New Ranking system/ Bank Idea.

As we all know, the BO2 bank idea is WAY too Op. And the Ranking system is just as crude… 

So I've found a way to kill two birds with one stone: 

There will now be 7 levels of ranks: 

Novice (1)  ----1 tic       Hand coming out of a grave symbol

Amateur (2) ---- 20 tics       Half a zombie out of a grave symbol

Vile (3) ---- 100 tics         Zombie at a window symbol

Murderer (4) --- 500 tics, and a 5 day streak            Head symbol

Mad man (5) ---750 tics, and a 7 day streak            Knife-in-head symbol

Bloodlust (6)--- 950 tics, and a 10 day streak            No-head symbol

Thing of destruction (7) 1150 ticks, a 10 day streak and total mastery collection.         Teddy bear symbol. 

-Streaks: Days in a row played, only need to be done once, one can tell your streak via the color of the symbol's glow: Orange: 1-3 days, red: 4-5 days, blue: 6-8 days, yellow: 9 or more. 

Each of these levels depict just how good of a player you are, via tick marks: A tick mark is awarded every game you play, and two for every VS game you win, however you lose a tick for every: 

-game you lose in VS. 

-time you go down more then once every 100 kills. (meaning every 100 kills makes you gain an extra down, so people who go down early for stupid reasons have a chance to redeem themselves before leaving, at the start of the game, you're allowed to go down twice, after the third down, you loose that tick, unless you can gain 100 kills, in which case you get your tick back. 

-you lose the tick you earn in a game if you quit, or disconnect,  those who don't quit maintain their ticks. 

-USING THE BANK in a game also deducts a tick mark. However you can still store money in there, you just can't take it out. 

Needless to say, those with real skill will rise above those who don't… 

Now, you may ask yourself: Why would anyone play then? They could just get a kill, down themselves and rank up that way: Simple: The game doesn't reward you if you don't last at least 10 rounds on a normal survival mode. Likewise, players who get to 500 kills are rewarded with another tick. And a 3rd+ tick for every 500 head shots. Also every easter egg completed rewards 2 ticks. 

The bank: 

Now for the bank: The bank is not only to be used in case you A: Join a game (in which case you are allowed to remove a certain number of points baked on the round), Or B: want to complete an easter egg (if completed your bank-use deduction is null as well). It's also used to customize your other what-nots. Allowing one to change out your weapons, outfit in mini-game modes (grief, survival,ect.), and even help finance your friends! 

For those who disapprove of this: Imagine the quotes: 

Samuel: "I don't know why but I have the FUNNIEST suspicion that you're going to use this money to buy SOMEONE ELSE a HAT!"

Masters:

As you progress through the game, your stats will actually help determine what KIND of player you are, there are 6 types: 

Medic: 1000 Revives,

Juicer: drink 1000 perks

Warrior: 100,000 kills 

Champion: Win 500 matches of VS game modes.

Hot shot: over 10,000 head shots

Agent: Complete all the main easter eggs available at the time. 

Every time you earn a "mastery" a small star will appear around the border alongside your name. Having all 6, along side 1150 ticks, and a 10 day streak, will award you with the highest rank in zombies. 

So recap

-Bank is more focused on being used specifically for doing easter eggs, and collecting customizations. Not for actually improving gameplay… With the ability to hold a infinitely strong ww again, we shouldn't need the bank anymore for gameplay either. 

-Ranking system now focuses more on HOW a player plays and less on K-D ratio and "When" someone goes down… 

Tell me your thoughts!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been on the fence on the bank, I love the fridge and hope they keep it, but the bank can make the game easier and discredits your achievements.

For me, if you made it to round 80 by using a bank or not then I am impressed, you may not have made it that far without spending 20k on the box to get a mark two or whatever weapon you like, but the same could be said for using the box in general. Do you discredit someone who goes into high rounds with a Thundergun or Wunderwaffe? I don't.

