Robot Zombies In Next Game Possibly?

So I'm surprised to see no threads regarding the robot zombies in CoD Online. I realize it's only in China, though knowing Activision and their love of making money, I reckon it's only a matter of when we'll get robot zombies. 

I mean, I know it's just NDU and Verruckt reskinned(With perks added to Nacht) and zombies replaced by zombified terminators. Still though, it feels fresh and it looks pretty cool too. Also introduces 4 new characters, unfamiliar with the names at the moment. 

All they would have to do is remove the 12 round max obviously since 12 rounds is much too short. 

For those wondering why China has robot zombies as opposed to actual zombies like we have, it's due to laws in China that prohibit skeletons and related imagery to be portrayed in forms of media. While zombies aren't technically skeletons per say, they show skeletal parts and represent the undead(Obviously) which is a no-no for them. So in order to coincide with the laws, they changed things up a bit and it actually looks pretty awesome. 

The zombots(Totally coining that term) look pretty creepy honestly, they have this eeriness about them that definitely stands out. Imagine being surrounded by flesh-hungry terminators, that's just a new element to the insanity. They even have mechanical hellhounds, which I also found to be pretty cool. 

I don't know, it just seems like a fresh take on zombies that I could potentially see in the future. I'd love it personally, I feel it's just what the series needs. I'm not saying blow it open and make everything this or create a new storyline based on it(Though they totally could). All I'm saying is this is really cool and I can see it coming to us in the (hopefully) near future. 

I'm really surprised nobody's made a topic regarding this. Maybe I'm stupid or blind or just overtired. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to go from zombies to zom-bots is kind of a call for attention: DUDES! THE TAKING DOG AT THE SHELL SHACK... IS SSSIIIIINNNGGGGIIIINNNGGGG!!!!  Is the best simile I can conjure up at this point. No, no, if anything a cyborg zombie would be cool as a boss ( where the hell are those damn EMPs NOW!?!?) But for all the zombies on the map? No… 

Well, maybe for a survival mode (that'd be cool!) 

I think the idea is really cool and i can see how the characters special perks and "zombots" is nice. I've seen some gameplay and as far as the game looks it seems pretty clean and is fresh from just normal zombies. But, there are some things i'd like to consider. If they completely change it from normal zombies to just "zombots" i think they may loose some of their fan base because people really like zombies(not saying they would or will just saying). Also, as you said, you can only get to a certain round before the game ends. I understand if it was round maybe 25-40 somewhere around there but i mean round 12? Really? But all in all the game looks pretty cool and its only in its development stages, so hopefully by the time the game is fully done it will be action packed and just as good as any other zombies!

Edit: I know the only reason they are using 'zombots' is because of Chinese laws. But thats not to say they wont bring it here for the Western world to try(:

What they should do, (I've put some thought into this now), is have an all zombies DLC with 4 bonus survival maps: 

Some remade map, with richtofen as the announcer 

A new map with the great evil as the announcer

A new map with samantha as the announcer, 

and a new map with maxis as the announcer and the map takes place in the "technological void" where zombies are robots and computer viruses sent to take down the computer's programs (perks, the box, PAP, Ect. ) and you act as the firewall. The Scrambler could be the wonder weapon that would literally scramble the code of the zombot-viruses, and anything else it hits. (Box goes off with a 60% larger chance of it moving, Perks prices drop, PAP re-paps an item. Ect. ) 

Sounds like a nice idea to me, what do you think?

I definitely like that idea. 

By no means did I mean to change the entire series over to zombots, sorry if I came across that way. I would want them to be implemented in maybe like one standalone map or maybe have an alternate zombies timeline going on with the zombots since it's a fresh and unexplored concept. If it were to be an alternate storyline then perhaps Treyarch would be better able to focus on the real one since they wouldn't need to fill so many map packs, thus running out of ideas/content faster. 

Maybe something like, give the campaign team the zombots to make a storyline out of and let the traditional zombie team continue on with it's baby. 

It's all just speculation and ideas really, I just really like the zombots for some reason, I think it's a refreshing change that's loaded with potential. 2 timelines at once would be a bit hectic potentially, though it's doable. 

Definitely digging the Maxis running the technological world. Perhaps that's the way Treyarch can bridge the gap to reflect people's choosing of Maxis or Richtofen. Two timelines, the normal one where Maxis has been banished by Richtofen and the alternate reality of sorts where Maxis now resides and controls the zombots, trying to find a way back to the real world. 

@Blazey No i didnt think you meant change the story line completely im just saying i do not want to see that happen. Also that is another great idea. It would be awesome if zombies branched out into two stories depending on which EE you chose!! Im being completely honest that idea could go somewhere

Thanks, you really think so? I'd love it if that happened, I think it'd be the perfect way to extend the original story and give us some fresh new content while also being able to reflect the decision making process of who's side you picked in the EE's. 

