Zombification/Prestige - Give Us Your Opinions

GRILL

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, I thought we were just going to use the perk bottles as an icon - not your "rank".

I really think we should stay with the enemies as our rank, but when it comes to icons - I love all the choices everyone has put forth. I think having to match up the rank to the rank icon is way over thinking it.

Tally is the simplest, and may be a plain - but it really gets the point across IMO.

The "shields" as we have dubbed them, are the best option to me. Nice shape, stacks together well.

The perk bottles are great too. I just think that if we have them, just because you have a juggernog doesn't meant your ranked "juggernog". It's just an image, no reason why we have to make the ranks so literal to the rank icons,

Edit: I see there is a new topic for the userbars, which will consist of the enemy rank. I guess that's more so what I was talking about, so disregard this I guess.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, it doesn't even matter the order. The shields are just a spruced up version of the stars, with each star unique.

Actually, I feel like we should go for tallies now. A simple working representation of the stars system. But zombie themed. Plus it kinda fits with the userbars. Rounds are related to most bosses in some way.

You can do the new Perks that appear in maps in any order, it really doesn't matter. I wouldn't bother including both Double Taps as I think we would need to cull some anyway.

Thought I'd throw another option for the Tally marks. They look a little better than the original ones. Don't you love too many options.

1DC01325-79CD-486D-B3A0-9E5DE155D2FD_zps

542E63D2-F52D-4058-8586-EDBC89E48646_zps

88AD75EF-5945-46C8-A67F-EBFB8A8F06F9_zps

C7C0BDE3-32C0-47E8-BEC2-B6BC35ECE20F_zps

B38F31AB-047D-48CC-BA3C-CD16CEED23C7_zps

Are those the Origins/Mob tallies Pinnaz? Didn't realise there were different tallies.

They all do look nice. Especially the shields. But for simplicities sake, I still gotta go with the tallies. They look real nice. I know some perks will get cut if they're chosen and I don't want that to happen haha.

If tallies are chosen, will 10 be right? That's the current amount of tiers in the other thread, not to mention after 10, the rounds actually become numbers.

I think the tallies look great, and will not overly clutter the brilliant userbars being created.

I say we go with 10 for now, but with the mindset that further ranks can be implemented. At the very beginning, I remember Craig was suggesting that once we get to 10 tallies, then the images could be replaced by shield icons.

Ranks 1-10 = Tally icons

Ranks 10-20 = Shield icons (replacing tallies)

And then maybe even add Ranks 20-30 = Perk bottle icons (replacing shields)

Just a thought. We'd have to have a lot of ranks, but there are quite a few enemies - and on top of that, we could always allocate 20-30 for Treyarch's next project ;) (presumably BO3 in 2015 - but that is merely a prediction with no fact or rumor to back it up).

Edit:

Added an "All 3" option to the poll.

The perk bottles were never meant to signify rank, but post count. My idea was a cumulative system scaled to the rank, at low ranks just a couple posts get you another perk. At high ranks, however, it may take you 100 posts before you see another perk added, but once you acquire all perks your next rank increase comes as a new userbar and a new rank. 

We've all played an RPG at some point, I'm sure. So you rank or level up your RPG character by gaining Experience points. Once you reach a certain amount of experience points, you gain a level. The higher the level you are, the more experience points it takes to increase another level. In our case, the levels would be represented by the userbar and the experience points would be post count. It's simple to do mathematically once you arrive at your rank thresholds. Simply take the total number of posts within that rank, e.g. 1,000-2,000 posts, then divide by the total number of perks we will use. If it's 10 (just to make it simple), every 100 posts adds another perk bottle.

The order of the perks really doesn't matter, but I would go with an order of least popular to most popular, or least used to most used. Possibly could even work chronologically as they were introduced in-game AND in what order they can be obtained in-game. So, the first four would quite obviously be QR, Jug, SC, and DT. I would only use 10 and omit the least popular ones such as Vulture-Aid, Electric Cherry, Der Wunderfizz, etc..

So, the award is not a perk bottle, but a new rank. The perks are only there to illustrate your progress towards the next rank. I suppose tallies would work as well, but I just think they're too plain and perks have not really been showcased any other way on the forum. So, I think this is a great way to do it.

• Administrators

I would like to see the final rank be custom. Rissole really turned me on to the idea of a final perk bottle being Der Wunderfizz, signifying the custom aspect.

If we were to do tallies, because they're actually numerical, I'd prefer it to be only for brains. However, it seems like re-hauling the brain mechanics is out of the question, not to mention that would be a lot of tallies (unless roman numerals were done). However, I'll hop on board with this tally talk. Sorry if I have missed this, but if we have the userbars signifying their rank in terms of post count and nothing signifies brains, what would the tallies be signifying?

• Administrators

who made these new bars hthey k;look very based 

why uis nipalm zomkbie fucked

PUI

Posting under the influence.

Great job! These are terrific additions to the layout. Props goes to everyone involved in the project.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be very clear and straight-forward with you.

From reading your posts, the first thing that comes to my mind is that you've likely skipped or rejected 50% or more of everything that's been posted by others.

Interesting analysis. I recall reading about the userbars and most of the discussion was about which characters to use and their respective post counts. Someone...I think it was Grill who first asked for suggestions to replace the stars. I'm really not sure which came first, but I checked into the star replacement thread and it was a tremendous idea, tallies, perks, or shields. The same people were engaged in this discussion, the lines blurred between userbars and star replacement. Creating another thread only increased the confusion because it was the same discussion, all taking place in that same little area. Honestly, that's a poor effort to end debate by saying, "There's another dead thread out there. Sure all the discussion moved here, but technically..." 

However, taking into account the popularity of the userbars. I always advocated using them both. I agree it would look cluttered, especially with the shields, but not with bottles or tallies. If userbars is what the community wants and Admin is saying it's too cluttered with anything else, fine. Paint me black and cast me out. We all have our opinions, but when you attack my character expect me to retort and don't be naive enough to think I'll remain pleasant. 

My biggest complaint is not of what graphic we use, at this point, but it's the incessant silencing and censorship of discussion. Just to appease your "thread appropriations" I will post a duplicate in Grill's thread, but who are we kidding? The discussion moved here. Brilliant Idea to create 2 threads talking about the same thing, but I digress...

As it stands now. We need to add an opt-out feature. I don't want the userbar taking away from my avatar at all.