Please don't take it as a rant because it's not, but as far as the bank goes, if they are going to start splitting up leader boards, or rewarding/punishing you for using it, then I think it would just be a better idea to remove it all together. I have never been a fan of the leaderboards to begin with, like with most games, usually the top 50-100 players have at least half of the players getting that high by using exploits, so I mainly focus on my Friends filter on the leaderboards and try to stay on top of that list. If they start adding separate brackets for modes and how they are played then I just see a giant mess but that's just me I could be wrong, usually am haha.

I sort of like your idea though on what I think you were describing, it might work but then all that is going to do is create more exclusion for the people who just lack skill but want to get better, not to mention people just have bad weeks or days. I remember when people started getting the shotgun rank, on the activision forums people were looking for help with easter eggs and high rounds, but would only take shotgun ranks....just silly to me.

The main problem with any ranking system is that it just doesn't suit zombies until the modes and leaderboards are somewhat split.

You have put a lot of effort into this Mr Mocking, and to me it does make sense.

Ranking is always a funny topic.  You have high rounds, first rooms and challenges as the main components of zombies.

High round players by default will always get the highest rank.....low downs, lots of kills and high rounds.

First room players and challenge players will always get screwed on any ranking system, unless Treyarch makes different modes.

People protecting ranks is rife.....IMO playing the same game over and over again, always going for say round 50 and above is incredibly boring.  The way to spice this up is with challenges, which destroys your rank.

I know people who haven't got shotguns, and never will on BO2 who are better than 99.99% of the shotguns out there.  

Unless Treyarch introduce new modes which encourage people to play the game in ways without worrying about their ranking, it will always be a flawed system.

How hard would it be to introduce custom leaderboards?  Doors not buyable for instance starts first room mode.  Power not available starts no power mode.

I'd love the idea of being able to lock down particular areas but it just wouldn't work.

If we are going to split leaderboards, survival, first room and no power are easy to do with minimal effort for developers; but maximum results to the more hardcore zombie player who couldn't give a .... what their rank is.  It would mean that you could have 3 different ranks across the modes, or just one rank for survival which would be my preferred option.

Actually, my preferred option would be ranking for all 3 modes I suggested, but can imagine that it would be too much like hard work for Treyarch to do this, as it would involve creating 2 new systems....when they flunked the only one they have done before.  Just adding no doors and no power as a mode, would make a world of difference.

Or how about this: 

Daily pre-set challenges like in Jetpack Joyride (fantastic game BTW) 

Each of these challenges, if completed, on the days they're ripe for doing nullifies all the ticks lost (save the bank one) and instead gives you a tick for playing this special way:  

Here are a few challenges:

-Survive to round 10 without opening any doors. 

-Survive to round 10 without touching the power switch. 

-Survive 5 rounds without spending any points. 

-Use 10 traps in a game.

-Play an entire game, past round 10 where you can only purchase weapons from the box.

-Play an entire game, past round 10 where you can only purchase weapons from the wall.

-Play a game of grief using ??? weapon/clothing item/permaperk/ start pistol

-Earn 10000 points without using the bank.

-Kill 10 zombies with one wonder weapon shot. 

-Fill all four of the soul chests (adds 4 soul chests into the game) 

-Survive to round 5 using nothing but melee kills. 

-Collect 10 nukes

-Collect 10 carpenters

-Obtain a fire sale, but do not hit the box. 

-Leave a PAPed weapon in the PAP. 

-Survive a whole game past round 15 using nothing but your starter pistol and the weapon in your locker. 

-Obtain the maximum amount of perks on a map.

-Survive without perks for 10 rounds. 

-Acquire the Ray gun, don't fire it, and put it back in the box. 

I see why you sent me here mocking, my threads quite similar for the ranking aspects. I do love that part of it.

But I still wouldn't mind seeing the bank go or stay, I'm not convinced that you should have your rank go down from using it, but I totally get where you're coming from.

