Build A Winning Squad (squad assault, squad vs. squad).

Hi soldiers. Don't you hate watching your best classes lose terribly as bots? No worries, 83457 is here to help your squad win on their own.

Things to know: bots don't really take advantage of many perks that humans do. Bots instantly know where another team bot died. They are amazing at long/medium range, usually tripped up at short, unless within stab range. Your bots will be piloted by a mix of difficulty; out of 6, i think 1 is a veteran bot (random), 2 hardened, 2 regular, 1 recruit (or possibly 1v, 1h, 2 reg, 2 rec). So the veteran bot will always beast, recruit bots, not so much. So your one great class may be piloted by a recruit bot that can't effectively use your class. Edit: if you throw a 9-bang at enemy bots, your bots will suddenly know where the affected bots are and will go after them.

Here is the best classes for all bots that I've made so far. With the update allowing up to 10 classes per soldier, it should be easy to leave one dedicated bot class. Go to Squad Assault> create soldier> pick soldier> then hit the start button while you have the class that you want the bot to play as. A symbol will appear next to that class. This will be the dedicated bot class. Repeat for each soldier.

Winning bot class: using this, my bots are winning most games that they play on their own (folk playing squad assault, mine randomly chosen). Of course, any beast human player will simply win versus bots. That is just the fact of the situation.

Edit: i keep trying to tweek these classes, so some information will change. Here are some updates that may be different than what is posted below: bots always run around, so I've been using Ready Up. The more stuff they have, the more they can screw up, so I've been using primary, lethal only, no secondary, no tactical. I suggest here the sc-2010 because it is quite good and already unlocked for each character, so only 7 sp per character is needed to buy the grip and silencer. That being said, the bots seem deadliest with the Remington R5 (no surprise) and the sa-805, so if you have one of those available for each soldier, try that instead. You can stick with my silenced approach or use grip/muzzle break to maximize damage potential instead. tried throwing knives, but only the hardened/veteran bots do well with them.

Current class: Remington R5/grip/thermal, I.E.D., ready up, resilience, focus, dead silence, hardline, sleight of hand, dog, sentry gun, hind. The sentry guns occasionally get placed stupidly, but these are the killstreaks that are used fairly well by the bots. The throwing knives didn't work well except for the veteran bots, the ieds pull in more reliable kills. If you often challenge a friend whose bots get killstreaks going, swap hardline for blind eye. With this set up, usually only one of my bots goes negative in tdm. I usually best the other team 50 to <30.

Note that dog only as killstreak will not count towards the next dog, only your kills will.

Original class: Primary: sc-2010. Great gun, already unlocked for each soldier. Use any of the good assault rifles. Avoid bright camos. Bots don't need a sight.

Grip: reduced recoil.

Silencer: frustrates human. Bots don't know where your shooting from unless they see you.

Lethal: ied (will be randomly thrown somewhere, but often effective), Semtex. TK only works if a good bot gets it.

Tactical: concussion or 9 bang. 9 bangs are great against bots even though they suck versus humans. Your bots will even smartly use them against enemy electronics sometimes. Edit: they do take some time to use though. Edit: Recently i have been skipping the tactical and extra tac perk. Resilence and Strong-arm are good fillers, especially if using the tk lethal.

Killstreak: dog, sentry gun, hind. All useful, all bot friendly usage. They have real issues with setting down sat-coms, so skip that. Their trinity use is unsuccessful.

Perks:

Takedown: enemy bots don't know where their teammates died. Frustrates human.

Dead Silence: frustrates human, lowers chance of enemy bot noticing your bot behind it.

Focus: helps with the bots amazing long-range skills, reduces flinch to win more even battles.

Extra Lethal: ieds; double the chances for random kills or Semtex use (bots have a decent use of Semtex). Alternately, use Reflex in this slot.

Hardline: dog at 4 kills. Since only dog chosen, the dog should help build towards next dog, for constant dogs.

