Is Buried Really The Final Resting Place Of The Tranzit 4?

Weasel

I'm sure alot of you hate the Tranzit 4 but they was never really terrible, I mean sure I hated Misty and hoped she died in Buried but there is so much to explain about their past and what they would do after the EE.

For me I think if we had one amazing map with them I would like them more, but if they just died in Buried that kinda seems like a waste for Treyarch implementing new characters. Personally I loved the group (apart from Misty) and they could do so much more.

BTW, Don't know if there already is a topic on this because I could not find any :P 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I feel like Origins was only made for those people who were obsessing over the O4 returning.

Also, I remember that before Buried was made, there was a Tweet saying how we get to decide the N4's fate.

However, this later turned into "The world's fate" as nothing is really hinted at aside from Richtofen decides Maxis' fate and Maxis deicdes the world's fate, which they could've been like the O4 and managed to survive until the next zombies map. (Which may or may not happen)

But if I remember the Buried trailer, it did show the N4 infront of headstones, which could be considered "forshadowing" if they did die in Buried.

Personally, the N4 were a wasted oppurtunity.

Samuel's voices, Russman's past, "The Flesh"

All could've made great Easter Eggs.

Based on their popularity amongst the community, or unpopularity in this case, I would be very surprised to see them return.

I still personally feel the Origins ending was designed to put an end to the characters we played as (O4 & N4), and the storyline also, but only time will tell for sure. I hope that it is not the case, but I would also understand seeing as the current storyline did run away with itself a little.

I actually did not mind the N4, but by the time Buried came along, I found their quotes a little cringe worthy. They were very repetitive in what they said. Most buried quotes were just reworded versions of those found in Tranzit and Die Rise.

Personally, I feel like Origins was only made for those people who were obsessing over the O4 returning.

Exactly how I feel. When they got the negative reception in TranZit and probably Die Rise. They probably decided than to make Origins what it is now.

I think they will return. I hate they did the Richtofen/Maxis split, because now they have to choose which side is canon, or an explanation that 115 did it.

I did think of a scenario where both situations merge into one.

On Richtofen's side, Richtofen didn't actually get rid of Maxis (much like he thought he did in Moon by "deleting" him), so while Richtofen is stuck in Samuel, Maxis takes over.

On Maxis' side, Maxis decides to put Richtofen inside Samuel since he thinks the N4 are doomed, OR, Samuel eats a Richtofen zombie, therefore being transferred into Samuel.

Either way, Maxis ends up in charge with Richtofen inside Samuel. I think that's the best of both worlds, and just the best we can make out of a situation like that.

Or 115 just merged both timelines or whatever.

Anyway, I think we will see the N4 again, and I hope we have expanded backstory on them, we get biographies like the Shi No Numa one's for the O4, that plots like The Flesh, Broken Arrow, Marlton in Nuketown, just all their pasts basically. It's unfair to give that chance to the O4 (well mostly to Richtofen), but not to the N4.

The N4 were not terrible. I really liked them, and kinda hated Misty because of the objectification by many immature younger (and older!) players.

Now, everyone thinks that the N4 died in Buried because Richtofen shows us!

How? Well, remember the Round Infinity step where the N4 were found dead holding the switch? So many people have tried to tell me that the reason we'll never see the N4 again is because ya know, they died at Buried, Treyarch shows they die in Round Infinity! But what this theory lacks is a bit of LOGIC. They died at "Resolution 1295" when they HAD the switch. This means that they had NOT completed the Easter Egg at this point. Completing the Easter Egg rules out that future as a possibility. The N4 didn't die in Buried.

The N4 were not terrible. I really liked them, and kinda hated Misty because of the objectification by many immature younger (and older!) players.

How? Well, remember the Round Infinity step where the N4 were found dead holding the switch? So many people have tried to tell me that the reason we'll never see the N4 again is because ya know, they died at Buried, Treyarch shows they die in Round Infinity! But what this theory lacks is a bit of LOGIC. They died at "Resolution 1295" when they HAD the switch. This means that they had NOT completed the Easter Egg at this point. Completing the Easter Egg rules out that future as a possibility. The N4 didn't die in Buried.

