Zombification Discussion Thread

Slade

Alright.What about shields?Why are there two different zombie gods?

All this discussion we will both be zombie gods by the time its finalizedxD

TAMB!!!  no perk bottles, no tallies, no shields - we scrapped the whole idea.

Zombie God = Announcer.  There were multiples because we were deciding on what the most appropriate name was.

DAMMIT MAN we are trying to finalize this - please read all 7 pages before asking questions, most of your answers will be there.

Such anger, much frstration, wow, very annoyed.

ok ok thats alot and I didnt read it all xD..

COOL

:D

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright.What about shields?Why are there two different zombie gods?

All this discussion we will both be zombie gods by the time its finalizedxD

TAMB!!!  no perk bottles, no tallies, no shields - we scrapped the whole idea.

Zombie God = Announcer.  There were multiples because we were deciding on what the most appropriate name was.

DAMMIT MAN we are trying to finalize this - please read all 7 pages before asking questions, most of your answers will be there.

Such anger, much frstration, wow, very annoyed.

ok ok thats alot and I didnt read it all xD..

COOL

:D

haha naw I meant it more like Bones from Star Trek.  The only thing that makes me frustrated is traffic lol.

DAMMIT MAN I'M A DOCTOR, NOT ZE DOCTAH!

• Tech Admin

Alright.Then why are there still the perk bottles and tallies as eventual ranks?

Someone needs to finalize this an move on, remember that there is a list available for viewing on EVERY members sidebar.

Fully aware of that TAMB, we haven't hidden anything from anyone with the suerbars and we know that when testing different ones they can be seen by everyone from the pop up menu.

Once everything has been finalised, this will be cleaned up and then the userbars that have been agreed upon and the ranking / post count structure that's all that will be seen.

The perks, tallies, shields has been scrapped? Wth? That was a far better idea than the userbars, imo.

/majorsighs

Why dont we stick something like that where it says the rank?

Not the actual pic but the name of the rank.

Don't waste your breath, TAMB. Grill will lock the thread again.

The perks, tallies, shields has been scrapped? Wth? That was a far better idea than the userbars, imo.

/majorsighs

Why dont we stick something like that where it says the rank?

Not the actual pic but the name of the rank.

Don't waste your breath, TAMB. Grill will lock the thread again.

Right, because GRILL locked the thread for his own interests. Oh wait - Slade wanted it locked so he could get shit done, that's right.

And totally right, GRILL won't hear anything about the tallies/perk bottles/shields because it has to be GRILL's way. OH WAIT AGAIN - StrWrsbob said 3 pages ago that we don't want to drag the avatar space down, that's right:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158859-zombification-userbars/?p=1482732

On top of that, GRILL doesn't want to have a conversation about tallies/perk bottles/shields because he's just a total douche and doesn't want the discussion anywhere. Oh, actually, hold on - we have another thread specifically for the discussion of such things that people choose to ignore.

Please don't make accusations that I will lock a thread for frivolous reasons. I care about everyone's opinion equally - it's just that 7 pages later and we have people saying "oh let's go back to the drawing board". If we had it your way this would never get done. We're trying to get this implemented so we can continue to work on other projects, rather then dwell on a simple form of prestige. The discussion will always be open, and perk bottles/shields etc. have NOT been permanently ruled out - it's just this is the medium we've all arrived at.

I try to be as open and transparent as possible, and I really do not appreciate this garbage about me frivolously locking a thread. Sorry your idea wasn't implemented, I guess that's all I can say.

Honestly, after reading that. I only have colorful responses for you Grill. 

No one blamed you for locking the thread out of your own motivations, but I'm not going to argue with you or try to defend myself. You just said a few posts ago that the perks/tallies/shields idea had been "scrapped". Now you say the discussion will always be open. Well, which is it? Stop waffling already, stop locking threads while discussion is going on, and stop singling me out. You should have more tact as a moderator than to post crap like you just did. Get over yourself, Grill.

