The Great CoDz City ~Role-Play~

Naitrax

as the group walked to the spire,proji began to stare intensely at nai on and off. earlier when he mentioned how he got the satani soldiers to help him proji became more hostile to him and more depressed. he did trust nai but did not directly make his hostility known to nai. however whenever proji got the chance he would pop up an insulting joke about the satani or nai. by the time they saw the spire proji assumed he was the man who he had worked for. however he did not bother confronting him while the others were near. "soon" muttered proji "soon"

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the group reached Maxi HQ, they shuffled into the queue heading through the large glass doors. They began to hear snippets of conversations as they moved along the line, slowly heading toward the doors. Council... Elder... Silverback... Dead. "What?!" Nai exclaimed in shock as he heard those words.

• Administrators

The group passed through the long, dim-lit corridor of the Maxi HQ. For some odd reason, Festo felt...welcomed into this building. It was as if he was visiting a familiar environment that he had forgotten long ago. The walls were filled with flashing lights, and large numbers marking each corridor. This one in particular seemed to be #9. Digital screens were scattered across the hallway displaying only the word "CONTAINED".

As they opened the final doors, they found themselves in an expansive room filled at over the max capacity of refugees. Large groups of people were worryingly conversing with one another with some even curled in fetal positions. There were a few people wearing labcoats hustled near the entry way of the base carrying what looked to be an entire folder of paper. Festo noticed a faded watermark of a fist with the numbers 9-3-5 on it. That too felt familiar...but to what?

Suddenly, one of the scientists turned around to the group's entering and ran over to Nai, grabbing him by the collar.

"Tell me - is that THING out there?! Has it really broken through the Gate?!"

"I have no clue what you are talking about, sir." Nai responded as a feeling of fear began to grow within him. Suddenly, one of the monitors began to display footage of what looked to be a giant, hulked up zombie smashing through the Gate, piercing the metal as if it was paper.

"What the hell is that thing?!?" Nai yelled over the uproar as the command centre went into overdrive, trying to seal off streets and evacuate residents into the underground network of tunnels which lead throughout the entire city. "That's a Ripper. I've seen them only once before..." Festo said as he stepped next to Nai.

• Administrators

Nai turned to Festo with a fearful look in his eyes.

"Those...those things exist? In our world? I thought only the walkers existed around these parts!"

The lone scientist started to flip through a couple of papers in his hand as they were shaking from mere fright of the name.

"We thought so too - or at least we didn't acknowledge the existence of anything other than the regular species. Whatever it is, we've declared a shield protocol to evacuate the public streets so-"

"So what? So we can hide up in this clustered building and simply wait until we die from isolation?"

The man with the knife pushed his way to the front of the group with Nai, Festo, and the scientist. He had been observing the mass huddles of frightened civilians since they entered the base. His face was stern cold, his dark eyes set primarily on the scientist. The researcher looked uncomfortable at the sight of the man still tiwrling his knife between his fingers with the utmost easy.

Before the scientist could mumble out a word, Festo interjected.

"Not unless we find it before that thing finds us."

"find that monster,are you crazy? you have no idea what they are capable of" said a shocked proji. noticing some bottles filled with beer,he takes them. "taking one down is suicide. they can be killed via a headshot,but their brain is extremely small,though still bigger than yours. and their physical strength is unchallaged,they run and fight like a gorilla! rippers do have poor eyesight,but have heightened hearing,so good luck trying to sneak it,let alone kill the abomination!"

"I say we take it from above. That way, it won't notice us straight away, and we can each fire a few shots before it finds us." Nai said. "There is a building not too far from here which connects via the Catacombs." He turned to look at his accomplices. "Are you all in?" he asked.

Nai ignored the man's joke. He was no Satani. He had no faction. He was a nomad. He drifted from faction to faction, learning what he could and then moving on.  He was strange that way, but it was how he did things. His loyalty remained only to himself & Group 935.

"If we do this, we must load our weapons before we leave the soundproofed building. We'll also need a ground team to go in and draw it into position."

