When Nuketown Zombies Really Takes Place (Proof)!

OldiesMan

So. Nuketown Zombies. Great map. But.....I bet some of you are sitting there getting curious as to when this map actually takes place. Well, fear not, fellow zombie gamers! I have legit facts and evidence regarding when this map takes place. I know this has been covered before, but certain things have not been gone over. These are important facts! Let's first start off with the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty of 1963. This limited all Nuclear Testing to below the ground. As we can Clearly see, Nuketown Zombie's Nuke was positioned on a Tower. This is what we refer to as a "Above Ground" Or "Atmospheric" Explosion. These were, as I have said, banned in 1963. There were no more 'nuketowns' built in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and so on. Their heyday, however, was during the 1950s. Now, of course, I'm not just gonna say "Oh, well, Nuketown's set in the 1950s." No. But.....it sure as heck looks '50s. From the vehicles on this map to the houses, Nuketown screams 1950s Deco. And yes, I've seen the Crossroads Sign on Nuketown; The 'Operation Latchkey' one. These tests were carried out in 1968, and were all underground. There was no 'Nuketown.' No structures were built during these tests. I'm convinced that Nuketown takes place earlier than 1963. My best guess would be about 1961-62. The Styling of this map, as I have said, gives us a good Idea. Very late Fifties/Early Sixties. Heck, even the cars are from the 50s. The Bus, for example: http://www.classicbusdepot.com/images/u ... my-bus.jpg A 1950s General Motors. The Red Truck? Not an exact model, but they blend features from a Few 50s cabover trucks with the 1961 Ford "H" Series. The Truck on the outside of the map is a old M-35, which was entered into production in 1949. Also, you can read about the test ban treaty here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_Nu ... Ban_Treaty

So, my verdict? 1962. Unless, of course, Treyarch ignored all the historical facts.....**Heavy Sigh**

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bring up some interesting points. Not to mention that it would be odd for Nuketown (the original) to take place in the present, when all the maps and Black Ops Campaign takes place in the 60's. Several pieces of Moon indicate 60's date as well.

But than you have evidence contradicting it. The 1996 sign in Die Rise. The Chernobyl signs in TranZit, etc.

They honestly just need to publish a book or an official timeline of maps. I like to think from CotD onwards (Shangri-La, Moon, Nuketown) it was 2011, than 2025 in TranZit onwards. But as you said, there is just so much contradicting evidence everywhere, so I don't really even know what to think.

• Administrators

According to the Call of Duty website, Nuketown agents "mysteriously" lose contact with Hangar 18, then setting up Nuketown Zombies. No Man’s Land is suspected to be Hangar 18. So naturally, I have come to the conclusion that them losing communication is the outbreak in No Man's Land. Now this is where the discrepancies begin, I believe No Man’s Land very likely happened in or before 1968, because of the banner that we see in the back of the Hangar and the sign that says 1960.

I don't see why the banner would be hung up after the operative team of Hangar 18 left in 1968, therefore making me believe that the outbreak had happened in or before 1968. Also, the 1960 sign implies that change in procedure or law had occurred recently. Because No Man's Land, Moon, and Nuketown happen at the same time, Nuketown also happened in or before 1968.

It did not happen in 2025 based on how there’s already a Nuketown 2025 map and Nuketown Zombies is not that same style, it’s the older, original Black Ops style. In Nuketown Zombies, we see a mushroom cloud which is from the original Black Ops multiplayer map, and mushroom clouds only last a few hours.

That's my projection. I haven't been here for a while so something may have changed, and if so, I will change that accordingly!

It's not contradicting. It is a fact that the past can exist in the future. (I can own an Egyptian antique.) It is a near impossibility for the future to exist in the past. (I cannot own a quantum computer.)

The world was blown up in simul. At one time. Therefore, there is a single point in time, a single date, that is the day the world blew up. Because I what I illustrated above, we can find a MINIMUM date for this day. Let's scour the world to see what existed on this day.

Hm... let's see. There was:

a 1998 tower

a "Since 1996" poster

NavCard electronic chips

flatscreen computer monitors

futuristic multicolor LED fridges with radio, weather, and traffic settings

soldiers of the Strategic Defense Coalition

The SDC was formed in 2025. Therefore the world was blown up in 2025 MINIMUM. Moon and Nuketown take place on the day of Armageddon. Therefore, they take place in 2025. So there's a Nuketown 2025? Okay. That's no different than me buying an iPhone 4 and still having my old iPhone 3. iPhone 4 also has so many new features, like no zombies.

