Die Rise Jump Scare? Or Just A Glitch?

Alright, so I was playing die rise, solo, with the SVU upgraded, the AN94 upgraded and the seliquifier. Anyways, I had gotten a nuke at the end of round 20-ish, and I found out that theres this useless little feature of being able to hold your breath while ADSing…

Anyways, a few rounds later, I decide to go look at the Moon bace-dots on the moon. NOTE: I did this from the bottom of the half-ramp in the buddah room , just from behind the wall.  All is normal, until I press the hold breath button, then all hell breaks loose, as I'm violently shoved back to the edge of the cliff while richtofen's demonic laughter breaks out- I did not get an extra perk, I did not hit the box, there was no typical reason to hear that laughter. 

SO, I decide to try again, and it does the exact same thing! 

A few more rounds pass by, in which time I have acquired who's who (unintentionally from the nova jumpers) THIS time when I do it, I get the same reaction BUT I am stripped of all my weapons, left only with a pistol. By now, I die, because It's round 30+ and I have no weapons.  Is it possible that the perk acquired activated prematurely, setting my weapons back to zero? 

SO: Any idea what this is about? It ONLY happened when I held my breath with the Upgraded SVU EXACTLY on the dot for a few seconds…. It could just be a glitch of some sorts… but I seriously don't see how those simple actions would trigger a glitch 3 times in one game… 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Mega and Boom are right. This is what they implemented in a patch during the Die Rise days to prevent glitching. It unfortunately is another one of those patches that only really seems to affect legit players though... like the death barrier they added to the tank that means if you are not on 4 bars, do not ride the tank or you WILL die!

Why can't they just incorporate a feature into the engine that detects if a player is standing still for too long a duration. Say 5 mins. If a player does not move from a single spot for 5 whole mins, the game stops recording their stats or something... I don't know.

Boom is right. Also holding your breath doesn't trigger it. If you stand in that area for too long, it'll trigger.

The way it works is that you have this big invisible box covering the whole area were players are allowed to move and play around. 

Now if you go outside of that area for a certain amount of time, the game will try to 'kick' you back in. If that doesn't work, the game will kill you.

I advise staying clear of these areas. As the game keeps track of how many times you're 'cheating'. 

• 1 month later...

You sure? It was just on that pole thing in the corner of the buddah room, seems perfectly "on map" to me, in a place where zombies can get to me quite easily…  and I've had this trigger in different times as well, sometimes just 3 seconds, another took about 10, but it always triggers when I hold my breath…

On the broken red column? You can stand there for 30 rounds without moving, just using the pink shotgun. That doesn't trigger it by itself. I did a few whole rounds last night when i got bored of running laps, no issues.

It must have to do with the scope and/or moon. I had the dsr but with iron sights.

I passed 10 early rounds just standing on the escalator so i could r+g the higher rounds (i died r+ging/fell off building).

The breath-holding feature is for long-range cod mp snipes. It's not useless, even considering how ridiculously tiny Treyarch makes mp maps... But they're always a joke when it comes to the mp.

It happened to me on the pole that takes you to the second level in the Buddha room. I'd say that's where they're talking about.

I was having a flawless game, round 30 something with no downs. So I stand there waiting for the round to start while looking at the moon, only to get moved. I thought it was like a hidden easter egg that I'd found!

I try it again on the next round, and BOOM, starting pistol, no perks, and zombies everywhere! Needless to say, I didn't last very long on that game!

If it's the long red column, then yes, there was an issue with standing next to it/the column near the bottom of it that Trollarch fooled with to hinder glitchers. I hid there for a few seconds from the crawlers, they got near me and it actually teleported me across the Buddha room, keeping me safe. I thankfully didn't lose anything as i heard that you do and i certainly had no intent to glitch my game.