Extinction Mode IMPRESSIONS

Caddyman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It definitely doesn't have the replay value that zombies has; but hey it's not Zombies. Play the game without thinking it's IW's zombie knock off and it's actually a pretty great game mode. I think it has the possibilityto be amazing. It's not there yet, but it definitely has potential. I'm really liking the class system. It creates a completely different gaming experience for each player; and allows you to tackle different leader boards. The challenge system is pretty boss as well, and some of them are pretty well ah challenging. :)

• Administrators

Honestly, I was disappointed.

I had high hopes for this game mode and I thought that it could possibly be better than Zombies, thankfully I was wrong but I guess we're going to have to hang around for another year before (possibly) we get more Zombies.

Comparing it to Zombies is the worst thing you can do in terms of scoring it. Put our beloved move aside and then you'll see that Extinction is a pretty damn interesting - if not creative - mode.

tried it a few times at a friends house. not exactly awful as i though it would be,pretty decent actually. but its missing that feel that zombies had that drawn me in. that mystery,the historical perpsective,the theorizing,and so much more. to me its not bad,just doesnt have the pizzaz im looking for,like civ5's fall of rome campaign.

tried it a few times at a friends house. not exactly awful as i though it would be,pretty decent actually. but its missing that feel that zombies had that drawn me in. that mystery,the historical perpsective,the theorizing,and so much more. to me its not bad,just doesnt have the pizzaz im looking for,like civ5's fall of rome campaign.

Well, there's only one map so far, so I can't see there being a big story already being established.

Well, there's only one map so far, so I can't see there being a big story already being established.

i know right? its like the same amount of info we had on WAW natch der untoten. lolololz

Me personaly. I like the game mode. it defently is not zombies. it completly different. this game mode is focused on Teamwork down to the skill point. I like it. Even after max presteging and surviving with 5 relic's their is still more to play. The leaderboards especialy i would have to give them prop's on. They where well thought out and enstablished. I also like the fact the games are objective baised and are around an hour or so long. I like my endurance challange with zombies, but with this i would have to say they did make a fun playing experence for the hour or hour and a half it takes. Also the big thing, no more babysitting crawlers of the undead. Gosh how i hated that aspect.

• 5 weeks later...

I really enjoy the new extinction mode. I think people fail to remember what zombies started off as. And its that very point that i hope they continue extinction as the alternate to zombies and keep making it better and grow bigger and better.

Im a prestige 5 already and still have fun playing it. I think there is so much they can do with it. Im excited to see the dlc and what changes they make

I played it once with two friends and a random. We won it.

My concern is replay value. Until i own it and okay a bunch, i won't know.

More interesting than special ops. And i love that there is no story; i like games without provided story. Like if I played football; it is a game to be a game. We don't need backstory as to why they are on the gridiron.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having so much fun with this game, playing laggy mp and bots, that I've still hardly been playing this mode. But i do like it, even trying to get my solo game on.

To me, it is a team game. Maybe once i have sentry guns i can rock solo well, but i hate people a lot. Nothing personal.

My original impression was that this game mode is pretty fun.

Unfortunately it hasn't aged well with me, and I really wasn't impressed by the first DLC trailer. It looks like the exact same type of map with a different skin on it.  That's where zombies is so good is the variety in look and feel of the maps. 

Needless to say, I've been back on a zombies kick lately playing a lot of black ops 1,.

Hopefully the DLC proves my first impression wrong

That Nightfall DLC looks pretty good, if the other Exctinction maps are any good I might actually pick up a copy of ghosts x)

There is a s a l e going on for xbox gold members 33% off. Yes extinction does get boring, but It's a nice experience away from zombies. If you moderately enjoy playing multiplayer then get it. Buying this only for extinction is probably not worth.

There is a s a l e going on for xbox gold members 33% off. Yes extinction does get boring, but It's a nice experience away from zombies. If you moderately enjoy playing multiplayer then get it. Buying this only for extinction is probably not worth.

a s a l e?  on the season pass or just onslaught?  i'm intrigued