10 round challenge(steps to completion)

RippedCargo

Hi Guys! So what's the "10 round challenge"? Well, in the cut scene, close to the end. You see the round count for Samantha and Eddie! Sam has 10 and eddie has 20. What if there is more to do? But do it Quickly! Complete the whole easter egg on round 10! Crazy right!! But think, there's a lost girl achievement, what about a lost boy one aswell? Remember, eddie gets to make the rules tommorow! (reminder) as the rounds change so does the weather, (most of the time) so, it's like the days are changing also. Real goal, completing it twice on round 20! hahahahah!!!!! Sorry, but i know this sounds crazy, right!!! all puzzles lock or dissapear. Well, lets see if this can be done, and what new comes out of our labor. Plenty of back-up out there too. look at some of other posts about the cut scene. A few hints befor you, grab a few randoms thinking it can be done, good luck with the lobbies.

A. Have a team that agrees on the following: NO digging till it snows!!!!!

(since it won't snow till atlest round 2, follow the plan and get out early)

1. Rounds 1 & 2, one player gets the $ from zombies

(other 3 players, get 1000 then stop killing zombies)

(let zombies come thru windows, horde zombies for $ getting player)

(get penatration points, hopefully get a 2x or max ammmo)

if it snows on round 2, save a zombie so some digging can be done in NML.

( beware of nuke bombs! only get at end of round 1! any after that will be a waste of the zombies you need)

(open doors,Gen 2 an 3 with $ left to open no mans land)

This will allow you to get to no mans land in record time,(don't buy anything but doors)

end of round 2 save an unharmed zombie. An unharmed zombie, will respawnd forever!

By this time you have the 2 shield pieces, 1 baby sitting and 3 looking for 3rd piece of shield. The shield is life saving! Gather what pieces ya can! Try only to kill zombies where you need to kill them! soul boxes!!! Cleaning stone!!!! cleaning stone again!!!! Upgrading fire staff!! HInt:(have other 3 staffs in place, when upgrading fire staff and ya get 2 for 1 until fire finishies that part of it's upgrade),upgrading staffs and opening agartha! Phew! Lot of souls needed!! Think I've helped enough.

It's all up to your TEAM, stick together, till ya have to split up! communication is always a good idea! If ya get all 6 generators on by round 3 your in good shape!! If you fighting a Panzer without a staff, mistakes have been made! Good luck!!!

that's my xboxlive screen name, still haven't found the right team for the job, replys welcome........

So... your in nomansland and have the shield, all genarators on and Hopefully some ammo aswell.... This is where TEAM work comes in the most. Round 3 Begins....

2. Use round 3 wisely, Stay together and fill a soul box and save a zombie so you can gather and build staffs. (use $ from those kills to open escavation and start building staffs). Don't loose your cool on the time this may take. 3 staffs in there agartha holders, waiting to be upgraded end of round 3. Very pssible!

Since the soul boxes are at church and middle, watch which passes and start the round as soon as the giant passes, (any dug up guns would be nice right now)on to round 4.

Round 4... Again stay togethet!! fill another soul box, hopefully 2. now quickly get what you need, buy a gun, hit the box, get jug. most needed at this point is a gun, (mp40) or stg44, they have easy ammo. Don't want a half filled box to get closed back to filling soul boxes. If the team doesn't stay together,you loose zombies which you need. Stay together!!!!!! Make sure staffs are done and ready!! On to round 5....

Round 5... fill the remaining soul boxes, pay close attention to how many zombies are flooding that area! may have to make a few trains and circle back to the soul box. keep your distance from the zombies, sure someone doesn't have jug and if 1 goes down, the rest are sure to follow! Once all boxes are filled, Save those left over zombies, horde them up and let each player grab thier punch from the rewards box at 6.

Now your punch is better that your weapon.

Gather at top of church,

set-up time... Choose a player to get the oden bombs, he's at top of church ready to clean thier stone, bring rest of zombies from round 5 to them, run and horde if it's too many to handle at one time, let that player punch the rest of those zombies, on to round six. Some $ has been made, beef up start next round strong and ready to horde and release for player at church.

Round 6... Biggest part of this round is the hording, 1 at top of church, 1 in each tank path, and 1 under the church. time to communicate, player at top of church lets other players know when he needs more zombies to be brought to them, talk to each other and his stone will be clean quickly, with plenty of zombes to spare. Horde zombies and repeat proccess over at gen 2 area, while the player punches to get oden bombs, other horde in outside areas, once player has oden bombs, maybe other players can get there's also. pay attention to your horde donn't get trapped!!

