How do you feel about Zombies now releasing in 2015 instead of this year?

While Origins may have more things to do, it's always the same, you will always have the same objectives, and even if you choose to not complete them, there isn't much else you can do. I get SUPER bored with the Easter egg (Which or anyone that knows me, is REALLY hard) and often just quit after it. 

Moon on the other hand let you play differently every game: This game I'll take the hacker and do these things, these things and these things. Or these things, these things, and these things...

Basically the hacker allowed for more options then origin's: Do this or don't… 

Also buried was really repayable, a lot more then transit, bus depot, or farm. 

Also Sledge hammer was on the MW3 project….It's not going to be grand… 

What you said is really weird... So you can choose not to do something, but it's still the same game in origins, and you could chose not to do something in moon and it's totally different? That doesn't really make sense.

To be honest, there isn't all that much to do in moon either. The only replayability difference I see is NML. The hacker barely changes anything, it can make things cheaper or give people points, that's pretty much it's gameplay dynamic. Not something truly game-changing. Don't get me wrong, I love moon, but it's pretty much stay in the biodome and see how long your guns can last. Origins is more fun with it's openness, and you truly feel screwed if you get swarmed, a panzer arrives, and the robot all at the same time. 

I'll go by your argument. Say you chose not to do all the staves. You only feel like one, or even none. You can choose any to spice up gameplay. Same basic argument you have with the hacker.

Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hacker barely changes anything, it can make things cheaper or give people points, that's pretty much it's gameplay dynamic. Not something truly game-changing. Don't get me wrong, I love moon, but it's pretty much stay in the biodome and see how long your guns can last.

The hacker changes everything on Moon. You can hack ANY wall weapon and build a strategy around that. Also, the biodome strategy is ridiculously slow and boring.

Moon has just the same (if not more) strategies you can use to get to high rounds fast if you just look for them. The best one for 4 players is to go through Tunnel 11 instead of 6, leaving the door from tunnel 6 to spawn closed then you can have all 4 players camp in the MPL room using Gersch to pass through the later rounds with ease (hacking every perk drop to get another Max Ammo). Much faster than training in the biodome. There is plenty of others too. Tunnel 11 strat is fast, and works just as well with 2 players.

Point being, if you train in the biodome it will be slow, as would it be if you trained in the crazy place. Moon can be good if you look for different places to hold up. If you want to train, then there is still plenty of options outside of the biodome to use.

I personally prefer Moon to Origins myself, but I agree training the biodome is boring.

(hacking every perk drop to get another Max Ammo). 

I completely forgot this could happen. That alone changes things. Hacking weapons similarly can change things, but it's only a point thing, thus I don't consider it game changing. 

But really, the biodome is the only viable option if you want to survive long and aren't amazing at zombies. It's too easy to die in other areas (I do NOT enjoy being in enclosed places in zombies, and moon is rampant with them), and tbh I actually do find the biodome to be fun on the occasions I do play moon due to the jumping things (name escapes me...). Camping or being in another area are no better in speed, it's just it's much easier to die anywhere else so the intensity is increased, but still either a train or sitting in a corner waiting to die because of the close quarters. Keep in mind, this is just from my experience, I don't think it's universal. Clearly you can survive in close quarters. I can't very well. Hence why I like origins, very open (I still love moon, though).

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the thing.  I know we're all big zombies fans.  And I know the popularity of the zombies mode.  But they will not make a Zombies only game or a Zombies only DLC.  Period. 

The reason is obvious.  Money.  They spend their money on all of this content and they want you to buy it.  They aren't going to give you a cheaper alternative to only give you what you want and they aren't going to work harder to get more content out for only one group.  Just not going to happen sadly.  

I do believe that Treyarch has more time to make a good game.  Hopefully that is seen in what comes out of this three year cycle.  If their game looks just like any other Call of Duty game, it'll be hard to convince me to get it.  They have a longer time to add in more content and create more innovative ideas.  I want to see some innovation.

Now, I will say that Zombies needs to be thoroughly evaluated.  I really don't know many people who enjoyed Black Ops 2 zombies.  It was a disappointment overall, especially after the success of Black Ops Zombies.  So it will be really interesting to see what they do.  I stick to the idea that Moon was their beatiful letdown.  I say that because it was a beautiful map that was a lot of fun and left fans on edge of "what's going to happen now?", but it also left us in a conundrum of what you could do with the next game and led to the locations of subpar things like TranZit and Die Rise, etc.

I'm really hoping for great things.  I would love to see a Maxis Edition and a Richtofen Edition of the game which you could preorder based on which side you chose in BOII.  That game would come with a certain map based on your choosing.  The other edition's map would come first day DLC that you could download for free.

Problem with this is that there are thousands upon thousands (probably 100's of thousands) of people who buy the game but don't buy any dlc.  There really are people that are practically unaware of the storyline as well.  Tons of people have never completed any of the easter eggs.   And Richtofen and Maxis weren't even playable characters in the on disc map on BO2.  This is another type of zombies only game or zombies only dlc situation, where it doesnt make any sense to market preorders based on zombies characters when so much of the community doesnt particularly care about zombies

In Black Ops Zombies iOS, there was a Save & Quit feature. If you had activated the song before doing this, than loaded up saved game, the music would start playing. Every time you loaded the saved game. It was awesome.

For people who get annoyed, honestly, they should just mute the TV, or turn the music option down. No offense Boom. There would probably be a time/round limit before you can reactivate it.

or better yet just make it so that whoever activates the song is the only one to hear it, but in addition, everyone can activate it.

