Stay Away from my P.P.

Had a game with three randoms last weekend on Der Riese. Once we reached the Thompson room I never left, unless to grab perks and such. In random lobbies, it's like marking your territory, this is my personal property. Except for seemingly hitting the box for ten minutes every round, the four of us got along fine. Round 25 one starts to constantly running thru my property a few times a round. From the trap he would head straight for the steps, leaving me vulnerable meeting his train while still dealing with mine. I turned the trap on a few times to warn him such move may have consequences, yet he got away every time and took it as a declaration of war. Eventually I got downed from dealing with him. I messaged him in between rounds to stay away, yet he kept on coming. I finally ended game on 31 with my second down out of frustration with him. Afterwards received negative messages from other randoms for my actions.

A few weeks back similar thing happened on Ascension where I started at MPL, flushed to PAP, flushed again and had to camp at MP5.

Why do people no longer regard other people's properties anymore? It used to be loud and clear if you claim a certain territory others would respect your privacy unless no choice.

A message to randoms: Stay away from my personal property!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such thing as personal property, especially playing with random, especially with no mic. I always assume the worst in that case.

Agreed. Unless you actually negotiate where you are training on a map before hand, then nowhere on the map belongs to anyone. I am a fair and honest player, but when I play with people who try to claim spots on the map as there own without giving notification, or get rude about it, I just grief them till they go down and bleed out, then rage quit.

At the end of the day, it is nice to be nice. If someone wants a spot in a map, they are welcome to it, but just as long as they say they are taking it and don't just assume it is their given right to have it in the first place. I always take the leftover spots after everyone else is set up and found their spot, so I don't mind letting people take whatever spot they want.

The world would be a much better place if everyone plays as gentle as you guys.  I understand I could have handled it with a little more class.

As both of you mentioned, if a certain place has been occupied, the classy thing to do is to find another place to train.  I had certainly expected others to respect that, especially since his actioned had caused unnecesary downs, and came close to a few others.

Perhaps I could have worded things better.

Ehh on der reise, at least if we were playing It would be a bad spot. Upgraded thompson is always a go to weapons in late rounds for myself. I always hate when people run that room but it is what it is. Your other example I agreed but the pap area is always a pain because someones always feels the need to upgrade mid round.

Personally if its stated at the beginning and everyone is cool with it then yeah. But if its a random games, then that really cant be expected. Honestly I hate playing with those that gaurd their spot. Usally becomes their go to argument of why they went down. Ive been yelled at becuase I came too close and caused them to go down. Most cases Ive been clear on my mic I have to go that way, and most times I dont go right to them for the chance of running into their hoard and both going down.

One might argue that it's not cool to claim an area as yours, which is true enough. But still, regardless of the person's mindset, you never run through someone's train! I'm not saying it's that person's express property, but it's just common courtesy.

It boils down to the classic notion that randoms have no courtesy or zombies etiquette.

I would never go as far as to claim an area as my own, and would probably let someone take an area if they asked nicely. But if they just run through, you bet your ass they aren't getting their hands on my PP.

Edit: I thought of a good analogy.

So you're driving down the highway and someone in another lane tries to merge. So they put on their blinker and just start coming over. You're like woah woah buddy what are you doing? I wasn't ready for that! Just because you put your blinker on doesn't mean it's alright to just start coming into my lane! Well it's not MY lane, but I mean I was here! If you try to come over we might crash.

I'd like to thank the academy.

Great analogy, EJ. 

That's exactly what this boils down to: Communication.

As EJ states the blinker is a form of communication, saying, "I intend on merging."

In zombies, this could be done through the mic, i.e "I need to grab Mule Kick, coming in your room."

Of course, had there been a mic in your situation, Jay, disaster and frustration could have been avoided or at the very least lessened.

This is why I only play in random lobbies when all participants have a mic. In those rare instances where I'm trollarched into a match with no mics, I sternly announce my intentions for the map and look for visual confirmation from the other players. I will speak and get in their face, sometimes in between them and their window and say something like, "Knife at me if you agree and understand."

If I get no response, I leave. If they agree and then later betray me, I grief them, then leave. So many times, I've gone down and bled out due to someone being a douche and not respecting my PP. Those matches I make fun by exacting my revenge on their face. In your case, I would have spammed the trap until I caught the bastard, dispatched his train, then teabagged him.

There is no such thing as personal property, especially playing with random, especially with no mic. I always assume the worst in that case.

You said it, on der riese I usually also run the thompson room, or the furnace room. While everyone should have their respective areas to run/train, it doesn't mean someone else can't go there at all. Now if someone shows up and decides not to leave, I would consider that wrong, but to preserve the game I would probably just found another spot.

Ending the game probably wasn't good either because usually players that disrupt the flow of gameplay end up down and that is where payback comes into effect, I would rather leave someone to bleed out and hope for them to quit, than end the game for everyone.

I prepare for people in that room to come run through just because most people leave the alley closed and have to get juggernog by running past the electric bridge, but I play with mics so there is at least a callout beforehand.