Eternal - I am singling you out because you keep bringing it up, in the wrong thread. You are an adult, you'll be fine. I meant nothing personal, and I sincerely did not/do not appreciate you saying that I'll simply lock a thread mid-discussion for seemingly no reason.

Yes, the idea was scrapped from being implemented alongside the user bars. That doesn't mean we can't keep the topic open for perhaps being implemented in the future, once we nail the design down. Again, I'm just referring what StrWrsBob said 3 pages ago. Me? I like the perk bottles/shields/tallies! But the difference is that I can accept that we can't have everything at once.

C'mon man, you know me. if someone insinuates that I'm going to lock a thread for frivolous reasons, then I have a right to respond... And my response is going to be real. I'd rather give a real response, the just fake it for formality. I know your an adult, I know your a reasonable dude, and I responded to you as I would anyone I know. If you were a new or random user, OF COURSE my response would be different.

Seriously though? "Get over myself"? Last time I checked, you're the one who can't get over yourself (I.e your ideas not being implemented). This is meant to be fun, not a dick contest to see who's idea becomes implemented. Learn to compromise. Again, I've got nothing but love for you, ETERNAL. I wouldn't have responded like that to you if I didn't think you could take it.

And thank you, MMX.

I'm just going to stop offering my advice within this community. It seems everyone individually like the perks/tallies/shields icon, and it makes the most sense, but here we are with userbars instead and I'm still trying to figure out when the idea was finalized as a community (I don't actually think it was decided as a community). So, forgive me if I feel like any suggestions myself, or any other lowly community member, make fall ultimately on deaf ears. It doesn't make me want to offer more suggestions because they just seem like a waste of my time...And to think I almost paid someone to design a demo graphic.

Sorry, Grill. I know you aren't the one making final decisions and you're just the messenger, but I don't feel the love.

Why not both?

Seriously.

Stfu both of you.

Please dont ban me.

Infighting is pointless!

JUST DO BOTH!

Allow me to rephrase this, please.

Rephrased:

Why not have both, don't argue please, fighting over this is pointless.

Please, do both if possible.

There we go, eh? Much better than telling people to STFU.

It's just hard to collaborate and get everybody to say "yes that's exactly what I wanted".

This thread/idea for userbars came from the original thread, and it was initially like "ok let's talk about tallies/perk bottles etc. in the original thread, and move the userbars to a new thread". So yeah, that's how it came to this. Your input is crucial, man - along with anyone who wishes to share theirs. I'm just trying to keep the plan on target in a timely fashion, please don't let it put you off.

If we find the right way to implement tallies, shields, etc. then they will probably be implemented. Let's just try and keep this thread about the userbars (which I think are totally kick ass) and use the other thread in site news for perk bottles, icons, etc. (which I also think are badass).

In the time being, we have these excellent userbars to enjoy and gloat over.

You did say I have terrible ways of dealing with people.But yes, guys dont fight.I know ive done my fair share, but there's no need here.Lets not be petty.

Does anyone have a legitimate reason we cant just have both?
How about you either have tallys,stars,or perk bottles, maybe other options as well, and each member can choose personally?
And along with that, have the userbars(universal however).

Guys?

I'm just going to stop offering my advice within this community. It seems everyone individually like the perks/tallies/shields icon, and it makes the most sense, but here we are with userbars instead and I'm still trying to figure out when the idea was finalized as a community 

I'll be very clear and straight-forward with you.

From reading your posts, the first thing that comes to my mind is that you've likely skipped or rejected 50% or more of everything that's been posted by others.

When the perks, tallies and shields were first getting introduced and tested to our users, so were the userbars.

I admit it was kind of hard to follow as GRILL's thread was mostly used to post ideas about the perks, tallies and shields.

And only I (and later Lithium) posted every once in a while showcasing our ideas for these userbars.

But we still showed our ideas, and the response was very positive.

That's why I made this thread.

The community's response to the userbars has always been very clear and positive from the start.

