Hi CoDz!

I just wanted to pose a question and see what you all think. In the weapon fridges or locker on Tranzit, Die Rise, and Buried respectively, what is your favorite weapon to store? Personally, I buy an AN 94, Pack a punch it multiple times until I get a foregrip for it (not sure if placebo effect or actually improves accuracy :P ) and I put it in the fridge/ locker right away. I normally avoid playing Tranzit unless someone asks for easter egg help or just wants to play, find a new strategy, etc. So, I never need to use any other weapons when I start a game for bank points in Die Rise or Buried, or just in case I bleed out and respawn. I generally stick to this as I feel the Actuated Neutralizer has a higher damage then every non-wonder weapon save for snipers, and it has fairly high mobility, especially in comparison to LMGs. Do you have a weapon preference for your locker? :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually store an Upgraded SVU in order to maximize points using the sniper bonus points persistent upgrade.

I keep it for a few rounds until I hit around 10 or so, then I put it away after getting a Max Ammo and start getting a replacement.

Huh. Well I know about the SVU/sniper points combo but I never really figured out how to get the upgrade. Honestly the only time I run snipers in zombies is when I'm bored of hitting the box and just PaP a DSR 50 till it gets iron sights. Not sure if bonus points perk even applies to iron sights or not. Sometime though, I would like to try a challenge with all three snipers at once, but never on Die Rise. Preferably just Buried :P

95% of my games I'll have a Pack a punched HAMR in the weapon locker, I never use the locker anyway unless I'm in serious trouble so it's good if I need to survive I'll immediately try to get my weapon out of the fridge/locker.
Other weapon would be an upgraded AN-94 for Die Rise and Buried.

I feel the Actuated Neutralizer has a higher damage then every non-wonder weapon save for snipers, and it has fairly high mobility, especially in comparison to LMGs.

I'm pretty certain the SCAR-H and the HAMR have more damage per round than the AN-94. Love the SCAR, sadly you can't get it in any of the N4 maps, just Origins. The Galil should be pretty close to the same strength as the AN, just not sure which one is stronger between them. The Executioner and the Python (and Remmington New Model Army) should also do more damage per shot, though of course the fire rate is less. Oh and I'm sure everyone would agree that the Boomhilda has more damage per round than any of these. :P

As far as my own locker, ever since TranZit I've just left a Galil in there. If I could I would leave a Mark 2 in there, but Treyarch won't let that happen, so...

I believe the AN is the strongest wall weapon for sure.  It's what I would put in the locker if anything.

Maybe the Scar and HAMR have more power, but the HAMR recoil is a joke and the Scar is a box gun.

The AN will let you camp until round 35 if you back it up with Sallies, and that is no joke.

I'm pretty certain the SCAR-H and the HAMR have more damage per round than the AN-94. Love the SCAR, sadly you can't get it in any of the N4 maps, just Origins. The Galil should be pretty close to the same strength as the AN, just not sure which one is stronger between them. The Executioner and the Python (and Remmington New Model Army) should also do more damage per shot, though of course the fire rate is less. Oh and I'm sure everyone would agree that the Boomhilda has more damage per round than any of these. :P

As far as my own locker, ever since TranZit I've just left a Galil in there. If I could I would leave a Mark 2 in there, but Treyarch won't let that happen, so...

Yes, the HAMR has more damage, but it's recoil and low mobility are too annoying for me, I love being able to move.  Scar-H isn't available, but I'd agree that it is probably stronger than the AN unless you burst fire it (first two bullets of AN fire at a faster rate than later bullets). The Galil/Lamentation is actually less damage, especially considering the fire rate trick the AN has. Executioner, Python, and Remington NMA all have higher damage, but I prefer the AN to them as it is a wall weapon and ammo can easily be bought, as well as fire rate. Boomhilda- hahaha, of course, but I can't put that in my magical refrigerator ;) And I'm okay with not being able to store wonder weapons, that'd make the game sooo easy and even more noob friendly than Buried already is.

• Administrators

I believe the AN is the strongest wall weapon for sure.  It's what I would put in the locker if anything.

