How do you feel about Zombies now releasing in 2015 instead of this year?

No no… as much as we all love zombies, a full zombies game is out of the question for now. Too many people buy the games strictly for the multiplayer and not enough buy it for the zombies, don' t get me wrong a LOT of people get it for the zombies. But MP still is a main factor, you take that away and you loose profit. Then what does trayarch do? They loose money… 

Later on, when the zombies franchise has come to a close, by all means go out with a bang. Trayarch will make profit off it if they don't plan to make any more games, but if they do they should save to "juxtapose" it all together for the best effect. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the way they could do it if they did make an all zombies game is instead of the typical zombies (dont get me wrong i love zombies) they could make typical zombies with a story like dead rising or dead island.

Then a muliplayer only game would carry on the story of black ops with woods etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for more than one zombie map on release.  Not like Tranzit + 3 copy/paste maps (those don't count as REAL maps imo).  If we're waiting an extra year I'd expect AT LEAST 3 unique maps.  I think they need to not work so hard on the story and focus on making the maps better.  Story/easter-egg is great and all but does it really matter? I've said this a hundred times but..  stop making the maps "The biggest map yet!!".  Quality small/medium unique map > Poorly made "Biggest map yet!!" that was designed around the easter-egg.

On another note, grief mode was a great idea, but it needed A LOT of work.  Hopefully they'll improve it.

I'm hoping for more than one zombie map on release.  Not like Tranzit + 3 copy/paste maps (those don't count as REAL maps imo).  If we're waiting an extra year I'd expect AT LEAST 3 unique maps.  I think they need to not work so hard on the story and focus on making the maps better.  Story/easter-egg is great and all but does it really matter? I've said this a hundred times but..  stop making the maps "The biggest map yet!!".  Quality small/medium unique map > Poorly made "Biggest map yet!!" that was designed around the easter-egg.

On another note, grief mode was a great idea, but it needed A LOT of work.  Hopefully they'll improve it.

They will have 2 maps on release, just like in Bo1, and 2 with extra game modes. 

Also :facepalm:  the storyline needs a LOT of work, at least the amount of work as BO1. 

However less emphasis on the easter egg is a must. They should have the first map maybe, focus on it, but the rest need to be kept secret, and hidden. 

REAL radios need to come back…. 

Gameplay is going to be improved regardless. It's just a fact. People play games for more things to entertain them. End of story. So we need not worry about the gameplay… 

Also :facepalm:  the storyline needs a LOT of work, at least the amount of work as BO1. 

However less emphasis on the easter egg is a must. They should have the first map maybe, focus on it, but the rest need to be kept secret, and hidden.

After seeing origins I don't think we have much to worry about story wise. I think it proved that they have learnt how to balance small EE such as radios, posters, codes and hidden scraps of paper with the main side quest. As regards to "Real radios" what is wrong with the radios in origins?

I would personally prefer even more focus on the smaller stuff but I would be happy to see a balance on the level of origins throughout our next zombies installment

They will have 2 maps on release, just like in Bo1, and 2 with extra game modes. 

Gameplay is going to be improved regardless. It's just a fact. People play games for more things to entertain them. End of story. So we need not worry about the gameplay… 

I'd be fine with having NO story if it mean't a better map.  I think Der Riese had the prime level of story-line; VERY subtle; you had to look for individual clues and piece it together to figure out what happened. 

Ugg origins storyline was horribly dealt with. 

While the maxis backstory of the multiple radios was nice, the annoying girl screaming to do the easter egg in your ear, the fact the map was built around the easter egg, and the horrible ending cutscene made me LIVID…  :angry:

Ignoring the ending for now, I would agree that the origins story may not have been my favorite either but what I am focusing on is the way in witch it was delivered. I feel that if the go back to the story in the main "Dimension" (or start a new story or whatever they decided to do) and continue to tell us it in the same way they did in origins I would be happy

I'd be fine with having NO story if it mean't a better map.  I think Der Riese had the prime level of story-line; VERY subtle; you had to look for individual clues and piece it together to figure out what happened.

Although game-play and map design is important, the story has become such a large part of zombies and I feel has largely contributed to it's continued success and I think a lot of people would have a problem with a map without story even if it was a lot of fun to play. They should have to time and resources to work on both

I still think we should have an EE and a story, but it should be really difficult to work out how to do it.

But at the same time, I think (personal opinion based off of most of my friends list) that for most zombie players, it's the gameplay that makes people play the game. The story for the majority of players is totally overlooked. People will do the EE, but that's as far as most players give a hoot about.

Myself, I'm more about the weapons, and occult/supernatural side of things. I love how treyarch can wrap totally fabricated ideas, into a realistic(ish) setting.

