worst map ever

mneilan

Although i feel as if Origins was made to bring a challenge to people i think it has a lot of elements (if you use them correctly) to help you survive longer. I also like the weapons in the map but i kind of agree with what youre saying it is very difficult at certain times and the mud sucks because it can get tricky to run trains sometimes :/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I maintain that the best way to play Origins is to rush to round 8 with Jugg and an MP40 and learn how to get it done.

It's really not that hard once you learn it, and after that you are so much more comfortable playing that map.  If you do everything beforehand, and then go down on round 8 anyway, you have just thrown so much time away.  And I don't believe that there's anyone out there who hasn't done exactly what I said.

The best way to deal with Panzer is the start in the mud by generator 4, stay in the mud until you hear the Panzer very close by and then move onto generator 4.  From there, turn left towards the back of the tunnel, pass it, turn left and head all the way down to the footprint with the MP40.  Everything pretty much behind you, and you can keep doing that circle slowly, killing the zombies one by one with the Panzer always in control.

I maintain that the best way to play Origins is to rush to round 8 with Jugg and an MP40 and learn how to get it done.

It's really not that hard once you learn it, and after that you are so much more comfortable playing that map.  If you do everything beforehand, and then go down on round 8 anyway, you have just thrown so much time away.  And I don't believe that there's anyone out there who hasn't done exactly what I said.

I am a victim of this. I have spent countless hours getting set just to quit on 10, 15, 20, 9, I mean spending an hour to battle panzer is easier than rushing to round 8, spent 5 more mins to kill it.

Nice one chopper.

I am a victim of this. I have spent countless hours getting set just to quit on 10, 15, 20, 9, I mean spending an hour to battle panzer is easier than rushing to round 8, spent 5 more mins to kill it.

Nice one chopper.

And that's why I kill him with the Lightning staff on Round 8. Takes less than 2 seconds and I'm on my way. ^^

Preparation, or wing it and hope that I got this? Strengths and weaknesses are present in both strategies.

And that's why I kill him with the Lightning staff on Round 8. Takes less than 2 seconds and I'm on my way. ^^

Preparation, or wing it and hope that I got this? Strengths and weaknesses are present in both strategies.

Same. I fill 3 boxes by round 7, get lightning built (and Wind & Ice if possible) and I take the panzer down while filling the final soul chest from 8 onwards. Very simple.

I think a large difference in thinking is that I only do 2 staffs whereas I believe you guys are talking about doing the EE. As the full EE is believed to have been responsible for some of the highest rounds being glitched there are no benefits apart from the situation of swapping staffs in crazy place for ammo.

You can do 100 without doing this and if you aren't playing anywhere near that level then you only need the ice staff.

My point is unless you are doing it purely to have fun with the staffs, it isn't worth doing which is why I suggest racing to 8 and digging on 10 as its the most practical way to play :)

Edit - just thinking about this some more...could one of you guys let me know how long it takes you to get to the end of round 8 and 10 playing the way you do? I'd really appreciate it for some comparison as I loved origins.

I think a large difference in thinking is that I only do 2 staffs whereas I believe you guys are talking about doing the EE. As the full EE is believed to have been responsible for some of the highest rounds being glitched there are no benefits apart from the situation of swapping staffs in crazy place for ammo.

You can do 100 without doing this and if you aren't playing anywhere near that level then you only need the ice staff.

My point is unless you are doing it purely to have fun with the staffs, it isn't worth doing which is why I suggest racing to 8 and digging on 10 as its the most practical way to play :)

Edit - just thinking about this some more...could one of you guys let me know how long it takes you to get to the end of round 8 and 10 playing the way you do? I'd really appreciate it for some comparison as I loved origins.

Chopper, I don't do the full EE. I realized a long time ago that it is a waste of time on Solo and that once you hit 80 and start getting further in the game, your biggest asset is the robot feet. I make all staffs in a solo game so that I can activate the "rain fire" step of the EE to help ammo conservation once I need it. That is all. From a practical standpoint, that is the most practical way to set up a Solo game of Origins assuming you want to go as far as you can - above 100. If all you want is a 50 or a 70 you are correct, all you need is the Ice Staff, however, I am dissatisfied with anything less than 100. That is just me though.

The time on average it takes me to set up and do everything except searching for orange dig spots is about an hour. All staffs upgraded and air strikes earned, by Round 12 at the latest. I actually recorded the way I set up my game on my Youtube a while back - though I've made some improvements to the strategy since then.

• 4 months later...

So doing the EE causes problems on solo?

I did 2 games to 94, second one with EE completed.

The first I ran out of ammo on 93 and robot-footed to 94.

Second one battery fell out of my pad, I had the EE completed and full ammo in Ice and Wind.

What problems does the EE cause? (I train at tank station, if thats significant)