The Chrome Glitch

Discovery

So currently I'm playing a game of solo zombies on Five and the following has occurred:

On the floor there is a reflection of the presidential room (can really be seen in Olympia/MPL hallways).

Quick Revive's Symbol on the perk machine is a black circle.

Chalk outlines can't be seen.

The zombies are entirely black except for their eyes.

I'm thinking that this is a glitch and it won't happen again (unfortunately I can't record) BUT this makes the map 1000X scarier.  I'm actually liking it a lot!

Has this happened to anyone before??

IT'S UNIVERSAL.  I ended my game on Five and no joke Shangri-La looks like Area 51!  As Delta said it appears that this will last until I reset the console.

Shangri-La:

All grass/leaves textures are missing, making "paradise" look barren.

Zombies have their normal texture back.

Summary

The main differences appeared on Kino,Five, and even Dead Ops.  Wonder weapons such as VR-11, Scavenger, and the Wave Gun seemed to be unaffected(at least that's how they looked in the box- all other weapons were chrome).  The texture glitch appears to be a one time thing and I will probably never run into it again so sorry if I missed things (mainly the Thunder Gun, box was being stupid)

Things affected include:

Non-DLC Weapons (none from the WaW maps or DLCs 1-4), Power Switch, Defcon switch, box location board on Kino, some parts of Perk machines, many misc. object that reflect different parts of the map, some parts on the ground and walls, dogs, claymores, Bowie Knife, Death Machine, JFK's hair, Richtofen's hat.  

On DOA, Kino and Five the zombies were entirely black except for their eyes.  Same goes for the characters(they looked scarier than zombies).  On Shangri-La my hands were chrome colored but on most other maps they were pitch black.

VIDEO:  This guy really explains it:  '>

EDIT:  I've shut the console off, no going back to it . . .  So I hope to get the pics somewhere soonish!(Within a few days as long as I can find a good place to put them all in one spot; anyone know a site?)

Pictures:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a simple texture glitch to me. Will probably be normal after you restart your console.

As for it happening to me, I had a texture error on Ascension once. The lander plates, where it lands, were just very low res gray blocks.

I kind of thought so :(.  Sad because it's really cool!

Oh well though!

Could you possibly take even a picture of all this?

A really low quality picture! 

Actually maybe.  Anything specific(Right now on Shang)??  I'm guessing this will last over a few games so I can go "sightseeing"

And if I do find a camera it will be a little bit to get proof.

But yeah it's just a glitch and I'm actually getting a little dizzy.

I had this same issue happen to me in a game of Call of the Dead one time. We restarted the match and it was still happening so I rebooted the console and it went away. Did not try it on any other maps, but it made CotD looks really messed up.

Same effect too. Everything was silver coated. It usually could be a sign your console is close to going kapoot, but it was about a year ago it happened to me, and I am still using the same 360 to this day!?