golden shovel question

TheBSZombie

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im wondering if there is an actual in-game barrier though. You can get to the bridge with the retriever by round 8. I think earlier. But it is impossible to actually get the redeemer by round 10 because it just will not activate. Im wondering if its the same with the shovel. Where no matter how much you dig up, it still will not give you the shovel till round 10.

There might be a mathematical barrier. Like, it may be physically be impossible to get it at too early a Round because there simply aren't enough spots to dig.

Theres also that to. The earliest I have gotten it is round 10 personally on a solo game.

Edit: well it doesnt open all the doors but with 6500 points you can access all the dig mounds.

by round 9 one can have access to all areas, it is possible to attack all these mounds by then...

However, even if one was to do so, i doubt that they would receive a golden shovel either way, as one needs to not only dig a lot of mounds but I believe some one must have dug every mound on the map before as well...

On round 3 solo I have all of the map open.

Nonsence...

No way you could obtain lets see...

500 for the first door, 750 for the next,

1000 to enter the workshop, double that to unlock the opposite path,then take 1000 away because you don't need to buy the workshop door twice, 1250 for the way to NML,

1000 for gen 5, 2250 for the PAP area, 1250 for the first church door and then another 1000 after that for the second, coming to a grand total of

lets see.... 2500, 3500, 4750, 5750, 8000, 9250,10250 points to open the whole map... by round 10? Oh yeah easy, six? Bit tough but yeah I can see it... But not three... Not round three...

Nonsence...

No way you could obtain lets see...

500 for the first door, 750 for the next,

1000 to enter the workshop, double that to unlock the opposite path,then take 1000 away because you don't need to buy the workshop door twice, 1250 for the way to NML,

1000 for gen 5, 2250 for the PAP area, 1250 for the first church door and then another 1000 after that for the second, coming to a grand total of

lets see.... 2500, 3500, 4750, 5750, 8000, 9250,10250 points to open the whole map... by round 10? Oh yeah easy, six? Bit tough but yeah I can see it... But not three... Not round three...

You can immediately take 2250 away from that. Technically you need that to open the entire map, but for what BS and others are talking about it's irrelevant if it's opened. No digs behind there.

So we are now at 8,000 points, which is definitely possible at the end of round 3. I've come close to that on BO1 anyway, and you get a free *2 on this one.

I personally would never bother, as it's nowhere near going to happen 100% of the time, but it will definitely happen that you get the whole map open by round 3.

On an additional point, I'd say that if you were just talking about the 3 Ice pieces, you would almost never need to open Gen 3, 5 and 6. You will more than likely receive the pieces without having to open all of them, if that's what floats your boat.

500 for the first door leading to speed. 750 for the second door. 1000 and 1250 for the workshop doors.

1000 for stamina but usually you dont have to open those doors because you can see if the dig sites are there.

2250 (maybe 2500 im not sure) for the church doors.

That is 7000 points. And then to check the dig sites at the second tank station, just take the path between stamina and the PAP. Follow that all the way down and then you can go into the trenches that lead to the three dig sites there, then go behind the tank station and follow the path back to spawn. And then purchase the 500 door back into spawn to get out of your trapped area.

That brings the total to 7500.

Easily attainable through digging for points, using your double points, reapairing windows, and killing templar zombies.

Only reason i do that is because i try to get the ice staff parts before it stops snowing.