The Whole Mic Thing

Drytoast

With random lobbies I like to find ones where they have mics and I mute mine. I just listen. If they seem cool and are good or will listen I will jump in. Usually they just talk shit and say they wont revive me or troll me. Then I just troll them back by running and turning off the power mind round or my fav is when they are riding the bus around I go to the tunnel and wait for them to be in route to the depot. I then slowly run back with all the zombies Ive collected and listen to then freak out then beg me to get them bc they have the ray gin mark II.

If this sounds mean, Let me state Im not a dick. Just hate to waste my time and if it seems like its gonna be a waste. Why not have some fun.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Once again, played a round of Origins last night with randoms all having mics.   Of course what happens first? player A states "Ok you guys can have the wind ice and lightning staff, ive got fire"    What i wanted to say: "Well who died and made you king of the whole damned universe"         Seriously. most annoying thing about this map is the ritual of "calling" a staff before the game begins.  how about we just decide who gets staffs based on who needs it the most to survive when the time comes, that way we can actually last past round 8, instead of dying every time the panzer comes around

If playing with friends I will always talk. If playing with randoms my favorite thing is to pull my mic out and listen to the other people talk (assuming they aren't squeakers).

If the map is one like Mob of the Dead, I will rarely play unless I have talking (and intelligent) teammates. But if it's a bigger map with ways for me to survive on my own, I much prefer to not talk and let the game take its natural course.

I also am sick of the whole "I call ___ staff" and "alright guys, let's start filling the boxes so I can get my fire knife" thing. I just want a nice, normal game - if you have the skill to make your own staff, go for it. Don't try and tell me what to do.

The other gay thing is that often even in lobbies that do talk, people will leave games after they die a few times even if everyone else is doing just fine. Sometimes they'll even do it after they say "I won't leave this game" before it starts. I don't find that having a mic almost ever changes that.

If playing with friends I will always talk. If playing with randoms my favorite thing is to pull my mic out and listen to the other people talk (assuming they aren't squeakers).

If the map is one like Mob of the Dead, I will rarely play unless I have talking (and intelligent) teammates. But if it's a bigger map with ways for me to survive on my own, I much prefer to not talk and let the game take its natural course.

I also am sick of the whole "I call ___ staff" and "alright guys, let's start filling the boxes so I can get my fire knife" thing. I just want a nice, normal game - if you have the skill to make your own staff, go for it. Don't try and tell me what to do.

The other gay thing is that often even in lobbies that do talk, people will leave games after they die a few times even if everyone else is doing just fine. Sometimes they'll even do it after they say "I won't leave this game" before it starts. I don't find that having a mic almost ever changes that.

OMG it was the same last night  in my game!  at like round 20! lol.  Now the fire knife do they just mean the one inch punch? or is there some sort of fire staff glitch to get a better one.  idk i didn't know what he was talking about, but we weren't doing the EE and we both had upgraded staffs, so i just asked what the hell is the point? lol

OMG it was the same last night  in my game!  at like round 20! lol.  Now the fire knife do they just mean the one inch punch? or is there some sort of fire staff glitch to get a better one.  idk i didn't know what he was talking about, but we weren't doing the EE and we both had upgraded staffs, so i just asked what the hell is the point? lol

"Fire/Elemental Knife" is a glitch that you can do by downing yourself in a robot head after acquiring the upgraded fists. When you respawn your melee animation is the normal knife but with the power of the upgraded fist. Most overrated small reward ever, people who are lazy love it cause you can turn Origins into a Buried wannabe by sitting in corners with this.

• Tech Admin

I went and had a game of Die Rise the other night, 2 players insistent that I plugged my mic in, so I did.

All I said was "Min on, Mic off" and unpluigged it straight away. Well, this started a stare down, with me being ready and those two refusing to go ready and refusing to back out (as was I) - i just wanted a game and couldnb't be bothered chatting. 20 minutes we were like this, then the fourth player and me both plugged headsets in, they went ready and me and the other player unplugged headsets and they backed out.

Something in nothing but I was like "get it right ****ing up ya" lol

I went and had a game of Die Rise the other night, 2 players insistent that I plugged my mic in, so I did.