On perks: dead silence and extra lethal are the most replaceable perks. Reflex, or using strong-arm, resilience, or extra tactical combos could replace them. Obviously some of you may not have the required perks unlocked, in that case use ones that will keep them alive, as opposed to improving their gun skills, which don't work well. Tac resist, blast shield, incog, off the grid, dead eye would all do better than quick draw, stalker, ready up. I have 1 off soldier with no silencer (yet), Danger close/kastet. He will eventually be another clone. Note that he can't get ammo from the guys with silencers. That's why you want the exact same guns/camos.

Good luck!

There is a ton to say, I'll try to add pertinent information as it occurs to me. Try these dedicated bot classes and let me know if they do a better job. Obviously, pick a real class for yourself as these aren't great for human use.

Avoid: stalker, agility, smgs/shotguns for bots. Avoid multiple weapons or complicated use items. Avoid ammo crate as they will often use the gun they get, no matter how bad.

By all having the same gun, you avoid a need for scavenger/fully-loaded perks as they will run similar paths and end up picking up dropped ammo from the other bots with the same gun that died. If empty, they will pick up an enemy gun.

Choose a decent map of moderate size. They will do worse on Strikezone than Stormfront. Avoid Octane for HQ as it gives the enemy human (with rare exceptions) the free cp in the center of the map. Also, small maps give the human a better chance to beast, larger maps are easier for the bots with their long-range potential.

Avoid objective HQ modes as the team with the human will be advantaged. Especially avoid Frieght in objective modes as the human can close doors to make it harder for your bots. Bots do fairly well at Blitz, but again, avoid Freight.

More maps stuff: only the human will get/use field orders, so avoid hq maps with killstreaks that are detrimental to your bots. Avoid hq maps like Ignition where the test rocket will kill them because they are stupid, and the special killstreak can be bad as they might walk right into the fire. Fog; bots love to walk into the pit by the satanic altar, you have 6 bots, the enemy playing your Fog hq will have 5 (and a human), which means that you have an almost 17% greater chance of bot pit-death if that's your hq. I use Stormfront, because it gives the bots an advantage over the lone human, reducing his viability in the match while having no special killstreaks for him to take advantage. Edit: Current map: Pharoah, which is risky, given the free care package. But since they must move around the whole map to get it, my bots have a chance. I just like to let other bot lovers play the new maps. (Mutiny got my bots slaughtered, they've won games on their own in Pharoah).

Bots don't breach or use doors/train/ et cetera (the safeguard bots do occasionally breach). Edit: bots breach on Octane; the care package container, and the 2 roof breaches. As far as i can recall, they have never breached in any other map (unless safe guard).

Edit: If you play against a squad with lots of level 1 bots, most likely that means that they are still default classes. The default bots to be wary of are the one with the Vector if you run into it up close, and the one with the lmg as he will camp somewhere. If a veteran bot gets the lmg guy and a good location, it may give you some trouble. A bot with an lmg will always sit somewhere and camp. For most bots, this is not a great strategy, but it can catch you off guard by being the only bot not moving around the map.

Edit: a different take that seems feasible; pick a giant map like Stonehaven. Give all of your bots focus and an lmg. They will sit somewhere and camp with long views. This is actually a rather effective use of bots.

Edited by 83457
  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squad Reinforce.

As you may or may not have noticed, reinforce isn't available in squads.

You can go to multiplayer> private (or local) and set up reinforce. You can choose number of bots, difficulty. As well as some other changes (i like to make 8 round games). But the bots will be random.

Here is the pertinent bit: i like to choose what my team bots use in the game and this cannot be done in multiplayer; it will generate random team bots.

So, to build your own squad and play a 12 player variant, do this:

You must have at least the May update that added Reinforce, other than that, you don't even need to be on xbox live.

Go to mp> local (or private). Choose Reinforce, then hit X to save 'custom recipe' even though you didn't change anything.

Head to Squads> local (this option is only available offline). Go to game set up> mode> my modes and choose Reinforce.

Then make up your offline Squad the way you want.

Notes: all bots will rush. Normally, in tdm and domination (i think), the lmg bots will camp. This is not so in Reinforce, so give them rush classes.

It will be 6 versus 6, no way to adjust that.