Since we have to wait for round 8 to upgrade the fire staff,if yyou have all the above done by round 6 or 7 your in great shape.

Round 7... Use to make sure 1 player has oden bombs, must have soul boxes filled by 6, or no one will get the oden bombs. just make sure your ready for round 8! early stage of round 8 is very important! Must be ready!!!!! Grab the 3 staffs, it's crunch time!!

Round 8... Stay together!!! We must Take the panzer out quickly, avoid any nukes and get to agertha ASAP!!! Once the panzer hits the ground, run straight for agartha, try not to kill any zombies on the way. be good to enter together, place the staffs back and gather on the fire grate, fire staff gets his coldrons filled and others get thier staffs upgraded, till he's done with coldrons. Be alert, for when coldrons fill!! once filled seperate and horde in agartha, each player takes a corner where a portal is and horde till fire is done blasting his numbers at the church. Player returns with fire and place in agartha holder, then commence killing zombies till staffs are upgraded.

once all staffs are done,leave agartha and save a zombie!

Now have the fire staff go to bottom of escavation and place his staff in blaack holder and retieve it from fire holder 4 times. ( it;s the fire staff glitch) instead of having to get into each giant robot. Now the giants are walking in 3 at a time, place a guy with the oden bombs at gen 5 and find which foot is open on one of the giants robots. once inside the robot, push red button (letting the player at gen 5 know he pushed it) then toss the oden bomb on the concrete pad opening it.

one player takes zombie to bottom of escavation site, while others knock down the 8 panzers that the maxis drone shall release. yes all this on round 8 and there's more...

Now, the player that has staminup, and the ice staff player. ice staff shoot the burning wagons around escavation site. player with staminup gets zombie blood from top of site. Really important!!! once player gets zombie blood, they must shoot down glowing plane and then rundown the pilot around escavation site, this is hard to do sometimes. so, if ya saved some dig spots, try to find a zombie blood and shoot the plain down. or if ya left that blood at spawn, get that befor ya shoot the wagons and shhoot the plain. then use the wagons blood to kill pilot. ok pilot is dead and you have the maxis drone back in your possession. great! Round eight done!!! now get to bottom of escavation ASAP!!!! Her comes round 9....

Round 9... everyone is at the bottom of escavation, punching glowing fisted zombies,and anyother zombies they see, if we all get are glowing tabs (the elemental fists)

befor the round ends. try your best to get to agartha without killing too many zombies, send one player to get the maxis drone,we need those more than ever at this point in the game!!! all together we bust into agartha, placing our staffs and busting heads to get them filled. Thinking round 9 will end while in agartha, so on to round 10 and the ending, and hopefully something new!

Round 10... continue to fill staffs, once white light flashes, release maxis push x, and lets watch what happens....... comon you can do it....follow the steps...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

I agree with your thought process for this but not all the steps for it I'm afraid. I'm up for a world record attempt and I reckon with the right team and the right communication it is achievable in an early round.

However round 10 is a push, each chest takes about 30 zombies.

I agree that is essential to have the staffs before round 8 and that is achievable and by round 9 they should all be ultimates.

Here is my thoughts on how to achieve it and I think round 12 in around 40 or 50 minutes. Beating the current record by about 19 or possibly even 25+ minutes.

Round1: - Let zombie come through the barricades, one player needs to get the most points, doesn't matter who, but two players should have a maximum of 750 points. One player should have a minimum of 1000 points and one player should have a minimum of 2050 points. Why, because gen 2 & 3 will give an additional 200 points allowing workshop to be opened.

It is imperative, that the two players with 750 points open the doors from gen 1 to gen 2 & 3, the player with 1000 points open either 2nd door to gen 2 or 3 and the players with 2050 points opens the door to gen 2/3 as they will have enough to start both generators.

Round2: - This will allow a couple of things to occur, one player getting 1500 points to get no mans land opened, one player getting 1250 points to open gen 5 and one player receiving 1250 points to start gen 4, start gen 5 and open church. The other player should be concentrating on digging whilst it snows to get all the dig sites done and maximise the chances of getting all 3 ice staff parts and getting into the robots foot at gen 2/3, excavation site whilst another player gets robots foot at church for the 3rd wind staff part.

Forget about jug, get the shield built as you should have all parts.

