Could it have fixed tranzit?

K3ys3r S0z3

Ok I have started the stoping picking on Tranzit topic, but now Ive been wondering what could have made it better. One thing thats for sure missing from tranzit was a meaningful EE. Tranzits EE is simple really but you really get nothimg but a pat on the back for it. My question is do you think having the EE guve you all perks or anything really would have made the map more appealing to play?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what could have made tranzit better.

1 - an extra year of development.

2 - Xbox one.

As opposed to listing the numerous issues I have with transit, I'll say that I dont believe they could have done anything different.

To me, they had a grand plan and ran out of time and into too many hardware restrictions.

What I meant was it missing that one thing. I know there are many issues like the fog, wall weapon locations, etc. Like I have stated before I like the map as is but I do know a mass majority hate it. My thing is if something simple like the EE gave you all perks and you dont lose them could that affect the replay value in a positive way.

2 - Xbox one?

Sir pretty sure you would be able to see through the Fog better at 1080p rather than 720p. So wouldn't the PS4 be the better fix?

• Tech Admin

Xbox One and PS4 can both do 1080p but lets not get into a debate on the PS4 and One, I think what Choppers basically saying is next gen consoles would have made Transit a much better map & the new 3 year dev cycle. Time constraints probably killed Transit and because so much development time went into it, they ran with the map and removed so much from it but missed some bits of it.

To me, this was a map that should have made Black Ops 2 but it failed to delivery the hype, I don't think all perks would have made much of a difference to be honest, not since they gave persistent perks - it would have required something else but what I don't know.

What could have made TranZit better? Let me make a list off the top of my head.

-Electric Trap and Turret don't require Turbine.
-Minor cooldown for Jet Gun, and less startup time.
-More and better wall guns. The Die Rise trio (AN-94, SVU and PDW) should have been in this map.
-Better box weapons. Maybe another map-exclusive Wonder Weapon would have brought a lot more interest to this map.
-Pack-A-Punch stays open once opened.
-An option to make the bus move or stop immediately by paying 500 points.
-Make it impossible for Zombies to enter bus through the roof, and make there be less windows.
-Possibly a more rewarding Easter Egg, with some type of weapon/tactical/melee reward upon completion. Or maybe some type of presistent/special perk.

Just a few ideas.

Pretty much what Hell said.  I thought the fog was added to hide the textural mess that was present due to not enough development time or enough console power.  The fog could have always been planned, but the map feels unfinished and/or rushed whichever way you slice it.

It reminds me a little of skyrim - a game that renders an incredible amount in the open world, yet the console limitations still mean that you can't fly around and over towns, as there would be nothing in them as it needs you to enter to render.

As part of the main quest there's even a part where you are due to actually fly on a dragon, but as you get on and the game loads, it just takes you to where you are meant to be.  You ride only in your imagination.

I don't know by what factor the one/ps4 are more powerful than their predecessors, but I imagine the extra grunt and RAM would have enabled them to fix the issues I see with Tranzit.

I actually like the fog. If TranZit was made for PS4/One, I would want it kept, even if the graphical limitations were fixed. It gives it character and makes the map what it is.

- I would like if the light teleporters weren't random, but went backwards. Bus Depot light -> Bridge 2 light -> Bridge 1 light -> Cabin light, etc. Basically you can go backwards with the lights or forward with the bus. With that said.

- The bus stays for 2 minutes. But you can make it leave early by holding the action button on the driver, at a cost of 500 points.

- The reliance on the Turbine. I think it's okay for certain doors. But for powering other buildables? No. Can't remember the last time I saw an active Turret or Electric Trap.

- Buildable Power Switch was unnecessary. And turning the power off? Completely unnecessary and unneeded.

- One of two things. A little station at each stop that called the bus directly there, only stopping for 10 seconds at each stop beforehand (I would make it non-stop, but people would complain that the bus wouldn't stop for them). OR, a bus timer that counts down till the Bus reaches that location. Like a clock or timer at a train station.

- If the Jet Gun was a box weapon, and PaPable. When it overheats, you can't shoot it till it completely cools down. But it will cool down when you have your other weapon out.

- Easter Egg reward and steps obviously. The reward for this map could've been permanent perks (Burieds reward). This would make me do it so I wouldn't have to run around buying perks if I went down.

- Something in the Nacht look a like place that would want me to go to it. Not sure what though. Same with the cabin. Galvaknuckles and Bowie should've swapped places.

