Zombie Urban Myths

I agree with MMX, I never upgrade any ray guns, or wunder weapons until I am out of ammo, excluding the staffs of Origins, I do those immediately just because it's more time consuming than PaP.

I will add, the thundergun is sometimes good to PaP on solo, or in a two player game. All this time later, and the dang thing will miss point blank and it's never good if that is the last shot before reload, so in those cases, I do PaP to get the four shots but that's not to say the last shot of Zeus cannon will misfire too.

I didn't know about not crawling when down, I really thought it made you bleed out faster but I'll take your word for it.

-I had heard around the time Buried was released, that the Mark2 was the same damage output as the ray gun, the advantage being you get three shots per trigger pull. Of course we know that's not true, Origins Panzer Soldat is proof, two shots from the Mark two will down him, I do believe it takes 2-3 full clips from the original ray gun to down him. That's all I have, most everyone has covered the rest.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah pretty shocked crawling while down doesn't make you die quicker. Would have made sense. Another good one was back in the good ild der reise days people use to flip out and even rage quit over starting the fly trap EE. Made the game harder they said.

Anyone remember in Der reise people upgrade their jug or grenades

. Lol

The best places to get all your hoaxes from:

-Playing with people who aren't in party chat

-Youtube comments

-Callofduty.com

-Youtubers*

*: The reason I put this, is because some Youtubers speculate and get mistook for stating "the truth" 

Also some YouTuber's may put a hoax video.

Like Samantha's ghost on Der Riese. 

It's a screamer/Jumpscare. Whatever term you prefer. 

Some dude named Jimmy used to say BO2 zombies was going to be a campaign experience MYTH!

Ascension someone told me when the boxed moved, to look at whatever TV sceen I wanted it to spawn at and keep jumping, of course I believed him and started telling other people, eventually realized I had been very much misinformed lmao.

• 1 month later...

I didn't hear the 20 max ammo limit, but i had someone telling me that if you don't pick up drops, you get more later...

People used to tell me that you could only have 3 pap'd guns in waw Der Riese at once per player...

Kino, the ladder by the stage would drop if (blah blah blah)...

Moon is a fun map...

I fell for this one: drop your last bb as you teleport in Der Riese to get another gun slot.

That you would get 20 or 30 points by laying in front of the perk machines on Der Riese. This is almost true: the game would claim to give you 20 or 30 points, but despite what your score showed, it always gave 25. I assume that the game wasn't designed back then to show a 5 at the end of your score. So, you need 30 points to buy the Bowie knife, hit up a machine, it claims to give you 30 points, so now your points is 3000 on screen, but you can't buy the bk because you actually only have 2995. This is true.

I fell for this one: drop your last bb as you teleport in Der Riese to get another gun slot.

That you would get 20 or 30 points by laying in front of the perk machines on Der Riese. This is almost true: the game would claim to give you 20 or 30 points, but despite what your score showed, it always gave 25. I assume that the game wasn't designed back then to show a 5 at the end of your score. So, you need 30 points to buy the Bowie knife, hit up a machine, it claims to give you 30 points, so now your points is 3000 on screen, but you can't buy the bk because you actually only have 2995. This is true.

I always wondered why sometimes if you had a exact total you still couldnt buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

really stupid ones

-You can equip T.E.D.D with a gun and he will walk around and help you
-Rocket booster attachments for the bus
-Machine Gun attachment for the bus
-PhD can be obtained on die rise by doing (insert BS steps here)
-You can trample steam into the phd hallway
-secret bank on die rise (before it was added in patch)
and worst of all, these stupid randoms legitamantly thought this was true
-the persistant perks are just glitches
just let that sink in... not 1 but lots of people think/thought they were glitches and we had to hurry and use them before they got patched out...i just...i need to lie down