"Hmm", pondered Risky. "Put me on either team. My specialty is shotguns and snipers". He pulled out his Python, the ACOG still attached from before.

"This is like a makeshift Sniper, well not really. It just has an ACOG. And this", pulling out an Executioner from his right pocket, "shoots Shotgun shells. They're both lighter than snipers or shotguns, so yeah".

In reality, he wanted to just find what he was looking for, and get out. He obviously couldn't now though. Besides, he was slightly curious as to what a Ripper looked like. He had heard tales, about how vicious and huge they were. But he was curious.

While passing off his Python and Executioner to random soldiers, he casually said, "Oh, I didn't catch any of your names by the way. Just call me Risky".

• Administrators

Festo snatched a beer out of Proji's hand and guzzled it down before he could make a move. The air was so dry within the base, that his throat started to sting as the alcohol rushed into his stomach. That delicious taste reminded him of home...if there still were such a place to call it that.

"The name is Festo," he told Risky, who was handing out his revolvers. Looking back at the man with the knife, he added, "but apparently, I also go by different names."

The man's monotone eyes locked onto Festo's. Why does that stare throw me off, Festo thought. They kept reminding him of some abstract memory, but the picture just wasn't focusing clear enough.

The scientist in front of the group began to talk softly to Nai. Festo wasn't sure what they were discussing, but it was none of his concern. Most of the refugees began calming down, setting up small groups on the floor and talking with the other base officials and scientists.

As Festo glanced around, he was a bit aghast at how big the base was. There looked to be about four whole levels of the room, each level holding its own catwalk. Computers clumped against the walls with massive monitors, all of which were static at this point. The ceiling seemed hundreds of feet into the air with no window or light coming from the outside. A large mechanical contraption was hooked to the ceiling at a slight angle towards the center of the headquarter's floor. It had a large, cone-shaped device attached to the end much similar to a funnel with wires hooked up at every notch of the machine. Several tubes were sticking out of its side in such an array much similar to a horizontal chandelier. Festo projected his line of sight all the way until he saw what it was pointing at. A couple of yards in front of the group was a platform with a large mechanical door sitting on top of it. The entire door was closed off, with a small orb settled at the top of the door. Who the hell puts a door in the middle of a room, Festo thought to himself.

He then looked down his side to grab the MP5K when he realized the obvious.

"I can do ground assault all day today, but I would prefer to have some ammo while doing so," he commented as he dangled the gun on his finger. He called to the other scientist that was talking to Nai.

"Hey, nerd-off, hate to bother your chit-chat but I suppose you wouldn't have any spare guns on ya?"

"Very speco", commented Risky, eyeing the armoury as they walked in. Weapons of all sorts and all ages could be found. A WW2 Panzerfaust was side by side with a modern Panzerfaust, with extra fancy gizmos. Risky marveled at just how far mankind had come in terms of weaponry. WW1 weapons to Modern/Futuristic weapons all around him. A choice for everyone.

He immediately went to the Snipers section. He admired and felt the defined edges of a cold era L98A1, noting it's similarity to a futuristic L115 sniper. However, he already had his pick the moment he stepped in. The DSR-50. He walked over to it, picking it up and just immediately feeling at home. A powerful weapon with decent fire rate. He loved it. He attached a strap to it and slung it over his back, walking over to the shotguns.

He chuckled as he passed the Double Barrel Shotgun and it's Sawn-off variant. "So much to choose from he...", Risky muttered. He stopped and looked at a Trench Gun. He loved the power behind it, the general feel and look of it. Next to it was a Remington 870 MCS. It was generally the same as the Trench Gun, except it allowed attachments. Risky sighed, not wanting to choose. But eventually, he chose the Remington, in-case he needed certain attachments with it. He added a strap to it, and put it on his, clanking with the DSR. He smiled, and walked out of the Armoury, waiting for the others to finish.

proji walked up to the arsenal of weapons and went to the location of the pistols. picking up the remington new model army,he was supriesed that it was in execellent condition with plenty of ammo. it felt good in his hands,and he liked it that way. he wanted another one,but alas tthere was only one. he then walked to the type 100 and grabbed it. after that he left the armoury muttering "here we go again."

