The Great CoDz City ~Role-Play~

Naitrax

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The gun selection didn't appeal to Festo. Then again, he didn't want to think about it. His head was pounding from the after-effects of the alcohol. No doubt he was feeling the hangover. On top of that, the hunger within him began to sharpen his appetite.

Festo graced his hand over the MP5K, then stopped dead in his tracks.

The memories. They roared into his mind like an ocean riptide. Pain started to swell in his brain. It was there still, despite all this time.

He shook his head, still looking at the sub-machine gun.

"Well, if the bullets won't kill em, suppose I can always pistol whip them."

He took the MP5K.

• Administrators

Festo's forehead sunk downwards as he slightly furrowed his brow at the man warning him. He hadn't seen this man before in his life, but there was something odd and familiar about him. Even the name Alowishus didn't jog his memory, nor did it seem to pertain to him.

Let him think I am that person, Festo contemplated as he smirked.

"In that case scary man, allow me to show you out," he taunted as nodded towards the door to the back lot of the yard.

"But don't think I'll be so quick to save you if a chomper decides to make you lunch. After all, bullets do run out quickly."

Nai's hands came to rest over the Galil. This weapon has served me well over the years. It just feels right at home in my possession. Nai picked it up and cocked it, loading the first magazine into the weapon. "Just like old times..." Nai muttered under his breath. 

He walked over to the wall and pulled out 4 bulletproof jackets. He handed one to each of the members of his strange posse. "Russians do not need protection, other than weapon in hands and bullets on belt!" Vladimir objected, but took the jacket anyway. When Nai came to Boom, he lowered his voice as to not be overheard. "Put the Key in the top left inside pocket. If you die, you don't want this lost. I don't doubt your strength, Boomhauer, but you failed once before, when Satani needed you most..." The expression on Boom's face was emotionless. However, his eyes radiated hatred for Nai. He took the jacket and threw it on.

Nai turned to the rest of the group. "Now, let's go save a city, shall we?" he announced loudly, turning toward the door. "Let's make this as clean as possible, shall we? Also, take these," he said, handing a suppressor to each of them holding guns, attaching the 4th to his own Galil. The crew walked through the open door and began the walk toward the Gate as the last glimmering rays of sun drifted out of view, and the whole city was left to the electric street lamps and the light of the moon far above.

as nai handed each of the crew who had guns suppressors,proji watched him. "this man seems familar,but i dont remember him. hell i dont want to remember my mistakes,my past,what i did" proji thought. when nai reached him proji gave a look of distrust and anger. noticing this,nai returned the look. when he passed proji asked "hey czar vladmir,got anything to drink?"

Chapter 2: A Stolen Soul

Nai turned to the group as they reached the Gate. "Now, no matter how much you want to kill each other, we have a common purpose now," Nai said as a barrage of pounds fell upon the Gate. "Do you all understand? We're sealed in now, so even if you want to run crying away, Sout is sealed." Nai turned away and signalled to the Satani manning the sentry turrets, who began to open fire on the horde.

"Okay, unless they breach, our plan is to open a Gate at a time, and funnel them in." At the quizzical looks of the 4 men standing in front of him, he replied to the question which was plaguing their minds. "I do a lot of reading in my spare time!" Nai ran to a control panel on the side of the Gate. "Gate 3 is now... OPEN!" They heard the grinding sound as the outer metal gate was opened. 

Suddenly, the sounds of the Undead filled their ears. Then a scream, then a howl. "Wha-" Nai began, but stopped as a hand reached through the fence and grabbed him around the neck. The creature's claws dug into his skin, peeling away the layers of flesh around his neck. His vision began to blur.

proji continues to fire upon the creature and after a while,it finally falls.

"what the living hell?" thought proji

but he had no time to wonder about the mysterious creature,for nai was wounded. proji rushed over to him and shout to the others "anyone have medical supplies? anyone?" as he was shouting,his memories grew stronger,reminding him of his past. he started to cry. he said quiet "i'm so sorry i didnt see it coming,i'm so sorry."

• Administrators

The entire time the group was walking out of the warehouse, Festo had thoughts racing through his mind like wildfire. Some were thoughts of the future, and what may happen once the bullet from his gun leaves the barrel and into the undead once again. Some were even blurred thoughts - memories that attempted to return but were too fragmented to see clearly. Why do I keep thinking about them, thought Festo.

