Zombification/Prestige - Give Us Your Opinions

GRILL

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second concept round. 

Made these in a flash, far from perfect.

Based on Rissole's tier list.

2lc5mqh.jpg

1ze8rxk.png

35kjwd4.jpg

Actually, not as daft as it sounds. We can use a virtual currency system on the site and you could have mini transactions in place (i.e. pay $5 and get 500 points for example) - use the arcade and other features and you can obtain virtual currency and this builds up the points allowing you to "buy" what you wanted. Wouldn't be automatic (I think) to start with but could eventually be automated.

We can make a whole bunch of these tier userbars. 

And then you can buy one for a certain amount of points (which you can get from posting or getting brains)

• Administrators

I was thinking more along the lines of posts represent points specifically. I don’t think CoDZ needs to add micro transaction. Activision is already running the market on them. Also does the arcade really get that much attention? I never touched the games myself.

• Tech Admin

Second concept round. 

Made these in a flash, far from perfect.

Based on Rissole's tier list.

2lc5mqh.jpg

1ze8rxk.png

35kjwd4.jpg

We can make a whole bunch of these tier userbars. 

And then you can buy one for a certain amount of points (which you can get from posting or getting brains)

Text needs to be clearer in all honestly, can you increase the font, maybe bold it?

How's this? Personally No matter what size the bottles are, I don't like them - I don't think they sit well at all.

bfc3e38cfac2232d426861af9a734590.png

This is perfect if you ask me. We don't need to see them clearly, just enough to get the idea they're perk bottles. Shields look like everyone else likes them more, so we should go with that, but I think they're too big and take away from the avatar. If we add in the Zombie groups as well, the user bar will be too busy. Too many graphics, whereas the bottles are more like a simple icon than an actual graphic. Does that make sense?

• Administrators

I think what Slade came up with is brilliant. I did the text the same way; it's just how the for is. We can make it a tad bigger but it will come off as awkward. Otherwise, we can try a different font.

Also, Slade, let's work something out with this since we both are on the same page yeah? PM me so we can get down an dirty. ;)

This is perfect if you ask me. We don't need to see them clearly, just enough to get the idea they're perk bottles. Shields look like everyone else likes them more, so we should go with that, but I think they're too big and take away from the avatar. If we add in the Zombie groups as well, the user bar will be too busy. Too many graphics, whereas the bottles are more like a simple icon than an actual graphic. Does that make sense?

There are also smaller Perk HUD icons. Maybe these can be used. Though I do like the user bars that Slade & Festo are making. Nice job guys.

@ Hells Warrrior, did you get all of my spam emails I sent you?

There are also smaller Perk HUD icons. Maybe these can be used. Though I do like the user bars that Slade & Festo are making. Nice job guys.

@ Hells Warrrior, did you get all of my spam emails I sent you?

Exactly. We want to use the userbars too so if you have the high detail of that, the avatars that us CoDZ users do well, and the large, graphic-like shields, I just think it's too cluttered with images. Overkill. Something should be toned down to a more simple means of illustration. My thinking is the bottles accomplish this. I see what they are and if I look closely enough I can make out what perk it is, but it can also blend into the background too and the balance actually accentuates the meaning behind the perks (post count) and the userbar (tier group). Otherwise, they lose significance because they're all highly detailed and nothing is special. 

I'd like to see the smaller perk icons, maybe like you'd have in game? Just a color and the simple icon?

So I haven't been around for much of the discussion, but I still think Grill's original idea was the best. Ranking Perks is subjective and just doesn't work. Who decides which one is "best"? "Worst"? All you get is a bunch of people's subjective opinions. Using it for a ranking system won't work at all.

If you use Perks and force a ranking order, most people will be displeased in some way. Most anyone who visits CoDz will look at the list and think "I believe Perk A should be higher than Perk B." I personally could argue the crap out of any list you provide, no matter what it is, even if I agreed, I could easily make the argument for the opposite position.

I believe that doing it based off of enemies is a much cleaner solution. We can prove that enemy A is more difficult than enemy B, be it by health, damage, or whatever you were to decide.

And if you guys insist on doing Perks, I don't know if you recall but I had made high quality renders of them in the Media Section:

And tally marks… Why? I mean, I, II, and III can accomplish that. Why waste images? They're just lines.

'>

190726539ce23d16d3bf61a841c45e5585af2707

So would that be

Juggernog / Speed Cola / Double-Tap Root Beer / Quick Revive

Stamin-Up / PhD Flopper

Stamin-Up / PhD Flopper

Deadshot Daiquiri

Mule Kick

Double-Tap Root Beer II / Tombstone Soda

Double-Tap Root Beer II / Tombstone Soda

Who's Who

Electric Cherry

Vulture-Aid Elixir

Does Juggernog go first? Does Quick Revive? Which is first, Stamin-Up or PhD? And the ultimate reward is... Vulture-Aid Elixir?

I've always kinda gone Quick Revive, Juggernog, Speed Cola, Double Tap. Seeing as Quick Revive and Jug were in the starting rooms of Verruckt, but also now Quick Revive is in the starting room of all maps now basically. Speed Cola and Double Tap are interchangeable, but personally I've always considered Speed Cola as the 3rd perk, than Double Tap 4th.

Stamin-Up and PhD Flopper is interchangable. I personally say PhD is 5th and Stamin-Up 6th.

For Tombstone and Double Tap 2, I would put Tombstone before Double Tap 2 seeing as its a completely new perk, while the other is a reworked one. Which begs the question, are we including both Double Taps? That'll be 13 perks/ranks than. Just remember the original Double Tap doesn't have a grimy HUD icon, you would have to edit to look dirty like the others.