• Administrators

The arsenal selection was mesmerizing. Guns predating back to World War 1 stood alongside modernized weapons that even Festo hadn't seen before. Although he felt reliant in SMGs, he took an interest in the dual-wield M1911s that sat in the middle of the wall. The very sight of the pistols held him locked, the muscles in his body tensing and sweat beginning to slither down his forehead. 

The memories were returning.

Everything around the pistols faded to black, and the sounds of gunfire rang through Festo's ears. He tried to cover his ears but his muscles were too locked up to even twitch. The gunfire began to mix in with a new sound - screams. Mortars could be heard dropping off in the distance, yet slowly closing in to Festo. The sounds were pounding his head with the pain beginning to swell. Images of the undead pulsated in his eyes like fresh watercolors on a canvas. They moved slowly towards Festo, but he could only widen his eyes in horror. The images quickly panned down to a disgruntled face - nothing else could be seen but the shocked expression of his eyes as he pushed his arm out. Festo fought to grab the man's hand, but the force was too strong to break. The man's eyes began to pale in color as the zombies swarmed all over him.

Suddenly a hand clasped his shoulder, erasing the images and perception of darkness around him.

"Too difficult to choose, huh?"

Festo turned his head to see Risky chuckling as he inserted attachments into his shotgun. "Don't worry bud - I had the same problem. Just be careful that you don't get too lose in that choice. Wouldn't want your head to 'slpode, y'know?"

Festo lookd back at the wall, and grabbed the M1911s off the rack. The paint was still in tact despite a couple of few scratches. The shine of the laboratory lights gleamed off the silver casing of the pistols. He closed his eyes, trying to recollect what had just happened. It felt too real, he thought. But, it shouldn't have been that way. He picked up the holster belt laying at the foot of the wall and wrapped it around himself. Snug as a blanket. He inserted the pistols into their holsters and looked over to Nai, who had been eyeing the wall from a distance.

"C'mon Nai, you can't go out there barehanded."

He glanced over to the man with the knife, who had been sitting on a stool nearby the computers. The man's cold, grey eyes stared intently at Festo, his knife twindling around his fingers like keys on a lanyard. 

"C'mon Nai, you can't go out there barehanded." Festo said before turning to look at the knife-wielding man. There was some deep hatred between the two, but he couldn't seems to figure out why. He had a feeling it was to do with their pasts, but that was their problem, not his. Besides, he had his own secrets, and he knew that each of the men standing around him did too. He looked over at Proji, who was admiring his Type 100. This man seems to think I know him... Where have I seen his face before?

Nai shook his head to wake him out of his trance, and took a step toward the Armoury.

The walls were lined with weapons from the eras of time that even the greatest historian had forgot about by now. The racks of shiny metal were in great contrast to the dusty, grimy weapons from the first World War. Each "class" of weaponry was organised neatly, in order of production time. 

He walked over to the wall of weapons he knew best; the assault rifles. He scanned the wall until he found what he was looking for. Nai walked over and pulled the SCAR-H off it's rest, and chambered a round. The gun felt at home in his hands, the curves of the barrel a perfect fit in the palms of his hands. A truly deadly weapon. He also grabbed a silencer from the attachments table in the middle and headed for the snipers.

The wall of snipers was untouched since the last time he had seen it in his time as the Head of Weapon Technology of Maxi when he was last here, except for the missing spot where Risky's DSR-50 had been taken off the shelf. He looked around, admiring the gleam of the shiny metal coating the bodies of each sniper. He weighed the two weapons he knew best in his mind, and, once decided, reached out to grab the L115 from the shelf. He loaded a magazine but didn't pull the bolt. He knew from experience that sniper's could be dangerous in closed areas.