Suddenly a bloodcurling scream dispersed his thoughts and made him aware of his surroundings. The instant his eyes focused on what was happening, he found himself within the sphere of madness. Proji stood over a bleeding Nai screaming for medical attention. Vladimir stood a few feet in front of the both of them, tumbling the few zombies funneling through the gate while putting only a single bullet into every head. The man with the knife plunged his sharp dagger into each zombie and thrusted his leg into their chests.

Festo kept sight on the downed Nai and rushed over to him.

"Christ, I thought the point of having a gun was to use it, not as a toy," shouted Festo over the clanging of the Gate and screams of the zombies. He reached into his backpack and fumbled through the mess that was inside. For a moment, he paused while looking into it, only to quickly shake himself off a few seconds later. Out came a small syringe no bigger than a hand.

Festo looked over to Nai, his neck bloody and a bit torn.

"Damn, they really got you there. Now just hold still - I haven't done this before...at least not in years."

He plunged the syringe into Nai's neck and injected the liquid chemical into his veins. Nai grimaced in slight pain but still showed a delay of consciousness.

"Keep on it, dammit!"

Festo turned to Proji, who stood on the other side of Nai.

"And you, Mr. Journalist. Keep him steady and apply pressure on his neck without choking him to death," he shouted as he rose up, making sure the suppressor was snug on the MP5K's barrel. He ran towards the frontlines with Vladimir and the man with the knife.

"you better know damn well i am not a journalist!" proji shouted back.

as proji applied pressure,the began to grow stronger,with one in particular showing itself in proji's mind.

-proji's office,codz university,5 years ago-

"why should i help you acquire the key for your power hungry faction?" said proji.

"professor,please keep in mind that i am like you: a person who also sees these factions as wild brats. i have read your satires that critize all 4 of them." said the man.

"and you should keep in mind i am not helping any faction,including mine or yours." proji told the man

"look—" the man began to say

"look??? you serve the satani!!! why should i trust you???" shouted proji

"because if you dont then someone else will and they may be less reasonable then me!" the man said rather annoyed. "look,help me find the key and no one dies ok?

proji began to think about it. he had a good life. he worked a decent job,he made books that were liked,and he had his niece and nephew to take care of. and as much as he hated to admit,the man was right. the faction wars were heating up,and his faction the richtofien even began to question his loyality,ordering him often to prove it. he knew that sooner or later,someone else would make him find the key. with a sigh he told the mysterious man "fine,but i want off the radar once i'm done."

the man said "good choice professer" and then quietly whispered "i will see it you are given your wish once the job is done."

Drifting in and out of consciousness, Nai became aware of a great many things. He became aware of how cold his body felt, and how warm the slowly dulling pain in his neck was. He could feel the creature's claws burrowing into his neck, finding hold around the corner of his windpipe, and beginning to tug. His vision went completely black, and he could only feel the strange... warmness as the creature lost hold and pulled back. His mind began to go dark. The cord which tied him to this body was slackening, slowly unravelling as it began to pull him gently into the embrace that was death. He had come close to death many times before, working on the super soldier project at The Giant, before the creatures had forced him out. He had felt this feeling only once...

He also became aware of how loud the screaming was. His hearing had gone when the windpipe was tugged, but the screaming and the chatter was as loud as ever. Almost as if they were back... Hello, *static*. Did you miss *static* company? *static* missed you too.

His head was suddenly filled with a bright light, and he was standing in a field, viewing the event from afar. No, he thought. This isn't how it happened. I wasn't here, it was... THERE! He pointed to the four men standing in a circle, weapons drawn, trudging through the field. The German looked to the others. "I know you don't like this, but it is the ONLY way! There can be only one..." Dr. Edward Richtofen said loudly. The American, Tank Dempsey stared the German with weariness. "Tell me again, why you are telling us this? This is your plan? You want to take control over the maggotsacks?" he said, turning back toward the small, low-lying structure in the distance. "Why do we set these up? Why help you?" the Russian, Nikolai Belinsky asked with curiosity. "Because," Richtofen answered "I have something you all need. Something so dear to you, you would sacrifice life itself to protect it." Tank turned rapidly, drawing his weapon and aiming it at Richtofen's head. "Not her..." "Oh yes! You understand!" Richtofen jeered. He flicked a switch on his pocket watch, and 3 blank faces greeted him, the 3 slowly regaining their memories, all except the events of the past 2 minutes. "The Spires... We must be able to heal ze Earth once this is done! All we require is the Vril energy to be lined up in the triangle and then use the Key, and the Earth shall be saved!" Edward had said.

