New buildable ideas

So black ops 2 gave us some pretty cool and some useless buildables. But even though some of them stunk, I would love for them to bring them back to the next game. So lets put our heads together and make some ideas for some new buildables for the next game.

I will go ahead and put my first idea out there.

The three pats will be a conveyor belt, a meat grinder, and a tool that puffs out smoke (dont know the actual name, sue me :) )

When put all together it will give you a machine that once you kill zombies around the area of it, they will be put on the conveyor belt and fed to the meat grinder. Once its grinded up the smoke puffer thing-a-ma-jig will shoot out some of that green smoke that is given out when using vulture aid.

It would need a good bit of zombies to grind up to get going but it will probably be a good tool to help camp if thats your thing.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted this for a while, a projector build able: 

1: Extremely deadly film reel. 

2: a projector.

3: a tripod 

This thing is practically the most deadly trap in the game. Any one who stares at the screen is automatically killed. Zombies, and humans, alike. Run a horde into it and watch as they all die. Just remember to keep LOOKING AWAY! One 2-second glance and BAM! Downed… It lasts for about 3 minutes and can be held by all. 

2: The woodchopper: This build able is known for it's physics as it actually is best used when dropped down stairs, killing anything that gets caught in it. Super fun to use in grief. 

I like to think of traps with grief in mind. Hehe. I feel so evil.

Idea #1.

Parts: Tripod, satellite dish, battery, wires.

Acts like a mounted paralyzer turret. Doesn't oscillate like a sentry turret. (Only faces one direction.)

On players it acts like a guardian from multiplayer but without damaging. On zombies it acts like a paralyzer but kills more slowly.

Idea #2.

Parts: Cylindrical handle, Red Crystal, Batteries, Chip.

Makes a mini lightsaber that resembles a dagger (but, you know, with an energy blade.)

It breaks after 50 swings and you have to return to the parts' original locations to find new batteries to use it again. However it's a one hit kill until round 30 and doesn't occupy a weapon slot. (Replaces knife.)

Idea #3.

I'm not entirely sure what to say about this, but I really want a weapon whose effect changes based on how you build it. Imagine if there was only one staff on origins, and you swap out the heads to change it's element. Hmm. I wonder how it could be pulled off effectively.

Maybe like this.

Parts: generic gun part 1, generic gun part 2, generic gun part 3, Light crystal, Shadow crystal, Temporal crystal, Dimensional crystal.

You build the gun, and depending on which of the crystals you use it has a different effect. You can only choose ONE!

If you build it with the light crystal the gun shoots a ray of yellow white light to fry the zombies.

Shadow crystal, they are hit by a wave of black and purple and disintegrate.

Temporal crystal the zombies are hit by a ripple in space then age rapidly then turn into dust.

The dimensional crystal makes them get pulled through a rift.

After a certain amount of uses the gun breaks. Max Ammos don't affect it. You can rebuild it with a different crystal (or the same one) to try out new effects.

Sorry about the long post. :D

I always thought the idea in Land of the dead of using fireworks as an attention deterrent was great( one of the few good ideas in that movie haha). 

Gunpowder- first bag appears first round, and re appears the round after using fireworks, so no double uses from one player in one round, though all players can use it. 

Wick- Just a common item, found in one of four areas.

Colored wrappings/cartridge- Just a common item, found in one of four areas.

Launcher- A five slotted fireworks launcher (they're not as big as you would think) located in one of four areas. The best thing about this part is it's non breakable, you only find it once unless you swap it for another buildable, and it will spawn in the same place you found it.

Pros- Able to build and leave on ground( like tramplesteam) and activate anywhere in map through use of the down button on d-pad. The trigger will activate five fireworks that each catch the attention of zombies for fourty-five seconds, a total of three minutes and 45 seconds. The trigger can be pulled again to stop the next firework from being set off, so you can use the buildable up to five separate times if you like, or all five at once, however you see fit. It is also reloadable, but all parts will be consumed no matter how many more you load into it.

Almost instant help when facing a down.

Cons- You must build it yourself. All four players can have the FWL (fireworks launcher) at the same time, but must build it each on thier own. 

If you decide to stop the FWL before all five are used, a cooldown period is active before it can be picked up, or reloaded.

Standing near the FLW at launch will cause mild burn damage, as well as a concussion stun, don't stand near it.

It's not clipped- I hope I am using that term correctly, what I mean to say is, players and enimies will be able to walk through it as if it isn't there. This will keep it from being an unbreakable wall against the undead, as well to keep trolls from using it poorly.