Round3: - If everything has went according to plan, free for all. As long as one player has 1000 points, to start the tank at the end of the round with one zombie remaining. Keeping it out of the way of the tank tracks. Two players jump on the tank and get all 3 lighting staff parts.

Round4/7: Players concentrate on getting the 4 chests filled, starting at jug so you can buy jug, working your way around to excavation site, gen 5, then gen 6. Preparing yourself for round 8. This should allow you to have all generators filled. Get the wind, ice and lighting staffs. This will allow a quick take down of the pandzer.

If you haven't managed to fill all the chests, get it done
        Round8: - Take down that pandzer and get the last part for the fire staff. It is ideal that once the Pandzer has been taken down, that all players head down to the crazy place, ice, lighting and wind get the puzzles done. Fire staff player fill those cauldrons or whatever they are. Keep a zombie alive, get the remainder of the puzzles done.

Round 9: - All players head to the church, 3 players hiding by the mystery box, the remaining player filling the souls. If all players are at church and 3 keep by the mystery box, they will allow the stone to be cleaned quick. 2 players go in front of the player with the stone, 1 player remain at the back to keep them protected. Get back to gen 2, place that stone, kill the remaining zombies and get the airstrike.

Now get all the maxis drown parts if you haven't already grabbed them along the way. Get that remainig last zombie away over to jug. Keep it away from the pandzers that will spawn. Kill those pandzers

Get Zombie blood from the 3 carts, kill shoot down the plane and kill the zombie running round the excavation site.

Round 10: - Get the staffs in the robots foot, or even do it the other way and get the fire staff done in the dig site. I think it would be cheating so the feet is the way I would do it. Get your staffs back, get in that foot, get that button pressed and get that airstrike thrown.
          Round11/12: - Get down to the bottom of the dig site, upgrade the one inch punchwo at the steps, once upgrade, swap. Two players, stay back at the pedastals, the two players at the back keeping an eye on everyone's back. It should now be possible to get back down to the crazy place and shoot til your hearts content, get the end game

40/50 minutes and I think that's not a hard task to be very honest, I'm up for it if anyone else is and wants to record it for proof?

I agree with your thought process for this but not all the steps for it I'm afraid. I'm up for a world record attempt and I reckon with the right team and the right communication it is achievable in an early round.

I agree that is essential to have the staffs before round 8 and that is achievable and by round 9 they should all be ultimates.

Here is my thoughts on how to achieve it and I think round 12 in around 40 or 50 minutes. Beating the current record by about 19 or possibly even 25+ minutes.

Round1: - Let zombie come through the barricades, one player needs to get the most points, doesn't matter who, but two players should have a maximum of 750 points. One player should have a minimum of 1000 points and one player should have a minimum of 2050 points. Why, because gen 2 & 3 will give an additional 200 points allowing workshop to be opened.

It is imperative, that the two players with 750 points open the doors from gen 1 to gen 2 & 3, the player with 1000 points open either 2nd door to gen 2 or 3 and the players with 2050 points opens the door to gen 2/3 as they will have enough to start both generators.

Round2: - This will allow a couple of things to occur, one player getting 1500 points to get no mans land opened, one player getting 1250 points to open gen 5 and one player receiving 1250 points to start gen 4, start gen 5 and open church. The other player should be concentrating on digging whilst it snows to get all the dig sites done and maximise the chances of getting all 3 ice staff parts and getting into the robots foot at gen 2/3, excavation site whilst another player gets robots foot at church for the 3rd wind staff part.

Round3: - If everything has went according to plan, free for all. As long as one player has 1000 points, to start the tank at the end of the round with one zombie remaining. Keeping it out of the way of the tank tracks. Two players jump on the tank and get all 3 lighting staff parts.

Round4/7: Players concentrate on getting the 4 chests filled, starting at jug so you can buy jug, working your way around to excavation site, gen 5, then gen 6. Preparing yourself for round 8. This should allow you to have all generators filled. Get the wind, ice and lighting staffs. This will allow a quick take down of the pandzer.

If you have managed to fill all the chests, get it done
        Round8: - Take down that pandzer and get the last part for the fire staff. It is ideal that once the Pandzer has been taken down, that all players head down to the crazy place, ice, lighting and wind get the puzzles done. Fire staff player fill those cauldrons or whatever they are. Keep a zombie alive, get the remainder of the puzzles done.

