The Whole Mic Thing

Drytoast

It's funny how many people leave the lobby when they see I dont have my mic in. There's been many times where I decide to plug my mic in and everybody either talks about absolutely nothing important or they either rage when they get down or they ended up being terrible anyways. What is it about everyone requiring you need a mic? I'm a skull and dagger rank and I kno that doesn't prove much but I guarantee you I'm better skilwise and im one hell of a teammate than 80% of zombie players out there that have their mic plugged in...but just just because I don't feel like playing with my mic in it can take me on most occasions 5-10 minutes just to get a match started. Is there anyone else that feels the same?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to an extent. Sometimes all you hear when turning on your mic are people acting foolish, or not talking at all.

But communication is key to any successful Zombies team. Without a mic your team is destined for failure the minute things start going wrong. Having a mic is necessary for high round survival.

Also, welcome to the site!

I have mixed feelings on this.

I wish that like seperating games for best connection, you could also seperate high round intentions from those not willing to go as far.

There are many many times when I want to play with randoms, because the unpredictable nature is fun. I don't want to talk to them. I certainly don't want to go much past round 20 or so.

It'd be nice if I didn't have to waste serious players' time, and they mine.

Sometimes i get in lobbies with little kids an don't like to use the mic. Or just adults acting like kids as well. If you plan on playing co-op i suggest you try and play with people you know to avoid annoying people and people with bad connection that will send you right back to the home screen. That is just how i feel personally because i dont like playing with randoms for those reasons.  :wacko:

It's funny how many people leave the lobby when they see I dont have my mic in. There's been many times where I decide to plug my mic in and everybody either talks about absolutely nothing important or they either rage when they get down or they ended up being terrible anyways. What is it about everyone requiring you need a mic? I'm a skull and dagger rank and I kno that doesn't prove much but I guarantee you I'm better skilwise and im one hell of a teammate than 80% of zombie players out there that have their mic plugged in...but just just because I don't feel like playing with my mic in it can take me on most occasions 5-10 minutes just to get a match started. Is there anyone else that feels the same?

It's because more often than not, people without mics tend not to have headphones or aren't able to hear either.  Not all, I'm sure you are a good player, but from my perspective it's a numbers game. 

It should be a little more incomplicated.  And have prefrences starting with mic no mic       Then based on how far you plan on going, and how fast you wanna play.  Hunt for stuff or run through quick.    It's really hard for them to figure out a perfect system but should be better in some way. 

Dude, I TOTALLY agree with you on this one! When I put a mic in, it always seems that no one else has one. When I don't have one, everyone seems to! Of course, this is not always the case but it happens quite a bit. 

I think others can relate to this next point though (which is kind of funny)! I get in lobbies that have mics alot when I don't have mine out. Then, while I am fumbling around in my game supplies looking for a mic, the other players leave! I can't be the only one! 

Yeah, I only really use my mic when I'm playing with people I know. Otherwise I am 99.99% micless. If I get into a lobby of 3 mics, I automatically leave. They always ask for me to turn my mic on, and since I don't they leave. Just saves everyone's time if I leave straight away.

A mic is not always needed for a good game. Sometimes, we message each other with the basics of what we're trying to achieve, and follow suit. Randoms don't usually go for eggs. So it's more just focused on surviving. Origins is a little harder in that sense because there are so many challenges and stuff to do, but it's still achieveable without mics.

• Administrators

Mics are just useful when you see everyone else with one. I tend to have mine plugged in all the time, but I don't really talk unless there is another person talking. I'd rather not use my mic when people cry over wanting to do the Easter Eggs. Some randoms are fun to talk to, others are just an annoyance when their vocal level is causing my earpiece to catch on fire from the high pitches.

I never turn out mic with randoms unless to say a few things.

"stay away from my window you jack ass."

"Please don't take anymore carpenter"

"please don't just swoop in like that"

"I will kill your crawler after two minutes from now on."

