A new twist on 'Your Favorite Map' (Black Ops 2)

So we all have a favorite map, and when we think about our favorite map many things factor into what makes that map your favorite. Rather it be the memories of the coop games you had with your friends, the boss, the perks, or other things, all of these come to play when figuring out what map is your favorite.

Now lets set all those aside and focus on one thing.

What is your favorite map to just continuously slay zombies till they take over you and you have no more quick revives left? That is, what is your favorite map to go for a high round on.

To keep this simple we will only talk about black ops 2 maps.

Lets keep this nice, if you feel all the maps on bo2 are trash, keep it to yourself. We dont want to spread the negativity.

:D
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets keep this nice, if you feel all the maps on bo2 are trash, keep it to yourself. We dont want to spread the negativity. :D

Damn... lol.

Ok, if I have to pick one, I would have to say MotD. It was a toss up between that and Die Rise, but I have to give it to MotD for being a little tougher, and also more interesting.

I can literally walk to any round I want on Die Rise depending on luck with Max Ammo's, but MotD had a array of things you could use, like the trap, Redeemer, Blundergat, Mark II and more. With Die Rise, it was pretty much the Sliquifier all the way.

Lets keep this nice, if you feel all the maps on bo2 are trash, keep it to yourself. We dont want to spread the negativity. :D

Damn... lol.

Ok, if I have to pick one, I would have to say MotD. It was a toss up between that and Die Rise, but I have to give it to MotD for being a little tougher, and also more interesting.

I can literally walk to any round I want on Die Rise depending on luck with Max Ammo's, but MotD had a array of things you could use, like the trap, Redeemer, Blundergat, Mark II and more. With Die Rise, it was pretty much the Sliquifier all the way.

Yea die rise was my second favorite. And possibly my favorite at times depending on how origins is treating me. But on die rise with the an94, the early 30 rounds are a piece of cake. After that if you are lucky and get the rgm2 you can easily get to whatever round you are skilled enough to get to. I also love the fact that the boss round on doe rise gives you a break every so often and makes the later rounds go by a little faster.

Im just tired of making threads that die down in a day because someone gets sidetracked about how they hate the game. :|

For high rounds I chose buried...

MOTD it's easy, what with the infinite redeemer thing..

But in buried its even more rediculous: Want more perks? Witches house! Guns stopped working? Lol paralyzer! Accidentally went down? Timebomb back to when you were good! Need recharge time? Green mist!

It's easily possible to get to round infinity (both literally and metaphorically) on this map... Most people in solo with reasonable skill die for only two reasons:

You tried to do something extra and got cocky

Or you had to/ get bored and leave...

9/10 it's #2 for me...

But in buried its even more rediculous: Want more perks? Witches house! Guns stopped working? Lol paralyzer! Accidentally went down? Timebomb back to when you were good! Need recharge time? Green mist!

My main problem with Buried though is that it is, 1: Far too easy, and 2: It's really boring too. lol.

MotD at least was pretty tough. Training the canteen was only easy because of the shield and electric cherry. Without both it would be a nightmare. Having the Redeemer, traps and other various weapons at least allows the option of mixing it up a bit.

I know that is also the case for Origins, but I don't like that map. (Sorry BSZ... :lol: )

My main problem with Buried though is that it is, 1: Far too easy, and 2: It's really boring too. lol.

MotD at least was pretty tough. Training the canteen was only easy because of the shield and electric cherry. Without both it would be a nightmare. Having the Redeemer, traps and other various weapons at least allows the option of mixing it up a bit.

I know that is also the case for Origins, but I don't like that map. (Sorry BSZ... :lol: )

At least you are pointing out the positives also. Some people just scream negatives.

But motd was fun for me also. But in my opinion not as difficult as die rise and no where near origins difficulty.

But motd was fun for me also. But in my opinion not as difficult as die rise and no where near origins difficulty.

I think Die Rise is ridiculously easy. If you train in the room with the hole doing the figure eight, then you are good to 70+ then it's all about luck with Max Ammo's.

