slapping you. Jug is a must.

-Use Stamin-Up. This perk is essential cause of the large map and the amount of mud. You won't regret it.

-Try to have a Zombie Shield at all times. It'll save your life so much it's unreal. As vital as Flak Jacket in Multiplayer.

-Before entering a robot footprint, look up. And pay attention to your character's quotes as they will drop lines to warn you of the robot's approach. The sirens and the vibrations on your controller provide additional aid in making sure you won't be surprised.

-Dig all you can. Getting the golden shovel and helmet is useful to do early on, and make use of the information that more dig spots respawn when it is raining. Free money and Zombie Blood along with the additional power-up turns out really useful, not to mention the occasional free gun.

-Avoid using the Tank. This thing will get you killed one way or another, unless you're getting the Lightning Staff pieces at the end of a round or trying to get a power-up reward from it, I would highly recommend to avoid it.

-Camp after you get set up for at least till Round 40. This is just my suggestion but I found that in this map, the zombie spawn points and speeds are pretty gay. Training is really hard and it's easier to just camp with the Ice Staff or a PaP'd weapon for the mid rounds (15-35/40).

These are just a few things that helped me. Hopefully you'll have success in becoming better at Origins and find it more enjoying.

I agree with Dahniska. NEVER hit the box on Origins if playing solo, or if needs be, hit it a maximum of 4 times. You can live with just the packed Mauser and the ice staff up until round 70-75, then you should consider the wind and ice combo to carry you up to 80+.

Hitting the box and moving it brings fire sales, and that is something you do NOT want on solo. You do not need anything from the box, so don't waste your time on it.

I agree with Dahniska. NEVER hit the box on Origins if playing solo, or if needs be, hit it a maximum of 4 times. You can live with just the packed Mauser and the ice staff up until round 70-75, then you should consider the wind and ice combo to carry you up to 80+.

Hitting the box and moving it brings fire sales, and that is something you do NOT want on solo. You do not need anything from the box, so don't waste your time on it.

Yeah it moves anytime after the 4th hit, so you can take 4 guaranteed each game with no risk of fire sales. Fire sales are terrible, horrible. You never want these in Origins as your weapons of choice are the staffs and these function independently of the box. Even in co-op this rule stays. The box guns are fun but in the end a waste of time. Like I said the Mark 2 and monkeys are nice to have but not worth fussing about as the alternatives work too.

Having a better chance of Max Ammo drops is worth so much more than Fire Sales, I can't even begin to express it. To be honest in a high round Solo game all you ever want are Max Ammos and maybe an Insta-Kill; Nukes are less than ideal as they make the zombies spawn weirdly which can cause problems. Double Points and Zombie Blood are worthless once you get set up. Definitely don't need yet another useless power-up.

• Tech Admin

I've got to say, my mates hate this map for the same reasons.

1. They are wrong
  2. Play it, understand it
  3. DON'T hit the box, solo or co-op, wall gun can do you fine (MP40 from tank station)
  4. Pandzer soldat is eaasy, let him chase you, turn, shoot, turn shoot - the red dot is on his craw (left side, right side when you face him) if he grabs you shoot it or even knife it.
  5. This is a fairly easy map, training spots exist in abundance (stamin up is a must on this map)
  6. Practice, get used to the map, get used to NOT hitting the box
  7. Get into a lobby when others also know what they are doing - pretty hard I know but it helps, if they start to hit the box you are most likely in for a tough game.

It still challenges me so a great map in my book. Once you get set up with perks and a staff it gets easy but getting there isnt always a walk in the park. I still think the only time a soldat is hard to handle is the first time he spawns. Its the only map I play right now.

I'm chiming in here that I love this map.  It's hard until you get the hang of it, then it's lots of fun because there's always something more you can do, and things tend to not go according to plan, which requires quick thinking. 

Something I have done for friends is play solo on a custom match, get all the staves and upgrade them by like 10, then have them join your game.  They avoid some of the tedious parts of the map (like waiting for the giant, or the ultimate challenges), and you can all have some fun together.  

Also, make sure you get Jug and 1 staff by round 7, and Stamin-up as your second perk.  Smooth as butter.

This map is awesome if you know how to play. Its actuallly a real easy map not as easy as buried haha but its pretty easy just look up a few vids on how to do this or that on the map and just practice. It took me like 2 days to get used to it. Theres tons of things to do on it. Which makes me not get bored of it. Now my highest round is 91 with 4 players. Not recommended for noobs at zombies.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Yeah it moves anytime after the 4th hit, so you can take 4 guaranteed each game with no risk of fire sales. Fire sales are terrible, horrible. You never want these in Origins as your weapons of choice are the staffs and these function independently of the box. Even in co-op this rule stays. The box guns are fun but in the end a waste of time. Like I said the Mark 2 and monkeys are nice to have but not worth fussing about as the alternatives work too.

