New Tactical Ideas

I was just messing around in die rise trying to get the rgm2 from the box. After getting the ballistic knife for the umpteenth time, an idea came to me. What if when you shot the knife, you could teleport to where the knife landed. But we all know the PaP ballistic knife already has a secret ability. So what if instead, we had some sort of tactical grenade found in the box where when we threw it we would teleport directly to where it lands. If it landed in an area that would otherwise be inaccessible, then we would hear the familiar laugh from Samantha that plays when we throw a monkey out of bounds.

Would you guys like that idea for a tactical grenade?

Feel free to post any ideas you may have.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like someone's been playing dishonored...

Anyways how about these weapons: 

Linked circuit: A shock charge from multiplayer, throw it, and it will never go off, however, if one detonates it with the remote, it can teleport them. The issue being you have to be able to see the device to activate it. 

This isn't a tactical but it goes along with your ballistics knives topic. 

Tomahawk: Same as multiplayer you get it from the box and you can toss it at zombies and knife with it for 1 hit kill til round 5. Upgraded it turns into the hells retriever with the same melee effect as that of a Krauss refibulator. Making it so you can grab drops from afar. Double upgraded changes it to a hells redeemer.  

I like that idea of a tactical! Might be op in a way, like if you were about to get cornered you could throw it, and teleport away from trouble. But like throwing monkeys last minute, it could be risky, making it less op.

I'd love to see a teleport perk, where if someone went down, you could choose to teleport near them. The risk being any zombies would lose their grouping, so you'd need to kite or kill them pretty quick.

Unless you were in a closed room, its kind of hard to throw the tactical without it going out of bounds. If you are trapped the zombies will usually block a straight throw. If you jump straight up and throw you will be higher off the ground causing it to take longer to land meaning you are less likely to survive the zombies hitting you anyways.

I can see some great easter egg steps using this as a tactical. And it would probably be a great tool to revive, get out of tight spots, triverse the map, or even get to a drop that is about to disappear.

I could see a possible tomahawk item you can buy off the wall, I just dont think it would be a great idea to necessarily being back the retriever and redeemer. And placing down this tactical could be a good idea. Kind of reminds me of the time bomb.

I think it would be a little overpowered, unless there was a super small window for it to work, you could get good enough with it to shoot past a horde and bypass them completely.

It would be cool if you could get the knife, use it to kill and revive as usual. Or you could stick it in the ground where ever you want and lose it, but giving you a tactical insertion in case you bleed out, you get a guaranteed spot to respawn in instead of coming back to life in a bad spot.

Well if it was a throwable item, then you would probably have a max of 2. You could easily balance it out by making it have a slow throwing animation. Maybe the same amount of time that a gersch takes to throw?

Once you throw it you would have to wait for it to stop bouncing and find its resting place before you would teleport.

I really dont see this as overpowered at all.

I was just messing around in die rise trying to get the rgm2 from the box. After getting the ballistic knife for the umpteenth time, an idea came to me. What if when you shot the knife, you could teleport to where the knife landed. But we all know the PaP ballistic knife already has a secret ability. So what if instead, we had some sort of tactical grenade found in the box where when we threw it we would teleport directly to where it lands. If it landed in an area that would otherwise be inaccessible, then we would hear the familiar laugh from Samantha that plays when we throw a monkey out of bounds.

Would you guys like that idea for a tactical grenade?

I think it would work well as an addition to the Gersch device, as like an override ability.  So basically you prime and throw the gersch, and then once it lands it will start pulling the zombies in, but you can also press b or something to hit the override and then instead you would be teleported to where the device landed

just my silly little idea

Yeah I was also thinking of Ender Pearls. :D I personally love it, and think there's some serious trickshot potential there. Imagine someone going down at the bus depot while you're at the Diner. One good throw and they can be easily revived.

It could also work like a Hookshot from Zelda. You shoot out a hook on a spring loaded chain and it drags you to whatever surface it locks on to.

Or maybe like Farore's Wind. You drop it somewhere like a time bomb to set a warp location, and later you can activate it to warp to that location on command. Kinda like a time bomb but without turning back time. The only restriction is that it would likely be one time use.

Yeah I was also thinking of Ender Pearls. :D I personally love it, and think there's some serious trickshot potential there. Imagine someone going down at the bus depot while you're at the Diner. One good throw and they can be easily revived.

It could also work like a Hookshot from Zelda. You shoot out a hook on a spring loaded chain and it drags you to whatever surface it locks on to.

