Call of Duty Online Zombies

Matches it perfectly Pinnaz. Quite the company, I guess that's there Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc all in one package.

@DBZ Damn. I want to delete this since its wasting space, but I'm a little hesitant incase something does come up to make it work. Still in beta and its not a final version though.

Would you know the best way to delete/uninstall something like this? Seeing as there isn't a physical file I can find, I might have to do a System Restore to get rid of it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Isn't BinSys Chinese? Sorry if he isn't, not trying to profile, I just know he is ridiculously smart and would probably have some good input on this subject.

He is from Japan.

On topic: Kind of surprised that this is a thing.

I remember watching the first trailer for CoD online and thinking how it looked derpy.

I guess it is succesful though.

"I went through a lot of websites I didn't not like to see at all but oh well it was kinda nice so I took a lil' break after that"

Made me laugh

Thanks for the vid, Lenne.

Looks pretty fun actually.

Good thing is this shows that the whole survival co-op idea is more popular than ever in Call of Duty.

So, that gameplay video you posted, Lenne, is definitely a futuristic NDU. I have so many questions and no one will have answers, I bet. At this point I can only assume...

I'm assuming Treyarch has sold and/or couldn't retain certain rights to the Zombies mode and Activision has complete control now. Perhaps Treyarch managed to keep something to themselves (evident by the fact that these aren't actually zombies), but ultimately I think this solidifies my thoughts that we won't see Treyarch in anymore CoD games. If Treyarch managed to keep rights to something, hopefully they'll launch a title of their own, but this CoD Online and this 'Dead Rising' mode just leads me to believe Activision is holiding the zombie reins now.

Who knows? Maybe Tencent is a Chinese affiliate of Treyarch?

Here's who Tencent is...

A Chinese online gaming service, similar to Steam. Which makes me think they're only responsible for the online portion and the gameplay is strictly Activision. More reason to doubt AV and Treyarch are ever going to work again... :cry:

Whether or not this gets released for other countries, I'm worried about what this means big picture-wise for Treyarch and zombies. Kinda makes me suspect Origins was a last ditch attempt to please fans with an quasi-ending.

I'm assuming Treyarch has sold and/or couldn't retain certain rights to the Zombies mode and Activision has complete control now.

Treyarch never owned the rights to 'Zombies'. Activision does as it's part of the Call of Duty brand.

Everything Treyarch makes (from audio to 3D models) under the CoD name is all owned by Activision.

So that for instance, Activision can easily give existing assets like audio, models, textures and what not, from any IW/3arc title and give them straight to Tencent Games without any legal issues with IW or Treyarch.

Remember, CoD Online is especially made and tailored to the exact needs and interests of the average Chinese gamer.

I'm thinking it's part cyborg part zombie because futuristic stuff is much more popular in Asia than here in the West.

Remember, CoD Online is especially made and tailored to the exact needs and interests of the average Chinese gamer.

I'm thinking it's part cyborg part zombie because futuristic stuff is much more popular in Asia than here in the West.

That makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines that certain storyline aspects were Treyarch's and Treyarch's alone, such as the Richtofen/Maxis dynamic and that's why we're seeing new characters and new zombie models, but what you propose makes much more sense and leaves the door open for Treyarch to do more with AV.

I still feel Origins was completely out of place and almost seemed rushed and squeezed in, perhaps after some legalities about another title with the Zombies mode deemed that impossible for Treyarch, but who knows...Maybe this is just a Chinese thing and has no relevance on what other markets will see in the future for CoD Zombies.

I'm not sure we'll see any new maps at all. All the MP maps are past maps from the Modern Warfare/Black Ops series. Same with this, it's Nacht der Untoten with perks, a Gersch Device and a possible ending, just all reskinned.

However, what's made from this, Treyarch can get ideas from. It's entirely possible we may get these characters in future installments. A unique thing I see is that Juggernaut/Death Machine. Either it's an enemy like the Panzer but with a Death Machine, or we can get Juggernaut Armour possibly.

