I hope you all know, well should know sometime today,that not only call of duty ghost, but Black Ops 2 is getting new micro dlc as well, with ghosts its the villain packs (Makarov ,Jesse's hazmat suite, Zachaev, and Rorke) well the same day 4 new micro dlc's are being released to black ops 2, one of the names for these camos is "weaponized 115, which is similar to the pap camo from origins,except I believe its blue instead of green, also black ops 2 had a update on the 26th which turned off elete, and fixed some security issues with hacking, along with a new playercard and emblem picture for people who had elite, I think this mght be enough to go on that since we have to wait till 2015 for the next COD that Treyarch may add 1 or who knows maybe 2 more full dlc's before they stop supporting black ops 2, and I also believe all call of Dutys from now on will keep making dlc's after there first main 4 packs, maybe 4 packs the first year, then 2 packs the next year to keep the people who like certain CODS entertained, This may just be a final push from treyarch till 2015, but I'm hoping and I know most of you are to that they'll continue to make a few for dlc's before the year is out. What are your thoughts?

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/02/27/4-new-personalization-packs-coming-to-black-ops-2-on-xbox-360-on-march-4th/

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Weaponized 115 camo actually looks like Origins camo, I will most likely buy it. I haven't bought any camos for BO2 but if this is what it seems it will be, I'm getting it.

It doesn't. It is a green colored camo that looks NOTHING like the Origins skin. Not sure what they mean by "inspired by Origins"!?! They may as well have said "Inspired by a puddle of sick I saw outside a nightclub"... It would have been more appropriate.

personalblackops2-620x360.jpg

That being said... they are all actually rather nice personalizations. I don't play MP anywhere near enough to warrant a purchase though. I have barely seen my cyborg camo since I purchased it.

I think these packs are just a test by Activision to see just how much demand for DLC there still is left after the next CoD hit the scene.

If these are successful, expect to see this kind of DLC for Ghost even after the release of Sledgehammer's CoD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think these packs are just a test by Activision to see just how much demand for DLC there still is left after the next CoD hit the scene.

If these are successful, expect to see this kind of DLC for Ghost even after the release of Sledgehammer's CoD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do see this as possibly being a thermometer of sorts for DLC success after the next COD is released.  Although I don't think these will be wildly successful, i think a better barometer would be either a micro transaction MP map, or a mini map pack with like 2 MP maps and a survival zombies map or something. 

I mean you can't argue with the fact that even now, there are usually almost as many people playing BO2 as there are playing Ghosts and sometimes when taking zombies into account there are more.  I definitely feel like future DLC could be successful, but I think to do so it would need to be something significant like a full on map pack that they could market aggressively. The chances of that are very slim, as it would undermine the current game

I'm pretty sure many of these camos were supposed to be earned through leveling up your Elite clan.  When they forgot to put the button in game to activate them when you hit the appropriate clan level, they disappeared off of Elite.  Wouldn't be shocked to see the camos that were not voted on by the community also find their way into the store.  Maps though...I just don't see it.  I'd much prefer Treyarch work on their next title and make it good than continue to work on Black Ops 2.  Not to mention, it's counterproductive to Activision's goal to make more maps.  Camos are one thing.   They know players still play the game and a new camo won't draw players back to it that much, but will give those who never left something to spend money on.  Maps would draw people back, which is something they don't want to do with their current CoD title still in DLC season.

I'm pretty sure many of these camos were supposed to be earned through leveling up your Elite clan.  When they forgot to put the button in game to activate them when you hit the appropriate clan level, they disappeared off of Elite.  Wouldn't be shocked to see the camos that were not voted on by the community also find their way into the store.  Maps though...I just don't see it.  I'd much prefer Treyarch work on their next title and make it good than continue to work on Black Ops 2.  Not to mention, it's counterproductive to Activision's goal to make more maps.  Camos are one thing.   They know players still play the game and a new camo won't draw players back to it that much, but will give those who never left something to spend money on.  Maps would draw people back, which is something they don't want to do with their current CoD title still in DLC season.

unless they decided to alter their strategy based on the fact that not as many people are playing ghosts compared to BO2 than they might have originally expected.  It might be a paradigm shift altogether in activisions strategy.  Of course they aren't just going to abandon ship with ghosts, but if there's a market for BO2 dlc that could possibly pad the bottom line, then they'd likely at least discuss it

• 4 weeks later...