Instead of fading from existence or whatever happened to Maxis, he somehow managed to end up in an alternate universe and seize control of the zombots via the virus that Stop mocking me0 came up with. The new characters are fighting against Maxis who needs to find a way to open a rift for his soul to return to the real world or even get straight to Agartha one could also reason. Could even lead into a collision of the universes where both zombies AND zombots are running rampant, occasionally attacking one another all while swarming us, it has potential to be nothing but pure chaos and I love the thought of it. 

All I know is this, I'd love to kill some me some zombots and I'd love those re-imagined classic maps too. 

Yes, yes, yes, yes!! This is all coming together very well. Then after all this happens when zombots and zombies are together maybe they could kinda mix it up a little bit, a player may choose to fight for Richtofen and kill the zombots along side the zombies or Maxis by fighting the zombies along side the zombots, depending on which side you choose you get a special EE in result what happens to the world after you defeat the zombots/zombies. I know this is complicated but i think you get the drift :)

Yes, that's great! It all may seem like a massive cluster to some but I think that it fits in perfectly with the chaotic nature of zombies as a whole, it's always gotten more and more chaotic and outlandish, which is one of the major factors in my love for it overall. 

Siding with the zombies is an interesting factor, I could potentially even see a Grief mode expansion out of that as well, one team for the zombots and the other for the zombies, it would certainly make it much more appealing to me anyways since I didn't care for Grief really. 

The EE potential is extremely rich here, I can sense the biggest EE's in all of zombies. Interplanetary maps perhaps? Teleport to Mars to PaP, etc. A level where you travel between the different universes, one where Richtofen controls the zombies and the other where Maxis resides and controls the zombots, perhaps the perk machines have gone haywire and only some perks spawn in one universe while the rest spawn in the alternate, etc. 

Please please please whatever you do you need to let someone know about these ideas. I dont know how you would but you need to. i feel this is an awesome way for the zombies story to develop even more just after the event of Buried seem to be the end. Also, to add on top of all this maybe the Element 115 has been somewhat researched on and the reason the zombies now dont try eat you is because Science today did what it couldnt in the 1900's and actually do have an undead army that fights by your side, of course having less heath and not as smart only doing what Richtofen tells them to do. On the other hand if you decide to follow the Maxis side and fight along side zombots they have been implanted with a chip that makes them friendly. On the other hand if you do the vice versa of these 2 things instead of further research the zombies have been exposed to more E115 making them more berserk and makes them attack the zombots along with the zombies, and with the zombots if you dont choose to side with them they are implanted with the virus that Stop mocking me0 mentioned earlier. just sounds like a good back story to why it happened somewhat.

I'm not sure who to talk to or where I would need to go to pitch these ideas to, though I'm fairly sure Treyarch does view this site regularly so maybe this thread will get their attention, one could only hope at least. Maybe one of the more veteran members have an inside connection they could use to draw attention to it, etc. That, I don't really know. 

As for what you've said, I do think the zombies eat people, it just wouldn't work with the game mechanic since then there would be no such thing as revives because they'd be eaten instantly by the swarm. One could reason the player's death is them being "eaten" per say. Plus in the Mob trailer, when they all get surrounded, it seems as if all the zombies are about to start chowing down on them so there's that as well, along with in-game quotes directly referencing it. 

I do like the idea of the other zombies being further mutated by 115, perhaps becoming more erratic and aggressive thus making them hostile towards even the zombots(Whom I viewed as machines with a programmed taste for flesh, in this case, even rotten flesh). Alternatively, you could explain the zombies attacking the zombots through what the Walking Dead did with the whole scent thing. In the show, the zombies won't attack you if you mask your scent to blend in with them. Since the machines don't smell undead, they become targets of the zombies as well. The only difference needed in this is that in WD, the walkers(zombies) only attack things they recognize as living based on their scent, in zombies it would have to be they attack any being that doesn't smell undead, so that the zombots could fall under that criteria along with the added rage from further 115 radiation. Or hell, even make it as simple as Richtofen mastering the use of his power over the zombies a bit further to the point he can make them attack those he desires, truly becoming an undead army(Technically 935's goal would be achieved, right?). 

Yes i agree zombies not wanting to eat human flesh is outlandish and defeats the purpose. how about this.. the new characters are injected with small doses of E115 making the zombies notice, with the sent thing youve mentioned, that you are "one of them". Now i agree everything ive said may not be the best but im sure if a team of experts could take the ideas and make something out of it. as for no knowing who to go to ill spread the word around about this thread the best i can. And yes now that i think about it that would be another great idea because if Richtofen achieves power from you following his EE why wouldnt he use that power to achieve what he originally set out to do? 

