Der Riese: This is Where it All Began

• Administrators

Dr. Kurt Blome and Dr. Friedrich Steiner

KurtBlome_zps0aefdc70.png Steiner-Intel.png

Before World War II, Dr. Friedrich Steiner did meticulous and frustrating work in chemical weapons, earning several degrees and was thus sought out by the Waffen-SS to work in the Wunderwaffen program.  The Führer, Adolf Hitler, realized that the Allies could not be held back much longer, so they called upon Steiner in 1943 to look for more "unconventional" solutions.  In that same year, Dr. Kurt Blome, a high-ranking and respected Nazi scientist, was working with the gas known as Sarin.  Dr. Friedrich Steiner focused on chemical weapons with the help of Dr. Kurt Blome, the result being the creation of NOVA 6, a deadly toxin that the creator himself, Steiner, was horrified about.  In 1947, Dr. Blome was sent to the Nuremburg Trials under the evidence that he was practicing euthanasia and conducting experiments on humans, eventually being acquitted, with both men ending up in peculiar situations.  But let's back up.

The year is 1943 and the main headquarters for Group 935 is Der Riese.  The Nazi's are getting into the chemicals business via GK, a German front company who manufactures the chemical weapons.  By September 5th, 1944, the Germans were beginning on version 4 of the 'NOVA project' (as they called it) and the biggest issue with it was "still" stability, but they were also looking into new dispersion methods, using containers for long term storage, switching to human testing as opposed to chimpanzees, and getting a new facility.  The chemicals working inside Germany's Nova-6 were Tabun and Sarin, evidenced by this note from Kino Der Toten and GKNOVA6 documents stating the exact symptoms of Sarin.

You might be saying that all this is circumstantial, and asking, "Where is Blome ever mentioned in Zombies, did you just pull his name out of thin air?"  The answer is no due to a few pieces of evidence.  Dr. Blome and Dr. Steiner both started working with chemical weapons in 1943 for the Germans, with Dr. Blome's emphasis on Sarin, which is in the chemical compound that Steiner created.  On top of that, in all of the GKNOVA6 documents sent out, Blome's name was on about 10 of them, but I'll get into that in a bit. The largest piece of his evidence comes from a poster in Der Riese (view-able below) that many used to think said Dr. K Blondi, but it actually says Dr. K Blome.  Take a look in the bottom left-hand corner:

Screenshot2012-05-06at94917AM.png?t=1336

The poster above is in Der Riese and Kino der Toten.  Since Blome worked on Sarin, it is understandable why the poster is in the map with crawlers, but why Der Riese you ask?  Let us not forget that in the teleporter in Der Riese, images are shown to us of many different things, like a lighthouse and Dr. Richtofen.  However, let's take a look in the third row, fourth column.  It appears to be an early version of a crawler, which we know weren't around in Der Riese, but it seem they were certainly thought about.

4349352359_ca9314875c_o.png

Here's an excerpt from the Project Nova intel, followed by an excerpt from another thread:

In 1945, our British counterparts in MI-6 inaccurately (or falsely) reported that the original Nova 6 test site located outside of the municipality of Cottbus on the border of Poland was destroyed under heavy bombing. Reports from the time indicate that the NOVA 6 compound was transported on the Elbe River to the North Sea where it was moved to a freighter for transport to an unknown location. MI-6 goes on to report that the freighter ship was destroyed on direct orders from Winston Churchill and everyone on the ship was killed in the resulting explosion. However, we now know that at the minimum Dragovich, Kravchenko, and Steiner escaped with samples of the gas and headed back to Moscow.

Der Riese was the original facility for everything Group 935 did, including VRIL, as we found out from Moon. Der Riese was located near Breslau in Lower Silesia, Germany, which is now Wroclaw, Poland, after Poland regained territory in World War II. Breslau and Cottbus aren't exactly close, meaning it couldn't be inside Breslau or Cottbus, but luckily, it's outside each one, but still near. I looked in between each location that I felt would satisfy the requirements (i.e., in Lower Silesia, on the border of Poland, etc.), and found a point I was happy with. Then, PINNAZ reminded me of a book by the name of "The Hunt for Zero Point" by Nick Cooks, which describes Die Glocke thoroughly, likely leading the way for most ideas Treyarch had. He then mentioned the note in Der Riese that says "the bees disappeared from Ludwigsdorf" and how something with the Die Glocke operation was resulting in all of the bees in the area to leave or die Then it clicked. The original point I had chosen was 4 miles from Ludwigsdorf.