Maybe the Scar and HAMR have more power, but the HAMR recoil is a joke and the Scar is a box gun.

The AN will let you camp until round 35 if you back it up with Sallies, and that is no joke.

I would disagree and say that they SVU is the strongest. With PaP, Double Tap, and the headshot multiplyer it is a one hitter headshot killer until round 45. My preference would still be to store an AN-94, as it is much easier to spray when you are stuck in tight situations.

The svu will not 1-shot in the 40's, that statement is just way off. The dsr does until about 43, long after the svu takes multiple headshots (tested several times, as I've heard this claim several times before and keep double/triple checking. The svu is poo, use it if you like, but don't delude the masses). :)

The Hmmr outlasts the Lsat, but the lsat is easier to use until then (also tested side by side).

I usually drop hmmr or lsat pap'd in the fridge.

The only map that i have ever used the fridge was running the road in front of farm on Tranzit when i ran out of ammo in my other guns. This scenario may have even happened twice. So there they sit unused in my games.

P.S. The an-94 is so nice.

• Administrators

I know for a fact that it works past 40 and caps at 45; I use the weapon almost daily and exceed the round quite often. As I said above it must be stacked with the persistent upgrade. Some have issues consistently making headshots on these rounds. I'll gather some game play at some point this weekend.

Not in one shot...

EDIT: wait, i miss the persistent upgrade bit, i did not realize that that added damage to the gun. I just thought that it gave you extra points. That was my error. So how long does the dsr go on with that upgrade, since it hits low-40's on it's own? End edit.

I mean, you definitely know what you're talking about, so i trust you to be correct. I have used it before 40 and it will not headshot in one, so i is confused.

I tested it a few times on solo/Buried.

It takes several good shots when the dsr is taking one. How are you getting different results? As much as i absolutely trust and value your opinion, i feel like something is amiss... Like you're shooting wounded zombies or something.

Huh...happy to be wrong...but...tested too many times...

• Administrators

The upgrade you are talking about is the "long shot" which gives additional points when using a sniper. The headshot upgrade is earned by consistently getting head shot kills and it deals additional damage. Not sure I've never used the DSR much worth a test through.

The upgrade you are talking about is the "long shot" which gives additional points when using a sniper. The headshot upgrade is earned by consistently getting head shot kills and it deals additional damage. Not sure I've never used the DSR much worth a test through.

I'm surprised that i didn't have that active when testing the svu, if that is the case. Since all i did for 40 rounds was stand at the court stairs and headshot before testing these. That would be the upgrade where their heads disappear when killed, regardless of why they died?

I have no choice but to accept that the error is mine. That being said, i must check this again for my own little piece of sanity.

That's for taking the time...

Edit: always love the pap'd dsr/iron sights. It is the reason i began to experiment with the svu. I like them both in mp cod. People would say snipers were good in zombies, so i began to check them out and fell in love.

@ Chopper: You are correct my friend in your statement that the AN-94 has that advantage over the SCAR (Imo, the AN-94 should have also been a box gun since it is a bit too strong compared to most wall guns). However, Boom is also right - the SVU is the strongest and most overpowered wall weapon in Zombies in terms of kill power. Perfectlemonade did a run to round 70 on Die Rise if I recall correctly, using the SVU almost exclusively.

On the topic of the DSR, it is a little bit stronger than the SVU but the SVU is more effective overall due to the fact that you can spray (allowing you to shoot more shots into your train each loop safely), due to having basically twice the ammo of the DSR and due to the fact that you can buy ammo without recycling the weapon. The SVU gets a little bit overlooked though cause most people are stuck on the AN-94 or because it feels weird to have to use a scope when training.

Not sure if it's been said but the Bo2 grip is mostly placebo because it only raises centerspeed by 2% (way worse than Ghost's and previous CoDs) which is less than a 2% reduction in recoil because centerspeed is only one part of recoil.

Yeah I've heard that. I think there are other factors that it reduces though. Maybe viewkick? I'm not quite sure.