The concussion effect given to players too close to the FWL would not effect enemies.

Now a quick summary.

The FWL would basically be the same as monkey bombs. The difference being, the FWL would do very little damage compared to monkey bombs, but its affect is triggered almost instantly, no wind up, pull back and throw, imagine the time it takes to push the trigger on the ballistic knife, around that fast.

The zombies are stopped in their tracks immediately by the enormous boom of the first firework, the sound is important because it's what makes them stop before the firework reaches the sky. .Then their attention is held by the random bursts of color, you are safe to kill or navigate freely until all five are finished, or until you stop the next detonation.

Not overly useful, but a great way to save yourself, or a way to safely revive a player. The buildable is also catered to the solo player, giving them time to recover perks mid round after going down. 

So...skyflowers, what do you think?

The L45-3R.

Parts: 

4x Irrodescent Prism Shard (scattered throughout the map, hard to find because they're clear but with a prism effect if the lights hits them just right)

1x Powered Crystal (will be easy to find, on a pedestal in starting room)

1x Buttons (hidden inside paintings around map, look like coins)

1x Wires (In PaP room)

How it works:

You do not ADS. Instead the weapon is held by the hip, it's heavy so you move like you would with the Paralyzer. If you press the trigger to ADS, the large rectangular prismatic colored glass will emit a green beam of lasers that spread out like a cone with the tip at the weapon's end. As the beams hit reflective surfaces, like tile floor, glass windows, mirrors, etc, the beams multiply. These beams do no damage and are just marker beams. 

When you fire with the weapon, you must have the ADS trigger held down. At that time, and as long as you hold the fire trigger, the weapon changes the beam color to red and will disintegrate anything in its path. Very effective if you maximize the number of beams by aiming at reflective surfaces. 

Ammunition:

At times you will be compelled to overuse such a beautiful killing device, but the Crystal cannot handle such abuse for long and it will overheat. When you hold the fire trigger too long, over 7.5 seconds, the gun will shake violently and turn bright red, too hot for the player to operate. You will be unable to use the L45-3R during this time. After 20 seconds of holding the weapon without using it, it will cool off and return to normal functionality. Note: If you switch weapons the cool-down will restart, just as a reload animation does.

This is a joke.

But, how about the Meowser?

A buildable Wonder Weapon that shoots out cats.

Shot into more than 10 zombies, it causes a burst of purple and loads of zombie cats run out of it.

Four parts-

Part 1-Broken Wunderwaffe.

Part 2-A Catapult (geddit? ;))

Part 3- Dead Cat. Or live cat, but it would be a bit cruel to kill a live one for the sake of a gun.

Part 4- A vial containing 115 and a weird purple liquid (much like the sliquifyer)

You don't build this gun, you put it into pap and it costs 5000, and it builds it for you.

It would look like the Wunderwaffe, but with a purplish tint.

@ Mocking me yeah... Like that. :D

@Eternal I made an idea for a special grenade years ago that reminds me of that. Let me see if I can find a link.

Great minds think alike.

Cat gun aside, I think inevitably we are going to see hellcats as an enemy eventually. Then 90% of the community will boycott the game.

I think in general they need to make a good buildables wonder weapon. I mean, the staffs were good, but not exactly high round material. I'm talking a classic one-hit-kill on any round gun. The sliquifier accomplished this, but was OP yet restrictive. It takes a while to kill, but you can kill 200 zombies in one shot. If the game could handle it, I think we need a gun along the lines of the thunder gun. More straight-forward. 1 shot = 24 kills. I don't have any specific ideas, but I think it needs to happen.

I can't see them bringing in hell cats myself. Wouldn't they be far too similar to the hounds?

Personally, I really hope they don't bring back WW buildables. All in all, I really didn't like buildables a huge amount, but as traps they were okay.

I'd sooner see buildables to change an environment. Imagine in order to progress the map, you'd have to build a makeshift ladder, or assemble stairs. What if you could corner off an area,  or re-build a wall.

Rather than weapons and traps, I'd love to see what else buildables could offer.

I always wanted the ability to close a door that was bought. Either to speed up training, or to just make an area easier to train. Maybe we can build something that changes the landscape like that?

And that is a good idea psychopath. Most of our buildables have faalen into the category of weapon or trap. We have had some exceptions with the turbine, power switch, PAP, and bus parts. Maybe we should expand our outlook to other types of buildables. But remember this, we want to bring new things to the game. Not change the game entirely and we don't want people thinking they HAVE to do it to play the game. You might not mind spending a minute or two to build something to help you but others want it simple.