All I can say is: Tachyon pulse, ripples in the timeline from the Maxis rockets. Which lets face it if Maxis made them they had 115 in the core.

Also remember that Maxis was searching for decades.

I still believe that when a incident occurs no matter when or where the time lines are merged.

If an MPD node is activate in 1960, if the node exists in 2025 then it causes time to become non-linear.

Best example is Kino.

Nuketown is the Kino of BOII.

Also could this be why they warned us of the Manhattan Project in Kino.

I believe one reason Maxis would target this area with his rockets is because he knew that there was a large deposit of 115 which would magnify the initial blast.

Regards Alpha.

Well, Nuketown Couldn't take place in 2025. We don't test Nukes anymore. Like I said, the Original Nuketown takes place in the Early 1960s. I believe we have some sort of conflicting time periods going on here. I mean, look at Mob Of The Dead. It's in our Zombies storyline, and it's not 2025. Nuketown itself, the original Nuke-town, took place waaaaaay before 2025. We're talking about this map itself, not the entire series. I still don't get why they put 1950s Music in Green Run. That's still puzzling me.

All I can say is: Tachyon pulse, ripples in the timeline from the Maxis rockets. Which lets face it if Maxis made them they had 115 in the core.

Also remember that Maxis was searching for decades.

I still believe that when a incident occurs no matter when or where the time lines are merged.

If an MPD node is activate in 1960, if the node exists in 2025 then it causes time to become non-linear.

Best example is Kino.

Nuketown is the Kino of BOII.

Also could this be why they warned us of the Manhattan Project in Kino.

I believe one reason Maxis would target this area with his rockets is because he knew that there was a large deposit of 115 which would magnify the initial blast.

Regards Alpha.

Good point.....this is kind of confusing. But I just take a look at the Historical Evidence. It helps a little. There's def some time warps/paradoxes going on in this series.

It's not contradicting. It is a fact that the past can exist in the future. (I can own an Egyptian antique.) It is a near impossibility for the future to exist in the past. (I cannot own a quantum computer.)

The world was blown up in simul. At one time. Therefore, there is a single point in time, a single date, that is the day the world blew up. Because I what I illustrated above, we can find a MINIMUM date for this day. Let's scour the world to see what existed on this day.

a 1998 tower

a "Since 1996" poster

NavCard electronic chips

The SDC was formed in 2025. Therefore the world was blown up in 2025 MINIMUM. Moon and Nuketown take place on the day of Armageddon. Therefore, they take place in 2025. So there's a Nuketown 2025? Okay. That's no different than me buying an iPhone 4 and still having my old iPhone 3. iPhone 4 also has so many new features, like no zombies.

But those point to Die Rise being in or around 2025. Nuketown is clearly occurring at the same time as Moon. And in-game evidence points to this being in the 60s at some point. I won't try to argue when TranZit occurs or anything like that. The bus is surely a 50s/60s style bus, but the transition to Die Rise causes massive problems for us. And we really don't know how long the Earth has been nuked when Die Rise occurs. The smoke seems to be everywhere in TranZit, while it is below the buildings in Die Rise and then completely absent in Buried. It could have been a shift of decades between TranZit and Die Rise. This is one reason that I believe that the characters might have gone, not only through space, but through time when being brought to Die Rise by the purple beam of light(whoever that may be). And as stated before, the Call of Duty site stated that Nuketown Zombies occurred right after the multiplayer map ending. A mushroom cloud does not last but only a few hours and it is still present within the zombies map.

I will say that I wish they'd give us a timeline on these things, but I highly doubt they will. They like to make us give them the dates. I swear sometimes they just put things in there that they think will be cool or whatnot, then let us make sense of it for them. Sometimes this does end up coming back to bite them with things that make absolutely zero sense, i.e. the Kino loading screen.

Also of interest, let's look at the Blackbird. The Blackbird was made in the 1950s. Only two Presidents knew about the Blackbird while it was in operation: Eisenhower and Bush Sr. The rest had no clue of its existence. Blackbirds are no longer run in the material due to the massive amounts of gas that they use, but to this day none of our technology has surpassed the capabilities of the Blackbird.