Yes.. Yes they can…. 

I think Technics was meaning they can't f*ck up or there will be no excuses, not that they can't f*ck up in general. I think we all know that they obviously CAN mess up the game mode. They pretty much did with BO2.

This is all very flawed thinking.  Just having extra time doesn't mean anything.  they're going to make the game, and we;re going to buy it.  Then we'll all druel over the things we like, and bitch about the things we don't.  rinse repeat for every cod release lol

• Administrators

Very true, think about when you were/are in school. You are assigned a huge project but it’s not due for three months. Do you: A) Get to work on the project right away, work out the small details, and relax. Or B) Wait until the week before and cram as much as you can as fast as you can. The answer is always B. :lol:

This is all very flawed thinking.  Just having extra time doesn't mean anything.  they're going to make the game, and we;re going to buy it.  Then we'll all druel over the things we like, and bitch about the things we don't.  rinse repeat for every cod release lol

That may be true, but World at War & Black Ops 1 zombies were considered good by the masses, where as Black Ops 2 zombies was considered poor by a large portion of the community and would be considered a failure, so I think our feelings towards BO2 and the future of the series should not be dismissed as a "rinse & repeat" affair.

For the sake of their jobs, they really should take on board the grievances we had regarding BO2. Ghosts was proof that the Call of Duty franchise is finally starting to fail and BO2 zombies also proved that zombies is starting to head that way too.

If they think they can just churn out any old trash and we will buy it, then they will soon learn that is not the case. CoD has been pretty good for a few years now but it is started to look old, and people are getting bored.

I don't think it is as simple as just expecting us to buy it on name alone.

No amount of time will make them psychic and able to predict the hormonal ravings of the fanatics. They will do the best they can. And if it turns out that they get an extra year to work on it (don't give me that crap about "confirmed"), then the game will have one year's worth of work added onto the game. Simple as that.

What hurt them with BO2 wasn't that they didn't live up to our standards. Its that they didn't live up to their own. They were really ambitious and wanted to try new things, which I'll give them credit for. But the final product we got on the disk felt very unfinished, like they ran out of time. They talked up Tranzit as this great accomplishment before the game came out. It was a campaign/story mode, it was a huge map "150 times" larger than any other map, you had to "earn some of the new areas" of the map, new custom options for games, and a few other things. What we got was a map that had limited perks, half the buildables were a waste, lots of bugs and glitches, very limited custom options, no ability to select a 2-3 player game in the menu and have it count, and the survival maps were simply sections of the main map unchanged, closed off, and some perk machines and wall weapons added. That would be like BO1 giving us Kino as a story map and than letting us select a survival map thats only the actual theater room. They should have changed something to make those survival maps feel like their own map. A new obstacle, new doors opened, a new perk not in Tranzit, a Wonder Weapon, a pre bombed setting. Something to give it its own character.

And as far as story went, we actually got less than the previous games. In BO1, we had interesting EEs that gave us new info each map, hidden radios that gave us more info, maps with locations that were relevant to the story, the ability to save EEs like CotD's and Shangri La's, which were needed for Moon, and we even got hidden files on the game to find out some more info, like the Majestic 12 stuff. So what was in BO2 that made it a story/campaign mode that was different from BO1. Instead of doing 1 well thought out EE, we got to choose between two boring ones with basically the same ending, and we got 1 TV  on two of the maps that gave us the audio story. MotD and Origins had more story in those maps than the other three combined. Because the locations of those maps mattered to their story and because the EEs actually unfolded a story. 

Not saying BO2 is a bad game at all, but it seemed like Treyarch was trying and testing too many things, and instead of letting some of the new things be a surprise, they talked them up. And each one of those things in BO2 didn't live up to the hype they gave it. If they would have made a big deal out of Dead Ops for BO1, it would have been a disappointment. Instead it was a nice surprise that added to two strong and different survival maps. One of the biggest signs that the developers were unfocused was a couple of months after the games release, Jimmy Z was trying to tell someone over twitter how to play a 2 player game and have it count on the leaderboards. There was no way without getting people to drop or dropping out controllers. An indication that maybe they do need the extra year to polish their product since they clearly were missing things in BO2. So I'm hoping that the extra year can at least allow them to take that same ambition they had with BO2, take what they learned from experimenting with the Multiplayer engine this year, and focus on the game more and figure out what will work best and make sure it works the way it should. If we are indeed not getting zombies this year. 

• 1 month later...

Think about it , zombies could be improved. Look at GTA , every 4 or 5 years their game comes out. GTA 5 made 1 billion $ in three days. Their games and graphics are amazing. compare it with 4 or SA their graphics are improving (graphics = zombies).This installment of zombies could be improved grief/turned could be improved , new game modes and fun maps. I may be mad at SH for making this year's game but it is worth the wait.

Alpha out

• Administrators

They at least acknowledge the polls, they can't go wrong… But.. they will… 

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but what leads you to believe that they acknowledge these threads? I think that is giving them a bit too much credit for community interest. All 3A staff that held accounts here at one time have been inactive for years. It's good to keep your hopes up but eeesh.

• Moderators

They at least acknowledge the polls, they can't go wrong… But.. they will… 

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but what leads you to believe that they acknowledge these threads? I think that is giving them a bit too much credit for community interest. All 3A staff that held accounts here at one time have been inactive for years. It's good to keep your hopes up but eeesh.

Only because they don't log in doesn't mean they don't look at this site anymore.