- Tombstone and Who's Who swap maps.

All I can think of really. I'm one of the few that likes the Denizens coming at you. Easily a one hit with Galva and Bowie if timed right. And two hit is possible with normal knife, but requires luck and timing.

• Administrators

The mode of transportation was planned correctly but poorly executed. Just as Rissole said, having the lights in a certain pattern instead of order would be extremely beneficial to help out other teammates if downed in a certain area of the map. Nothing ticks me off more than being unable to save someone because I've been portal hopping for more than a minute.

The bus route worked well. Cons if you stayed on for too long or screwed around, yet beneficial is used for a strategy with multiple people.

Traps are my biggest concern. If you don't have the Zombie Shield, everything is practically useless. The Turbine is essential to get everything working, but that's about it as far as assistance goes. They made it up over time, but the damage was already done.

I think that a timer would've been brilliant! I dont know how many times I've gotten bored of the bus, to start running to the next are, only to have the bus catch up with me.

The teleporters in an order would be perfect, or even if you could select where you wanted to go would be nice.

And also, I would've liked to see the buildables nearby, or at least closer together. Or the ability to hold more than one if they are that far apart.

Tranzit is perfect whats yalls talkins bout? :lol:

If I had to change anything, it would have been the story, and the characters but those are just cherries (rotten cherries) on the cake. I'm happy I don't have to just play Tranzit, but also happy that I own it.

...and WiiU runs at 1080p too :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I have started the stoping picking on Tranzit topic, but now Ive been wondering what could have made it better. One thing thats for sure missing from tranzit was a meaningful EE. Tranzits EE is simple really but you really get nothimg but a pat on the back for it. My question is do you think having the EE guve you all perks or anything really would have made the map more appealing to play?

Yes, but not by very much.  The actual steps to the easter egg are very nondescript.  especially for the maxis side.  The bottom line is, look at moon and shangri la.  the EE is things like puzzles.  Samantha says, the memory game on shang, the mud room puzzle,  and then some fun zombie killing gameplay.  the tranzt egg for maxis for instance.  go to power, turn it on, turn it back off.  then you have to spam the box until you get EMPs.  box moves? now you have 10 minutes of running or riding to get to the next spot, then 10 minutes more once you get them or box moves again. finally, you put down the turbines at the posts.    I mean that has to be the most unimaginative E E quest ever.   Richtofen side is a little better but even more tedious.

We said we wanted a big map, and they gave it to us.  Now we dont want big maps anymore.  sometimes we have to learn the lesson the old school way by trial and error, and this gave us the error we needed

First off; some great fixes mentioned above.

My take; can't be hit while using jetgun. Cools down when not in use. Breaks, but just needs to be grabbed again, not rebuilt.

Turbine: as is.

Electric trap: no turbine needed, late game trap. Worthy to the point where one could run at the power station, grabbing new ones to run around outside.

Turret: no turbine, no friendly fire.

Ndu: upstairs open, wall buys for guns. The whole cornfield around the tower/ndu is denizen/fog free for training.

Wall buys for guns at town.

Hatch goes to bus. Different hatch for diner/gk.

Maps made playable: not running in the street. Like you could run behind/around diner.

I find it sad that you don't play in the maps besides town (and rarely farm). At every stop, you mostly play in the street of that part of the map.

Pap stays open.

Fire-lit zombies don't explode.

Denizens give 10 points.

More workbenches, pick where you build what.

Teleporters going backwards around the map was a good idea. Just lose the random. Even if each one brought you somewhere specific, at least you could plan a trip, or know if you can save a downed teammate.

That's what i have off of the top of my head.

I actually like the fog. If TranZit was made for PS4/One, I would want it kept, even if the graphical limitations were fixed. It gives it character and makes the map what it is.

- I would like if the light teleporters weren't random, but went backwards. Bus Depot light -> Bridge 2 light -> Bridge 1 light -> Cabin light, etc. Basically you can go backwards with the lights or forward with the bus. With that said.

- The bus stays for 2 minutes. But you can make it leave early by holding the action button on the driver, at a cost of 500 points.

- The reliance on the Turbine. I think it's okay for certain doors. But for powering other buildables? No. Can't remember the last time I saw an active Turret or Electric Trap.

- Buildable Power Switch was unnecessary. And turning the power off? Completely unnecessary and unneeded.