It will be regular difficulty. There is a difficulty option that only seems to adjust the enemy strength, not your bots, so if the game is too easy, adjust it up.

With 6 players the Game tends to last longer as flags keep getting taken. Adjust killstreaks accordingly.

Probably nobody cares, but that's just a little option for my fellow bot-lovers.

Edited by 83457

Ghosts bot games. While not as many options as bo2 had, there are still some custom bot games to play. I use 'mixed' difficulty, set to taste.

---

[Pariah]: set; unlimited time, unlimited score, 1 life.

You versus 11 bots; they want you dead, can you survive? Usually friendly fire on for realism.

[butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid] Same as above, only with a friend; 2-10.

[Escapee] solo game (could be 2 player). Pariah variant. Just like Pariah, but Scavenger, Gambler, and Extra Lethal are banned, no killstreaks, no field orders. You have specific start classes;

Novice: combat/gold knife, throwing knife, magnum (tac knife or akimbo), any nonbanned perks.

Amateur: combat/gold knife, throwing knife, any nonbanned perks.

Regular: combat/gold knife, any nonbanned perks.

Pro: combat/gold knife, no perks.

The idea is that you just escaped, you can only use what you have or can take from fallen enemies. Survive the onslaught.

---

[Eradicate] set unlimited time, unlimited score, 9 lives.

6 versus 6 until 1 team is eradicated. It's fun having the game wind down as the players run out. More realistic than tdm.

[skirmish] Same as above, but only 1 life each.

2 small bands try to secure the same area, but only one can win.

---

Always fun for once I'm too tired for human opponents or the internet is down/usurped.

Happy gaming friends!

Edited by 83457
  • 3 weeks later...

My bots have done great with the Remington, but i found that they did better with the Tracker Sight over the thermal.

They also do very well with the sa-805.

Now, I've noticed that if i put an underbarrel grenade launcher on a rifle, they tend to bounce a lot when firing due to no grip. But i notice that the underbarrel shotgun appears to have some type of grip built in that holds the rifle steady compared to the ub-gl.

So as soon as i get a few more points, I'm going to try the sa-805 with the underbarrel shotgun as i feel it will be something they could use fairly well. Hopefully covering the few lost kills from not having a lethal grenade on the class.

On the ub-sg, try it out as a player, it is quite good actually. The only real drawback is that you can't reload it until you fire 4 shots.

Edited by 83457

The ub-sg was fail. While they did okay with them, it was clearly a step in the wrong direction. I tried it on the sa-805 and the Remington.

As soon as I switched back to Remington/grip/tracker +IED, my bots went back to winning most games.

Current class:

Remington/silencer/tracker.

IED.

ready up, slieght of hand, dead silence, focus, resilience, hardline.

Dog, sentry gun, hind.

I traded out the thermal for the tracker; the bots use it/switch it faster, for more efficient killing.

I found that the silencers give about the same stability as the grip, making it a better choice; staying off radar as well. I seemed to get a few more kills in too. I'll have to see how they hold up versus real players.

Edited by 83457

A little.

When your team plays on their own (win or lose), you get 30 minutes bonus xp.

When you play any squad games as a human player, you get that xp as a 10% bonus. Assist =22 points. 100 point kill is 110. There is a max xp for squads that is easy enough to hit, which gives you a care package.

So this will net you some xp, some bonus xp, and a few squad points.

Edit: win or lose on their own gets you xp, sorry for the bad wording (fixed now).

Edited by 83457

Does these wins give you xp?

My answer was a little off still.

Besides the bonus xp. You get normal xp for playing, but it's capped at like 2000 or 2500. When you hit the max during a game, you get a care package grenade.

So you get xp like normal, match xp at the end, and 10% bonus xp in 30 minute increments for each game that your bots play on their own.

You get some squad points. You will not unlock camos/rewards. Will not count towards Operations.

Random bot advice and comments:

Bots will hide around a corner. They always know which direction that you face and can usually see you through objects once they know where you are. So they will wait until you turn away, then immediately run out from behind cover. You weren't imagining that.