So when we are looking at top secret government things, such as the HAARP Research Station underground in TranZit, we can't say "Those didn't release until the 90s, so it must be 90s or later." The government has so much technology that, quite frankly, we have no idea about. And it's possible that the devs put that station into TranZit with this knowledge.

a 1998 tower

a "Since 1996" poster

NavCard electronic chips

But those point to Die Rise being in or around 2025. Nuketown is clearly occurring at the same time as Moon. And in-game evidence points to this being in the 60s at some point. I won't try to argue when TranZit occurs or anything like that. The bus is surely a 50s/60s style bus, but the transition to Die Rise causes massive problems for us. And we really don't know how long the Earth has been nuked when Die Rise occurs. The smoke seems to be everywhere in TranZit, while it is below the buildings in Die Rise and then completely absent in Buried. It could have been a shift of decades between TranZit and Die Rise. This is one reason that I believe that the characters might have gone, not only through space, but through time when being brought to Die Rise by the purple beam of light(whoever that may be). And as stated before, the Call of Duty site stated that Nuketown Zombies occurred right after the multiplayer map ending. A mushroom cloud does not last but only a few hours and it is still present within the zombies map.

I will say that I wish they'd give us a timeline on these things, but I highly doubt they will. They like to make us give them the dates. I swear sometimes they just put things in there that they think will be cool or whatnot, then let us make sense of it for them. Sometimes this does end up coming back to bite them with things that make absolutely zero sense, i.e. the Kino loading screen.

You've got the bus correct; it's a General Motors 'New Look', first introduced in the Late 50s.

a 1998 tower

a "Since 1996" poster

NavCard electronic chips

The other maps give us clear evidence as to when they take place. Subtle hints in game, n' stuff. But with Nuketown Zombies, you have to go by history. Also.....wasn't Nuketown Located near the Sedan Crater? That was in the Yucca Flat test site. They put up a special tower called the BREN tower in the Yucca Flat in the early Sixties. This was removed in 1963 and transferred. In the Destroyed Green House's backyard, we can see a Tower way off in the Distance. I believe this is the BREN tower. This may point to the map being before 1963. Also, the test ban treat itself. Why would there be a Nuketown in 2025 with all 1950s Styling out in the middle of the Desert?

Well, Nuketown Couldn't take place in 2025. We don't test Nukes anymore

It wasn't a test. Maxis dropped three rockets on Earth from the moon.

The mushroom cloud in nuke town is probably from one of the Maxis rockets that hit nuke town.

Regard Alpha.

How did you figure that out? In the original Nuketown, the Nuclear tower can be seen just outside the map.....and the Nuke goes off every time at the end of the Match in Black Ops. Nuketown was just that, a Nuclear Testing ground. One of the rockets from moon can be seen hitting Nuketown After you die, not before. *Shrugs*

Well, Nuketown Couldn't take place in 2025. We don't test Nukes anymore

It wasn't a test. Maxis dropped three rockets on Earth from the moon.

The mushroom cloud in nuke town is probably from one of the Maxis rockets that hit nuke town.

Regard Alpha.

Nuketown Zombies was stated on the Call of Duty website as being right after the multiplayer map. The mushroom cloud is a result of the tested nuke that occurred during the multiplayer map.

We also know that these are not the rockets that nuke earth because we hear what is occurring on Moon throughout the map, yet the mushroom cloud is already there. We know that this isn't a recording, but is Live because the Zombies eye color changes around Round 23-25 from orange to blue, showing Richtofen has taken control at that time. And finally, when your game ends, you take vision of the rocket coming down to earth and smack straight into Nuketown.

It did not say "right after". You came up with that on your own. It said "after". It could be a long time after.

There were three sets of nuclear disasters upon Nuketown. The first was an atomic bomb that went off after a skirmish. You would think that is the cloud you see in the beginning of the next map, but it isn't. That is the result of the nuclear drill that we first saw in the Nuketown loading screen and then referenced in Origins. Then the world is nuked by 115 missiles.

Three different sets. There is no test ban treaty on drills. Yes, Nuketown was abandoned in ruins for forty years. If there was any place I think would be abandoned *cough* Kino *cough* it would be a place overflowing with radiation in the middle of Nevada.

SDC - 2025

Armageddon - 2025

Moon - 2025

Nuketown - 2025

There are many things that exist when the world is blown up that show that the planet EARTH was in the future. To argue it is to quite simply ignore blatant evidence. And with that, I'm done with this hundredth iteration of this argument. If you have any questions about my take on the issue, you (whoever) can contact me.

