Chalkboards And Bulletin Posts On Der Riese

So I was playing on Der Riese the other day and got bored of killing zombies so I decided to just start looking around the map to see if I could find anything interesting. I noticed the chalkboards around the map for the most part have the same exact writing and stuff written on it. As far as I can remember there's only 1 chalkboard that actually had some different stuff on it from the other chalkboards.

Anyways I remember seeing a post I think under the asylum forums that showed how there are calculations for a Vrill device on the chalkboards however that's not what really interested me. On most of the chalkboards if you actually look between all the calculations and the scribbles you can clearly see a sentence that says "never again Sam". This really intrigued me as I think maxis wrote it but what could have Sam done to make him write that?

Also on the bulletin posts around the map there are pictures of future maps :0  you can see a pic of a boat and lighthouse(call of the dead), a pic of Africa(buried), and a pic of France(origins). I found it interesting that hese are the only maps I could clearly link with the pics but then I thought about it and I realized what do all these maps have in common??? Group 935 sites. Call of the dead was a 935 base, origins is a dig site for 935. And lastly buried...when you start the map as Marlton he says something about all the mining equipment predating the rift.

Now hear me out people. When you do he Easter egg for origins you hear Samantha talking about maxis and his "plan". Also when you complete the Easter egg and watch the cut scene at the very end Samantha once again says how her dad has a "plan".... What is it with maxis and his plan? I understand the zombies storyline is very confusing and complicated and they seem to have went thru several changes story wise (Samantha is German in one map and English in another, and the redesign of element 115 in origins) but the two most consistent things I can see in this zombies storyline is 1.) seems like Maxis,Edward,and Samantha and 2.) Maxis'plan. Remember how in the description for Der Riese it says something like "this is where the master plan took shape. Is this where it all ends?" We'll at first I thought just like the majority of people that the creation of the zombies or the Wunderwaffe project was the plan but then I thought to myself....what if the plan in the Der Riese description and the plan in origins cut scene are the same plan?

What do you guys think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost forgot to add this part my bad lol but I think all the mining equipment you see in buried all belongs to group 935. I personally believe they were being used to try to uncover the rift but maxis soon figured out it wouldn't work and that's when he came up with the plan to blow up the earth to gain access to the rift :B

• Administrators

Really solid observations here, I think a lot more occurred aside from the creation of  zombies. I think I saw a tread where someone theorized that this was also the location of the Giants in Origins based on the wreckage.

Side note: Sometimes people skip over threads when they are big blocks of text like this, as you had pointed out. I wouldn't want to see a good thread go to waste. I made a few edits if you would like to make any changes.

Anyways I remember seeing a post I think under the asylum forums that showed how there are calculations for a Vrill device on the chalkboards however that's not what really interested me. On most of the chalkboards if you actually look between all the calculations and the scribbles you can clearly see a sentence that says "never again Sam". This really intrigued me as I think maxis wrote it but what could have Sam done to make him write that?

Also on the bulletin posts around the map there are pictures of future maps :0  you can see a pic of a boat and lighthouse(call of the dead), a pic of Africa(buried), and a pic of France(origins). I found it interesting that hese are the only maps I could clearly link with the pics but then I thought about it and I realized what do all these maps have in common??? Group 935 sites. Call of the dead was a 935 base, origins is a dig site for 935. And lastly buried...when you start the map as Marlton he says something about all the mining equipment predating the rift.

Now hear me out people. When you do he Easter egg for origins you hear Samantha talking about maxis and his "plan". Also when you complete the Easter egg and watch the cut scene at the very end Samantha once again says how her dad has a "plan".... What is it with maxis and his plan? I understand the zombies storyline is very confusing and complicated and they seem to have went thru several changes story wise (Samantha is German in one map and English in another, and the redesign of element 115 in origins) but the two most consistent things I can see in this zombies storyline is 1.) seems like Maxis,Edward,and Samantha and 2.) Maxis'plan. Remember how in the description for Der Riese it says something like "this is where the master plan took shape. Is this where it all ends?" We'll at first I thought just like the majority of people that the creation of the zombies or the Wunderwaffe project was the plan but then I thought to myself....what if the plan in the Der Riese description and the plan in origins cut scene are the same plan?

What do you guys think?

I'm going to borrow a post I made in the storyline thread. (Sorry for the formatting, on mobile). The VRILL device pictured on the chalkboards was always the most interesting clue, IMO:

.Our first real clue was on the chalk boards in Der Riese (not sure if it was a different map):boardvril1.jpg

The drawn picture is actually a reference to a nazi diagram:

Evril1_01.jpg

If you look at the middle of the diagram, you can see an object that rather resembles the Vril Device (i.e. the Golden Rod + the Focusing Stone = a rod with convex ends and a circle in the middle).

vril106.jpg?w=950https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz3tJk9-_1RW-IYw7JY2qB1DhQ5dmP-b7136-MuYzb5aPIM4QS

Really solid observations here, I think a lot more occurred aside from the creation of  zombies. I think I saw a tread where someone theorized that this was also the location of the Giants in Origins based on the wreckage.

Side note: Sometimes people skip over threads when they are big blocks of text like this, as you had pointed out. I wouldn't want to see a good thread go to waste. I made a few edits if you would like to make any changes.

What do you guys think?

Thanks it definitely looks a lot better now!

To me, Origins crushed the story line when  they had Maxis head being cut open and his brain turn into a drone. We have NEVER heard a word of any of this and I think thats a pretty big deal...lol I cant make anything from the story based on that fact alone. Origins can't be the begging to the story we all grew to love. So it only could be a beginning of a new "real world" story of zombies (right?). Clearly, IMO, based on the Maxis drone alone, Origins cant be the start of the zombie story of w@w or black ops . So I dont know what to make of it or how "the plan" could mean the same thing from the same story. Great pick up on that though, had me thinking!