Codz Official Streaming

Chopper

Hey Guys,

The staff have been considering how to further increase the social aspect of this site, and an idea being discussed is regularly streamed events/playdates.

Nothing is decided and we are looking for options.

This plugin has been installed and this is an example of what it would look like on the site.

An applet is also available which lists various different stream names and who is live currently.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php?app=livestreams&module=streams&section=stream&stream=3

We are looking for people who have the capability to stream and go into a somewhat rolling rota for official streams.

Any other suggestions you may have around this would be appreciated.

My idea would be to have an official stream bi-weekly, with a different streamer/host each time playing with other CODZ members.  Even if it only gives a regular place for members to go and have a chat with each other, I thought it would be good.

Chopper

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

You are in luck My. Chopper I had that very same idea. I've just started ordering the stuff I need to stream. Also if the plugin does not work correctly I reserved the name CallofDutyZombiesForum on twitch a few weeks back.

Sweet, I think that if it's something to pursue, that those that stream, shows the required levels etc could potentially stream on a CoDz forum twitch account. User access levels etc would need to be looked at and so forth but I can't see why we couldn't do this.

The application for the twitch integration here looks superb and version 2 is being worked on as well, which will bring more functions upon user feedback. I'm not quite happy with the hooks, I would personally like to see it have live stream links, but it split, featured and standard and the ability to limit the amount of featured it shows and standard. I don't like that it also includes a list of channels as well (just seems to bloat up the side bar unnecessarily.

It's a fantatic addition & one of many that I'm proposing to the staff, I need to run it past Nick and the moderators before implementing (if at all).

• Tech Admin

I did say, that we had more to come, this is some of it and we plan on doing a little more but only so much we can do before it becomes too much. Link now available in the main menu ;)

< off topic > Although, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Asylum < / off topic >

Remember, you can add streams, but don't just go adding streams left right and centre - add your own streams and if others exist then we can add them as well ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Tech Admin

Hey Folk's

Just thought I would mention, that I'm looking at the reasons as to why the sidebar item doesn't update when someone is online and why it doesn't do this in the main stream page either. It hasn't been forgotten about, just a million and one other things going on and it's "not a massive issue".

Anyway, upon further investigation, we need to upgrade the version of PHP we use on the server, once we upgrade this we should be good with the system updating itself. We're on the case and will update you all in due course.