My ideal zombies game/map=

New storyline with new characters, but with constant references to the O4/ old storyline.l, but set in WW1/WW2. A ton of new weapons, not just wonderweapons, but grenades/tacticals too. some new perks. A easter egg with hardly any clues, but could be completed with 2 players. As I've written this, I've actually forgotten things I originally wanted, I'll edit it if I remember.

On a different note, maybe I should make a different thread for this one, but I had an idea for a different storyline a while back. What if you had a parallel group to 935, but working on very similar projects. The other group know of everything Richtofen and 935 are doing. This is where it could get messy, but I'll continue.

So like moon, we could have a load of maps leading up to a grand finale, but because of the new groups Intel, they are able to stop Richtofen before the events of moon, re-writing zombies events. BO2 may never have happened.

This wasn't meant to be a big post, just a quick one, but nevermind!

The way Origins had it was nice. The audio logs, the little hidden notes, the deciphering. But Samantha constantly talking is a big no-no. The audio logs I would've liked to have been hidden better, Kino did it nice with the one in the chandelier up high, and the one outside the map. TranZit, Die Rise and Buried SHOULD have had these little things to find. It should be a requirement in every single map to have little things like that to find.

I think Ascension did it right with the faint sound always being around the easter egg step. But that was it, and you figured it for yourself. I wonder what caused the first person to discover the easter egg, to throw the Gersch Device out of the map. It's the things like that I liked.

The music eggs have always been good with their 3 spots thing. I like they're including more than one song at times. Would like to see that more. Heck, the other song doesn't have to be an actual song, just an instrumental or short piece like Undone or Samantha's Lullaby.

• Administrators

Thats what I couldn't remember last night, the musical easter eggs! I'd love one that you could replay, you might have to do something like a challenge to get it to recharge, but I'd love to be able to hear the song several times!

I always thought a juke box funtion would be a nice idea. However, if there is a song I dislike and a youngster in the lobby is constantly playing it. I would imagine that I would become irratated pretty quickly.

In Black Ops Zombies iOS, there was a Save & Quit feature. If you had activated the song before doing this, than loaded up saved game, the music would start playing. Every time you loaded the saved game. It was awesome.

For people who get annoyed, honestly, they should just mute the TV, or turn the music option down. No offense Boom. There would probably be a time/round limit before you can reactivate it.

Here's the thing.  I know we're all big zombies fans.  And I know the popularity of the zombies mode.  But they will not make a Zombies only game or a Zombies only DLC.  Period. 

The reason is obvious.  Money.  They spend their money on all of this content and they want you to buy it.  They aren't going to give you a cheaper alternative to only give you what you want and they aren't going to work harder to get more content out for only one group.  Just not going to happen sadly.  

I do believe that Treyarch has more time to make a good game.  Hopefully that is seen in what comes out of this three year cycle.  If their game looks just like any other Call of Duty game, it'll be hard to convince me to get it.  They have a longer time to add in more content and create more innovative ideas.  I want to see some innovation.

Now, I will say that Zombies needs to be thoroughly evaluated.  I really don't know many people who enjoyed Black Ops 2 zombies.  It was a disappointment overall, especially after the success of Black Ops Zombies.  So it will be really interesting to see what they do.  I stick to the idea that Moon was their beatiful letdown.  I say that because it was a beautiful map that was a lot of fun and left fans on edge of "what's going to happen now?", but it also left us in a conundrum of what you could do with the next game and led to the locations of subpar things like TranZit and Die Rise, etc.

I'm really hoping for great things.  I would love to see a Maxis Edition and a Richtofen Edition of the game which you could preorder based on which side you chose in BOII.  That game would come with a certain map based on your choosing.  The other edition's map would come first day DLC that you could download for free.

Now, I will say that Zombies needs to be thoroughly evaluated.  I really don't know many people who enjoyed Black Ops 2 zombies.  It was a disappointment overall, especially after the success of Black Ops Zombies.

I liked Black Ops 2 Zombies more than its predecessor. I was there at its release and was there to buy each map pack the day it came out. And I played each map when it came out and enjoyed it (except Buried, that got boring in 3 days). I admit in retrospect that some maps are not as good as others... but each map is very different, and I feel like each was an experiment for Treyarch. I'm confident that if they decide to continue making Zombies, that the lessons learned in BO2 will help Treyarch to make the next one better.

I disagree with you completely. 

I too was only here for the release of moon, not anything before. Still 100 times the game "origins" was. 

Buried is probably the most re-playable map of them all if you play it right… 

Your going to tell me die rise is any different then transit? OR that MOTD is any different then origins…. Same vibes=the same.