Nai observed the transmission on his computer screen at his secret lab. He looked over the designs for the weapon that could heal a nation torn by war: the Key. His own designs would be used for Richtofen's evil purpose. He had to stop it. Remember, this is one of Nai's memories. Your characters don't know this :P

Nai was jolted out of the memory by feeling. A sharp pain in his neck was injecting the poison through his body. The poison he himself had designed to keep his enemies and subjects alive for prolonged torture sessions.

As Nai's vision cleared, he felt guilty for the first time in centuries. Nai was much older than he looked. The power surge from the MPD had given him the ability to take on any form he wished, and however much he wanted his body which the little brat had, he wouldn't be getting it without risking her regaining control. A part of her was still there. Here... all of them were here. The voices. The dark evil... The girl had been telling the truth. Trapped in the Aether, there was a being much eviler than himself...

• Administrators

A zombie threw itself onto Festo, but he managed to slug a few bullets into his head before any contact was made. He turned his head quickly to Proji, yelling "I don't care what you say you are, just keep applying pres - AUGH!"

At that moment of having his head away from the horde, one of the undead lunged at Festo and attempted to take a good bite out of his face. His MP5K skidded across the dirt too far from his reach. He struggled a bit to push the creature off of him, craning his face to the side so the zombie couldn't get any closer. The monster pushed itself closer and closer as its horrid stench began to swamp Festo's nose. 

Then, all the weight pushed against his arms was suddenly removed. He turned his head back up to see a man lifting up the zombie with a knife impaled through his rotting torso. The man tossed the corpse off the side of Festo and looked down to him. His eyes were filled with darkness and scars covered almost all of his face.

"It seems that the Master has become the Apprentice," the man scoffed. "As I said before, I'm not here to save you. Lucky for you, that was my kill."

He turned his back and rushed towards the Gate once more, leaving Festo unattended. He slowly got up and recovered his gun from the dirt. His eyes keened in on the figure of the man as he walked back to the Gate. Something was off about him for sure. Whatever it was, Festo didn't like it one bit.

As Nai's head finally cleared, and the tendrils of death slowly retracted from his mind, he began to see the colours in sharp detail. His hearing was returning, and the first sound he heard was the scream as Festo was toppled by a zombie. Nai's vision returned as he saw a zombie's corpse lifted of the man by a glinting light: Boom's Bowie Knife.

Nai grunted. "He's alive!" Proji shouted. "I'm alive?" Nai whispered quietly.

As the Satani soldiers started faltering to the zombies, a strange light emanated from the night sky. It grew brighter and brighter, until the shuttle crash landed into the majority of the undead horde, crushing what was sure to be the last zombies attacking the gate at the moment. With the shockwave caused by the shuttle's landing, the soldiers regained their advantage and slaughtered the remaining undead. As the lights on the shuttle dimmed, and slowly faded to black, the sliding circular door on the side opened, smoke pouring out. A young man, holding in his hand what must have been a toy "space gun" abandoned his shuttle and screamed, "Please help, I have an injured person on board!"

• Administrators

Festo had seen the shuttle crashed right in front of his eyes. One moment he had been fending off the horde with Vladimir and the man with the knife, the next with the Satani soldiers. He knew it was a poor decision to let them acknowledge him, so he flipped over his hood that had been hidden underneath his dress shirt. Well, it's not raining, but it's something, he thought.

The shuttle's impact blew dirt and dust all across the area, rendering Festo a bit blind. He pulled his hood closer down to his eyes but was still met with the dirt particles filling his face. As the sandstorm dissipated, he peered underneath his hood to see a man come out holding what appeared to be something from a sci-fi comic. The man waved his arm around and started yelling something.

"Please help, I have an injured person on board!"

Festo stood firm against the dirt and raised his SMG at the figure.

"There would've been more injured from your damn crash!" shouted Festo as he slowly advanced towards the ship. The man with the gun looked more shocked than he did vigilant. Strange, Festo thought. He would've cocked his gun at us by now. Nothing good comes out of a shuttle like that, and where in the bloody hell did it come from?

Still aiming his gun at the man, Festo shouted one more time.

"What are you, alien?!"

Nai saw the crash, and felt the impact jar his bones. He quickly ducked around a corner and pulled a first aid/makeup (what, it's not weird) kit out of his bag. He looked in the mirror. His face was unrecognisable. However, he could not risk being recognised. He bandaged his neck, being careful to cover the scar on his neck completely. 

"What are you, alien?" he heard Festo ask the unknown man leaving the shuttle.

Nai ran back around the corner and stared in disbelief at the Ray Gun in the man's hand. It had survived! 

Nai adjusted his jaw, and ran over to meet the man.