Death Traps, Places You Avoid

Death traps, they are everywhere. You avoid them at all costs. Unfortunately during the course of a game, someone will go down in a death trap that you know you should not attempt to revive, but love the challenge that you couldn't. Assuming you have weak weapons and will revive based on pure skills.

Let's list the notable death traps.

-Double Tap, Town-

When mystery box spawns there, you know someone will die there at some point. Past round 13, when you have the pistol and MP5, you need the stars to align in order to revive. I have only done it once vesus 100+ failed attempts, when I was the only one left, hoard the zombs and head up thru MP5 to clear the stamina path.

-Die Rise, the whole map-

Forget about it, unless they are right next to you. I avoid the power building altogether.

-Upper War Room, Five-

Unless you have a full hoard forget about it.

-Jug Room or in the tunnel, Der Riese-

Cut your losses, I'm not coming.

-Maze, Buried-

I'm no gypsy but death is in your future.

-Basement below power room, Verrukt-

The map is big enough that it is possible for revive, but unless you are a hot chick or carrying my child I'm letting you die.

Ok, that's all I have at this point. Be sure to add your least favorite places to visit.

Thanks for reading, tommorrow I'm doing a guide on how to make dogs stop humping your legs.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PaP on Ascension.

A single entry, multiple windows, no way to escape unless someone has a Thundergun.

Dressing Room on Kino.

I am always scared going through there when leading people, in case someone decides to become trapped on a corner and get horribly mauled.

For me, a death trap is place you should not go to in the middle of the round, a place where, if you go down in the middle of the round there when you should not have been there, I will accept your death before it even happens. The death trap areas are where I won't even try to revive for fear of dying of zombies.

Nacht: By Mule Kick

Verruckt: BAR room

Der Riese: Near Juggernog, near Grenades

Kino: The Alley, Generator room

Five: Hallways and small rooms on the 3rd floor

Call of the Dead: Lighthouse balcony, either end of ship

Shangri-La: In the mud, near Semtex

Moon: No Man's Land

Green Run: Pack-A-Punch tunnel, middle of the fog

Great Leap Forward: bottom two floors of sweatshop

Alcatraz Island: bathroom

Resolution 1295: Processing, the maze, the mansion, the church

Excavation Site 64: an unopened tunnel

And lastly, corners. If you go down in a corner, scoot OUT of the corner so people can revive you without being mauled to death from behind.

Oh boy, a high round player (like me) has several...: Nacht: Mule kick Verruckt: BAR Room, The double trap strat SNN: Doctors Quarters Der Riese: Jug alley (Missed it several times after downs), M1 alleyway Kino: Jug area, the alley (if not on instakill rounds) Five: top floor, if not doing traps (esp. if trying to setup windows) Ascension: PaP room, Sickle Lander CotD: The whole map basically.. Shang: The whole map, save the AK area Moon: Outside without PES (durp) Tranzit: Double tap, town Die Rise: Everywhere. Mob: The stairs near the acid trap Buried: Small areas w/o paralyzer Origins: Generators where robots area (past 111, pb 116)

There are some tougher revives, and then there are some near impossible revives.

When I see people go down in weird places, I see them as new challenges to conquer. I used to watch the British Bull Dogs first room challenges, and I have picked up some excellent information on positioning during revives, both as the reviver and the revivee. (That's right, I made up those words.)

I play with randoms a lot, and still see a lot guys with pedigree clueless during revive situations. They either blast their way aimlessly or lay like a dead chicken.

Trample Steams facing the wrong way in Die Rise because some idiot didn't bother to face it correctly.

Trample Steams facing the wrong way in Die Rise because some idiot.

Trample Steams facing the wrong way.

Trample Steams.

please refrain from drinking and posting.

Trying to Tramplesteam from Buddha Room, back towards the AN-94 to revive someone...Hahaha, yeah right.

Warden's Office. Don't ever linger there. It's deceptively survivable-looking, but it's a death trap, IMO.

The back door from the Stage of KDT and all that leading to the Alley. Let's just leave that door closed. ALWAYS.

Nearly everything else has been covered, although as a general rule I'd say once players settle in and the game goes past R20...Leaving your zone to revive another is a low percentage play.

Ill almost always try and revive.This idea is invalid.Die a hero or live a pu$$y.

Die a hero.

But what it comes down to is this:

Do I let them die and lose their stuff, or do I get them and risk getting trapped and lose the entire game?

Whether or not you go for the revive depends on your chances of getting them and surviving yourself. If the odds aren't good you don't take the risk. This thread is about all the spots where the odds are not in your favor.

Just sayin.

But what it comes down to is this:

Do I let them die and lose their stuff, or do I get them and risk getting trapped and lose the entire game?

Whether or not you go for the revive depends on your chances of getting them and surviving yourself. If the odds aren't good you don't take the risk. This thread is about all the spots where the odds are not in your favor.

Just sayin.

have some brains.And In a serious game I agree.With randoms,Ill go for that revive :)

• Administrators
  • The narrow hallway leading the the rope in MotD. I have no idea why you would need to go down there mid-round, but it is not the place to be.
  • The power room on die rise can be pretty hazardous and would not be recommended for an extended stay.
  • Generator six on Origins.