It did not say "right after". You came up with that on your own. It said "after". It could be a long time after.

There were three sets of nuclear disasters upon Nuketown. The first was an atomic bomb that went off after a skirmish. You would think that is the cloud you see in the beginning of the next map, but it isn't. That is the result of the nuclear drill that we first saw in the Nuketown loading screen and then referenced in Origins. Then the world is nuked by 115 missiles.

Three different sets. There is no test ban treaty on drills. Yes, Nuketown was abandoned in ruins for forty years. If there was any place I think would be abandoned *cough* Kino *cough* it would be a place overflowing with radiation in the middle of Nevada.

SDC - 2025

Armageddon - 2025

Moon - 2025

Nuketown - 2025

There are many things that exist when the world is blown up that show that the planet EARTH was in the future. To argue it is to quite simply ignore blatant evidence. And with that, I'm done with this hundredth iteration of this argument. If you have any questions about my take on the issue, you (whoever) can contact me.

Oh, my. I apologize if my post upset you. I honestly didn't mean it like that. I respect your Opinion. I was just stating historical facts about the matter. We can See the BREN Tower in the Distance in Nuketown. The BREN tower was taken down recently(I think just last year.) If it was in the future, don't you think that the BREN Tower wouldn't be there? 2025? I'm just saying. No offense meant. I apologize, again, if I seemed like I was disrespecting your thoughts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BREN_Tower

I'm pretty sure SDC was around before 2025, judging from what's seen and said in the campaign, specifically FOB Spectre. Will do a better search when I'm on my computer though.

Good point, Rissole; I have no doubt that Die Rise and Buried are set in the Future. I believe you can see a computer at the spawn point in Die Rise. Green Run, however, is also confusing. Even though we have a Robot Bus driver, WHO IS A ROBOT(gasp), him and his bus license plate say "Colorado, 1960." Not sure why there would be an automated bus from 1960. That confuses me. I digged the Zombie girls with those Poodle Skirts, though. ;) :lol:

• 3 months later...

I'm necro'ing here, sorry.

This is NTZ's Season Pass description.

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies.

A group of scientists, huh? Makes a lot of sense Marlton is here then. We now know without a doubt that this guy has government affiliations, but that's for another theory.

The original nuke in Nuketown is set during the 1960's. Notice how when the CIA arrives to accept the distress signal, they are just in their normal uniforms? Trust me, you would never get that close to the impact zone unprotected without wishing you were dead. A lot of years have passed, clearly. MoonTown doesn't take place in the 60's, it takes place close to or shortly after 2025 to stay logical with the N4 (Unless Marlton has the best anti-aging cream ever). The radiation and destruction are still a threat, but being able to waltz in their without crying for the sweet mercy of death is a step in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree game changer, I think Marleton was the only survivor from the scientists, which I am assuming are the Hazmat zombies. Not much is left to learn here but when it's spelled out in the description I can't help but to think the same as what you said. He went there to help, got stranded, being the gangly somewhat cowardly guy he is, locked himself away while everyone else fought and died.

Because of all the technology on Die Rise, like the fridges and flat screens, Nuketown has to take place in a modern/future setting. China wouldn't still be advancing the tech in their refrigerators if the world was falling apart. And Marlton mentions a 3D printer in one of his quotes. But other than the SDC soldiers, there isn't much saying its too far in the future. The robot on Tranzit looks and sounds like a sci-fi robot from an 80s movie. In a game where the US has been working on 115 technology since the 40s, it doesn't seem too far fetched for them to create a "Johnny Cab" robot in the 60s to transport people around secret military bases. 

As far as the explosion on the map goes, it doesn't seem like a regular nuke, like the one at the end of the MP map. Yeah, we have a mushroom cloud, but as others have pointed out, CIA soldiers wouldn't be sent in if there was radiation everywhere. And if you consider the odd yellow beams flashing around everywhere, and the Perk Machines dropping from the sky, it seems more like an explosion of some kind of 115 tech.

Marlton and Russ briefly talk about Broken Arrow and how they hate each other during the game. We know Russ and Stu were on the bus when they meet up with Marlton and Misty, and we know Marlton and the bus were both at Nuketown. So it seems like whatever Broken Arrow was, it was probably at Nuketown. Marlton was banished from the group for some reason and stuck in that bunker, according to his Nuketown quotes. Then the explosion happens, which Marlton seems to blame Russ for. And it seems like in the Buried Cutscene that Russ was fired from Broken Arrow. And for whatever reason Marlton is hiding the fact that he knows Russ. So perhaps Russ went back to Nuketown/Broken Arrow, got his revenege on Marlton somehow, since Marlton got him in trouble for "ratting" on him, (all gathered from in game quotes) and then he or something else set off the explosion at the base. Marlton is stuck in the bunker and we can hear the bus pulling away, possibly Russ making his escape. 