Or maybe like Farore's Wind. You drop it somewhere like a time bomb to set a warp location, and later you can activate it to warp to that location on command. Kinda like a time bomb but without turning back time. The only restriction is that it would likely be one time use.

Or visible by the player/in range. ;)

Yea once the idea came to my mind I thought how similar it was to the ender pearl. But it wasn't the other way around. I didn't see the ender pearl and then think how could that be put into zombies.

I don't exactly know the best way to implement this. It could be a tactical. It could be an addition to a new type of weapon.

Here are some different ways:

-In the shape of a flashbang. You would hit the tactical button and let it fly and when it hit the ground teleport their.

-Like the tactical grenade. You would leave it at a place and whenever you wanted to bring it up, push the down button and then go straight back that spot. (to balance you may have to make it visible. Maybe.)

-Maybe with a new weapon when pack a punched. Maybe we could have one of the lock-on launchers put in the box. When it is upgraded, after lock on, you will teleport to the locked on area along with an explosion.

And I just came up with another idea for a tactical. It would be similar to a smoke grenade, but it wouldn't release smoke, but the same stuff that is inside the vulture aid that makes zombies run away.

I really like that last idea.

I think honestly we need to think with portals.

If there were ever a portal mechanic in the game, it would be super OP if you could use it and zombies couldn't. So maybe zombies can only use it when following you through it. Still acts like a nice get-away and funnels zombies. Would also come in handy on spacious maps.

This should be come the "new tactical ideas" thread (plural)

How about a build able "Rift activator' A new tool in the form of a lock-on launcher for multiplayer. It has the ability to lock onto a "rift" on certain walls. You can only open two at a time, one receiving and one exiting. Sometimes the rifts turn into wall weapons to be picked up and used. Entering one portal, will transport you to the other. This is a POWERFUL tool, use it wisely. 

Ok, the rift idea is brilliant. Completely brilliant. But how about it has to have 2 players for it to work, you get two of them, it lasts for 5 rounds, and you get a new one every max ammo.

Edit: Didn't realise you meant it as a weapon, I'm kind of using it as a tactical grenade, like a semtex, that opened a rift. It sounds very much like something that next gen could do though.

Just a scenario. Imagine Nuketown (yes, clearly I'm obsessed), you and a friend are kiting in the both back gardens, you have a rift set up in both of the tightest spots in each garden (under the stairs maybe?). You've set up the other rift by the bus. Get into trouble- hop into the rift you pop out by the bus.

This thread is getting some seriously cool ideas.

But how about this one for tactical grenades- similar to the QED, but rather than anything coming out, what if it blows up, and the explosion is one of the blasts from a charged ultimate staff. So you could either get a whirlwind, ice whirlwind, lava blast or electrical bomb thingy. You'd only get two, and it would be like monkeys, get them every max ammo.

I've even named it- Wunder Bombenexplosion    (German for 'wonder bomb blast' according to google translate)

Ok, the rift idea is brilliant. Completely brilliant. But how about it has to have 2 players for it to work, you get two of them, it lasts for 5 rounds, and you get a new one every max ammo.

Edit: Didn't realise you meant it as a weapon, I'm kind of using it as a tactical grenade, like a semtex, that opened a rift. It sounds very much like something that next gen could do though.

Just a scenario. Imagine Nuketown (yes, clearly I'm obsessed), you and a friend are kiting in the both back gardens, you have a rift set up in both of the tightest spots in each garden (under the stairs maybe?). You've set up the other rift by the bus. Get into trouble- hop into the rift you pop out by the bus.

This thread is getting some seriously cool ideas.

But how about this one for tactical grenades- similar to the QED, but rather than anything coming out, what if it blows up, and the explosion is one of the blasts from a charged ultimate staff. So you could either get a whirlwind, ice whirlwind, lava blast or electrical bomb thingy. You'd only get two, and it would be like monkeys, get them every max ammo.

I've even named it- Wunder Bombenexplosion    (German for 'wonder bomb blast' according to google translate)

Nope not as a weapon, it's a build able, so it would go in the place of your shield or turbine. It does have a damage amount, but gives a certain amount of portals depending on the distance and amount of uses. 

It doesn't actually kill anything either, but rather just allows you to pass between point A and B  with ease. It can also be used to reach out of reach areas: 

Portal up onto a ledge that's too high, portal through a window instead of buying a door. 

OH!: One small crack in the floor, go prone, look through, fire your portal, go through: Secret area with hidden things ;)