Black Ops 2: User's Guide (Work In Progress)

• Administrators

Thank you for the feedback MMX. I made up the PU names for this thread specifically for this thread as to not fall in the trend of unofficial community assigned names. While my intentions were good, I ended up being guilty of the same offense. I agree with you completely. I'll make them a bit more to the point. To be honest when I added the 'associated' items I thought it would be more pleasing to read and a bit more recognizable to folks who are less familiar with the effects of perks. However if it is just misleading the reader than I will reconsider it's use (with the exception of a few).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great and very detailed! I can see though why the buildables sections is incomplete! There are just so many to name and explain. Origins on its own had AT LEAST 6 or 7 buildables (including the staphs). 

I will do a bit of research and get to work on that part if I can! I don't know if it has already been completed by someone else, but I would be happy to help if it hasnt been! Let me know!

• Administrators

This is great and very detailed! I can see though why the buildables sections is incomplete! There are just so many to name and explain. Origins on its own had AT LEAST 6 or 7 buildables (including the staphs). 

I will do a bit of research and get to work on that part if I can! I don't know if it has already been completed by someone else, but I would be happy to help if it hasnt been! Let me know!

Yes getting all of the information together and organized and providing screen shots is taking some time. I'm really just working on it whenever I have some spare time. There will also be several more sections to come when I get to it. If you are able to grab some additional screen shots of part locations, I wouldn't turn them away ;).

• Administrators

Shots of the general area of the where the parts can be picked up. As many have multiple spawns in the same area, I didn't think I needed to go that specific as long as I provided a description to compliment it. Realizing how many buildables there actually are it has become quite the tedious task.

Realizing how many buildables there actually are it has become quite the tedious task.

That's how I started the Zombies Library. I started making a thread with all of the Secret Songs, then included the Loading Screen Music, then the Loading Screen Comic Book Pages. Then I thought, I'm going to write a thread with everything I have read & collected over the years. Talk about a tedious task, especially having to reformat everything!

But we do it for ourselves anyway CoDz.

The good thing is, the game has been out for long enough, and we still have plenty of time until the next one arrives, you can really take your time and gradually piece together an excellent guide, as opposed to what happens a lot upon a dlc release where everyone is just patching in info so quickly it often is terribly unorganized and hard to follow.

Such as origins.  I was trying to find a thread that included the locations of the yellow disks for maxis to pick up for the free Magna Collider, but everything was being discovered so quickly and just thrown into a new thread, it was hard to find (luckily my memory came to me and i found them all lol)

What i'm saying is this is going to be really useful and I appreciate those who are working on it !

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

I concur. It's quite handy. Definitely worth making it complete. At the very least, polish the completed sections also. ;)

Thanks, just about finished the next section.Should have it up in a day or so.

I have no proof, but hopefully by now it's become obvious that I'm very observant and curious.

Bszombie said this and i agree;

Jugger: used to be 3 downs with qr in one match. Then it changed, usually, if i died, let the game end, restart/3 times, i would get it. Sometimes there was no green flash, but the next try, it would take 4 hits to kill me. X2 seems to be tied to a certain number of points or kills during an x2. Phd usually took 6 flops from the saloon stairs to trigger it (occasionally 7, assumed buggy programming). Any nonflop fall damage makes it go away.

Non perks: i know that I've discussed these, feel free to ignore this, but it happened: once at diner, as Samuel, 4 player online match, i was down. Nobody could get me. Green sparkles appeared and i got up and got an audio cue from Richtofen. Months later, offline, split screen, my friend was Samuel, at diner (i think) and he went down. I could not get to him. A minute later i notice that he is up. I said how did you get up? He said there was one of those green flashes and i got up. Nobody else seems to have experienced this. 2 player ss, if i didn't get him up, who did?

Die Rise: I often hit the key button on the elevators as if it would call them, it doesn't. Then, one day the elevator (to the right of Sliq table) left as i came up to it. I hit x on the key pad (no key, no 'building key' animation), got a green sparkle and the elevator immediately returned to my level.

So maybe if everyone keeps hitting that key pad, someone can figure this puzzle out.

Happy hunting!

Edited by 83457