My theory of what exactly exploded is based on the loading screen. Its an image of some kind of large object hanging from a larger ship, creating a crater in the Earth while 3 human like creatures stand around it. Creatures that strongly resemble the aliens from Prometheus for some reason. So what if that is the Vrill Ya or another alien group burying something long ago. Burying the object thats hanging off the ship. Then the Nuke from the MP map, which we are told occurs before Nuketown Zombies, explodes and leads to the discovery of this object from the loading screen. Then scientists are brought in to examine it, and the project is called Broken Arrow. That all happens in the 60s right after the MP map. Then some time after 1996, just before the Moon rockets hit, there is an accident at this base that causes the explosion with the odd mushroom cloud and the zombie outbreak that is occurring on Nuketown and at No Man's Land on Moon. The rest of the world doesn't break out till after the Moon rockets hit. At least thats what I'm mostly guessing. 

• 5 months later...

1960's is possible, however, Marlton is in the nuke shelter and you can hear the Tranzit bus meaning that this is obviously set before Tranzit. As Tranzit is set in 2025, this is 63 years after Nuketown which Marlton is in, If Nuketown was set in 1962 Marlton would be somewhere between 80 and 90 years old which he is not, thus nuketown can not be set in 1962. It takes place at the same time as moon as well. Now, at the start of Tranzit upon picking up a power-up such as a Max Ammo, Richtofen will say something like 'I am still getting used to the Ether' in which he gets into during 'Richtofens Great Scheme' Easter egg which takes place at the same time as Nuketown ( around round 25 on nuketown) Because of this, I believe that Nuketown is a town made and nuked in the 1950's-60's (hence the 1950's décor and vehicles) however when you are playing it, it takes place around 2015-2020 as Marlton hasn't been found by Russman and Stuhlinger.

1960's is possible, however, Marlton is in the nuke shelter and you can hear the Tranzit bus meaning that this is obviously set before Tranzit. As Tranzit is set in 2025, this is 63 years after Nuketown which Marlton is in, If Nuketown was set in 1962 Marlton would be somewhere between 80 and 90 years old which he is not, thus nuketown can not be set in 1962. It takes place at the same time as moon as well. Now, at the start of Tranzit upon picking up a power-up such as a Max Ammo, Richtofen will say something like 'I am still getting used to the Ether' in which he gets into during 'Richtofens Great Scheme' Easter egg which takes place at the same time as Nuketown ( around round 25 on nuketown) Because of this, I believe that Nuketown is a town made and nuked in the 1950's-60's (hence the 1950's décor and vehicles) however when you are playing it, it takes place around 2015-2020 as Marlton hasn't been found by Russman and Stuhlinger.

I thought black ops 2 nuketown was called nuketown 2025?!

1960's is possible, however, Marlton is in the nuke shelter and you can hear the Tranzit bus meaning that this is obviously set before Tranzit. As Tranzit is set in 2025, this is 63 years after Nuketown which Marlton is in, If Nuketown was set in 1962 Marlton would be somewhere between 80 and 90 years old which he is not, thus nuketown can not be set in 1962. It takes place at the same time as moon as well. Now, at the start of Tranzit upon picking up a power-up such as a Max Ammo, Richtofen will say something like 'I am still getting used to the Ether' in which he gets into during 'Richtofens Great Scheme' Easter egg which takes place at the same time as Nuketown ( around round 25 on nuketown) Because of this, I believe that Nuketown is a town made and nuked in the 1950's-60's (hence the 1950's décor and vehicles) however when you are playing it, it takes place around 2015-2020 as Marlton hasn't been found by Russman and Stuhlinger.

I thought black ops 2 nuketown was called nuketown 2025?! True for the Multiplayer map, not the zombies map though. I'm sure it's said on this thread, but as you progress through the rounds on NTZ, you hear steps of the Moon Easter Egg. Which puts it at the same timeframe as Moon.

But, there isn't solid proof for when it actually takes place.

sent from my brain using 115 and magic

Archived