As he turned to walk out of the room, a case marked "Gaunt." laying in the corner caught his eye. Once he realised what it was, he rushed to the corner to pick it up. He undid the clasp and peered inside. Once he was satisfied, he closed the case and brought it to the central table of the laboratory. "All of you, come over here for a second. I've got a surprise for you all." Nai said cheerfully, relishing in the memories of the day he finally perfected the Gauntlets. "Each of you take one and place it as you would a glove over your left hand. Each has the power to harness a single energy using a crystal of 115 channelled in a certain way. However, we have no crystals on hand in the labs, for I have given one to each Faction Head and the final of the 5 to the Head of the Council, who recently was pronounced deceased. For now, flick the switch to 'Neutral' on the base of the wrist." he explained. A feeling was growing in his stomach, a feeling which he had not felt for years. He was back doing what he did best; being a scientist.

He picked up the glove with the purple outline on the back of the hand. Ah, I missed you old friend. If only you had your full personality with you...

The Gauntlet's are colour-coded to an element, but they can accept any crystal, and therefore any element. At the moment, they have the effect of the One-Inch-Punch perk from Origins.

• Administrators

Festo had left himself in a staredown with the man with the knife until Nai called the entire group over. As he walked over to the excited Nai, his mind began to wander. Why does that man seem to know me - my entire essence, my name to what he assumes it is, my existence in this world. What does he know about me exactly that even I don't?

Festo approached the table along with the others to see a crate full of gauntlets with small switches along the side. They appeared to look like something out of a sci-fi movie, yet were crafted purely with dark leather and a few modern technological contraptions.

"Each of you take one and place it as you would a glove over you left hand," Nai began. He started to ramble about it more, but Festo couldn't concentrate clearly. His mind kept flooding with questions that only remained to be answered over time.

"...flick the switch to 'Neutral" on the base of the wrist."

He inserted his hand slowly into the gauntlet, suddenly feeling it tighten around his hands perfectly. It's as if it has a mind of its own, Festo surmised. A small crevice at the top of the glove where the crystal would take place. Magic at its finest, yet only thanks to modern technology.

The scientist who opened up the armory walked over to the group.

"It seems you are all well prepared now. Suppose I lead you to the back entrance of the laboratory? That is, if you haven't changed your mind."

Festo looked over at the rest of the group. They held a rather different look than when they entered the base before. Expressions of vigilance and determination were clear as day, despite the horrors that was happening outside. A small hush grew over the entire lab with the refugees listening in to what the group may have to say. It was none of their concern, but it meant human sacrifices to clear the streets so they could return back to their homes. 

The silence grew too cold. Festo gripped his Colts out of the holster and held them at his sides.

"Better now than never," he called out as he headed towards the back doorway.

the sciencist walked up to the drunken proji and attempted to inject the serum into proji's body. however proji kept shoving him away,and when he attempted to get a few people to help restrain him proji pulled out his remington new model army and pointed it at the sciencist, saying angrily "dont you dare come any damn closer you little shit." although proji had trouble standing up,he was able to keep the gun pointed at the sciencist.

• Administrators

Out of nowhere Boom spontaneously combusted. Festo shed a single tear and the group went back to what they were doing.

Sorry I've been absent in this thread lately. I'll just kill myself. I may randomly return to haunt Infest.

As Proji drew his Remington on a scientist, Nai crept up behind him, needle in hand. He drove the syringe into his neck and Proji went lack and begun convulsing on the floor. "Shouldn't we help him?" Festo asked. Nai answered, "He'll be fine. He just has to let the serum reach his heart, then he'll be fine."

As if on cue, Proji stopped shaking and lay there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Festo stared in disbelief. The hooded man combusted, leaving no trace of his remains. He began to fear something roll down his cheek. The drop slithered into the crevices of his mouth as he tasted salt. Why am I crying, he thought. This man vanished and for some reason it's like I've lost a friend.

He turned to see Nai kneeling over an unconscious Proji. He called out to the rest of the group, "is everyone loaded and ready to go?" Festo clamped his hands against his pistol holsters to ensure that they were there while he fixated his eyes on the Proji's body.

"Only if we're gonna make it out in a few pieces."

Nai turned to the scientist. "Do you know if the security code for the Hatch has been changed since I was last here?"

"It has. The new code is Yellow, Blue, Red, Orange." he replied, pointing them toward the door. "Good luck. You'll need it." he said as he ushered the group out.