Having a better chance of Max Ammo drops is worth so much more than Fire Sales, I can't even begin to express it. To be honest in a high round Solo game all you ever want are Max Ammos and maybe an Insta-Kill; Nukes are less than ideal as they make the zombies spawn weirdly which can cause problems. Double Points and Zombie Blood are worthless once you get set up. Definitely don't need yet another useless power-up.

Dahniska, where would you recommend camping at in mid rounds?  different for solo and co-op?

i'd like to find a couple good places for 4 player co-op camping, because my friends i play with really prefer camping zombies than training, and id love to get them to like this map, and a good camp spot might do that

Dahniska, where would you recommend camping at in mid rounds?  different for solo and co-op?

i'd like to find a couple good places for 4 player co-op camping, because my friends i play with really prefer camping zombies than training, and id love to get them to like this map, and a good camp spot might do that

Oooh, thanks for asking. xD

It really depends on how many players you have, what your endgame strategy is, and what weapons you're using. A lot of people love doing the full easter egg so they can sit in corners with the upgraded fist/knife. If you've got 4 people it might be worth considering trying that - a few good corners for sitting with the upgraded melee are inside the Fire Tunnel, in the corner by the wall buy for the MP40 inside the tank station, on top of the parked tank under the church (needs 3 or more players) and in the corners behind and in front of the parked tank at the church.

If you're playing with 2 people or less, I don't recommend using the fists. Instead leave the easter egg uncompleted, stopping at the "Rain Fire" step so you can get all three robots to walk across the map every minute or two. For two people I recommend camping by the wall buy for the semtex in the trenches between Gen 1 and 3. Leave the door to Gen 3 in front of the wall buy closed to keep the zombie spawns faster. You can camp here will upgraded HAMR till the mid-20's assuming you have Double Tap and Speed. Optimally though for all camping strategies you want the upgraded Ice Staff cause it's the best camping weapon, period. If you have the Ice Staff you can reliably camp at that spot till 60 on solo - I recommend you get Flopper as well so you can keep throwing Semtex during Insta-Kill. If you got two people have the second guy hold the Fire Staff and use it when the Ice gets low on ammo.

Solo camping is by far the best though. For all strategies I recommend the Ice Staff - no other staff is anywhere near as good. You can use the spot I already mentioned for Solo if you want. Its only drawback is occasionally a zombie gets stuck in the wall by the Fire tunnel so you have to leave the area to make it respawn which is annoying. Alternatively, you can leave the doors between Generators 1 and 2 closed and camp by the Remmington wall buy. It's a little bit faster than the semtex camping spot and there is no wall glitch.

For the most experienced and skilled players the very fastest camping spot is behind the tank station, Solo only. If you know the popular training pattern for this area, you will know the place most players shoot the train at - right next to a big mudhole not far from the back door of the tank station. There are three spawn points for zombies within the radius of the Ice storm if shot at the edge of that mudhole. Basically right there is your camping spot. It's hard cause you have to be perfectly on time with your shots for the Ice Staff - messing up at all could cause your death. But if done right, you spawn trap 3 spawn points and there are a LOT of spawn points close by so you can easily kill 20 or so zombies with a single charge shot once the spawns max out. Unlike other Ice Staff camping spots, you can camp here till about Round 80 before you need to start training regularly since the zombie spawns are so fast. It's just a really hard spot and even with a lot of practice I still die here from random nonsense on occasion. You need a shield for this spot as well so if you use it, make sure the zombie shield is in the workshop and that you have a Mark 2 or Mauser as your secondary and monkeys/air strikes for Panzer rounds.

Hope this helps. :)

I've been considering making a detailed strategy guide for Solo Origins for this forum. If I end up making it I will most likely show some footage of the strategies I mentioned.

if you get caught by the panzer you can always try to shoot the glowing part of his claw and he will release you. also, if you are being dragged in by him and have a really inaccurate weapon a good ole knife to the claw gets you free too (thats if you survive getting pulled to him and no zombies are swiping you whilst getting pulled in) aha its so fun to knife him when hes pulling you in and just run right past him. so troll worthy xD

Oooh, thanks for asking. xD

It really depends on how many players you have, what your endgame strategy is, and what weapons you're using. A lot of people love doing the full easter egg so they can sit in corners with the upgraded fist/knife. If you've got 4 people it might be worth considering trying that - a few good corners for sitting with the upgraded melee are inside the Fire Tunnel, in the corner by the wall buy for the MP40 inside the tank station, on top of the parked tank under the church (needs 3 or more players) and in the corners behind and in front of the parked tank at the church.