Yeah, Misty really needs some more focus by the writers in the next game. Her character is pretty bland compared to the colorful personalities to the rest of the N4.

Of course your average person believes the N4 died in Buried. The average CoD player was never really known for exhibiting skills of critical thinking.

As I recall, Treyarch described as someone who 'would grow to be the hero'. I'm sorry, but Marlton didn't do anything significant yet. Therefore his story cannot be over.

I really hope the N4 return in the next installment of CoD zombies. Though I also kind of fear the story line has come to an end, because either Maxis is gone forever, or he is unstoppable. Either way seems permanent

This is actually a very good point I haven't seen pointed out before, so nice job Nai.

I would relate this more to the fact of Richtofen sending them back in time to try again like in Die Rise, and all the déjà-vu quotes they always have. He basically merges two timelines together temporarily (Our current timeline we play in, and one where they had the switches but died before continuing the egg). I guess this also creates a paradox, one where the switches have no true origins, and only end up on their bodies because they took it off their bodies, who took it off their bodies, etc.

Ultimately it's Richtofen causing the paradox, but he wouldn't stop. So it's an endless cycle and repeat until they actually complete the egg I guess.

So yeah, apart from being biased towards them, I really don't think Treyarch would introduce these characters, give them an incomplete backstory, only to abandon them. I really do believe they will be in the next game as our main characters again.

• Administrators

Supposedly they walked to the spawn location. They were set on going to the site basically on Russmans knoewledge of the rift. They did what they set out to do, and nothing should be stopping them from walking right back out of there. I don't see any reason their last stand would have to be on Buried.

• Administrators

Supposedly they walked to the spawn location. They were set on going to the site basically on Russmans knoewledge of the rift. They did what they set out to do, and nothing should be stopping them from walking right back out of there. I don't see any reason their last stand would have to be on Buried.

I like the O4 from BO1, not so much on 2. On 1 they were funny and I still hear things I never heard before.In regards to the N4, If they would have answered any questions, such as The Flesh, Broken Arrow, and how many other survivors there were then I wouldn't mind seeing them again. We have a lot of back story on the O4, not much on N4. And I thought Buried was supposed to answer a lot of these questions, all it did was raise more. But then again there are supposedly  secrets still not found all the way back to WOW. My point on the O4 is, they aren't as fun in BO2. I still laugh at the quotes from 1. Origins has it'a moments from the O4, but not comparable imo. MOTD could have been put in to illustrate to us that there could be an alternate reality where certain people get caught in one loop for "infinity'' rounds. But all this aside, and I could be wrong, but it seems I remember hearing that 3arc isn't doing CoD anymore. Or maybe it was just BO they wasn't going to continue. So if BO series itself stops and another 3arc CoD title comes out. Then I think it;s highly possible there will be no O4, N4, Sam, Dr. Maxis or any of the story that we have had in any of the titles since Nazi Zombies. It wouldn't be so bad to have a new cast of characters and a new story line to go off of would it? Look at all the different Walking Dead storied have spawned from Kirkman. But BO 2 could be the final resting place for all the characters so far. I do miss the old Nikolai though  ^_^

I think that Russman dies on Die Rise from one of the jumping jacks (as seen in the intro cinematic for Die Rise). Then, in the same cinematic, the rest of the team is overwhelmed and assumed to be killed! This is followed by Richtofen's voice saying something like: "Accept your fate. Begin anew." Some, including myself, think that the intro is like a glimpse that the characters get about their future fate in the crumbling building. They can fight and fight all they want but in the end, they must die (as is of course customary in zombies). So, when you spawn on die rise it is just the characters' last push before death. 

SO, I believe that their final resting place is Die Rise. Now, I dont know how buried fits in but I really dont think this is where they die!

• 4 months later...

With Buried the N4 were starting to get character expansion, as much as I know it wont happen I wish they would come back, I actually had many ideas on how to give them a new take, some by temporal displacement where they travel to different timelines different from our own, some by a darker story path explaining Samuel and the Flesh with aa lot of emotional storyline. But thats just my opinion.