The Unwritten Rules Of Zombies(Voting Open)

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

[tab][/tab]Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and Jay, as I'm sure most of you are aware we as zombies players follow a basic set of rules that have been passed down through the ages or for five years at least. I thought that I would utilize the great minds in the forum to transcribe the rules in to a neat list, or ten zomb commandments if you will. So please leave your suggestions and call out if you think a fellow member has a good idea. I'll kick it off with a few of my own.(These are not finalized, just getting things stared.)

• Thou shalt not covet thy teammate's window, nor their kills, nor any thing that is thy teammate's.
  • Thou shalt not take more than one turn one the box while others are waiting. Once per cycle!
  • Those who dedicate time to construct traps or weaponry may claim ownership.
  • Thou shall not Glitch. The road less traveled will always be more rewarding.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont believe in your rule 3. The guy with the most wealth should buy the most expensive door. If player A has 750 points and player b has 1000 points. Player b should open door 2 and player A should open door 1. So I advise a change to 'Those who are bestowed with great wealth shall open the most expensive door.

• Administrators

Very true BSZ! I was thinking more along the lines of classic maps where it doesn't take fifteen doors(I exaggerate) to reach a decent gun. The two door walk through does seem to be the standard these days. So how about something like "Those who are bestowed with great wealth shall open the the most expensive door". I feel like it is safe to assume this scenario specifically applies to early game play.

Yeah Rule 3 is a bit iffy. There are times in 4p games where you have to buy the doors twice because you somehow still have the most points in the group. Usually I believe everyone should open one door (usually takes about 4 doors to get to center/power anyway), but it's hard when they spend it straight on the box, or realize the box is on the other side, so they run back to spawn and start spending their points on the other side to get to it. #logic

Thou shalt not attack George Romero until it's time for his demise.

Thou shall not leave a fellow teammate behind via teleporter/lunar lander unless absolutely necessary.

• Administrators

(usually takes about 4 doors to get to center/power anyway), but it's hard when they spend it straight on the box, or realize the box is on the other side, so they run back to spawn and start spending their points on the other side to get to it. #logic
Ah we're talking kino ;)

I took it out so we don't have to dwell on it anymore, like I said above those aren't the finalized rules I was just spit balling. I want to hear all of your opinions on the top 'do's' and 'don't s' in zombies. After we get a few good ideas out there, we'll determine which are the best. One just popped into my head right now, with a Ghost Buster's theme at that:

Never Cross Streams. Communicate your training paths.

Here is my opinion on the whole door thing:

Rule X: Thou who hast capitalized the greatest shall not be punished for doing so in the form of being coerced into purchasing group necessities on all his own. Expenditures shall be divided equally not based on the income of each of thou.

Corollary 1: Thou who is privileged, be it by luck or skill, to have capitalized the greatest, should pity those less fortunate than he and be willing to pay for extra expenditures to help his fellow man when the opportunity is present or convenient, not because thou was forced by some written rule but because of thy kindness.

Thou shall not reneg(?sp) on promises.

People often agree to play a certain way, knowing that they ate lying to you.

Like: Der Riese: gonna camp the flytrap hall. Everybody want to do this (explanations and agreements follow)? Then some randy bk opens the door to the trench gun side like a total ass-hat. Why lie?

If you're in a designated position, communicate with the team if you must (or just stupidly) leave your position. It it's round 20, sorry there had been no action at your window for 5 whole seconds, please don't wander off without communicating this fact. "hmmm, no zombies at my window, o guess I'll wander over to somebody else's window..." (team gets swarmed from behind).

Hey, maybe you just need to run for ammo or something important and hopefully quick. Well, the rest of us would still love to know.

Oh, you got bored, do ran off to lone-wolf? Please communicate this fact as we have very limited senses in cod.

New testament:

-Though shall not stray from the group, less they be left to thine unholy horde....

-Though shall not spam thy wunder fizz machine...

-If thine is holder of tune golden shovel, one seases to dig until thine companions hold thine glorious excivator as well...

-Though shall not kill outside of the dog head or soul chest boxes until thine are fulled...

-Thoughe shall not kill the last crawler if thine teamate has given command...

-Though shall leave thy party if your Voice is silenced by any means, be it lack of mic, party chat, or lack of use of mic.

-Though does not enter thy game unless one means to finish thy game...

The gospel of the Demonic anouncer...

I don't agree with this one. Even if their mic went out, or they don't posses one, it'd be better for them to at least hear other player's commands than no communication at all...

Agreed. I would rather have a non mic player in a party so it gives us some kind of chance at having them hear us in-game.

Yep. Me and my friends often did this with randoms, and I had to do it myself. We would say, "jump twice if you can hear us." And if they did, then awesome, they can listen.

-Thou shall play with thine contemporaries, squeakers be damned.

-Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours points by shooting over their shoulders.

-Thou shall not lead crawlers near those who've gone to use the facilities.

-Thou shall not blame thine teammates for downs related to your own poor tactics.

-Thou shall only spam the box in order to acquire Easter Egg specific weaponry.

-Thine perk/weapons load out should reflect thine skills, not thine vanity.

-Thou shall not acquire nukes while building points in early rounds.

-Thou shall always ask everyone first to reload before acquiring Max Ammos.

-Thine own ability to survive is often more crucial than reviving a downed team, no need to be a hero.

-Thine stats are incidental, thine team/objective comes first.

-Thou shall always ask everyone first to reload before acquiring Max Ammos.

This one is a touchy subject. I used to play that way but stopped when it resulted in death several times due to having to wait on people reloading and tossing out there Monkey Bombs etc, so now I just call out Max Ammo and if time permits, I leave it, but if I am at risk, it get's grabbed straight away.

I have also got in to serious verbal arguments with idiots who start screaming that they lost out on 30-100 bullets because I did not give them time to reload, despite the fact that they STILL got shit load of ammo for free regardless.

So... this is not an unwritten rule in zombies. It is just a kind gesture if it proves possible to hold off while team mates reload, but not worth dying for.