Otherwise we wouldn't have put so much work into making them.

In the end, it is pretty clear that the userbars "won over" the majority of our community.

Otherwise GRILL's thread would still be kicking much more than mine, and surely more people whould've voiced their wishes on rather implementing one of the other three than the userbars.

You can complain all you wish, but I won't tolerate you dragging this thread down just because YOU don't like this idea.

"I don't actually think this was decided by the community"

If that's correct, then you can start by showing me some proof that the "community" doesn't like this idea.

Apart from you, I have yet to see a single soul saying that they don't like this or that they prefer the other ideas.

You just gave a big slap in the face to everyone that has helped you with your idea.

Craig worked his ass off to make it work, in fact we all did.

I even presented multiple prototypes that had both the bottles and the userbars. 

While I prefered the userbars, never did I say that the others weren't great ideas as well.

Because they were, they still are.

In the end however, it didn't work out as we wanted. The bottles didn't look right. The shields didn't look right. The tallies didn't look right.

If you have a brilliant suggestion that would make those ideas work, I'm sure the staff will take it as seriously as they have with the userbars.

But now you're just turning to the idea that has been making headway, and accusing it of being the reason for the perks/tallies/shields being put on hold.

So I would suggest that you'd stop your complaining, unless you back it up with either prototypes or valid ideas.

I've been very clear from the start that this thread is about discussing the userbars.

If you want to talk about the other ideas, you can do it in GRILL's thread.

That's not so hard to understand, I am sure.

• Tech Admin

Tamb, in honesty bud, you really need to watch what you say.

THINK before you type a sentence out, saying stfu the both of you isn't exactly a very tactful response. You are a young lad and still finding your feet in life and a certain amount of tolerance is supplied but seriously, watch what you type.

I agree with Nick on this one to be honest, userbars and tallys/perks/huds is to much information in the user info panel, it will become to crowded. I was a fan of using the perks rather than the userbars but we live in a democratic world and the democratic vote was for userbars.

In the grand scheme of things, the userbars are the best option, they are uniformed from rank 1 to rank 10 or higher and the title and image changes but the image size and shape is pretty much identical throughout and fits the best.

Why not both?

Seriously.

Stfu both of you.

Please dont ban me.

Infighting is pointless!

JUST DO BOTH!

Allow me to rephrase this, please.

Rephrased:

Why not have both, don't argue please, fighting over this is pointless.

Please, do both if possible.

There we go, eh? Much better than telling people to STFU.Haha thanks for rephrasing this, Nathan.

@tamb: we will do our best to try and find a solution for the tallies/perk bottles/shields, but for now - we are just doing the userbars. I hope you can be happy with that. The reason for not having the perk bottles is because we couldn't find a way to make the icons look nice without taking up too much room in the avatar space. Nick/strwrsbob said we should just focus on the userbars, and that's what we are doing.

@slade: thanks for your response, man.

Let's just move on, and keep the topic of userbars (which we will implement ASAP) here, and the topic of icons (which is something we can figure out if we can get it to work) in the original thread. Please!

I have updated (and will be updating) the OP with what we're currently working on.

So it's (and will continue to be) very clear on where we stand with this.

@TAMB

While I am glad to see you're getting so involved, it's very clear that you didn't follow a large part of the discussion from the start.

Everything you've suggested so far has already been suggested by someone else.

If you have any more suggestions, from now on please make sure to check if it hasn't already been suggested by someone else.

I'm not going to fill the rest of my posts repeating the same answers over, and over again.

I will however PM you the answer instead. So please, PM me with your future suggestions.

Thanks.

• Tech Admin

Tamb, in honesty bud, you really need to watch what you say.

THINK before you type a sentence out, saying stfu the both of you isn't exactly a very tactful response. 

I realize that it's not.I felt the need to be blunt to respond to the way they were acting.But alright.

Cool, I've not got a problem with ya bud, you just need to remember that others are reading this forum as well - that type of response can rub people up the wrong way.