The Unwritten Rules Of Zombies(Voting Open)

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

If everyone agrees to save a zombie at the end of the round it does not mean "kill all your zombies then hope someone saved one for you" EVERYONE saves one to ensure higher chance of two being uninjered and not die out.

Can someone sum that up in fancy "thou art" terms?

Ha I already did :D

If thou doth proclaim "Preserve a member of the Undead". Thou must prepare to safeguard the Revenant thyself.

Also thank you everyone for your posts so far, I'm really enjoying reading them. I'll leave the suggestions open for a few more days. Then I will open a poll so we can vote on the Top ten. Keep them coming!

Gracias,

El Boom

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Thou shall always ask everyone first to reload before acquiring Max Ammos.

This one is a touchy subject. I used to play that way but stopped when it resulted in death several times due to having to wait on people reloading and tossing out there Monkey Bombs etc, so now I just call out Max Ammo and if time permits, I leave it, but if I am at risk, it get's grabbed straight away.

I have also got in to serious verbal arguments with idiots who start screaming that they lost out on 30-100 bullets because I did not give them time to reload, despite the fact that they STILL got shit load of ammo for free regardless.

So... this is not an unwritten rule in zombies. It is just a kind gesture if it proves possible to hold off while team mates reload, but not worth dying for.

I second this.

Thou shall attempt to communicate the presence of max ammos with as much time as one can safely allow before it is consumed in a holy manner.

• Administrators

On a side note:

I never understood the point of throwing out monkey bombs prior to pick up the drop. Specifically in a lobby where everyone is training. They do very little damage on the rounds where it would matter, and just screw up the route you are running. Gersch device is different story.

On a side note:

I never understood the point of throwing out monkey bombs prior to pick up the drop. Specifically in a lobby where everyone is training. They do very little damage on the rounds where it would matter, and just screw up the route you are running. Gersch device is different story.

I feel this falls into 'it depends on the situation' area.

In mp training, it is often counter-productive.

If you're holding an area together (camping or some group objective like upgrading brofists/filling chests) it just adds time and a breather to the game. After you throw a mb/beacon, everyone can calmly reload and make dent in the crowd at the same time.

Of course round, skill of players, familiarity with each others play, current situation, all affect the play so it again comes to 'depends on the situation'.

-Thou shall always ask everyone first to reload before acquiring Max Ammos.

This one is a touchy subject. I used to play that way but stopped when it resulted in death several times due to having to wait on people reloading and tossing out there Monkey Bombs etc, so now I just call out Max Ammo and if time permits, I leave it, but if I am at risk, it get's grabbed straight away.

I have also got in to serious verbal arguments with idiots who start screaming that they lost out on 30-100 bullets because I did not give them time to reload, despite the fact that they STILL got shit load of ammo for free regardless.

So... this is not an unwritten rule in zombies. It is just a kind gesture if it proves possible to hold off while team mates reload, but not worth dying for.

I second this.

Thou shall attempt to communicate the presence of max ammos with as much time as one can safely allow before it is consumed in a holy manner.

That's more of the sentiment I was aiming for really. Just the courtesy of letting everyone know its dropped, and if everyone has the time to reload that's why you mention a reload. If you have to grab it because its running out or the zombie dropped it right into you then clearly that's okay.

Alright guys, I had to do it. Tankeo Dempsaki's 10 commandments for the mystery box cult.

For those of you who don't know, these illustrate stereotypical noob behavior. In other words, DO THE OPPOSITE!

The Ten Commandments, set forth by the almighty mystery box himself.

1: Thou shalt not open any doors unless I await you.

2: Thou shalt worship me, and only me, as the key to your victory. These beings known as "Perks" and "strategies" are false prophets, and following them can only lead to your destruction.

3: Thou shalt bestow all points upon me, for by this tribute your faith in me is proven.

4: Those who deny me shalt not be revived.

5: Giving points unto other beings, such as the False Prophets, shall lead to your destruction.

6: My bounty is plenty, give unto me any weapons you do not desire, for you will surely get a better one next time.

7: Follow me, and only me, wherever I may roam.

8: And unto those who have been overtaken, and are not followers of the Almighty Box, who have refused it's ominescence and Forsaken themselves in doing so, offer no help, and no pity.

9: Thou shalt spin around three times, dive to prone and shoot all four corners.

10: He totally stole that Wundergun from you.

Here's the original conversation where we made up the mystery box cult. Of course all credit goes to tankeo.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 6&p=231125

I made a spin-off thread about the mystery box cult later. You can read that here.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 00&t=24491

Fun times. :D

Or how about Peter Griffin's commandments?

1. Shut the hell up.

2. I can't do anything about the lag.

3. There's no more wonder guns in the box. We bought them all. THEY'RE GONE.

4. Every time you pull a crappy gun from the box, don't tell everyone about it.

4. Every time you pull a crappy gun from the box, don't tell everyone about it.

"Gosh darn it, I got the SMR!!!!!!

And about the monkey thing with the max ammos, i honestly throw them just to have a break from the action.

Thou shall not take my hacked mystery box gun unless you are given permission. It is not my fault I cant breath when trying to save points on the surface of the moon :P

• Administrators

Good point about the hacked box weapons. Another similar one:

Thou shalt maintain thine possession of the hacker, or alternatively stop bitching when the biodome gets decompressed.

I kinda gave up on the biblical dialect halfway through that one. :mrgreen:

You're Jesus everything you says is biblical! This could also route back to mine which was a generalized version of what you're saying here.

"Thou shalt not covet thy teammate's window, nor their kills, nor any thing that is thy teammate's."

Much more appropriate. :D

Thou shalt raise the max ammo on high and count to three. The number to which thou shall count shall be three, and three shall be the number of the counting. The number to which thou shall not count is two, nor will thou count to four. Once thou hath reached the number of the counting, then shall thou retrieve the Max ammo.