Would a hugely lower cap on the bank work, like you could only store a max of 20000 points in it?

Also, you can lose a lot more ticks than gain them, what if you had the challenges that you've made (which are totally epic, love that idea) and for every one you get a tick, but if you complete 10 challenges you get an extra 10 ticks?

Just if it's only one tick per game (I'm not that gone on vs), I'd have say 3-5 games a night, so that's a max of 5 ticks a day.

5 days a week I'd play, so that's 25 ticks a week. That's 46 weeks before I get to max rank? I'm not anti that, just seems a long time for players to get to max rank. I mean it could be even longer if I have long games.

PS. That sounds like a direct quote from Samuel, it's brilliant.

No, you forget, depending on your gaming ability you can make extra points, so, in actuality, it would take a person who plays a good 5 games  past 500 kills about 12 ticks a day: 

-Reward games: 5 ticks (two for playing three for awards) 

-Normal game: 2 ticks (for surviving long enough) 

-Normal game: 2 ticks again

-Easter egg game: 3 ticks (one extra for EE) 

So 14 ticks a day, for 5 days a week, that's  70 ticks a week. And from there about 16.4-17 weeks to accomplish given there be no foul. 

Plus don't forget Double XP weekends. ;)

And concidering that there will be plenty of customizable things to focus players on with their bank moneys. They hurt them selves real bad should they use the bank: 

-Less money to help with purchasing of customs

-rank...

But I guess it's a bit harsh now, perhaps if you remove over 2000 from the bank it deducts a tic. That way you can use the bank twice, maintain your rank, and still have enough for your customization. 

I like the idea of being able to store more with a higher rank. What if you could spend money on upgrading your weapons locker too? Ooh I like the ideas going on in this thread, nice and juicy hahah

We need some kind of "save game on this round" feature because there's been so many games cut short because of d/c issues or people needing to leave.

Well there's a good and a bad side to that idea of yours:

While paying to upgrade your bank is a pretty good idea, all it means is the more you play the more money you can take from your bank, on an average game and more time waisted in purchasing extra space just so you can put more money in it. 

It simply becomes tedious, and it effects gameplay, which I am against. You can change gameplay and what your chances are, but 100% defiantly holding more money in the bank for each game would mean unfairness between players.

Now, on the other hand being able to increase the amount of money you could take before gaining a penalty (-1 tic) from 500 to 1000 to 1500 to 2000 to 2500 to 3000 max, is totally fair, as it still allows the same even gameplay, but helps you rank up faster for purchasing the upgrade. ;)

I love your ranking system. Although it may need some tweeks I feel like you put some time into thinking of this and its nicely well balanced with objectives that give/take away tally marks as well as how youve put everything together and also the emblems you chose for ranks. For the bank i just dont know honestly, i have mixed feelings about a bank all together so i wont really comment on that. I agree there should be at least some kind of penalty for using the bank especially if youre on round 1 and go and get racked up to about 60,000 points right off that bat its just not right.

• 1 month later...

I love your ranking system. Although it may need some tweeks I feel like you put some time into thinking of this and its nicely well balanced with objectives that give/take away tally marks as well as how youve put everything together and also the emblems you chose for ranks. For the bank i just dont know honestly, i have mixed feelings about a bank all together so i wont really comment on that. I agree there should be at least some kind of penalty for using the bank especially if youre on round 1 and go and get racked up to about 60,000 points right off that bat its just not right.

It's regulated: Those who do take out all the moneys every game actually get de-ranked, as opposed to one who only deposits or goes without. 

I like the idea of being able to store more with a higher rank. What if you could spend money on upgrading your weapons locker too? Ooh I like the ideas going on in this thread, nice and juicy hahah

We need some kind of "save game on this round" feature because there's been so many games cut short because of d/c issues or people needing to leave.

OOH! But here's an idea, what if certain clothing items aren't unlocked until one reaches a higher rank? ;) There we go!