How do you feel about Zombies now releasing in 2015 instead of this year?

It's official, Sledgehammer Games will be making the next Call of Duty. With that said, Treyarch's game will be releasing next year which means we won't have any new zombies maps for a long time. How do you feel about this decision? I'm trying to be as optimistic as I possibly can in the sense that Treyarch will have another year to complete the next installment to the series, meaning the quality of their content they release should increase. But at the same time, it's going to be rough not having new zombies maps until 2015.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust Treyarch. I believe that if they have an extra year or so to work on the next installment of Zombies, then they will make the best use of it possible. They've realized their mistakes with biting off more than they can chew (TranZit). Honestly, I'm all for it, even if it means we have to wait an extra year. It just gives us more time to theorize. ;)

• Tech Admin

Here's the thing, I wonder if we petitioned Treyarch/Activision, they could give us a special DLC for BOII?: Far fetched I know, but say they released another 2 maps this year to tide us over until the next release. I would happily pay for the 2 DLC maps, doesn't need to have bells and whistles, just something different (maybe say 2 of the previous maps brought up to date) ;)

Here's the thing, I wonder if we petitioned Treyarch/Activision, they could give us a special DLC for BOII?: Far fetched I know, but say they released another 2 maps this year to tide us over until the next release. I would happily pay for the 2 DLC maps, doesn't need to have bells and whistles, just something different (maybe say 2 of the previous maps brought up to date) ;)

Petitions aren't really effective, considering the party in question is a multi-billion dollar company who's not obliged to follow the requests, especially when one of their recent games made half a BILLION in three days.

That probably means by next year the game wont come out on 360/PS3 so everyone will have to upgrade -__-. didnt plan on upgrading for another two years or so...  :blink:

Yeah, The 3rd game would have had to be for a Xb1 or ps4 either way… Typically any game released after march will be exclusively for next gen…. Sucks… but that's why these companies stay in business...

I trust Treyarch. I believe that if they have an extra year or so to work on the next installment of Zombies, then they will make the best use of it possible. They've realized their mistakes with biting off more than they can chew (TranZit). Honestly, I'm all for it, even if it means we have to wait an extra year. It just gives us more time to theorize. ;)

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Oh! OH THAT IS FUNNY! DEAR GGGGODDDD… Whew… Give.. GIve me a minute… Whew… 

NEVER trust a company, EVER! That is rule # 3 of big business… Their top priority: Make a top selling product the cheapest we can, this does not mean the product will be good, only that it will make money, just look at flappy bird... 

Take priorities into your own hands and demand what this game needs and deserves! 

My cousin actually called Treyarch today because he was so disappointed. He talked to a lady he said, who told him that they have had a lot of people call in today.

On the more optimistic side, I'm hoping that we see some mini DLC maps. The release from Activision did say that they were doing this so that games could have longer DLC periods as well as micro DLC. Whether they meant for their future games or not though we just have to wait and see. Treyarch loves to please us though, I just hope they will.

I'm more afraid they'll take Nuketown route than "Five" route. In that any secondary map at launch will be timed-exclusive DLC for pre-ordering.

Actiwhores know Zombies is popular, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got micro-transactions where we could buy points and revives in Solo (It was done on BO:Z for mobile, you pay money for "reserve" points, when ou don't have enough points for something, you tap into those), it happened on a mobile version, I would not be surprised if it ended up on console Zombies.

Some will even say that's a solution to the bank lol.

But anyway, BO1 did it right. 9 months exclusive for the Classic Maps. They said you could only get Nuketown with the special editions, than they announce after everyone's pre-ordered those, you can just get it by pre-ordering the standard edition. That made me furious.

• Tech Admin

The funny thing is, Treyarch are a good studio, I don't know the finances of the company as I have never looked into it. However, the ethos that I pick up, is it's a studio that listens to what it's customers want and try and do what they can within the powers that they have.

A lot of what they will want to do will get shot down in flames by Activision, who can't be trusted (just like other large multi billion dollar companies, share holders come first).

My cousin actually called Treyarch today because he was so disappointed. He talked to a lady he said, who told him that they have had a lot of people call in today.

On the more optimistic side, I'm hoping that we see some mini DLC maps. The release from Activision did say that they were doing this so that games could have longer DLC periods as well as micro DLC. Whether they meant for their future games or not though we just have to wait and see. Treyarch loves to please us though, I just hope they will.

I'm more afraid they'll take Nuketown route than "Five" route. In that any secondary map at launch will be timed-exclusive DLC for pre-ordering.

