How Black Ops 2 Could Have Been Better

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I disagree with 83457 on origins being too tedious.  I guess in some ways it is, but the way i look at it is the zombies crew were committed to this format of building things/completing tasks being the focal point with the zombies as a hindrance along the way, and as far as that is concerned i think Origins did about as good as you can do.  I think why Der Reise is so popular (or at least part of why) is because it is a perfect mix of simplicity and complexity.  The problem is, at this point all zombie players are expecting a complex easter egg side quest to figure out, and therein lies the problem.  You could make a map equal in concept to Der Reise and the community would cry foul because there's no side quest.  By bringing the side quests to the forefront, it kind of forced the developers away from a medium sized simpler map like der reise.

Us hardcore players would love it, but just based on the experiences i've had with random lobbies and everyone wanting to "do the easter egg" I think that it wouldn't go over that well.  Maybe you could some how squeeze a sidequest into a map like that but i'd be skeptical.

personally i very much wish the side quests were way more "off the beaten path" like the ascension one

Thanks jbird, sometimes i think I'm just too bitchy. I do love zombies, but i just played some waw, and it just seems like they've gone too far from fun into tediousness. In waw, i could just run up and stab a zombie twice. In bo2, you get near a zombie and you take damage, it doesn't even have to swing at you. The other day i lost jugger on origins, i backed into a lone zombie, fell down dead; he didn't swing at me and no red marks appeared on my screen. That's just crap in my opinion.

On Tranzit pap: please note that by the time that you run from power to pap, the turbine tends to be in 'down time' and the pap door will be closed. Just wait a few seconds and it will 'power up' and the door will open.

Otherwise, the last zombie got it. To avoid that (assuming solo) just go onto power, wait for the zombie by the power switch, then run to the end of the hall, drop turbine, run back past the zombie and up and out of power. That way, he won't drop on your turbine from above without you knowing. Then run to town.

• Administrators

83457: About that Turbine near the power station: if you plant it right next to the Ak74u, it will allow a longer grace period for getting to the Pack-a-Punch room in time. That will prevent you having to drop into the actual power room and give you additional time to sprint to Town.

I really want to have a wonder weapon only game mode where you start of with a ray gun and when you hit the box all the weapons are wonder weapons from every single zombie map.To balance this there would be no perks and zombies would have a LOT of health i think it would be funny to see who get survive the longest

That sounds like a fantastic custom map idea, go make an idea thread there! 

83457: About that Turbine near the power station: if you plant it right next to the Ak74u, it will allow a longer grace period for getting to the Pack-a-Punch room in time. That will prevent you having to drop into the actual power room and give you additional time to sprint to Town.

Thanks IL, i was actually aware of that, but 1, i never seem to have issues with this, I'm just trying to help others understand that they usually just have to wait a second or two for it to power back up, and 2, i have worse luck dropping it up top by the ak74u, for no reason that i can discern. It seems that if i drop it there or even stand up top and drop it below, it always goes away on me.

No idea why that method hates me. Ha.

Personally larger but less complex maps would have been better. Orgins and tranzit I like but both are huge maps that are too complex really.

Also more guns. Every time theres a new game theres like 20 guns possible, then after playing I find myself only using like 4 of them. For black ops II Ive found myself using wall weapons.

Theres many things that Im sure would be better but these are my main grips.

And on double tap being over powered. It is sort of but honestly since they have decided pAP must be a chore now its now a must perk. I honestly would have a stopped playing BO 2 had I not found how awesome dp 2.0 is.

Thanks IL, i was actually aware of that, but 1, i never seem to have issues with this, I'm just trying to help others understand that they usually just have to wait a second or two for it to power back up, and 2, i have worse luck dropping it up top by the ak74u, for no reason that i can discern. It seems that if i drop it there or even stand up top and drop it below, it always goes away on me.

No idea why that method hates me. Ha.

Ha I never thought about that.  I played tranzit solo a couple of times and never could get to pack-a-punch, but i forgot about the "down time" that happens to the turbine from time to time...  may have to give it another shot (albeit grudgingly) and see if i can get past 20 whatever lol .  Thanks for the tips 83457 and infest!