Finding Orange Mounds with Semtex

Reaper2909

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper: It is a glitch, as the Semtex wasn't meant to be implemented into the game.

I wonder if this same technique can be used on the "winged beast" zombie...

What do you mean the symtex wasnt meant to be implemented into the game?

I mean the ability to use Semtex to find the mounds wasn't implemented....

Oh ok.

I think it WAS meant to be implemented and here's why:

Think about it, there are 16 dig spots, 4 players, each player has 4 semtex every two rounds. That's 16 semtex total when everyone has max ammo. If each player throws a semtex at four potential dig spots, then the golden mound will be found. It just makes sense. If you get lucky with zombie bloods, then a player could be earning an extra perk slot every two rounds, after everyone has the golden shovel.

I think it WAS meant to be implemented and here's why:

Think about it, there are 16 dig spots, 4 players, each player has 4 semtex every two rounds. That's 16 semtex total when everyone has max ammo. If each player throws a semtex at four potential dig spots, then the golden mound will be found. It just makes sense. If you get lucky with zombie bloods, then a player could be earning an extra perk slot every two rounds, after everyone has the golden shovel.

Well by that logic:

You start off with 500 points in solo... Turn on gen. You now have 300 points... Kill 3 zombies and collect compleation $$ you should have 610-ish points, gone prone in front of quick revive and buy quick revive... Now knife every zombie, do not collect nukes, do not collect double points, do not rebuild barriers...

How many points do you have now? 935...

BAM proof of the perfect starting strategy! Or origins of why 935 is called 935!

This seems intentional to me, a secret to be discovered put there by the devs to help you find the mound.

Pretty slick, and why it doesn't work with grenades or other explosive weapons.

I would still like to see a video of it in action though.

Not to be a hater, but given how poorly made this game is (bugs and continuous errors), and given Treyarch's track record. Tbh, it's probably a bug. Not hating, just facing the reality of Treyarch's ways...

This seems intentional to me, a secret to be discovered put there by the devs to help you find the mound.

Not to be a hater, but given how poorly made this game is (bugs and continuous errors), and given Treyarch's track record. Tbh, it's probably a bug. Not hating, just facing the reality of Treyarch's ways...

You try making an entire immersive level in two months. They have fewer bugs than many other AAA titles.

You try making an entire immersive level in two months. They have fewer bugs than many other AAA titles.

That's really sad for the industry, how do they get away with making such poo?/rhetorical.

I have played and enjoyed the zombies and mp, i didn't mean to be mean, i was just saying that given the plethora of bugs in this game (and the equally buggy predecessor), the Semtex thing seems unintentional. If it was all explosives, i would get more of a purposeful feel from it. But maybe that's just me.

Happy gaming!

I'll be doing this when I get home, it was a good argument to say four players equals sixteen semtex. Regardless, I see this as harmless if it's considered a glitch. I'm still new to most of the secrets in the map (been away for a bit and been playing other titles) so it's good to save a little time by doing this, even though you still need the zombie blood. Appreciate the knowledge!

• 1 month later...

I still dont get how this is helpful at all. I've seen one video of someone doing this, and i did it myself, but what is the benefit?

Whats different than just getting a zombie blood and finding the spot then digging it up? Wheres the benefit to knowing where it is? If you are in zombie blood, you can see it already.

If this worked when not in zombie blood i could see the advantage, but this still baffles me.

You dont have to be in zombie blood to throw the semtex down. You just have to have zombie blood to dig it up. Without this, you would have to get at least 3 zombie bloods to check all 16 spots. And that can take forever if you want to get 4 extra perks. Ut usually takes three rounds at least to get a zombie blood. But with this trick you can locate the mound in one round and just wait for a zombie blood n a nearby area.

You dont have to be in zombie blood to throw the semtex down. You just have to have zombie blood to dig it up. Without this, you would have to get at least 3 zombie bloods to check all 16 spots. And that can take forever if you want to get 4 extra perks. Ut usually takes three rounds at least to get a zombie blood. But with this trick you can locate the mound in one round and just wait for a zombie blood n a nearby area.

Ok...so then the video i watched just sucked. This makes more sense. Thanks.