Actiwhores know Zombies is popular, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got micro-transactions where we could buy points and revives in Solo (It was done on BO:Z for mobile, you pay money for "reserve" points, when ou don't have enough points for something, you tap into those), it happened on a mobile version, I would not be surprised if it ended up on console Zombies.

Some will even say that's a solution to the bank lol.

But anyway, BO1 did it right. 9 months exclusive for the Classic Maps. They said you could only get Nuketown with the special editions, than they announce after everyone's pre-ordered those, you can just get it by pre-ordering the standard edition. That made me furious.

Well why don't they do the thing that's both money effective, and player-pleasing:

On launch: 2 Main maps, one slightly smaller, but unique. 2 Grief, and a couple of new modes. For hardened players you already gain access to the ray gun M2. NO SEASON"S PASS, seasons pass= No full-zombies dlc. Instead have a "zombie's pass" which unlocks all zombie dlc throughout the year: Including the few purchasable survival maps via micro-dlc. ;)  (4$ each) 

I quite like the idea of a zombies pass (I'm really not sure where the apostrophe should go in zombie's, or even if there should be one, the pass doesn't belong to the zombies, it belongs to us, would it be plural? Arrgagrggargrhh brain dissolving!)

Anyway, especially with the longer time period now, it'd be awesome to see two dlc styles from treyarch. One multiplayer, the second for zombies. So there would be 8 DLCs.

I'd happily pay the same price as a season pass for zombie only content (assuming that you'd get two maps at a time, or a few different game modes), or just one EPIC zombie map.

Yeah brain matter comes and goes on this site… (we think trayarch eats it  ^_^ )

Of course we can't have 8 dlcs though… That's too much for trayarch, even with an extra year.

Instead, simply focus on micro dlc:

The zombies pass unlocks -All zombie maps, all zombie micro dlc maps, weapons, and customizables. In the end we have not only 4 new maps, but even more so, with dlc maps and weapons. 75$ is your total. (bit pricy but they have to make some profit as this mode is about 9000 times more difficult to create then MP) 

The MP pass unlocks the 3 sets of four maps, as well as any micro dlc maps, weapons, and customizables. In the end they still end up with their 16 maps, as promised, and a bit more with the seasons pass. 60$ is your total.

On the other hand, those who don't get a pass but purchase each dlc individually, will get the option to, for the regular price, purchase a map pack, containing the normal 4 MP maps, and 1 zombies map with bonus modes. However, they will not get the extra dlc maps, or all of the dlc weapons, and customizations. Each DLC is 15$, each micro is about  $.50-4 depending on the item. SO they end up with a slightly more expensive around 80$ for all the dlcs, however they can choose which DLCs they purchase and don't...

I know its hard to fathom, but doesnt this make an even stronger case as to why Origins was the actual end of zombies forever?

They tied up the story, gave us the O4 in the last map, which everyone obviously wanted...and now its not even Treyarch making the next game? Sounds simple to me.

Believe me, I want more Zombies storyline, but don't you guys think that whoever has worked on zombies this whole time wants to move on to something new and fresh? I would.

Not tryin to be Captain Bringdown, just bein' realistic.

I know its hard to fathom, but doesnt this make an even stronger case as to why Origins was the actual end of zombies forever?

They tied up the story, gave us the O4 in the last map, which everyone obviously wanted...and now its not even Treyarch making the next game? Sounds simple to me.

Believe me, I want more Zombies storyline, but don't you guys think that whoever has worked on zombies this whole time wants to move on to something new and fresh? I would.

Not tryin to be Captain Bringdown, just bein' realistic.

Don't be "that guy", you really think that trayarch would end the story with: 

"my dad has a plan" 

"Lulz I am inside samule's body" or

"AHAH! I am not the superior being in argartha!" 

And NOT continue the story? 

It's typical, every year people start saying "oh it won't be back, that was the end" but it never is… It will be some day, but not now… This time they really do have to continue the storyline. No way around it. Too much foreshadowing. 

If there's no zombies come november 2015, I'll eat my hat!  :lol:

• Moderators

I would rather have special dlc for BO1. ^.^

Strange idea I had:

What if 2015 will be a double release? It gives them basically the time to work on the game 2 times over, so what if we WILL get an All-Zombies game, and the MP junkies can get their precious C4l1 0f Duty R4g3 0p5

That gives them an excuse to charge $60 for both. What of the people that like both? Doesn't sound like it'd work out too well.

Plus, I can't see how the story would progress. If we have several maps with the same characters, it would just be confusing on what takes place when and such. I don't think that should happen, personally.