All I said was "Min on, Mic off" and unpluigged it straight away. Well, this started a stare down, with me being ready and those two refusing to go ready and refusing to back out (as was I) - i just wanted a game and couldnb't be bothered chatting. 20 minutes we were like this, then the fourth player and me both plugged headsets in, they went ready and me and the other player unplugged headsets and they backed out.

Something in nothing but I was like "get it right ****ing up ya" lol

I understand not wanting to chat, but it was obvious these other 2 guys did. wouldn't it make sense to just back out and look for a more casual game>?   just rying to save ya 20 minutes next time lol.

• Tech Admin

They didn't they only wanted folk with a mic in, whether chatting or not, I explained that when I put my mic in. It was not on my head but will sit at the side of me and they said that's cool as long as you have it plugged in. Makes no sense but that's how it was and I was in a mood with them by that stage, so just wanted to mess with heads :D

• Administrators

See, when people act like brats with having a team full of mics, then it becomes a problem. I appreciate the cooperation and don't mind interacting/communicating with you some other way, but maybe I can't be bothered to plug mine in? Maybe my wife is talking to me about something she saw on Pinterest or I have some good buds over and they want to see how I rock my Zombies or how about the obvious?

I don't feel like having my mic in.

Unless we're doing some Side Quest that really needs someone with the knowledge of the steps, you may never hear my voice outside of regular Multiplayer.

• Tech Admin

Exactly, I just wanted to kick some zombie butt in peace and quite without having to chat to anyone.

In saying that though, Die Rise is one of those maps that it does seem to be essential due to the layout. When someone is doing, it is a task just to find them, so having the mic does help - but still, I don't want to ****ing talk OK lol

I don't really care if the people I play with have mics, but I prefer it just so they can call out where they go down if anything. Sometimes it looks like they're in one area but they're somewhere else. I usually don't care to talk on the mic and I just have it on for sake of call outs or if they ask me something. I'd much rather mute my mic and listen to music while killing zombies!

Oh yeah, I rarely speak when i play zombies but i do have my mic on for a couple reasons, like dinobot said, i will ask where someone is down so i can at least try to go revive them, and or to ask if they want X door opened.  but for 98% of the time i mute my mic and just roll with it.    I don't blame anyone for not wanting to just shoot the breeze while playing, but on most maps, it's undeniable that it can only help to have a means of communicating with your teammates.

All i can go by is experience, and an overwhelming amount of games i play with randoms without mics end with everybody quitting.

Although if any of you guys would like to play a micless game, I am confident we'd go a lot better than that!! :P

I rarely do no mic games as I get bored not talking.

I think if someone wants to play mic-less the onus is on them to leave if others want you to have a mic.

Its a team game and most people would say it requires communication. Most randoms are....interesting however and I do understand not wanting to use one.

I agree with Chopper there...It's a team game, so it demands communication. Most of us are pretty damn good at zombies and since we've played all these maps several times and know everything there is to know about them, we rely less on communication and more on the skills we've acquired. We must remember that other folks still might be playing zombies for the 1st or 3rd time when they run into us and at that point, being able to communicate with them is a great thing.

I usually keep my mic in and always try to break the ice with randoms. Best ice breaker? Make fun of their gamertag. Seriously, it lets you know if they have a sense of humor and if chatting is worth it.

Most times I end up playing random games and find 1 or 2 cool people to chat with, even if they're aren't great at zombies I can still have a good time, but many times I end up muting other players. 

Why do people have their mics plugged in, TV up really loud, but never say anything? They just let their mic blare the zombie theme and as much as others plead for them to turn that shit down, nothing...? Yeah, those people get muted and I don't care if they need to communicate. They lost that privilege when they wouldn't stop the annoying background noises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tech Admin

Nah, on any map, not just this one a mic is "not" required "at all". Communication is done in many ways without a mic.

Repeatedly stabbing a door - or location or by shooting at it and hitting the player for example, then shooting to the location is a simple yet effective method, although granted, some people just have no concept of the what is trying to be relayed to them and I do plug the MIC in on occasion and shout "open the f***ing door".

• 2 weeks later...