Putting The "grief" Back In "grief".

GameChanger

Inspired by Rissole's great post about how Turned can be improved, I decided to make post about how Grief could be improved as well. Keep in mind, this is a very rough sketch of ideas I'm copy and pasting from another post. I'll make sure to stop procrastinating and edit it with original ideas later in the day.

Grief returns with an emphasis on "Grief". The mode features "Power-Downs" which are meant to hurt the other team. Power-Downs include but are not limited to:

Min Ammo: 1/4 of the other team's total ammo is lost

Half Points: Reduces all points gained by half

Delayed-Death: All Zombies killed by other team will have a delayed reaction to death, similar to getting their heads shot off

Water Sale: Doubles the box's price for a whopping 5 minutes (this one is rare)

Ocean Sale: Doubles the PAP's price for a good 3 minutes.

Random Water Bottle: When you have 4 perks, it randomly dilutes a perk and makes you lose it (with the exception of Jugg and Mule Kick to be fair, this is is VERY VERY rare)

Bonus Debts: Lose between 500-1500 points on pickup.

Power-Downs in regular gameplay are very rare, but have an unlimited spawn rate per round. Usually, to receive one, you need to do a specific challenge a la Origins and then activate at a time of your choosing in a chest.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no more gimmicks, what we need is a map with no way to harm the other team via weapons… The EMPS were annoying AF in tranzit, there was no jug in cell block, and in buried, which ever team got the paralyzer first, basically won the game. 

A simple: Kill the other team by being better then them, mode would be great. THEN yes, the anti-drops would be an excellent return feature for grieving the other team… 

• Administrators

I have to agree and disagree, Mocking Me. Yes, you want to be better than the opposing team with your survival skills having to outmatch them in order to win. At the same time, you need to understand the concept of griefing. The goal is to play dirty in any way that doesn't include cheating [performing actions that are not initially supposed to be in a Grief match such as exploiting bugs]. This means forming team blockades or using certain items/power drops to hinder your opponents' performance.

As for what gamechanger posted, I like the concepts of them but a few seem to be too OP. The Random Water Bottle, for instance, could be a huge bugger. Even if you have an in-game function to make them rare, just imagine how tough it would be to lose Flopper on, say, Cellblock when blasting rounds near your feet. Still, it would be pretty funny to see that ragequit commencing in a few seconds.

They ought to have a de-Max Ammo that remove the enemys' current clips in their weapons so they are forced to reload.

Then let's compromise: After all trayarch does have an extra year of preparation, why not give us two grief maps? One with NO gimics, one with normal amounts of grieving tools… 

Also I agree with these anti drops: 

No-amo: Lose everything in your current clip, you jelly Lsat fags? 

Insta-down: Well not instant but it turns juggernog off for 10 seconds… Only dropped in the form of awards (feeding the dog for example) 

half points: Self explanatory… 

Frozen sale: turns the box off for 30 seconds. 

I like a lot of the ideas on here. Definitely makes it more challenging. I think either way, people will play the way they will play. If Grief stays the same, you will have people doing the things they think will work instead of just outlasting an opponent.

Blocking doorways to areas or knifing someone over and over and over will be some peoples go to move. Being lame or having perks, I will just outlast you (for the most part I will!). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am all for more grief personally. Out of all of black ops 2 it is easily the best thing to come out of the game to me, but only two of the maps were goof imho. Even bad players can drag a game right along on town, borough, or even mob (although I like mob). It shouldn't take two hours to play a game of grief. Then there is the constant host migrations, connection losses, and glitching. Dedicated servers will fix two of those issues at least.

It would be nice to have more maps. 4 maps kind of sucks, especially when there is some really bad map design.

• 10 months later...

What about these?

Half-Ammo 1: Halves all clips of the opposing team (only the weapon they're currently using)

Half-Ammo 2: Halves reserve ammo of the opposing team (only the weapon they're currently using)

Player Nuke: Spawns as a reward for killing X amount of zombies, red-screens the player on the other team with the least kills.

Player High: Gives a random opponent LSD effects on their screen that impedes vision.

Enemy Boss: Spawns in that map's boss (i.e. Brutus for Cell Block) that only attacks the other team.

What about these?

Half-Ammo 1: Halves all clips of the opposing team (only the weapon they're currently using)

Half-Ammo 2: Halves reserve ammo of the opposing team (only the weapon they're currently using)

Player Nuke: Spawns as a reward for killing X amount of zombies, red-screens the player on the other team with the least kills.

Player High: Gives a random opponent LSD effects on their screen that impedes vision.

Enemy Boss: Spawns in that map's boss (i.e. Brutus for Cell Block) that only attacks the other team.

This guy is working on something along these lines, maybe you can share your ideas with him.

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5966.0

What about these?

This guy is working on something along these lines, maybe you can share your ideas with him.

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5966.0

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.