I felt MotD was more challenging. Going round the canteen was tricky sometimes with the windows at the sides and meant you had to be on your toes at all times. Even then, I still took around 7 downs in my round 70.

You are right about your earlier point with Die Rise though. Having the Nova Crawler round did give the player something to look forward too and also sped up the process.

Most maps do have different things to mix it up, but I feel MotD got the balance perfect, while Buried messed it up by giving too many OP weapons and features that killed the challenge.

I think Die Rise is ridiculously easy. If you train in the room with the hole doing the figure eight, then you are good to 70+ then it's all about luck with Max Ammo's.

I felt MotD was more challenging. Going round the canteen was tricky sometimes with the windows at the sides and meant you had to be on your toes at all times. Even then, I still took around 7 downs in my round 70.

You are right about your earlier point with Die Rise though. Having the Nova Crawler round did give the player something to look forward too and also sped up the process.

Most maps do have different things to mix it up, but I feel MotD got the balance perfect, while Buried messed it up by giving too many OP weapons and features that killed the challenge.

I just get to cocky when running die rise chains. I get to close to the action and then bam i get hit twice after already taking three hits. And now im in whos who. And then its 60% luck and 40% skill if I get to my trample steam or not. How to revive yourself with trample steam/whos who

And then if I dont get there then its game over quickly and sadly. Motd you can screw up about 5 times over three rounds and be a-ok.

When I run the room with the hole, I place a Trample Steam on the lower section so if I go into Who's Who, 9/10 times I spawn in the lower section so I can either quickly run for the elevator shaft, or the Trample Steam and get thrown over towards the MP5, giving me two possible escape routes... because I damn sure ain't gonna try for the revive. Buddha room is the only good spot for reviving yourself I find.

I can normally run in there without going down, but when it happens, it is a 50/50 on whether I survive. Depends on how fast the zombies spawn or get in my way.

Thing about that now though, is that the Persistent Tombstone perk makes it super easy, and if you just buy your 4 perks, you have 3 shots at going down where you will come back up with all your perks (minus QR) before the machine disappears, but unlimited Nova Crawler rounds to earn the perk for free. It takes all the challenge out of the map now.

This is a feature that is NOT present in MotD.

When I run the room with the hole, I place a Trample Steam on the lower section so if I go into Who's Who, 9/10 times I spawn in the lower section so I can either quickly run for the elevator shaft, or the Trample Steam and get thrown over towards the MP5, giving me two possible escape routes... because I damn sure ain't gonna try for the revive. Buddha room is the only good spot for reviving yourself I find.

I can normally run in there without going down, but when it happens, it is a 50/50 on whether I survive. Depends on how fast the zombies spawn or get in my way.

Thing about that now though, is that the Persistent Tombstone perk makes it super easy, and if you just buy your 4 perks, you have 3 shots at going down where you will come back up with all your perks (minus QR) before the machine disappears, but unlimited Nova Crawler rounds to earn the perk for free. It takes all the challenge out of the map now.

This is a feature that is NOT present in MotD.

this is true, but i am forced to play local since I dont have xbox live at the moment. Because of this I do not have persistent perks. Or a bank/fridge. This map did become easier over time though. Origins still is my favorite map though.

Town.

No -- 'build this useless thing here, withdraw unlimited(!) monies from bank there, road to Sam's whining thataway' -- just straight up killing Zombies.

Mob's a close second. I really like Mob's setting, design and characters.

The other maps are way too easy.

For me they get boring after round 15 or so.

Town I can play all day with some nice relaxing music and a cup of coffee.

• 4 weeks later...

Origins for sure, visually appealing, lots of side stuff to do, if you want. Plenty of new weapons, chocked full of story, and I get to hear my old characters again. I can get a lot further in other maps, but it's origins that holds the most enjoyment for me, I still space out looking at those giant robots coming towards me, I really hope future maps go for these kinds of epic backgrounds.

Would love to see a map like tranzit in mid chaos as zombies run through a populated area outside the map.