RIP Yoteslaya

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yote was the first person I watched for zombies gameplay, I loved that he would always put his sons before everything else including YouTube. I remember the story he told of where he stayed at the hospital ate his sons side through out the entire time he was there. If his sons were at his house he would always make sure they were having fun with him. I respected him so much for that,.

I'm glad i was able to talk to him for a brief period of time in one of King Jaqs live streams a couple months ago, we had a bit of a joke together and I asked about his sons.

I'll miss you yote, you were truly the man I admired the most in zombies, I just wished I watched you more now.

They say the good die young. Yote was truly good.

:(

I never really watched him, but he was one of the few Zombie Youtubers in the community that I actually liked. One of the few morally good about Zombies content. His heart was in the right place. I definetly remember his Simpsons custom map video with a girl called Nova I believe.

I swear if anyone makes a video about this just for the views, I don't think I'll be able to contain myself. Obviously you can make one and actually talk about it if it helps you, but there are people out there who do it solely for a bump in view count, not that their sad or anything.

I feel terrible for his family. Isn't their anything we could do? Donations, Streams or Games dedicated to him? Something needs to be done, officially or unofficially at least.

I never really watched him, but he was one of the few Zombie Youtubers in the community that I actually liked. One of the few morally good about Zombies content. His heart was in the right place. I definetly remember his Simpsons custom map video with a girl called Nova I believe.

I swear if anyone makes a video about this just for the views, I don't think I'll be able to contain myself. Obviously you can make one and actually talk about it if it helps you, but there are people out there who do it solely for a bump in view count, not that their sad or anything.

I feel terrible for his family. Isn't their anything we could do? Donations, Streams or Games dedicated to him? Something needs to be done, officially or unofficially at least.

Infest was working on a custom map thingamajig for this site. Perhaps we could finish it and have at the top "In memory of Brian 'Yoteslaya'" or something like that, like books and films do?

Infest was working on a custom map thingamajig for this site. Perhaps we could finish it and have at the top "In memory of Brian 'Yoteslaya'" or something like that, like books and films do?

Great idea murder. Was there any thing in zombies that he loved the most? Favorite weapon? Character? Did he have a catch phrase?

I remember, nearly three years ago now, watching his videos nearly nonstop and just being in awe that someone could get past round 50, much less get 151 on Ascension. He seemed like a truly amazing person and an incredible father to his two children. I didn't watch him much, but I will always credit his entertaining videos—along with the likes of Syndicate and MurkahDurkah—for exposing me to the awesome community that is Zombies.

Drinking and driving will never, ever mix. Don't do it. It's selfish and it's stupid. This man has left behind two sons without a father; don't put your family through that same pain.

I dont know much about custom maps since i dont have pc zombies, but if there is a loading screen or cut scene, that should defiantly be there in blood on a black screen.

Yep, that would be possible.

It would also be possible to get audio of him saying that and actually put it into the map itself, either as something triggered by activating something, or replace it as another sound.

Great idea murder. Was there any thing in zombies that he loved the most? Favorite weapon? Character? Did he have a catch phrase?

Did you know that he had his own zombie map? He had one called Yote's Lair that was made for him as a present by some really top-notch guys. Honestly it is one of the best custom maps (in my opinion).

Did you know that he had his own zombie map? He had one called Yote's Lair that was made for him as a present by some really top-notch guys. Honestly it is one of the best custom maps (in my opinion).

Yeah, it was made by ZCTxCHAOSx who has made some other great maps. Yote's Lair was the map the convinced me to go custom. I remember seeing a video and thought... Damn... I want in on that. I bought WaW that very day and got the map running within a few hours.

I have never turned back. Thanks you for that Brian.

I dont know much about custom maps since i dont have pc zombies, but if there is a loading screen or cut scene, that should defiantly be there in blood on a black screen.

Yep, that would be possible.

It would also be possible to get audio of him saying that and actually put it into the map itself, either as something triggered by activating something, or replace it as another sound.

The loading screen idea seems good, but I'm not really sure about the sound quote thing. Like, I'm not sure if people would find it funny and nice, or weird and uncomfortable (hearing him). You'd have to get a lot of opinions on that to decide. Although I suppose you could always just remove/add it in an update.

Perhaps instead of just one person doing it, a lot of people could work on it? Friends of his, etc. Work on ideas, adding elements of maps that he liked, etc. I think that would be cool to see a big group project all for him.

I was very shocked and saddened to hear about this this morning. His Wave 151 run on Ascension inspired me to work harder and become a better zombies player, and for that I thank him greatly.

It seems sad that (if Treyarch ever continue the zombies story) he'll never get to see how it truly ends, what really happens to the characters we've come to love... I mean, Yote was one of the first to take on the zombies reins and steer it towards the success and popularity it holds today.

If someone can figure out a way to commemorate him at all (including Murder's idea of having his name on the new custom map) then please share it, but for me i'll be trying to beat my wave 64 record on Ascension (my highest wave yet) in his memory.

Thanks for the great videos and for helping to build this fantastic gaming community up.

Ladies and Genitals, let's say RIP Yoteslaya.

I was so saddened to learn of this yesterday. Had just been watching a lot of his videos because of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt going on right now, and it really breaks my heart to see someone so young pass away so senselessly. I know he had a lot of youtube subs a majority of which are young people I would imagine, hopefully if nothing else, this tragedy can serve those young people as a lesson as to what the consequences of drunk driving can be. RIP Yoteslaya , thoughts up to your friends and family

Just heard today, and I was deeply saddened by it.

His videos got me into zombies, and custom zombies even though I never played Custom Zombies on my personal computer.

I heard of a petition going around to make him a NPC in Borderlands for his videos he did on that game, and I like Murder's idea as well. It would be awesome if Treyarch would release his favourite custom map on BO2 or something as a tiny DLC.

I'm gonna miss him, and I hope anyone involved's family and friends will heal in this sad moment of life.

First time I ever heard of Yoteslaya was when he made the world record Rd 151 on Ascension. He was absolutely one of the very best solo players in zombies.

One thing that really stood out to me about him was how as a "big youtuber", he definitely helped the little guy out as much as he could. Some of his friends such as Predictable Nova now have successful youtube channels of their own because of his help. He ran the biggest zombie community channel on youtube called ZombieSlayinNation. I can definitely say he's helped me out since I posted a few videos there. He also did a lot for the PC custom zombie community. Yote's Lair is one of the best custom zombie maps of all time. The dude's definitely going to be missing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone interested, there's a fundraiser by PredicatableNova that benefits his memorial and kid's college funds: http://elektrek.bigcartel.com/category/limited-edition

CagmhM0hgLU

R.I.P YoteSlaya

- Mix