Shoot at a bot, go behind cover; the bot will probably throw a grenade at your last position. Come back out of cover and shoot him first, or avoid the grenade.

You see a bot walk behind cover before you get a clear shot: fire anyway. Most of them will double back into your gunfire. The higher difficulty ones may try to flank you, so if they don't immediately double back, watch the area in the direction that they went.

With the exception of marksmen rifle/lmg camping bots, usually if you encounter one, you found them all; prepare for prolonged gunfight, don't reload after first kill.

Silly comments:

I have fought more Rambos than i can count. Fought super heroes, powder puff girls, childhood cartoon characters, tv personalities, tmnt, et cetera.

Many people don't care or pay attention to the squad aspect; do many folk have a knife class as the first class, which doesn't do very well.

Some folks just don't try: i came across a squad with maverick assault rifles, (no Focus on their classes), silenced, with the vmr sight. I picked one off of the ground, it was horrible (i had my 'winning is for losers' class with no focus also). It is no wonder you didn't finish one prestige.

Edit: additional advice; When playing squad assault, play tdm/domination/blitz. Avoid Cranked as it is very swingy (unless you really like cranked, then have at it). In one game, in am unbelievably short period, my team was losing 29-4. While i did only lose by 2 points in the end, i just wanted to give an idea of the possible loss of control of the game. Once they get several cranked bots going, it is easy to get steamrolled.

Avoid Search and Rescue; you need at least 'hardened' level bots to play this game mode and since the squad assault games have mixed difficulty, i have watched a few too many 'recruit' bots walk away from the bomb as the last bot standing.

If you do engage in S+R games, you always get the bomb first. It should be 3 easy points out of 4, but some maps load you behind your team, so that your bots get the bomb instead of you. This can be a disaster. Bots walk away from bombs/bomb sights/tags, et cetera. If it goes to overtime, the enemy always starts with the bomb. Probably best to just avoid this mode. Play it offline versus hardened or veteran bots for a decent game.

I love playing people, but bots act so different from people. It's like getting to play the same maps 2 completely different ways.

Edited by 83457

More bot games:

[zombies] Is it Nov 2015 yet?

(edit: redone for clarity)

Go to options, gameplay options, custom loadout restrictions, then restrict primary, secondary, tactical, and lethal weapons.

Go to options, player options, create default loadouts, make this class;

Gold/combat knife

Ready up, sleight of hand, agility, marathon, dead silence, resilience, focus. Support killstreak: Ammo Crate (mystery box).

Copy to other team with LB, hit X by these classes to enable them in game.

[Hard Zombies mode] set number of lives to 9. 11 mixed difficulty enemies (or do 2 versus 10). Kill 99 (or 90, easier with 2) enemies before you die 9 times. Adjust bot level if desired (recruit/regular/hardened/veteran/mixed). Unlimited time. Unlimited score.

[K.E.M. Struck Zombies Mode] Set to 75 kills (150 for 2 player). Unlimited time.

The idea is to get 6 kills for the ammo crate and then win. The first mode is fairly challenging, but there are ways to get kills without getting stabbed. The second mode is just an easy fun way to K.E.M. Strike every map unless you get some really bad box guns.

Alternately, take off dead silence for Strong-arm and Throwing Knife. This will give the bots more of a chance in the second mode.

Some bots will take the default class, some won't, which will result in them having no perks/combat knife, yet it seems to be a gold knife, which is weird (yet you could hear footsteps, so they didn't have the default class with dead silence).

Without the default class, bots always had no perks and the regular combat knife, so i don't know why they have the gold knife now, but no perks. Again, weird.

Anyway, option 1 is a good challenge, option 2 is just fun.

Happy zombieing!

Edit: putting them on 'regular' cuts down on the camping bots. Turn 'radar always on' on to make the last bots easier to find. Specialty killstreaks have much higher value now; death mariachi won me the game easily. It is easy to get cheap kills by climbing stuff/stabbing them as they climb, so the difficulty level depends on how you play, but the bots do cheat often, so don't feel bad resorting to cheesy strategies to stay alive.

Edited by 83457