- One of two things. A little station at each stop that called the bus directly there, only stopping for 10 seconds at each stop beforehand (I would make it non-stop, but people would complain that the bus wouldn't stop for them). OR, a bus timer that counts down till the Bus reaches that location. Like a clock or timer at a train station.

- If the Jet Gun was a box weapon, and PaPable. When it overheats, you can't shoot it till it completely cools down. But it will cool down when you have your other weapon out.

- Easter Egg reward and steps obviously. The reward for this map could've been permanent perks (Burieds reward). This would make me do it so I wouldn't have to run around buying perks if I went down.

- Something in the Nacht look a like place that would want me to go to it. Not sure what though. Same with the cabin. Galvaknuckles and Bowie should've swapped places.

- Tombstone and Who's Who swap maps.

All I can think of really. I'm one of the few that likes the Denizens coming at you. Easily a one hit with Galva and Bowie if timed right. And two hit is possible with normal knife, but requires luck and timing.

Really nice post man. I agree with you almost entirely except for the part about the power switch. I don't really mind that you have to build it or that it can be turned off - part of the Easter Egg.

Maybe also make the teleporters so if you look forward on the bus route before you jump in, you go one forward, and if you look backward, you go one back? Seems tedious but still more useful than it is now.

Denizens give 10 points.

Maybe make them like the generator zombies in Origins, where you get 10 points for each killed up to a certain number each round. So no infinite points on Round 1, but some type of reward. Would be nice, I agree.

I personally liked Tranzit as a map. It only became tedious when the realization set it that there was nothing more to it. That is when it became apparent that the map was seriously lacking.

I am unsure if it was down to technical restraints, but the map definitely needed more perks and more weapons. A map that size should NOT have contained the limited wall weapons it did. They should have capitalized on it by having specific wall weapons in tough spots like on the church wall or in the fog somewhere so that it was possible to train there, but also tough to do so because of the Denizens.

The lack of perks was unforgivable. Aside from the co-op only Tombstone, it was practically WaW perks. I say that, because Stamina Up was originally going to be a WaW perk. Even if it was to include perks like Mule Kick, Deadshot or a fire resistant perk would have been nice. They did not have to include PHD, fine, but the other perks? or even better new ones!?

The choice of weapons for BO2 in the box were also poor. They did not balance them well. Most people I knew who played Tranzit either smashed the box for a Galil, a Raygun or both. None of the other weapons got a look in. Maybe the HMR or RPD before nerf, but even they were relatively poor.

There was no real inspiration with the weapons... just chucking in MP weapons again, and not taking into account the sporadic differences between MP play and zombies. SMR is fine in MP but possibly the worst weapon in zombie history. Sure we can say the mystery box is a gamble, but did they have to make it THAT bad? What the hell is the purpose of the War Machine!?!

Tranzit could have been saved by having the NavCards unlock something new on that map. A new perk or two would have done it wonders. Even unlocking Wunderfizz. I know there is problems that can arise from playing with people who have done all the NavCards and people who have not, but I am still sure they could have done something.

Anything...

Am I the only one who didn't think the Xbox One was that great?

sehera6y.jpg

I personally think Tranzit could have had more variety.

The wonder weapon wasn't great, most of the gameplay was really repetitive (which can be expected but it could have been reduced at least a little), and I think there was a lot of little things that would've made it much better. The Easter Egg being one that I agree with.

I like the idea of getting a special award or something for completing an Easter egg. I mean, you go through all that work, especially when you're hunting for it in the first place; You deserve some sort of compensation for the time you so enthusiastically put into it. It's only fair. Doing all that for nothing but a basic pat on the back just seems very counter productive.

Something else that I think could've been way cooler than it ended up was the whole Bus idea. Sure it was already new and cool in its own ways, but it could've been doctored up and spiced much better than it was. I think it would have been cool to have some sort of purchaseable auto-turrets or exterior traps built into the bus, it would've been helpful for those times when you're on like round 70, trying to flee the area, on your last few magazines, and they're basically overturning the bus.

There's a lot that could've been improved.

Loading screens, as they were originally intended to have. The whole lava thing was added to force you to slow down inbetween areas to let it load, and the fog is obvious what it does. The original tranzit was pretty cool (have any of you seen it? i seem to be the only one who has..) a lack of lava and a more nacht der untoten-ish fog, more like a mist. Tranzit was a project that they had been working on for most of their time, but when they realized their miscalculation they added lava, shrunk it down, and hastily patched together that nightmare we ended up with. So... what would have made tranzit better is either loading screens or xbox one as somebody already said.