Round 9: - All players head to the church, 3 players hiding by the mystery box, the remaining player filling the souls. If all players are at church and 3 keep by the mystery box, they will allow the stone to be cleaned quick. 2 players go in front of the player with the stone, 1 player remain at the bank to keep them protected. Get back to gen 2, place stone and get the airstrike.

Now get all the maxis drown parts if you haven't already grabbed them along the way. Get that remainig last zombie away over to jug. Keep it away from the pandzers that will spawn. Kill those pandzers

Get Zombie blood from the 3 carts, kill shoot down the plane and kill the zombie running round the excavation site.

Round 10: - Get the staffs in the robots foot, or even do it the other way and get the fire staff done in the dig site. I think it would be cheating so the feet is the way I would do it. Get your staffs back, get in that foot, get that button pressed and get that airstrike thrown.
          Round11/12: - Get down to the bottom of the dig site, upgrade the one inch punchwo at the steps, once upgrade, swap. Two players, stay back at the pedastals, the two players at the back keeping an eye on everyone's back. It should now be possible to get back down to the crazy place and shoot til your hearts content, get the end game

40/50 minutes and I think that's not a hard task to be very honest, I'm up for it if anyone else is and wants to record it for proof?

Excellent job. Very nice job formatting the post, it was very pleasant reading and very precisely explained. I am sure we can get this down to round 11/12 as you mentioned.

If anyone is up for the challenge I'm on now til late on xbox GT is my username. Add me and drop me a message saying you are from here.

It is currently 10pm GMT

I am not available on Fridays. But add my gt: way2g00 Will try some other time. Also you should join us for playdate this sunday.

Well, well...12 huh? Oh comon, your wasting so many zombies, 10 is the goal! look at my layout again, almost evey zombie is accounted for, no room for error here. Drop me an invite on xbox live GT=RippedCargo. it's a matter of having player that can evade and horde zombies on rounds 5,6 and 7. being able to get everyone on the same page, seems to be the hardest part of this challenge. getting in agartha, as soon as the panzer dies. hording while other player get oden bombs, not killing the last zombie! It's Pure team work! so yeah , i'm in on a play date, sunday works, someone post something or atleast send an invite on xbox live, Thanks....

If you haven't managed to fill all the chests, get it done

Round 9: - All players head to the church, 3 players hiding by the mystery box, the remaining player filling the souls. If all players are at church and 3 keep by the mystery box, they will allow the stone to be cleaned quick. 2 players go in front of the player with the stone, 1 player remain at the back to keep them protected. Get back to gen 2, place that stone, kill the remaining zombies and get the airstrike.

Wow. This is excellent. Can I just add one minor tip? It doesn't add much, but it can be helpful to, instead of taking the zombie to jug, have someone take it to the crazy place, where it cannot be harmed in any way, while the players are free to roam every part of the map. Whereas in your suggestion, they would have to avoid jug in order to make sure the zombie doesn't get killed by a staff...

I know, this tip isn't worth too much, but I don't know, maybe someone will find this helpful

• Tech Admin

Well, well...12 huh?

I'm afraid so, I'll explain why.

10 is the goal!

It's not achievable by round 10 in my very honest opinion. Not enough zombies spawn in the first 10 rounds to complete.

look at my layout again, almost evey zombie is accounted

for, no room for error here.

You have not allowed correctly for the amount of Zombies that spawn per round.

Drop me an invite on xbox live GT=RippedCargo.

I will, I'm happy to give it a try but I can honestly say It's a pipe dream.

it's a matter of having player that can evade and horde zombies on rounds 5,6 and 7.

Why do you want to horde Zombies? you do not want till kill any zombies outwith a chest area yes, however you don't want to evade them you want to chain them up and not cross other players trains and take them all to chest areas. However, if you areall in a chest area they will spawn nearby.

being able to get everyone on the same page, seems to be the hardest part of this challenge.

Agreed

One of the biggest problems with your suggestion, is on round 3, you will not get enough zombies killed to fill a chest, it's even going to be tough on round 4, which is why I suggest rounds 4 to 7, concentrating in the chests as it should be achievable on these rounds. It is definitely not possible on round 3.

I'm open to being proved wrong but I don't think it's possible.

• Tech Admin

Wow. This is excellent. Can I just add one minor tip? It doesn't add much, but it can be helpful to, instead of taking the zombie to jug, have someone take it to the crazy place, where it cannot be harmed in any way, while the players are free to roam every part of the map. Whereas in your suggestion, they would have to avoid jug in order to make sure the zombie doesn't get killed by a staff...