I'm really surprised nobody's made a topic regarding this. Maybe I'm stupid or blind or just overtired. 

You are a bit late regarding this new CoD:Online. People did makes threads on it back in Nov/Dec.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158255-a-qa-for-codol-zombies-character-diarys-120/

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158231-call-of-duty-online-zombies/

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158233-new-zombies-cod-online-zombies/

I am sure there was a couple more, but can't see them.

Oh and another two cents to throw in, since the zombots have blue eyes(Though I suppose they could be changed to yellow/orange for Maxis) as it stands, the normal zombies eyes could maybe turn green due to the effects of the advanced 115 mutations in addition to being a cool little nod to Richtofen always being the green guy on the points chart. 

I just like the idea of a new zombie eye color personally, it's a subtle change but it stands out. I suppose it would make it easier to differentiate zombots and zombies since they wouldn't have the same eye color, although that could also be viewed negatively since them both having the same eye color would also be an added challenge. It's a double edged sword I suppose. 

Nah TS, your input is really helping craft this into something with real potential here, none of us are experts, or maybe we are and just don't know it? Just because we don't get paid for it doesn't mean the creativity is lacking  :ph34r:

The 115 injection would be a good element(Lol) for sure. OHHH! I just had a breakthrough when thinking of that. Perhaps THAT'S the way the original characters return? Maybe Samuel is the sole survivor of the N4 since Rich is inside him in addition to potential 115 effects due to biting into that arm, thus making him blend with the zombies now, while Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo were infused with 115 in the experiments, perhaps the effects have advanced on them as well and now they radiate 115 per say, just enough for the zombies to acknowledge as a non-target. 

Ah yes, this just keeps snowballing and snowballing. Now if only brainstorming back in high school was this easy. 

I understand that with all these changes yes it would be hard to imply some of the things into the story  but lets be honest here even if these ideas made it to someone big they'd tweak it to fit the story anyway so any idea is good to throw out there! It would be very interesting to see a new eye color due to the further mutation of the zombies being exposed to the E115 and i think that its a really good idea because their behavior will change as well. 

You are a bit late regarding this new CoD:Online. People did makes threads on it back in Nov/Dec.

as for this DeathBringerZen im sure this topic has been covered many times since the new robo zombies game was first heard of but we, at least, are throwing out original ideas instead coping what has already been told/thought of before. do you have any thoughts on the ideas we are throwing out yourself? :)

Agreed, I'm positive if it were to ever reach the devs, they would certainly do whatever they needed with it to make it fit and not create any plot holes. 

And yes, I for one am a big fan of more eye colors. At one point, I had an idea of perhaps introducing zombies with different eye colors in one map. Different eye colors could symbolize different traits the zombies have, some could be faster, some could maybe have a bit more power against Jugg, etc. 

But anyways, I think green would be the next logical choice for eye color for the reasons already stated above and to symbolize that these aren't your run of the mill zombies anymore. 

Yes and green is a color you think of when you think of radiation or exposure to elements unknown to man(at least i do) and makes perfect sense of the zombies being more mutated due to more E115. I also like the idea of different colors for different traits. Everyone always wants new special bosses. how about we just get new special zombies like you said that some may run faster some may be stronger some may have special abilities instead of fighting the same ole zombies day in and day out? and of course like you said they would have a distinctive eye color for their traits and abilities 

as for this DeathBringerZen im sure this topic has been covered many times since the new robo zombies game was first heard of but we, at least, are throwing out original ideas instead coping what has already been told/thought of before. do you have any thoughts on the ideas we are throwing out yourself? :)

I am just pointing out that the topic HAS been covered, as Blazey seemed to think it had passed over out heads without notice.

As for the Treyarch Dev's seeing it... they have not only seen it... they play it.

Personally, I don't see any point in trying to tie it into the storyline as there is no signs of it being a part of the same universe. Of course, there is several users on here who could fill you in on it more. Like the user who translated most of the menus and character profiles, or even Flammenwerfer who has an account and plays it daily.

Rather than trying to disect it myself, I will just wait and see if it makes it to the western world first, and if it does, I will then have a better understanding of it.

LOL, off topic really, but if you think about it...

All the countries are kinda like kids in a neighborhood. The US is the loud kid that nobody loves or hates but everyone is always hanging out with. The UK is that cool older kid who doesn't really care that younger kids like to hang out around him. And then theres North Korea. He isn't allowed to play and is usually spying on us from his fence or blowing things up in his backyard. And then there's China.

China has really strict parents who never let him stay late. He gets in trouble and dissapears for weeks at a time, and isnt allowed to play violent video games. Until now. After seeing how much we all love COD, his parents are finally letting him play it a little. 

Well there's my little metaphor. lolol