If you're playing with 2 people or less, I don't recommend using the fists. Instead leave the easter egg uncompleted, stopping at the "Rain Fire" step so you can get all three robots to walk across the map every minute or two. For two people I recommend camping by the wall buy for the semtex in the trenches between Gen 1 and 3. Leave the door to Gen 3 in front of the wall buy closed to keep the zombie spawns faster. You can camp here will upgraded HAMR till the mid-20's assuming you have Double Tap and Speed. Optimally though for all camping strategies you want the upgraded Ice Staff cause it's the best camping weapon, period. If you have the Ice Staff you can reliably camp at that spot till 60 on solo - I recommend you get Flopper as well so you can keep throwing Semtex during Insta-Kill. If you got two people have the second guy hold the Fire Staff and use it when the Ice gets low on ammo.

Solo camping is by far the best though. For all strategies I recommend the Ice Staff - no other staff is anywhere near as good. You can use the spot I already mentioned for Solo if you want. Its only drawback is occasionally a zombie gets stuck in the wall by the Fire tunnel so you have to leave the area to make it respawn which is annoying. Alternatively, you can leave the doors between Generators 1 and 2 closed and camp by the Remmington wall buy. It's a little bit faster than the semtex camping spot and there is no wall glitch.

For the most experienced and skilled players the very fastest camping spot is behind the tank station, Solo only. If you know the popular training pattern for this area, you will know the place most players shoot the train at - right next to a big mudhole not far from the back door of the tank station. There are three spawn points for zombies within the radius of the Ice storm if shot at the edge of that mudhole. Basically right there is your camping spot. It's hard cause you have to be perfectly on time with your shots for the Ice Staff - messing up at all could cause your death. But if done right, you spawn trap 3 spawn points and there are a LOT of spawn points close by so you can easily kill 20 or so zombies with a single charge shot once the spawns max out. Unlike other Ice Staff camping spots, you can camp here till about Round 80 before you need to start training regularly since the zombie spawns are so fast. It's just a really hard spot and even with a lot of practice I still die here from random nonsense on occasion. You need a shield for this spot as well so if you use it, make sure the zombie shield is in the workshop and that you have a Mark 2 or Mauser as your secondary and monkeys/air strikes for Panzer rounds.

Hope this helps. :)

I've been considering making a detailed strategy guide for Solo Origins for this forum. If I end up making it I will most likely show some footage of the strategies I mentioned.

yes it certainly does help.  now we wouldn't be making it anywhere near the type of high rounds you mentioned there...  now the fist camping spots you mentioned would that be everyone camping together? or everyone camping in a separate isolated spot?

I'd say our end game would be to everyone have an upgraded staff and an upgraded hamr or mg02 or whatever and maybe a boomhilda or ray gun.  I've played some highish round solo games, but the guys i like to play with are just irl friends who don't play any solo.  thus they like to camp everyone together, just for the solidarity and fun aspect.   Realistically id say a ceiling on what round we'd play to would be 35.

yes it certainly does help.  now we wouldn't be making it anywhere near the type of high rounds you mentioned there...  now the fist camping spots you mentioned would that be everyone camping together? or everyone camping in a separate isolated spot?

I'd say our end game would be to everyone have an upgraded staff and an upgraded hamr or mg02 or whatever and maybe a boomhilda or ray gun.  I've played some highish round solo games, but the guys i like to play with are just irl friends who don't play any solo.  thus they like to camp everyone together, just for the solidarity and fun aspect.   Realistically id say a ceiling on what round we'd play to would be 35.

In that case if you are able to, do the easter egg and have everyone upgrade to the fire fist, then camp on the tank or in the fire tunnel, imo.

For camping under 35, you can try this for an old school feel: From the start room, open to g3, leave the door to g2 closed. Camp by generator 1, one guy on the window, the other 3 stay near the ballista wall-buy area. Kill them in front of the reward box.

Door to g2 is emergency back door.

Once staffed, lightning is probably best for the window. Drop charged shots in front of reward chest from ice/wind. Fire staff keeps stragglers at bay/protects ice/wind staff users.

My 'not great at zombies' friends managed to hold that until we completed the Easter Egg on 28.