Story-wise it's nothing, gameplay it's exactly the same, and we may see aspects of it put into zombies if it fares well.

Eternal bringing back that theory of no more Treyarch. lol

Looks fun, but nothing incredible. Black Ops 3 (or equivalent) needs to come soon!!! More, give me more! No, not a bit less! I need more Zombies. :D

Whatever hype I may have had about this COD online thing is mostly gone, lol.

Guys i'm so happy and i downloading game right now! I'm live on far east in Russia and China so close with us. Well, i'm wanna play and show you screens if i see something unteresting and tell you about mode! Btw i was know about that idea with cyberg zombies and tell you about that before. I was just thinking conception with zombie cyborgs will be in ladt DLC for BO2. I am glad that my ideas coincided with the developers ideas!

It looks kinda fun, but I'm not personally hyped as some of you guys are. It seems to be simply a reskinned Zombies mode. I'd like to play it, but it doesn't seem worth the effort to deal with translating Chinese, playing around with Proxies, and listening to only Chinese while I play Nacht with a different setting.

It looks kinda fun, but I'm not personally hyped as some of you guys are. It seems to be simply a reskinned Zombies mode. I'd like to play it, but it doesn't seem worth the effort to deal with translating Chinese, playing around with Proxies, and listening to only Chinese while I play Nacht with a different setting.

This is exactly how I feel. Not worth the hype until they make some original maps (or reskin Der Riese).

As I said in my last post in this topic, I feel it's more of a "cyborgs turn on humanity" scenario rather than actual zombies.

Obviously we can expect to see some EE's [Like Nacht] but I really do not think it'll progress the story, unless it's going to have a sperate story, as Treyarch started the zombies story we all know and love and they'll be the ones who end it. I don't care what MW3/Online/Ghosts says about the story, it's only canon in Treyarch's games.

I hope this ends up getting released to the masses it would be great to have this to take the edge off waiting for the next treyarch title. Hopefully if its good people will make enough nose for activison to at least consider it. I read treyarch nor infinty ward had anything to do with making this so i'm really interested to see how it turns out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow the zombie cyborg mode thing looks really good! Its almost like their own version of Origins with the tank and giant robot thing.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

Thanks for posting that @MixMasterNut

Here are a few more video links for Call of Duty: Online

Making of "Call of Duty: Online - Live Action Trailer" - Chris Evans Interview

Raven Software Developer Interview - Call of Duty: Online

All 3 of these videos are on the Call of Duty: Online website homepage right now - http://codol.qq.com/

Here are a heap more "Online" videos - Call of Duty: Online - Video Playlists

I'm thinking that "Call of Duty: Online" is a beta test for the future of the Call of Duty Franchise. "Free-to-Play"

"Call of Duty Online is a Free-to-Play entry in the Call of Duty series made for the Chinese market." - Raven Software

This is the all important video. All of the Developers working together under Activision. Interviews from all of the Company Heads - 

Must Watch

http://v.qq.com/cover/p/p3esr32civojlyw.html?vid=q00144rkdeo

Thanks for posting that @MixMasterNut

Here are a few more video links for Call of Duty: Online

Making of "Call of Duty: Online - Live Action Trailer" - Chris Evans Interview

Raven Software Developer Interview - Call of Duty: Online

All 3 of these videos are on the Call of Duty: Online website homepage right now - http://codol.qq.com/

Here are a heap more "Online" videos - Call of Duty: Online - Video Playlists

I'm thinking that "Call of Duty: Online" is a beta test for the future of the Call of Duty Franchise. "Free-to-Play"

"Call of Duty Online is a Free-to-Play entry in the Call of Duty series made for the Chinese market." - Raven Software

This is the all important video. All of the Developers working together under Activision. Interviews from all of the Company Heads - 

Must Watch

http://v.qq.com/cover/p/p3esr32civojlyw.html?vid=q00144rkdeo

Would it be safe to say Raven are technically developers for COD now like Treyarch, IW and SH? They should certainly be treated in that way.