"dont go there anymore, or else I'm not reviving you again"

I laughed. These are all applicable to myself.

In fact just the other night I plugged in my mic three different times in one game just to say three of these. The first one was verbatum.

I only use a mic if I am playing with friends.

While playing with randoms I never use a mic I just want to have fun and strategizing with strangers is not fun. imo

Lol, Ill agree the "stealing" windows in starting rooms is annoying because there are almost always 4.

Another time I'll speak up even if' im quietly playing with randoms is when "the leader" of the pack commands everyone to follow his directions so we can "get the golden ray gun" or some other nonsense like that.  That's when I'll come in and say, "No, I am not doing that because that is stupid and pointless" lol

But why would you not want to take a carpenter? 200 free points for everybody (400 if 2x points, and please don't say "to save drops for later rounds" because that works about as well as the golden ray gun plan") lol

• Administrators

But why would you not want to take a carpenter? 200 free points for everybody (400 if 2x points, and please don't say "to save drops for later rounds" because that works about as well as the golden ray gun plan") lol

It slows down the progress of the game. If it's like the random lobbys I play. Usually I have already had to hold a zombie every round. So the same person can get their perks for the eighth time on round 22.

• Administrators

Carpenter disrupts the flow of spawns, which is potentially dangerous.

It's also a pain in the ass when I'm already boarding up a barrier, only to have a near heart-attack from all the boards to smash against the barrier unexpectedly.

Thanks for taking my points - I'd rather go easy on the 10's than a flat 200.

It slows down the progress of the game. If it's like the random lobbys I play. Usually I have already had to hold a zombie every round. So the same person can get their perks for the eighth time on round 22.

Carpenter disrupts the flow of spawns, which is potentially dangerous.

It's also a pain in the ass when I'm already boarding up a barrier, only to have a near heart-attack from all the boards to smash against the barrier unexpectedly.

Thanks for taking my points - I'd rather go easy on the 10's than a flat 200.

eh agree to disagree.  I can see the spawn disruption thing if you're playing for high rounds on solo.  In the realm of this thread though, if i'm playing with randoms, or even with friends, it isn't gonna ruffle my feathers if we get carpenters.  worse case scenario i get a few less points from boarding and the rest of the team gets more, and maybe it makes the beginning of the next round take another 20 seconds

Jay is correct, but at the same time, it is situation specific.

Running the flopper pad in Ascension wouldn't give you a care in the world towards carpenters.

Trying to run the dragon room in Die Rise, with the bar and the food and etc, will make you care a lot if it's any time past 15 or so.

Granted I hope not to get that far with randoms.

• Tech Admin

I'm an honest man and if you get into a lobby with me do not expect me to plug a mic in for you, I'm also going to stay if someone say's plug a mic in or ***k off. I had a headset on for 10 years in customer service job and I'm not putting one on to play a game unless I want too or if I'm in a party.

Otherwise, shut the ***k up and stop whining and get on with the game, gaurenteed I'm going to be one reviving you (on the maps I know well) unless I'm having a bad game. Micless games make for a better and more interesting game, purely on the basis that when mic is plugged in for others, they never say anything anyway.

Sometimes I plug in my mic and try to comminuicate but its just not worth the hassle of having to hear nonsence.  One thing that really irritates me is hopping into a lobby and being told what staff i am allowed to build and use I LAUGH SOOO HARD when this happens like really. Another reason is buying doors how i hate hearing "Oh look at this guy hes not even gonna open the next door and he has the most points" when I have already opened up doors(the other 3 spent all their points on the box) and have points because I dont rush the box and spend all my points. Most the time I will just unplug my mic once the game starts because when ppl cant manage to stay alive they always wanna blame it on the person with better guns and perks who is doing well it never fails. To top it all off usually the person in the lobby bitching about everyone having mics is the 1st to rage quit (usually around round 10-15) and make the game pointless.