Dr. Steiner realized that Germany was in their final moments of the war, so he gathered his scientists and research to initiate Germany's NOVA6 strike ahead of schedule.  They transport everything from Der Riese to the Elbe River and onto a freighter, getting through the North Sea and heading northbound into the Arctic Circle.  On October 29, 1945, Kravchenko and Dragovich led the 3rd Shock Army Special Operation Unit in Operation Olympus to get Steiner and NOVA6 from the Arctic Circle and Steiner showed how much of a coward he really was by selling out his men to join the Soviets.

In the first paragraph, I mentioned how each man ended up in peculiar situations, so now I'll go back into detail.  After selling himself to the Russians to save his life, Dr. Friedrich Steiner was now the lead in the Ascension Group, which had the purpose of pushing Soviet weapons development forward.  It was the Soviet resurrection of the German NOVA6 program, organized by Dragovich and housed former Group 935 scientists.  While Dr. Steiner fled to the Russians, Dr. Kurt Blome was acquitted in the Nuremburg Trails most likely due to America's intervention, and two months later he was a part of Operation Paperclip as a consult for America's germ warfare program.  From there, he likely tells America everything there is to know about the experiments and they eventually begin to work on their own concoction.  How do we know that Dr. Blome is the reason the United States knows about NOVA6?  In the GKNOVA viral, one document in particular is telling:

4840964749_d0fb75e9d4_z.jpg

When translated, notice the sixth sentence (the one regarding Blome):

From part, we may judge the whole. MKULTRA. Bluebird. Artichoke. The past, the truth. Blome brought the evil. Someone hid it. God vs god. believe in the Welteis and the dead start walking. Power. German Knowledge. Beware of the Black Sun. Search the truth. It is still there. Son of the HUD. Four letters. Building 87. Clean the world in a manner which is honorable.

This is the conclusion of my revamped theory showing that Der Riese is located in Ludwigsdorf and was the original NOVA6 test site and the lives behind two of the men that made it happen.  I hope you all enjoyed it and learned something and if you believe I made a mistake, or you have something to add, please comment!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I liked what I saw, but there's a little section where the text matches the background. Please fix it. Thanks!

Thank you! I took a look on my computer and phone and the format seems unchanged, any chance you could tell me where the text is messed up?

Wonderful conclusion, friendo! It's finally relieving to see the actual location of Der Riese instead of guesstimating its location. A quick question: are the teleporter images similar to Kino der Toten's?

I'm very confident in this location, now I need to get some more evidence, compile it, and I can add it to my locations thread. I wish I was able to find the teleporter images for Kino, but as Slade said, I think it shows all the same ones with a few extras.
  • Administrators

I'm interested in this.

I'll go through my files and see if I can find anything.

There's a second one for Der Riese that I've been particularly interested in finding for a few years, so if you find it, please let me know.

I have these but I'm at work ATM. I think there is a second one that has a few different images in it. I'll send it to you Tac if Slade hasn't already done so.

It should be in the World at War Library! But I can't post all of Der Riese!

Edit - found this thread. It shows the 'Yellow' images. Or are you looking for the 'Blue' one?

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?8451-The-Real-Face-of-Ludvig-Maxis

Could it be? Do my eyes deceive me?

The Legend has returned. My other half is home.

And what a shock you haven't missed a beat. Very great read here my old friend. I agree with everything you've got here. There are Black Ops terminal files that support all of this, especially the parts about Nova 6 testing at Der Riese, and Blome and Stiener going to Operation Paperclip and the Ascension Group.

If you ever wondered why there are Nova 6 crawlers in American based maps like Five and Moon, this is why.

I actually wrote a fairly large thread awhile back that delved into, but it was put on hold.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/156750-the-lost-threads-group-935-reborn/

It's good to finally have you back in my life.  :D

• Administrators

Could it be? Do my eyes deceive me?

The Legend has returned. My other half is home.

And what a shock you haven't missed a beat. Very great read here my old friend. I agree with everything you've got here. There are Black Ops terminal files that support all of this, especially the parts about Nova 6 testing at Der Riese, and Blome and Stiener going to Operation Paperclip and the Ascension Group.

If you ever wondered why there are Nova 6 crawlers in American based maps like Five and Moon, this is why.

I actually wrote a fairly large thread awhile back that delved into, but it was put on hold.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/156750-the-lost-threads-group-935-reborn/

It's good to finally have you back in my life.  :D

Haha it's nice to see my other half again :P I'll take a read through your thread and I'm sure we'll be crossing paths again soon ;)
  • 1 year later...