The lessons learned from the failures of BO2 will instruct trayarch further to not doing their own thing, but to LISTEN to the community. WE know what we want in the next game, trayarch only has their graphs and charts about what is "promoter positive". If they continue the way their going we're going to be getting zombie maps starring: 

Ranni: The pan-sexual city girl who just does not have time for this and can't think up her own original lines.

Harry: The emo kid that only thinks he's emo because he wears a black bracelet. 

Ron: The "jock" (really he's just a fat ass) who's only lines are: Turn up! And WOO! 

Marry: The "nerd" who really is only acting like a gamer chick for the attention from jocks, in reality she's a total slut…. 

That is our society today….  <_<

I would put that down to personal opinion for both sides. My opinion is that BO2 is more unique than BO1 in general feel. The only similarities I felt between TranZit and Die Rise was just the waiting game. But that's it. Die Rise felt pretty unique to me. In regards to MoTD and Origins, I see what you mean. But I felt the differences were bigger than that of Der Riese and Ascension.

I disagree with you completely. 

I too was only here for the release of moon, not anything before. Still 100 times the game "origins" was. 

Buried is probably the most re-playable map of them all if you play it right… 

Your going to tell me die rise is any different then transit? OR that MOTD is any different then origins…. Same vibes=the same.

Moon is actually pretty boring to play. Gameplay is really slow paced overall. I guess some people enjoy it but I find it so boring that I couldn't keep going too long after 30. I had to quit cause it was so slow and boring.

Origins on the other hand is very, very replayable as it has more things to do than any other map, lots of room with many training spots, 4 upgradable Wonder Weapons that each perform in a unique way, terrain and other hazards, a really challenging boss zombie, several map exclusive box and wall  weapons, multiple melee options and so much more. There's a reason that this map is very popular and gets more people playing it each day than any other DLC map in Black Ops 2.

It isn't the same as Mob of the Dead. It has some features in common, understandably as it is in the same game made by the same people, but each map feels unique and plays differently.

Similarly, while Die Rise and TranZit share the same cast, they are totally different. On the TranZit side you have a huge, flat and open map featuring several (low-quality) buildables, bad weapon selection and lots of train spots. On the Die Rise side you have a small map with a focus on verticality, much fewer training spots (in fact this map is more tailored for camping than a lot of maps), two high-quality buildables, good weapons including one of the (pre-patch) best Wonder Weapons and a unique boss round. Not to mention the general atmosphere of each is very different - dark, low visibility, fiery end of the world vs clear skies with plenty of light.

Buried has the least replayability of any BO2 map. At least me and all the people I've played with think so. The map is made to make it almost impossible to train and everything about the weapons, map layout, perks and more encourages you to sit in your favorite corner for the duration of the game - after you went around the map buying everything you wanted on Round 1 with money from your bank. There is literally no challenge whatsoever to this map other than trying to get out of your corner mid-round. I got to Round 70 on this map and couldn't handle how boring it was so I just ended it instead of trying for 100 like I do with other maps that have the tools to allow me to do so.

Anyway that's all I have to say on that. Some of it is opinion, but continuing this conversation about how different each map is or isn't takes away from the focus of this topic, so yeah.

On topic, I'm a bit sad about the news that I'll have to wait to 2015 to (hopefully) get some new Zombies maps in hands. I do enjoy good MP on CoD but Ghosts was a big letdown on that end for me. All we have this year is more MP... hopefully Sledgehammer games does a better job than IW. If it doesn't I could see CoD starting to lose a lot of fans, which could hurt Zombies too though it's MP fans who would be upset.

Dahniska has some great points.  

To me, Moon itself is very boring.  It's slow and painful in every regard.  It's stupidly easy.

NML however is the single greatest drug ever created which kinda balances.

If there is a single thing I would wish for in the next game, it would be a solo mode to compare to NML.  Whenever I have a spare hour with nothing to do, or waiting for friends to get online, I jump straight into that mode.  There is nothing on BO2 which is remotely similar.  I suspect that there are many, many, many others who do exactly the same as me.

Or Treyarch you could release mod tools for BO1, and then I won't have to buy another game from you again.  Oh wait......

While Origins may have more things to do, it's always the same, you will always have the same objectives, and even if you choose to not complete them, there isn't much else you can do. I get SUPER bored with the Easter egg (Which or anyone that knows me, is REALLY hard) and often just quit after it. 

Moon on the other hand let you play differently every game: This game I'll take the hacker and do these things, these things and these things. Or these things, these things, and these things...

Basically the hacker allowed for more options then origin's: Do this or don't… 

Also buried was really repayable, a lot more then transit, bus depot, or farm. 

Also Sledge hammer was on the MW3 project….It's not going to be grand…