Zombification/Prestige - Give Us Your Opinions

GRILL

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey CoDzsters, GRILL here.

You may have noticed those little stars underneath your title. They are a form of "prestige", if you will, and it based on your post count. There is an image below if you don't know what I am talking about.

We thought it would be fitting to refer to it as "Zombification". We'd like your help in deciding what image/icon will replace the stars, and what the different "tiers" of Zombification will be.

When Craig brought "Brains" back, we took it to the community to help decide what image should represent "Brains". We arrived at Maxis Drone brains, both fitting and current. We'd like to come to some sort of consensus, please provide images if you can, and obviously zombie related. What do you think we should replace the stars with?

Next are the tiers of Zombification. Here is what we liked, after throwing the idea around (the included post count is just a placeholder, let us know what you think the tier should require in post count.) Also, MMX (or anyone), if you are reading this - let us know if the names are indeed the appropriate names, and not nicknames (with the exception of "Zombie God", which is just made up):

Human (01-100 posts)

Crawler (100 - 250 posts)

Nova-6 Zombie (250 - 500 posts)

Hellhound (500 - 750 posts)

Undead Sprinter (750 - 1000 posts)

Napalm Zombie (1000 - 1500 posts)

Zombie Cosmonaut (1500 - 2000 posts)

Panzer Soldat (2000 - 3000 posts)

Agarthan Zombie (3000 - 4000)

Zombie God (4000+)

Any idea is a good idea. Let's hear 'em :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round Tally Marks?

Just an idea...

Tally marks could definitely be cool.  Do you have an example of a "round" tally mark?  or do you mean like "round 2"?

These look pretty fine. It'd be cool if we could fit in more, well all bosses, but I have no problem with these.

What bosses do you think could be incorporated?  I believe we can extend the amount of "prestige" as long as it fits in the space allotted for avatar, medals, etc.  Cosmic Silverback could for sure be on there.  Sarah Faraday.... not so much lol, would be kind of funny though.

How about a combination?

Replace the stars with small tally marks.

Under (or above, replacing the duplicate usergroup title) that, you have your zombification title.

Either way, definitely liking this. 

Much better than having a bunch of stock stars.

The only issue with tally marks is that, after you hit 5 - how will we simulate the line with the cross through it?  and yeah, I think the title would be above the stars.  Not 100% though.

Hmm well, George Romero, Space Monkeys, Cosmic Silverback, Shrieker Zombie, Avogadro/Him, Jumping Jacks (maybe, we already have Gas Zombies), Brutus, Ghost (instead of Sarah Faraday if it doesn't fit), and I think that's it. I mean if you could somehow make them fit in and work that would be cool. But if you can't that is alright as well. You don't want to over-complicate by adding in to much I imagine.

Good one Grill.

The tally marks could be just small images. 

Problem solved(?)

Also, borrowing ideas from a great forum I no longer am involved with.

Multiple 'group' titles.

So instead of getting one star or one title in this case, two or three titles are unlocked for you to choose from.

Like Test Subject, Human, Crawler.

It works essentially the same as suggested in the OP, but it adds much more variety.

Hmm well, George Romero, Space Monkeys, Cosmic Silverback, Shrieker Zombie, Avogadro/Him, Jumping Jacks (maybe, we already have Gas Zombies), Brutus, Ghost (instead of Sarah Faraday if it doesn't fit), and I think that's it. I mean if you could somehow make them fit in and work that would be cool. But if you can't that is alright as well. You don't want to over-complicate by adding in to much I imagine.

Indeed there are quite a few.  If you'd like to come up with a list, and post counts according to where - we could probably increase the cap from 10 ranks to 15 or even 20.

Good one Grill.

The tally marks could be just small images. 

Problem solved(?)

Also, borrowing ideas from a great forum I no longer am involved with.

Multiple 'group' titles.

So instead of getting one star or one title in this case, two or three titles are unlocked for you to choose from.

Like Test Subject, Human, Crawler.

It works essentially the same as suggested in the OP, but it adds much more variety.

Perhaps one of the BO2 zombie ranks as the small image?

and Slade that is an excellent idea with the multiple titles for rank, will really spice things up.  Let's get Craig/HellsWarrrior in here and see if it's possible.  I'm totally down for that though, along with anything that promotes individuality and the power of choice.

Excellent. 

Those zombie ranks are perfect, Grill.

I can finally get those shotguns, and now be called a post-pumper instead of cheater.

Lovely.

if things work out;

I don't see why we can't make a nice, fun, contest out of this.

Let our creative users come up with and vote on some additional title names. 

Human (01-10 posts)

Crawler (10 - 50 posts)

Nova-6 Zombie (50 - 100 posts)

Space Monkey (100 - 250 posts)

Hellhound (250 - 500 posts)

Sarah Faraday (500 - 750 posts)

Shrieker Zombie (750 - 1000 posts)

Cosmic Silverback (1000 - 1500 posts)

Zombie Cosmonaut (1500 - 2000 posts)

Avogadro/Him (2000 - 2500 posts)

George Romero (2500 - 3000 posts)

Brutus (3000 - 3500 posts)

Panzer Soldat (3500 - 4000 posts)

Agarthan Zombie (4000 - 5000)

Zombie God (5000+)

Something like that?

Regarding Slade's idea, I have a basic idea of what could be grouped together. It's a bit rough so some of it I don't like, but it;s something to work off I suppose.

Human, Crawler, Zombie (01 - 100 posts)

Space Monkey, Shangri-La Monkey, Hellhound (100 - 500 posts)

Nova-6 Zombie, Phasing Zombie, Jumping Jacks (500 - 1000 posts)

George Romero, Brutus, Panzer Soldat (1000 - 1500 posts)

Napalm Zombie, Shrieker Zombie, Avogadro/Him (1500 - 2500 posts)

Cosmonaut, Sarah Faraday/Ghost, Agarthan Zombie (2500 - 4000 posts)

Zombie God, Ancient Evil (4000+ posts)

I feel like there should be more, but I'm not sure what else you could add.

That list looks perfect Rissole, though I'd like to see "Zombie" replace "Sarah Faraday". Lol, I'd guess most of our members don't even know who that is.

Yes I think 'Ghost Lady' would be more appropriate than Sarah Faraday. That's not really anywhere near confirmed as a character.

(As I keep thinking Treyarch included Michael Faraday portraits because I keep banging on about Nikola Tesla, when really Faraday was before Tesla, wishful thinking maybe. Lol)

• Administrators

So after talking a bit with Craig, there are a few limitations (and non-limitations) that were discovered:

- Each title/rank is prepped according to post count. That being said, the ranking system can't exactly be switched manually as Rissole mentioned. You can only start from Human and work your way up with no manual control over what title you have.

- Tallies can be recounted so they go past, say, 10. It's a matter of repeating single tallies to make it look consecutive.

Lovely suggestions from everyone, but it seems we have a mixed opinion on how the images should be setup, haha. Some are calling for single images with a lone picture relating to a particular boss (think of a userbar for instance). Others are saying to stack up the images like they are now. Either or can be done, but I'm afraid that both are not possible.

That is, unless we make one larger (vertical) image where you can have the main, exact rank at the top and the current stack level (tallies) on the bottom. Something to that effect at least.

I like the idea for replacing the stars with (boss) zombie images combined with the tier titles.

I've messed around a bit and here's what I came up with.

13ydtfs.png

25iag6o.png

14kw7qf.png

As you can see, the stars will be replaced by an image that's refers back to your level of zombification.

Thoughts?