I know, this tip isn't worth too much, but I don't know, maybe someone will find this helpful

Unfortunately, going to the crazy place would be wasting time. Taken the zombie to jug whilst the other 3 players kill the pandzers at gen 5 would be suffice. The zombie shouldn't get touched by a staff shot at jug.

It's a world record attempt, so time is of the essence. Everyone needs to communicate and be very clear from the get go.

Who does what and when, who gets the 750 points and stops killing / shooting on round 1 etc.

It will not happen on the first attempt but possibly 3rd or 4th. Once everyone has a greater understand of the process/steps.

I've got boom on my friends list, so I'll definately join the play dates. This Sunday I reckon I'll be too hung over to get out of bed, never mind play zombies.

Also got 3 kids, so likely scenario of me getting on before 9pm GMT is very remote.

I hope we can still do this. I have almost the same restraints as you do Hells Warrior.

Most nights I am on after 9, with up to 5 other people in a party. All similar age and life situation.

Hit me up mate - chopper0nator

couldn't add hellswarrrior, don't know why, but it never went thru. try to add me instead, RippedCargo, my gamer tag. got a group that tried and of course, someone killed the zombie and the end of 4 rounds. Killed off time to build and set up for next rounds. actually fiiied a soul box with zombies from round 3 and some of 4. that's when it all went to crap! players come apart, when playing with limited fire power, no jug and very little $. lets try and get this game date set. We can do this!!!!!! added Boomyeah and way2g00. hit me back here or xbox. thanks...... added Choppernator aswwell

• Administrators

couldn't add hellswarrrior, don't know why, but it never went thru. try to add me instead, RippedCargo, my gamer tag. got a group that tried and of course, someone killed the zombie and the end of 4 rounds. Killed off time to build and set up for next rounds. actually fiiied a soul box with zombies from round 3 and some of 4. that's when it all went to crap! players come apart, when playing with limited fire power, no jug and very little $. lets try and get this game date set. We can do this!!!!!! added Boomyeah and way2g00. hit me back here or xbox. thanks...... added Choppernator aswwell

Yep just let me know when you want to give it a go, I'll pencil you in ;)

I'll be a bit more specific about my times.

I live a bit of a double life, and it's literally just been changed.

I live and work in the UK, from Tuesday to Tuesday.

I travel Tuesday afternoon to Brussels, stay a week and then return the following Tuesday evening.

When I am in Brussels, I can play from 10pm GMT every night, but generally only for an hour. Occasionally I can arrange for earlier starts.

When I am in the UK, I can play from 6pm GMT every week day, and then unlimited on the weekend.

I next go to Brussels on 12/11, but can't play again until 05/11 as my family are all in the UK now.

Gamertag - Chopper0Nator

• 4 weeks later...

So maybe i'm reading it wrong, but you can open every door, turn on every generator and still have enough zombies left over to upgrade staffs in the first two rounds? I also have never heard of a Panzer coming before round 8 so I don't know how anyone would have to worry about fighting one without a staff in round 2. I'm sure i'm coming off pretty negative here but I don't see how this is possible. I'm sure if you have the group for it, you can still have the lost girl EE done by round 10, I've have everything opened up and turned on by myself at round 7 so having 3 more players should only make it easier.

I am interested in hearing if this pans out though. Like the thought, just think the math needs to be looked over again.

• Tech Admin

Maths is fine, you can't and never will have everything opened by round 2.

I've supplied a round by round analysis of what would need to be done. I have quoted below the first two rounds, the relevant doors can be opened with point sharing and delegation.

Remember, that starting a generator costs 800 points, each successful generator started will supply an additional 100 points.

For the relevant doors to be opened and generators started (apart from 6) only 8750 is required, that is easily achieved by the end of round 2

• 1 month later...
  • Tech Admin

You know, I haven't played zombies since the beginning of November (has it really be that long) and I'm getting the itch to do this challenge. So I'm thinking tomorrow night (if I get the TV, as the wife will most likely be watching Geordie Shore) or Saturday night, of trying this but need another 3 players.

Anyone up for it?

• Administrators

You know, I haven't played zombies since the beginning of November (has it really be that long) and I'm getting the itch to do this challenge. So I'm thinking tomorrow night (if I get the TV, as the wife will most likely be watching Geordie Shore) or Saturday night, of trying this but need another 3 players.

Anyone up for it?

I'm down if our schedules match up.

• 1 month later...